BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not my rifle, but the numbers add up to $3,592.  I could build 7 functional AR-15s for that
View Quote
I could build 10-11.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Was about to post the same picture.   Then paint it white with same fake chrome accents.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm strangely aroused.
Specs on it, if you please.

@Got_Guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm strangely aroused.

@Got_Guns
@50cal

I am not sure. I think i found it on this forum somewhere, thought it was cool looking so i saved it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@50cal

I am not sure. I think i found it on this forum somewhere, thought it was cool looking so i saved it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm strangely aroused.

@Got_Guns
@50cal

Pretty sure that's a quick deployable bipod from CAA or on of those Israeli companies.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DETAILS!
NOW!

PLEASE!

@XeroSygnal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the Emperor!

http://i.imgur.com/97gF3gD.jpg
DETAILS!
NOW!

PLEASE!

@XeroSygnal
The handguard is 3d printed from a file I found on Thingverse.  It attaches to some picatinny rail bolted to the bottom.
Gibbz side charging upper, Adams Arms piston kit, Samson Evo 4ex handguard and grip panel(had to be modified to fit the upper and I added in Rivnuts to attach the panels), and an barrel I had on the old upper I converted to 10.5.  Can't remember what brand.  The muzzle brake is from Ebay...it was the closest to what I wanted it to look like.  Lower is Aero with a Maxim PDW Brace and CAA grip that looked right.
All the controls are either gold or TiN plated...had to kinda piece it all together with what was available.  And the various emblems are from cast brass from Etsy or Forge World brass etchings that are held on with RTV or epoxy.
The paint is Krylon.  I want it to get worn when I shoot it.

Also made a melee weapon to go with it.
We we have a tradition of birthday piñatas in my group of friends and I always make the birthday person a piñata beatin' stick.  Couldn't go halfass on mine when my time came around!
It weigh 8.5lbs...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would be a futuristic AR to someone in 1993, but an old, ourdated design in 2018.  Imo.

Define futuristic, though.

Jetsons?

Star Wars?

Halo?

2018 special forces?

2028 special forces?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lusted over those yeeears ago. Good idea. I'm thinking get it Duracoated a nice burgundy color.
That would be a futuristic AR to someone in 1993, but an old, ourdated design in 2018.  Imo.

Define futuristic, though.

Jetsons?

Star Wars?

Halo?

2018 special forces?

2028 special forces?
I think it definatly fits the "futuristic look". Almost a Haloish look to me.

Anybody make an electronic round counter that mounts behind the rear sight?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Icon Mechanicus...like in my avatar.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The handguard is 3d printed from a file I found on Thingverse.  It attaches to some picatinny rail bolted to the bottom.
Gibbz side charging upper, Adams Arms piston kit, Samson Evo 4ex handguard and grip panel(had to be modified to fit the upper and I added in Rivnuts to attach the panels), and an barrel I had on the old upper I converted to 10.5.  Can't remember what brand.  The muzzle brake is from Ebay...it was the closest to what I wanted it to look like.  Lower is Aero with a Maxim PDW Brace and CAA grip that looked right.
All the controls are either gold or TiN plated...had to kinda piece it all together with what was available.  And the various emblems are from cast brass from Etsy or Forge World brass etchings that are held on with RTV or epoxy.
The paint is Krylon.  I want it to get worn when I shoot it.

Also made a melee weapon to go with it.
We we have a tradition of birthday piñatas in my group of friends and I always make the birthday person a piñata beatin' stick.  Couldn't go halfass on mine when my time came around!
It weigh 8.5lbs...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/2018-10-08_18-698656.JPG
View Quote
Nice I have the rail, muzzle device, and a gas block that is railed. I'm well on my way then.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think it definatly fits the "futuristic look". Almost a Haloish look to me.

Anybody make an electronic round counter that mounts behind the rear sight?
View Quote
If you want Halo any of the Kel-Tec bullpup rifles are your best starting point. Add some 3-D printed parts to fill the buttstock area. There are round counters out there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd like to have the rifle from Oblivion. It's not AR15 based though.

I'm just here to look at cool guns.
View Quote
It's a cool mod of a Bushmaster ACR.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to have the rifle from Oblivion. It's not AR15 based though.

I'm just here to look at cool guns.
There is a prop replica build online. You could cut up the replica and mod to an AR or other semi pattern rifle.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#13]
You know I'm partial to the white/orange District 9 paint schemes:

ETA:  Looks like it's kind been done:

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Winner. Stick a small like colored reflex sight on top and you have the rifle you want. Your welcome OP. @LRRPF52 nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]
This is a great thread

Quoted:
I love the bolter!

My favorite was always the pipe gun AR build by one of the members of arfcom.

I think it had a 2x4 for a stock and a screwdriver handle for a grip.
View Quote
It was a 2x6 and 2 screwdriver handles damnit

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you want Halo any of the Kel-Tec bullpup rifles are your best starting point. Add some 3-D printed parts to fill the buttstock area. There are round counters out there.
View Quote
Link to round counters?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Link to round counters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to round counters?
https://www.radetecusa.com/products/digital-counter/ar-15-m-16/

Another
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/AR_15_Ammo_Counter/118-716543/

Just googling it bring up a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure I saw a magazine from the 90s showing one off even
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@50cal

View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@50cal

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm strangely aroused.

@Got_Guns
@50cal

@50cal
@Got_Guns
@Kagetora

Quoted:
    Just got this assembled tonight. Seems to load, dimple primers, and eject fine with the dummy rounds. Now to get it out and do some shooting. Winter sucks.
    Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
    Quoted:
    There can be.

It's an 80% lower I finished, and a slick-side Aero upper.
    I had a Strike Industries enhanced LPK, but for a couple reasons I only used a few parts from it. The rest are CMMG. Except for a Tom's Tactical trigger/hammer.
    6" Angstadt barrel, with a 7" YHM MLOK handguard and a KAW Valley Linear Comp. With Strike Industries MLOK covers.
    Also KAW Valley bolt, buffer, spring, and pistol tube.
    KAK Colt pattern mag adapter
    Thorsden buffer tube cover+saddle. IMI foregrip I modified to fit closer. Turns out that was kind of a mistake (see below).
    Vortex Venom in a Strike Industries exoskeleton, Magpul MBUS, and a Crimson Trace rail-mount green laser on an MLOK section.
    And a FAB Defense Podium Because it looks like that.

So, it has two problems so far. The SI ambi safety selector is hard to make function. It's function is fine, but it's sticky/stiff. Not sure if it is the selector or the 80% lower. Will hopefully loosen up over time.

Also, that IMI angled grip I modified. Makes it impossible to get the pistol apart unless I loosen it and slide it forward. Not a huge deal, just an extra step when cleaning. Poorly thought out on my part. Looks cool though.

The Podium...man. It's possible I might have found the only legitimate use for one, with is on a super-short pistol like this. It actually...works, at least in testing. I don't think I would ever put on on a regular, full-size rifle though, for all of the reasons put forth in reviews. Nothing else looks like it though, so it had to go on.

Those parts, and an obsessive amount of painter's tape, custom-made stencils, and Duracoat, and this is the result. Pure fun!

ETA: this is the last Aero upper I am going to buy. The takedown pin hole was literally oblong, and required serious file work to make fit. Obviously I am not afraid of work, but, man. I own a bunch of AR's and I've never seen anything like that before. Maybe I got a fluke, but I'll stick with my regular brands and deal with the essentially useless (for me) forward assist.
    Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:14:15 AM EDT
    [#22]
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare NV4 not sure I care for the rail but it's a pretty cool futuristic looking AR-15.

Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:12:05 AM EDT
    [#23]
    Quoted:

@50cal
    @Got_Guns
    @Kagetora

View Quote
      Thanks!
      Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:07:02 AM EDT
      [#24]
      Well that will certainly keep you from having cold hands in the winter lol
      Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:08:25 AM EDT
      [#25]
      Quoted:
      I would love something like that

That's so fuckin cool
      View All Quotes
      Quoted:
      I would love something like that

That's so fuckin cool
      Beautiful gun.
      Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:25:34 AM EDT
      [#26]
      Ok I just dug around for all those parts.

In 2 years I am going to build that damn thing.  I am in love.

I need some fun and THAT looks like a fun build.
      Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:53:10 AM EDT
      [#27]
      OST
      Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:50:15 AM EDT
      [#28]
      Quoted:
      @50cal
      @Got_Guns
      @Kagetora

View All Quotes
        Quoted:
        Quoted:
        Quoted:
        I'm strangely aroused.

@Got_Guns
        @50cal

@50cal
        @Got_Guns
        @Kagetora

Quoted:
          Just got this assembled tonight. Seems to load, dimple primers, and eject fine with the dummy rounds. Now to get it out and do some shooting. Winter sucks.
          https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254435/IMG_20171212_184540-389364.JPG
          https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254435/IMG_20171212_184722-389365.JPG
          Quoted:
          There can be.

It's an 80% lower I finished, and a slick-side Aero upper.
          I had a Strike Industries enhanced LPK, but for a couple reasons I only used a few parts from it. The rest are CMMG. Except for a Tom's Tactical trigger/hammer.
          6" Angstadt barrel, with a 7" YHM MLOK handguard and a KAW Valley Linear Comp. With Strike Industries MLOK covers.
          Also KAW Valley bolt, buffer, spring, and pistol tube.
          KAK Colt pattern mag adapter
          Thorsden buffer tube cover+saddle. IMI foregrip I modified to fit closer. Turns out that was kind of a mistake (see below).
          Vortex Venom in a Strike Industries exoskeleton, Magpul MBUS, and a Crimson Trace rail-mount green laser on an MLOK section.
          And a FAB Defense Podium Because it looks like that.

So, it has two problems so far. The SI ambi safety selector is hard to make function. It's function is fine, but it's sticky/stiff. Not sure if it is the selector or the 80% lower. Will hopefully loosen up over time.

Also, that IMI angled grip I modified. Makes it impossible to get the pistol apart unless I loosen it and slide it forward. Not a huge deal, just an extra step when cleaning. Poorly thought out on my part. Looks cool though.

The Podium...man. It's possible I might have found the only legitimate use for one, with is on a super-short pistol like this. It actually...works, at least in testing. I don't think I would ever put on on a regular, full-size rifle though, for all of the reasons put forth in reviews. Nothing else looks like it though, so it had to go on.

Those parts, and an obsessive amount of painter's tape, custom-made stencils, and Duracoat, and this is the result. Pure fun!

ETA: this is the last Aero upper I am going to buy. The takedown pin hole was literally oblong, and required serious file work to make fit. Obviously I am not afraid of work, but, man. I own a bunch of AR's and I've never seen anything like that before. Maybe I got a fluke, but I'll stick with my regular brands and deal with the essentially useless (for me) forward assist.
          Thank you for the update
          Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:25:52 PM EDT
          [#29]
          Bump for more ideas. Lower is still "processing"
          Page / 3
          Next Page Arrow Left
          Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
          Top Top