Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are going to be absolutely perfect. We’re super excited to get them in. Already got a few sold.

Congrats on getting the nori green, gonna be hard to get
View Quote

Probably because it is ugly but that goes with the hideous grill.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing good about that is the color.  That grill..
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are going to be absolutely perfect. We’re super excited to get them in. Already got a few sold.

There are currently 48 of them allocated for the entire USA.  Those numbers will grow but not much right now due to shutdowns.

I actually like the grille.  I wish it had better approach and departure angles but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My interest is intensifying. Details? Any pics on ‘Mud?

View Quote

But you're in Colorado!

97 Lexus LX450, 244k-ish miles, 2" lift, fairly new tires, new exhaust, new fuel line, rebuilt parking brake (surprisingly expensive).
A/c works great, heat works great, cruise control works, new 1500 dollar double din stereo installed with Apple Play and backup camera.
Some rust, some wear.  It's rhino-lined on the exterior, was the lexus dark green before that.
Interior is decent.  Needs minor stuff.

Hit me in a PM.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are currently 48 of them allocated for the entire USA.  Those numbers will grow but not much right now due to shutdowns.

I actually like the grille.  I wish it had better approach and departure angles but it is what it is.
View Quote

Yeah, it sucks taking a $65k vehicle and cutting up the front bumper to install an aftermarket fix. Same with the side skirt to install sliders.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, it sucks taking a $65k vehicle and cutting up the front bumper to install an aftermarket fix. Same with the side skirt to install sliders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know some will do that but I won't.  I'm not an off roader.  I like the full-time 4WD, V8 w/ 6-speed, and 6500lb towing capacity which is why I wanted it over the 4Runner.  I care more about winter and towing performance.

It also has drivers side memory seat, triple zone climate control.  The only way to get memory seat in the 4Runner is the Limited but then I'm stuck with X-REAS and leather which I don't want.  Only the Limited and Pro have dual zone climate control and there's no option for triple zone climate control in a 4Runner.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell yeah!

I love my GX470. Someone mentioned Dobinson. Mine is on the lighter side of a "heavy" rig, with Dobinson MRAs and their heavy springs. It's almost too stiff when unloaded - the front is comfortable but rear has a little "hop" to it. If it was any stiffer, I'd probably get a softer rear spring with helper bags. But, once I throw some camping gear and tools in the back then the ride is awesome, so I'm pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a fan of that huge grill, but I like the color. Hope it serves you well OP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not a fan of that huge grill, but I like the color. Hope it serves you well OP.
View Quote

Thanks!  I'd rather have the Prado grille, however, I don't hate the Lexus version.  Smaller would have been preferable though.

I'm just waiting for this to fall through as well but I hope it doesn't since I actually have money down, a receipt, and emails confirming it's mine.

Selling the 4Runner has turned out to have been a mistake as finding a replacement vehicle has been a PITA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks to @Amped I was able to find the GX that the dealer said they could get for me but then stopped responding at the actual dealer who ordered it.

They said they weren't sending it to the dealer I had been working with and while someone had wanted to know when it came in so they could look at it they didn't place a deposit.

Given that I put a deposit down, they charged my card, and I got a receipt so it's mine when it shows up.

I'm having it shipped as it's too far away for me to want to drive.

Now I'm happy again.
View Quote

Happy to hear sir!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate the color but on the GX with the right setup it will look absolutely awesome. On an RX, NX, UX they look like straight ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree with the approach and depart angles. I took mine on a pretty rutted-out fire road a few weeks ago. Had to be really careful about not planting the nose into the dirt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agree with the approach and depart angles. I took mine on a pretty rutted-out fire road a few weeks ago. Had to be really careful about not planting the nose into the dirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 4Runner is a better choice if you plan on off-roading a lot.

I am on pavement or gravel 99% of the time so the GX will work great for me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know some will do that but I won't.  I'm not an off roader.
View Quote

But I was hoping to live vicariously through you installing the discreet steel bumper insert! Bummer.

There seems to be no such thing as a low key bumper for mine. It’s like they’re trying to compensate for the luxury stigma by being hardcore. Every 470 steel bumper is all about approach angle and climbing 3’ steps but all I see is every minor fender bender becoming a rollover. It would be nice to have a mid weight Ranch Hand or Road Armor style option. Something almost unnoticeable. No winch needed. I don’t go off road much. It would be comforting to protect the front end from minor collisions.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But I was hoping to live vicariously through you installing the discreet steel bumper insert! Bummer.

There seems to be no such thing as a low key bumper for mine. It’s like they’re trying to compensate for the luxury stigma by being hardcore. Every 470 steel bumper is all about approach angle and climbing 3’ steps but all I see is every minor fender bender becoming a rollover. It would be nice to have a mid weight Ranch Hand or Road Armor style option. Something almost unnoticeable. No winch needed. I don’t go off road much. It would be comforting to protect the front end from minor collisions.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36504/1A5E9E96-5F5F-414E-996B-70DD50637D91-2068389.jpg
View Quote

I like the discreet bumper and would love to install one, however, I'm just not willing to start cutting up a brand new $60K vehicle...yet

I want this one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome cars, love my 470.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's funny as the price stopped me cold in my tracks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only thing keeping me from an lx570 is that grille

That's funny as the price stopped me cold in my tracks

The “Gaping Maw”
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#18]
@HSimpson

What about this one?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
That’s a lot more appealing than anything I have seen so far. If it was painted to match it would be even better.

It’s still not quite right. I would prefer something that could be used to push past cars that run a stop sign into my path or maybe even block the road on purpose. Sorry, I’m a picky SOB. With all the curves it would be incredibly labor intensive to make a replacement look remotely OEM.  It would probably be much easier to diy an ugly but strong replacement bumper under the skin. Maybe a thick leaf spring that curves back from the frame horns like whiskers just under the plastic.

There really isn’t much to complain about with any GX. Fantastic cars.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Prado 150 front end conversion.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#21]

That looks great!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#22]
That front end looks ugly!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:50:10 AM EDT
[#23]

This comes to mind.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I think I have my wife talked into a gx460 when it’s time to replace the burb 2500 for daily driver status
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think I have my wife talked into a gx460 when it’s time to replace the burb 2500 for daily driver status
View Quote

Congrats!

It's going to be a looooooong 6-8 weeks before mine arrives
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#27]
OP - color is great, good luck.

Bumper - Ben at Dissent Offroad makes very nice stuff. You can also get it in AL (particularly for those with older LX470s that are concerned about weight and the AHC system).
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats OP! love that color and you will be thrilled with that vehicle.  I've always been a 4Runner fan and have a 2019 ORP currently.  GF has a 2014 GX 460 and we both love it too. Rides better and has more power than my 4Runner and is a very capable offroader too.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats on the new man-van.  I love the new color.  Time to get cutting now. These seem to be either a love it or hate it vehicle for a lot of people.  Coming from an FJ to this, it's been a huge improvement.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Congrats on the new man-van.  I love the new color.  Time to get cutting now. These seem to be either a love it or hate it vehicle for a lot of people.  Coming from an FJ to this, it's been a huge improvement.  

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/223689094_10159418739449494_2914147094420089127_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=cpqvHYcUa2YAX-XR3jk&tn=tEW4G-07dEkthc0q&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=b466a447bdd02331655e29763f5b7cff&oe=6133E938
View Quote

Thanks!

I'm going to leave it factory for now except for tires.

Figuring out what I want for tires is proving to me more difficult then selecting the vehicle in the first place LOL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Predator shape is more accurate, but whale shark better represents the scale.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Wow…man that’s spot on. I can’t I see it lol.

Glad I got a previous Gen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah the pre-2020 looked better but I wanted the new infotainment.  I also really like the green on it which I never thought I'd say.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Congrats OP! love that color and you will be thrilled with that vehicle.  I've always been a 4Runner fan and have a 2019 ORP currently.  GF has a 2014 GX 460 and we both love it too. Rides better and has more power than my 4Runner and is a very capable offroader too.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3408/VHwn6W.jpg
View Quote

Don't know why but it just hit me that with a little imagination, artwork and paint, you could turn each wheel into a boltface logo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Looks killer. I like the 120 tailgate. Would be even better with a second fuel tank.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Prado body kit On Sale too.

I'd get an extended range/larger fuel tank too. Toyota are some lying bastards when it comes to fuel economy, they put in tiny fuel tanks to boot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#37]
You people! Arfcom cost me again.

I wanted to hold out for the 2022s, but when we stopped by the dealership for a test drive and the dude let me run it through a field, I knew I had to have it. One sold while I was eating lunch and so I cleaned out my trade in and took the plunge.

Sport edition is meh, except I wanted the red taillights and bigger wheels.

Hold strong OP (I think better infotainment will be worth it).
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Prado body kit On Sale too.

I'd get an extended range/larger fuel tank too. Toyota are some lying bastards when it comes to fuel economy, they put in tiny fuel tanks to boot.
View Quote

That is awesome but I just can't bring myself to drop $5-8K (all in) just to make it look like a Prado.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You people! Arfcom cost me again.

I wanted to hold out for the 2022s, but when we stopped by the dealership for a test drive and the dude let me run it through a field, I knew I had to have it. One sold while I was eating lunch and so I cleaned out my trade in and took the plunge.

Sport edition is meh, except I wanted the red taillights and bigger wheels.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252855/IMG_20210828_180018-2074184.jpg

Hold strong OP (I think better infotainment will be worth it).
View Quote

You're welcome

That one looks really nice and congrats!  That's a Luxury from the looks of it right?  The old infotainment wasn't a deal breaker for me but I really wanted the green and less chrome

I would have liked to have added the ML sound system to the one I'm getting but it looks like they aren't allowing that on the Black Line Edition which is kind of a bummer.  I still be the stock sound system will be better than the stock system that was in my 4Runner though.

I'm staying strong but it's going to be a long 6-8 weeks until it gets here.  I'm beyond exited though!

If something happens to my Nori Green deal though I'm going to just go with an Atomic Silver or Nebula Gray Premium with the Plus package I think.  Hopefully the Nori Green arrives though as planned.

Enjoy your new ride!
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're welcome

That one looks really nice and congrats!  That's a Luxury from the looks of it right?  The old infotainment wasn't a deal breaker for me but I really wanted the green and less chrome

I would have liked to have added the ML sound system to the one I'm getting but it looks like they aren't allowing that on the Black Line Edition which is kind of a bummer.  I still be the stock sound system will be better than the stock system that was in my 4Runner though.

I'm staying strong but it's going to be a long 6-8 weeks until it gets here.  I'm beyond exited though!

If something happens to my Nori Green deal though I'm going to just go with an Atomic Silver or Nebula Gray Premium with the Plus package I think.  Hopefully the Nori Green arrives though as planned.

Enjoy your new ride!
View Quote
The jbl system in my 5th gen limited 4Runner blew away even the ML system IMO. Paint was also far superior on the 4Runner. It was the upgraded blizzard pearl though. Other than that everything is better on the GX
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're welcome

Enjoy your new ride!
View Quote

Just the sport package on a premium. The base models are tough to find.

Chrome is everywhere on this thing. I'm gonna try my hand at vinyl on it.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just the sport package on a premium. The base models are tough to find.

Chrome is everywhere on this thing. I'm gonna try my hand at vinyl on it.

View Quote

That works.  Premium is the sweet spot on the GX I think.

Yeah the Black Line Edition coming out is what pushed me to find a GX.  I'm just not a huge chrome fan.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Congratulations, I guess. I never wanted a luxury truck except maybe as a rental.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Congratulations, I guess. I never wanted a luxury truck except maybe as a rental.
View Quote

I didn't start out that way but realized I'd rather have things like triple zone climate control and memory seats than the better approach and departure angle of the 4Runner as I don't rock crawl or even go off-road much.

The fact that the GX has the V8 and 6-speed makes it better for towing which I do more than go off-road.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah the Black Line Edition coming out is what pushed me to find a GX.  I'm just not a huge chrome fan.
View Quote

Wife is holding out for a Nouri Green Blackline GX. I’ll stick with my Land Cruiser.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wife is holding out for a Nouri Green Blackline GX. I’ll stick with my Land Cruiser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nori Green looks awesome on the LX 570 so I can't wait to get my GX 460.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I bought a new one for $52k in 2015, just traded it in with 120k for $26k
Great car, stupid reliable, and super comfortable, seats like a lazyboy.
View Quote

@Bryan_Aim

Did you bother getting the Lexus extended warranty?  The 8yr/75K mile warranty on the RAV4 and 4Runner at $800 was worth it to me but the same on the GX is $1800 so I'm leaning towards not getting it since it already has a 4yr/50K bumper to bumper and 5yr/70K powertrain warranty.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i didn't, the only work i ever had done was tires and replace the door locks in the rear (you can do that yourself for about $100)
View Quote

Good to hear!

I'm thinking I will pass on it given the cost then.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top