Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 6:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

My 4 stage hvlp turbine kicks ass base clear and epoxy
View Quote
I am sure that is great in tight spaces. How many battery packs are on that?  

My supplied air respirator uses the same pump that is on the Sprayfine HVLP. (I know it does not run on batteries and is not portable)
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

My supplied air respirator uses the same pump that is on the Sprayfine HVLP. (I know it does not run on batteries and is not portable)
View Quote

You ever spray chameleon colors? That color shift thing?
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:25:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

You ever spray chameleon colors? That color shift thing?
View Quote
Sort of by accident. That purple has a duller in it and it shifts a bit depending on angle and light.  It is one of the PPG single stage product lines, not water base.

I like flat surfaces that I never have to wax.  I hate showing at an event and having to do an hour of detailing.  Armorall the wheels and crack a beer.

Every one of these were built using pneumatic tools.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#4]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

View Quote

Yes, the huge reduction in overspray and no noisy ass compressor, with water/oil issues  is amazing.
110 wall outlet.

I'd probably go with a stage 5 if I had to do it over again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Yes, the huge reduction in overspray and no noisy ass compressor, with water/oil issues  is amazing.
110 wall outlet.

I'd probably go with a stage 5 if I had to do it over again.
View Quote

Brands ? Models?
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:36:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#6]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Brands ? Models?
View Quote

I use this https://www.paintsprayersplus.com/Fuji-Spray-Mini-Mite-4-Platinum-T75G-HVLP-Spray-Sy-p/fj2804-t75g.htm

Their guns are top notch!

To be fair, I use a non turbine hvlp gun I have adapted to turbine fitting for a primer gun. I reserve my nice gun for base clear. But may purchase another for just clear, and leave one for base.

I'd go with this if I had to do it again, https://www.paintsprayersplus.com/Fuji-Spray-GXPC-Q5-Platinum-HVLP-Turbine-Sprayer-p/fjgxpc-2895.htm

Or the equivalent from Apollo or Eastwood (rebadged Apollo)

With a turbine sprayer you will have to be cognizant of watching heat, they get hot as hell. Which impacts spraying. So using the slowest activators/polar helps.

They are far and above superior to air compressor sprayers though in my personal opinion for a hobbyist. Plus they are portable and you can do stuff like cabinets etc.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top