BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dunno I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and didnt see wokage and enjoyed the movie? Does GD believe Im a leftist?
View Quote

Communist ??. All kidding side how was it ? I still haven't caught it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What, who doesn't want to watch this garbage? I mean, so strong these broads!

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

More than one sci-fi fan I know is superhero movie’d out. Superhero fatigue is a real thing.
View Quote

About the only ones I watch are Batman. I could care less about most of the others. And this is from a huge comic book fan growing up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Op you are way out in front of everyone on this! Thanks for your insight!
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Iron Man and maybe Iron Man II along with a couple of the Batman movies were about the sum total of my interest in superhero comic movies.  They ran it into the ground for me 10 years ago.
View Quote

This, to a T.

It was neat to see a modern interpretation of those IPs in the mid 2000s but was it didn't take long to get WAY too played and in particular at the expense of new IPs coming out of Hollywood in the last 15 years.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was a fan for everything through Endgame. Slowly became disinterested after that. I just saw an ad for The Marvels in theaters this month. I just can’t imagine that will be a blockbuster.
View Quote

The Spiderman afterwards was kinda the last final thong they did well.

Peter dealing with loss of Tony and the sacrifice at thr end while also bringing in the other two Peters.

After that it turned to shit.

The Dr Strange sequel was something I was interested in but they literally made it about a border crossing illegal multiverse migrant.

The "put a chick in it and make it gay" was beyond blatantly obvious.

Marvel held out surpringlybwell compared to the stupid shit they did with StarWars from the drop.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I watch them all, but through scathing commentaries on YouTube

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah yes, that Thanos guy was so weak, not a real threat. He is such a joke that the snap is a throw away reference and the Infinity Stones so inconsequential we see them tossed into a drawer like old keys. What phenomenal world building and respect for the stories that preceded this one.

If you like it, I'm glad. I expect more, or at least something different, from a story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Thanos and his power, and all of Loki's schemes, amount to nothing compared to what this Loki has come to see and understand.

Ah yes, that Thanos guy was so weak, not a real threat. He is such a joke that the snap is a throw away reference and the Infinity Stones so inconsequential we see them tossed into a drawer like old keys. What phenomenal world building and respect for the stories that preceded this one.

If you like it, I'm glad. I expect more, or at least something different, from a story.

That problem was already introduced with all of the multiverse stuff. Infinite Thanoses. Infinite Lokis. Infinite consequences (except Loki alwasy loses). The Loki series allowed that to be explored and fleshed out in a remarkable way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s not a strictly a marvel thing.

It’s a Disney problem.

Last I heard, I think their remake of Snow White was put on ice because of stupid remarks the lead had made which unsurprisingly generated a ton of blowback.
View Quote

she then kinda said oopsie back then..... then last week doubled down and said she need's to be loud as fuck and push around people that don't agree with her.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Where does all of this leave Deadpool?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They will get back on track shortly once they have a creative director with a focused vision.  Same with Star Wars.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol.  They are running out of IP to ruin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was a big fan of the MCU in the beginning. While I'm not so interested in the current product they are far from imploding.
They will get back on track shortly once they have a creative director with a focused vision.
Same with Star Wars.

They still have the Predator and the Alien IP to fucking rape and destroy.
They haven't even gotten started on destroying those classics yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where does all of this leave Deadpool?
View Quote

With a heaping shit load of 4th wall material to make fun of.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Iron Man and maybe Iron Man II along with a couple of the Batman movies were about the sum total of my interest in superhero comic movies.  They ran it into the ground for me 10 years ago.
View Quote

Same here. I think the last Marvel movie I watched was the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was a big fan of the MCU in the beginning. While I'm not so interested in the current product they are far from imploding.
They will get back on track shortly once they have a creative director with a focused vision.
Same with Star Wars.

Actually that started in 1990 and 1992 respectively
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I took a dislike to the whole genre after seeing Xmen many years ago.  I just call them comic book movies, shake my head, and move on.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

she then kinda said oopsie back then..... then last week doubled down and said she need's to be loud as fuck and push around people that don't agree with her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a Disney problem.

Last I heard, I think their remake of Snow White was put on ice because of stupid remarks the lead had made which unsurprisingly generated a ton of blowback.

Movie got pushed back.  Reshoots to make the dwarfs more like the actual dwarfs. And hopefully to give the lead a sit down and shut up speech.

Ironically Disney is promoting the animation right now as part of the 100th anniversary celebration as introduced as the movie that started it all now showing in 4K.  Kind of hard to promote the classic with the new lead literally biting the hand that feeds her.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
So who owns the Joker?  All his movies are dark, gritty, and entertaining AF. Why can't they get the people that make Joker movies to fix Marvel?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So who owns the Joker?  All his movies are dark, gritty, and entertaining AF. Why can't they get the people that make Joker movies to fix Marvel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow, a lot to unpack here.

The Joker is a DC and thus Warner Brothers character. The film Joker seems to have been intended as it's own thing and not part of a larger cinematic universe. Although the movie made so much money that they are working on a sequel with Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn.

Don't know how that's going to turn out.

Anyway, Todd Phillips who directed, wrote and produced Joker said...

Phillips said in 2019, in the aftermath of his dark drama Joker release, that he had stopped making comedy films because of the backlash of "woke culture", saying: "Go try to be funny nowadays... There were articles written about why comedies don't work anymore— I'll tell you why, because all the fucking funny guys are like, 'Fuck this shit, because I don't want to offend you.' It's hard to argue with 30 million people on Twitter."

That sort of mentality does not work out when you're facing your standard issue corporate board.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wow, a lot to unpack here.

The Joker is a DC and thus Warner Brothers character. The film Joker seems to have been intended as it's own thing and not part of a larger cinematic universe. Although the movie made so much money that they are working on a sequel with Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn.

Don't know how that's going to turn out.

Anyway, Todd Phillips who directed, wrote and produced Joker said...

That sort of mentality does not work out when you're facing your standard issue corporate board.
View Quote
Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Now that I think about it the last real good comedy I remember was Superbad and that was a while ago.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They actually de-sexualized the female characters in Phase 4 of the M-SHE-U. They removed their femininity, covering up most of the breast area.
https://media.comicbook.com/2020/04/hot-toys-avengers-1215879-1280x0.jpeg
View Quote

They just look like a bunch of pissed off, bitchy cunts to me.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They just look like a bunch of pissed off, bitchy cunts to me.

No thanks.
View Quote

Whenever I think of Captain Marvel I can't help but think of another fictional character who does pretty much the same job. But who doesn't come across as completely insufferable.

Salvation Through Annihilation

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
The Marvels Was Doomed From The Start
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was a fan for everything through Endgame. Slowly became disinterested after that. I just saw an ad for The Marvels in theaters this month. I just can’t imagine that will be a blockbuster.
View Quote

This. I liked most of the movies, Thor 1 and 2 being the exception, but I thought Endgame was a letdown. I don't think I've seen another Marvel movie after that. Just like in the Star Wars thread I'm apathetic.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It’s a Disney problem.

View Quote

They actually dropped the dwarves element as they thought it was insensitive to dwarves. That actually pissed dwarves off instead.

Virtue signal backfire, which is going to happen more and more to the left.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Disney is a fucking vampire, sucking the blood out of any lifeless corpse (IP) they own to try and shovel product out to stay relevant.

Star Wars is a joke, Marvel has been shit since End Game, with a few short exceptions, and they literally raped Indiana Jones' corpse with the newest shit pile they shoveled out this year.

Evidently the Blade reboot was literally going to be female centric and about important life lessons (I shit you not) .what the fucking fuck?

South Park hit the nail on the head with their newest Panderverse special about those clowns.

View Quote

I wondered if that was what was going on as I haven't watched South Park.

Part of the whole multiverse BS is actually a sly way of forcing people to not accept their own individualism and self identity.  Disney is trying to use it to push the usual woke stuff, or at least sell the idea that you could be someone of color/gayness/etc. in some other universe...but is it really you?

IMO it follows some weird alchemy bullshit from Hegel and I don't like it.  Making you think about "not you" is seemingly the goal of individual vs. "group".
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Warner Brothers. DC is just a small part of their Movie umbrella.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I foster a deep and abiding wellspring of loathing for what Disney Inc. has done to the beloved fictional characters of my youth.

I look foreword to their slow inevitable slide into obscurity.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't stand the chick in Captain Marvel.  She just comes off shitty no matter what on screen.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can't stand the chick in Captain Marvel.  She just comes off shitty no matter what on screen.
View Quote

The pinnacle of her career.
Not joking.
She was bitchy and terrible but that was the character.

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top