BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1444
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bankfraudguy:

Point of sale companies  get a % of total sales.   POS companies learned that adding the tip screen by default ups total sales.  POS companies like increased profits.     Thats it.   Thats why.   The end.    

Back to the memes pls.  Some of us are trying to avoid work.
View Quote

POS: I read that as Piece O Shite
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
DANK MEMES has more chatter than Memes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
You guys are missing the point.  That's a tip screen on a self-serve gas pump.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:
Okay, that's just stupid.

At some point with this nonsense, I gotta start wondering if there are other motives behind this shit than seem apparent. It's like somebody is actively trying to dissuade people from tipping service workers who've traditionally made their livings on tips by making the very idea of tipping so toxic that normies opt out entirely.

At some point, if the trend continues, employers will no longer be able to find people to do those jobs, and they'll be forced to use alternatives. Get ready to say hello to your new AI drone overlords.

There's no grand conspiracy here.  It's a simple guilt trip into getting you to voluntarily pay more.  I, for one, welcome the day you describe where tipping is gone forever.  Just charge me whatever the fuck it takes to pay your employees.

The European model, where the tip is built into the price, and the prices 12% higher as a result.

Your contention doesn't make sense otherwise. The people who would actually get the tip aren't the ones who have any power to implement the programs. Always assuming the corps aren't just stealing the tips, which would be actionable.

Also, I suspect you'll bitch even harder when tipping is gone completely and you realize you've killed the donkey thinking it was a dragon.
You guys are missing the point.  That's a tip screen on a self-serve gas pump.  
I didn't miss the point. That IS my point. Does anybody here really believe that the gas station employees in any way had anything to do with that tip screen suddenly appearing?

This shit is textbook psyop stuff. Shape public opinion stuff, and it's everywhere all of a sudden (within the last two years or so) I never saw any of it prior to the first time I saw it show up in Dominoes in late 2020 or early 2021. Within a couple of months it was everywhere. During that same time, the whole 'something needs to be done about tipping culture' slogan started running rampant on social media.

Not everything is a conspiracy. By the same token, not everything isn't.

Something is coming that's going to shake up the service industry, and they want you to be angry at those people, and not have any sympathy for them.

To reiterate my first post, a tip screen on a gas pump is absolute bullshit and should not result in a tip. Tip screens on the majority of fast food self serve screens are absolute bullshit, and should not result in tips.

But, and it's a Midcap sized but. They should not be ignored.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB90aEAEI4vq?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB92aIAEgGZ2?format=jpg&name=360x360https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB90aUAAAR7q?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.  Good job figuring out what I was explicitly stating like it was some kind of secret deception.  No, I won't complain about being charged one single price and tipping isn't "required".
View All Quotes

The European model, where the tip is built into the price, and the prices 12% higher as a result.

Your contention doesn't make sense otherwise. The people who would actually get the tip aren't the ones who have any power to implement the programs. Always assuming the corps aren't just stealing the tips, which would be actionable.

Also, I suspect you'll bitch even harder when tipping is gone completely and you realize you've killed the donkey thinking it was a dragon.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.  Good job figuring out what I was explicitly stating like it was some kind of secret deception.  No, I won't complain about being charged one single price and tipping isn't "required".
You never mentioned Europe, but have fun patting yourself on the back.

I also doubt you'll be happy with the results. Complaining about shitty and rude service in Europe is endemic, because, of course, there is no incentive to trouble the emploees doing otherwise. Given your current attitude, I expect you'll get even shittier service than the norm.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Fly:

The first Swedes probably were quite dark skinned.  Humanity emigrated out of Africa and people who evolved in the tropics tend to be darker skinned.  Probably take 100's of generations for northern climate people to evolve lighter colored skin for greater Vitamin D production in low light conditions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB90aEAEI4vq?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB92aIAEgGZ2?format=jpg&name=360x360https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-VrB90aUAAAR7q?format=jpg&name=360x360

The first Swedes probably were quite dark skinned.  Humanity emigrated out of Africa and people who evolved in the tropics tend to be darker skinned.  Probably take 100's of generations for northern climate people to evolve lighter colored skin for greater Vitamin D production in low light conditions.

Press X to doubt.

They were probably darker than today, but not that dark. The people who would one day be Swedes didn't hop on a train in Morocco and ride up to Scandinavia over a weekend. It took a long, long time for the migrations to get that far. And they were probably not all that dark to begin with, as the likely starting point was the northern Med, not sub-saharan Africa.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mr_michael:
https://i.ibb.co/LzPMyS2/putin-barry-on-ice.jpg
View Quote

LOL, this thread has gone full circle, Obama/Putin memes are back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FJB247:

I did a DNA test because there's some possible illness in my blood line and I came back with 0% Sub Saharan DNA and 2% Neanderthal.   I would assume thst if all life came out of Sub-Saharan Africa I would have some trace of that DNA instead of the now extinct Neandethal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FJB247:
Originally Posted By Pesty:

Many many scientists diss agree  with that theory

Dna of sub Saharan Africans is very different plus they don't have Neanderthal dna and 20% is is extinct hominid white peoples don't have

I did a DNA test because there's some possible illness in my blood line and I came back with 0% Sub Saharan DNA and 2% Neanderthal.   I would assume thst if all life came out of Sub-Saharan Africa I would have some trace of that DNA instead of the now extinct Neandethal.
Plot twist -- It turns out the neanderthals were the smart ones. Not my opinion, but scientific fact.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#25]
https://i.ibb.co/8cmgRHR/thank-god-shes-ok.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Dank memes rule!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Meme thread!
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't think that's really the case. At least, I no longer think that's the case. Those tip screens started showing up unilaterally all over the place over a very short period of time. Not one worker I've spoken to has ever been asked whether they should be there. Oh, they'll take the money, but none of them really expect it. The sudden appearance of these things was the result of corporate decisions.

This shit is coming from higher up the food chain, and I'm starting to smell rat. They're trying to move things somehow. And one thing you can be sure of, whenever the higher ups get together over something like this, it ain't gonna end up in our favor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bloviator:
Okay, that's just stupid.

At some point with this nonsense, I gotta start wondering if there are other motives behind this shit than seem apparent. It's like somebody is actively trying to dissuade people from tipping service workers who've traditionally made their livings on tips by making the very idea of tipping so toxic that normies opt out entirely.

At some point, if the trend continues, employers will no longer be able to find people to do those jobs, and they'll be forced to use alternatives. Get ready to say hello to your new AI drone overlords.

It's ridiculous.  You're basically tipping them money to be nice to you as they hand you your food across the counter.  Just hand me the sandwich please.
I don't think that's really the case. At least, I no longer think that's the case. Those tip screens started showing up unilaterally all over the place over a very short period of time. Not one worker I've spoken to has ever been asked whether they should be there. Oh, they'll take the money, but none of them really expect it. The sudden appearance of these things was the result of corporate decisions.

This shit is coming from higher up the food chain, and I'm starting to smell rat. They're trying to move things somehow. And one thing you can be sure of, whenever the higher ups get together over something like this, it ain't gonna end up in our favor.

Possible theory. There's POS software that has a tipping feature. It's easier to turn off than it is to activate and configure. To save CS expenses, the software company has default tip settings enabled. Lazy business owners (or management) leave it enabled because it's not worth their time to figure out how to turn it off.

Take it easy on the tin foil.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I didn't miss the point. That IS my point. Does anybody here really believe that the gas station employees in any way had anything to do with that tip screen suddenly appearing?

This shit is textbook psyop stuff. Shape public opinion stuff, and it's everywhere all of a sudden (within the last two years or so) I never saw any of it prior to the first time I saw it show up in Dominoes in late 2020 or early 2021. Within a couple of months it was everywhere. During that same time, the whole 'something needs to be done about tipping culture' slogan started running rampant on social media.

Not everything is a conspiracy. By the same token, not everything isn't.

Something is coming that's going to shake up the service industry, and they want you to be angry at those people, and not have any sympathy for them.

To reiterate my first post, a tip screen on a gas pump is absolute bullshit and should not result in a tip. Tip screens on the majority of fast food self serve screens are absolute bullshit, and should not result in tips.

But, and it's a Midcap sized but. They should not be ignored.
View Quote

What you describe is the kind of Bernaysian propaganda that is well documented to have happened. Many times the people who orchestrated it bragged about it on camera years later.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#39]

The OG...

And sized for use as arfcom avatar...if anyone wants it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pesty] [#41]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:30:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: centrarchidae] [#42]

Damn, they really did harsh Jerry's mellow.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Dna of sub Saharan Africans is very different plus they don’t have Neanderthal dna and 20% is is extinct hominid white peoples don’t have
View All Quotes

Dna of sub Saharan Africans is very different plus they don’t have Neanderthal dna and 20% is is extinct hominid white peoples don’t have

@pesty

DNA of sub Saharan Africans is very different from everybody else, including each other…..
A Viking is more closely related to an aborigine than the “average” sub Saharan African.
That is just a statistical consequence of th absolutely incredible genetic diversity of sub sahara Africa. It really is astounding.
2 probable reasons for that. One, humans evolved there, and instead of a family tree, it was more of a family swamp, with groups constantly leaving for a couple thousand years, and then coming back.
The second is that life in Africa is fucking hard. Really really hard, leave Africa, and you encounter Carnivores that have never dealt with tool and language users. So they could be dealt with. Not so in Africa, lions and hyenas never all of a sudden clashed with hominids with advanced stone tools and advanced language.
For that reason, among many, humans were not at the top of the food chain in Africa until gunpowder and medicine were invented.
We literally had to leave our birthplace, catch our breath, learn some shit where we constantly weren’t getting eaten, to get to the top of the food chain in Africa.

That is very important because Africans couldn’t develop the techno by to consistently wipe their enemies off the map. Wars weee much more inconclusive. So many European and Asian bloodlines were exterminated, leaving much less genetic diversity.

You have to remember, ancient China had a 3 way civil war that killed about half the human population on the entire planet.

Most of Europe and Asia population looks a lot like SE USA deer DNA, mostly recent transplants(northern whitetail) with a little bit of southern white that survived the Great Depression, or in humans case, the ice ages.

Probably explains the inbreeding with 2 other human subspecies outside of Africa. Nobody else survived to fuck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Attachment Attached File

Trump PROVEN RIGHT AGAIN After GOP Gets BLOWN OUT In Elections By Garden Tool Voters!
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:17:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#48]

Edit: Better part of valor, etc....
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#49]
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:

@pesty

DNA of sub Saharan Africans is very different from everybody else, including each other…..
A Viking is more closely related to an aborigine than the “average” sub Saharan African.
That is just a statistical consequence of th absolutely incredible genetic diversity of sub sahara Africa. It really is astounding.
2 probable reasons for that. One, humans evolved there, and instead of a family tree, it was more of a family swamp, with groups constantly leaving for a couple thousand years, and then coming back.
The second is that life in Africa is fucking hard. Really really hard, leave Africa, and you encounter Carnivores that have never dealt with tool and language users. So they could be dealt with. Not so in Africa, lions and hyenas never all of a sudden clashed with hominids with advanced stone tools and advanced language.
For that reason, among many, humans were not at the top of the food chain in Africa until gunpowder and medicine were invented.
We literally had to leave our birthplace, catch our breath, learn some shit where we constantly weren’t getting eaten, to get to the top of the food chain in Africa.

That is very important because Africans couldn’t develop the techno by to consistently wipe their enemies off the map. Wars weee much more inconclusive. So many European and Asian bloodlines were exterminated, leaving much less genetic diversity.

You have to remember, ancient China had a 3 way civil war that killed about half the human population on the entire planet.
O
Most of Europe and Asia population looks a lot like SE USA deer DNA, mostly recent transplants(northern whitetail) with a little bit of southern white that survived the Great Depression, or in humans case, the ice ages.

Probably explains the inbreeding with 2 other human subspecies outside of Africa. Nobody else survived to fuck.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:

@pesty

O

The Chinese are good at that.  Heck, while America was having its little dustup over slavery, the Taipeng Rebellion killed around 10% of the world's human population.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:28:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ItWasntMe] [#50]
i got nothin
Page / 1444
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top