Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 3:26:45 PM EDT
I need a spray booth big time. I was going to build one using the VentWorks kit but he basically dropped the product line due to the motor he designed it around is no longer in production.

I have more money then time so I don't want to waste a bunch of time hunting down parts and designing something that will hopefully work and I don't want one of those cheap ebay/amazon plastic jobs with PC fan(s) for the exhaust so I'm thinking about ordering the Pace Mini Plus The PeaceKeeper 24-Inch Mini-Plus.

Anybody here have experience with this model or Pace products in general and care to comment?

Are there any other decent units in the same size/price range I should be considering?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The vent works page has an alternative fan listed at Grainger.
https://vent-works.com/blogs/the-ventilation-blog/15945741-diy-hobby-spray-booth

I modified the vent-works design and made it bigger for my modeling needs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:20:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: airgunner] [#2]
Yeah but if you notice, almost of the parts he made for his version are sold out and he's discontinued this line of business. I'm sure I could just buy the replacement motor and hack something together but I'd rather have a turn key solution (or at least a simple kit like VentWorks use to offer).

ETA - Looking at your pic, I can't tell where you are venting yours at? I see a window to the left but I don't see a hose?

That's the other issue I have, the room I will be using doesn't have a window. I'm going to test a few windowless vent options to see if they will work and if not, I do have an option to run a vent line outdoors but I'd rather not if I don't have to? That's why I want to get something soon to test it but if I do have to run a vent, that might be where the bigger motor might be needed?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I have a 4” metal duct running under the back edge of the bench to the window.  Piece of flex to a plywood window filler that has a dryer vent mounted in it.
Definitely was not a turn key booth since I build large 1/32 aircraft.
What’s the size of what you’re painting?
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I mostly do cars (RC and static, from 1/25 to 1/10 scale) so the biggest objects I would be painting are 1/10 scale RC bodies which are well under 24" (~16" +/- typically).
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you cannot vent, this might be the ticket.

Amazon Product
  • \u30102 Sets of Portable Spray Booth Kit\u3011These 2 booths can be used for 2 single set or combined to a larger space, which is very useful for your bigger model airbrushing works!

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Since you cannot vent, this might be the ticket.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0779WWG3S
View Quote

I just can't see spending that kind of money on Chinesium plastic with PC fans for venting? Reading the reviews, that's just 2 separate units literally taped together

I'm going to try some version of the bucket trick to vent into with charcoal filters. Hopefully the works as well as people say it does but if not, I can run a vent line but I'm really hoping I don't have to. Both because it will be a PITA and because it will make me have to completely change the way I want to set up the room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top