BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks god for giving my wife and myself self discipline and the ability to not stuff tons of food in my face every.

Not every case, but many cases of obesity are just lazy fucks.

Good news is they can grab a clot shot booster while getting their fat shot.

Oddly men and women managed to avoid obesity for hundreds of years, wonder what their secret was hmmm.
View Quote

Having to chase down and beat your food to death with a stick and long winters with little food.
Plus, cannibalizing your dead is basically Keto.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There may be issues associated with it - thyroid cancer being a concern - but it's not like being overweight 40-50 lbs is just hunky dory for your health either.  Overweight people are at significantly higher risk for dying from cancer and heart disease.  Sometimes you just have to chose your poison.
View Quote

Or don’t overeat, perhaps maybe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

She has two big things working against her, one her doing and one she can't help. She works nights, by choice (ironically, ER physician, and the first complaint here in this thread was by an ER doc), which really messes with her body. It's to the point where if she has a week off, she'll start losing weight, a few pounds, but it's back on right after she goes back. I tell her it's bad for her, she knows it, but it's the only way she can get the consistency she wants in her working schedule.
View Quote

I’m a medic. It is insane how much stress messes with you.
When we go out on injury, we all lose weight.  
“Hey. You hear about bob?  He was bedridden for 2 months. Lost 30lbs”

The stress has some effect on fat storage, not exactly sure the mechanism, but it is truly there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'll give you a story of this woman I know personally. She is a fitness instructor, counts every fucking calorie, exercises everyday, weights and HITT...in the course of 2 years...two fucking years...it took her that long to lose 40 lbs.

She was peaked at 240, got down to 200 in 2 years....fucking plateaued for a year. I mean everyday she weighs herself and measures herself and videos herself working out etc.

Once she got on the shot....lost another 40 like that...boom...now at a good healthy weight.

Women's metabolisms are completely fucked compared to mens....see a fat dude...it's because they eat too much and move too little...that's plain and simple..women especially with child berth...are all fucked up with their weight.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems promising. If it works out the way it's labelled, it will be the killer app of modern pharmaceuticals.

...of course, there's the little problem we've had in the past with pharma companies putting shit on the market that has done horrible damage to people and lying about everything in the process.

So you takes your chances, I guess.

It seems more people are willing to try a new pill versus changing their bad habits that made them fat to start with, damn the consequences.

I'll give you a story of this woman I know personally. She is a fitness instructor, counts every fucking calorie, exercises everyday, weights and HITT...in the course of 2 years...two fucking years...it took her that long to lose 40 lbs.

She was peaked at 240, got down to 200 in 2 years....fucking plateaued for a year. I mean everyday she weighs herself and measures herself and videos herself working out etc.

Once she got on the shot....lost another 40 like that...boom...now at a good healthy weight.

Women's metabolisms are completely fucked compared to mens....see a fat dude...it's because they eat too much and move too little...that's plain and simple..women especially with child berth...are all fucked up with their weight.

LOL

Stop listening to women's excuses for why they're fat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Now that I think about it, she's maybe 110 now, cuz she's like only 5'2"

I got my shit all fucked up...I was just so upset when i saw the pics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So she's at 160.....is she 6' tall?

Grief will do that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Haha, nope, it sits more in her belly than butt and boobs . Pregnancy has given me a bit more boobage to play with, but they're to sensitive for her really to let me have any fun.

I'll miss them when they're gone, but she doesn't really hold weight in the "cute chunky girl" way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife says she's probably going to look into some of these meds once she's finished breastfeeding our 3 month old daughter. She's put on weight and is very unhappy with her body. Probably around 200 now, she looks good under 160 (she's somewhat tall, hippy, shoulders. Not a petite frame). I think she got below 130 at one point, but I've seen those pictures and frankly she looks a touch sickly.

She has two big things working against her, one her doing and one she can't help. She works nights, by choice (ironically, ER physician, and the first complaint here in this thread was by an ER doc), which really messes with her body. It's to the point where if she has a week off, she'll start losing weight, a few pounds, but it's back on right after she goes back. I tell her it's bad for her, she knows it, but it's the only way she can get the consistency she wants in her working schedule.

The other is something like poly cystic ovaries I think. Basically, her body produces the "hey, you're pregnant, you need to put on weight" hormones all the time, which makes it very difficult to take off and keep off weight. I'm guessing these drugs may counteract that, though she may need to keep with them or something similar until menopause if that's the case

She was able to be thin when she was younger thru strict willpower, but was literally just eating baked chicken breast and frozen vegetables in med school/residency. She wants to be able to enjoy things some now; we eat basically the same diet, pretty healthy and I'm fit (I could probably stand to lose 10-20 lb, but I like beer). To get to her healthy weight, she basically had to be anorexic, and that's not healthy either.

Now, didn't someone mention one of these drugs also increases libedo? Which ones is that? I'll pay whatever it takes for the slim horny wife please.

go on.....

Haha, nope, it sits more in her belly than butt and boobs . Pregnancy has given me a bit more boobage to play with, but they're to sensitive for her really to let me have any fun.

I'll miss them when they're gone, but she doesn't really hold weight in the "cute chunky girl" way.

damn man...sorry to hear that.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems promising. If it works out the way it's labelled, it will be the killer app of modern pharmaceuticals.

...of course, there's the little problem we've had in the past with pharma companies putting shit on the market that has done horrible damage to people and lying about everything in the process.

So you takes your chances, I guess.

It seems more people are willing to try a new pill versus changing their bad habits that made them fat to start with, damn the consequences.

LOL

YOU KNOW NOthiNG
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Grief will do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grief will do that.

i KNOW...RIP Big Booty...I used to call her big booty cuz she had a big booty
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife says she's probably going to look into some of these meds once she's finished breastfeeding our 3 month old daughter. She's put on weight and is very unhappy with her body. Probably around 200 now, she looks good under 160 (she's somewhat tall, hippy, shoulders. Not a petite frame). I think she got below 130 at one point, but I've seen those pictures and frankly she looks a touch sickly.

The other is something like poly cystic ovaries I think. Basically, her body produces the "hey, you're pregnant, you need to put on weight" hormones all the time, which makes it very difficult to take off and keep off weight. I'm guessing these drugs may counteract that, though she may need to keep with them or something similar until menopause if that's the case

She was able to be thin when she was younger thru strict willpower, but was literally just eating baked chicken breast and frozen vegetables in med school/residency. She wants to be able to enjoy things some now; we eat basically the same diet, pretty healthy and I'm fit (I could probably stand to lose 10-20 lb, but I like beer). To get to her healthy weight, she basically had to be anorexic, and that's not healthy either.

Now, didn't someone mention one of these drugs also increases libedo? Which ones is that? I'll pay whatever it takes for the slim horny wife please.
View Quote

Night shifts mess with your body big time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m a medic. It is insane how much stress messes with you.
When we go out on injury, we all lose weight.  
“Hey. You hear about bob?  He was bedridden for 2 months. Lost 30lbs”

The stress has some effect on fat storage, not exactly sure the mechanism, but it is truly there.
View Quote

Stress raises cortisol. Cortisol contributes to weight gain.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

@DeltaV42

I have PCOS like your wife although my symptoms are now largely invisible with the exception of the insulin resistance. I got to a point where weight was just no longer coming off and I was constantly starving. Being in a long term calorie cut for years (and yes I have everything logged in MyFitnessPal for over 1600 days) I was becoming increasingly frustrated. My doc took a look at my food log and everything else (I am 45 now so getting closer to pre m enopause) and she suggested trying a GLP1.

Mounjaro has been amazing. We have stayed on a lower dose but I will be going up to the 10mg. I eat less - I wasn’t eating huge before I was doing predominantly OMAD, intermittent fasting with real food. I have lost over 30lbs. And I am no longer obsessive about constantly thinking of food. I feel satiated. My A1Cs were normal but close to the higher end of normal but not pre diabetic. My A1cs are awesome now to the lower end. All of my other blood levels that could point around inflammation are solid lower normal.

insulin resistance is largely resolved. There hasn’t been in the literature any human that has developed an already super rare familial cancer directly attributed to the GLP. But let’s be real being overweight and obese has clearly direct links to other cancers and cardiac issues. So I will take my chances to eliminate the more concerning directly linked issues than the potential probability of a super super rare thyroid cancer that is predominantly genetic.

Biggest concern would be gall bladder issues or pancreatitis. I drink at min a gallon of water a day - I’m not overly concerned about the other two things.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@DeltaV42

I have PCOS like your wife although my symptoms are now largely invisible with the exception of the insulin resistance. I got to a point where weight was just no longer coming off and I was constantly starving. Being in a long term calorie cut for years (and yes I have everything logged in MyFitnessPal for over 1600 days) I was becoming increasingly frustrated. My doc took a look at my food log and everything else (I am 45 now so getting closer to pre m enopause) and she suggested trying a GLP1.

Mounjaro has been amazing. We have stayed on a lower dose but I will be going up to the 10mg. I eat less - I wasn’t eating huge before I was doing predominantly OMAD, intermittent fasting with real food. I have lost over 30lbs. And I am no longer obsessive about constantly thinking of food. I feel satiated. My A1Cs were normal but close to the higher end of normal but not pre diabetic. My A1cs are awesome now to the lower end. All of my other blood levels that could point around inflammation are solid lower normal.

insulin resistance is largely resolved. There hasn’t been in the literature any human that has developed an already super rare familial cancer directly attributed to the GLP. But let’s be real being overweight and obese has clearly direct links to other cancers and cardiac issues. So I will take my chances to eliminate the more concerning directly linked issues than the potential probability of a super super rare thyroid cancer that is predominantly genetic.

Biggest concern would be gall bladder issues or pancreatitis. I drink at min a gallon of water a day - I’m not overly concerned about the other two things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@DeltaV42

@Lovetheduns

Thanks for the insight. My wife is probably similar to your case, though she hasn't seen a primary in a few years. She does drink a good amount of water now to keep up with breastfeeding. Hopefully it continues to work out for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Lovetheduns

Thanks for the insight. My wife is probably similar to your case, though she hasn't seen a primary in a few years. She does drink a good amount of water now to keep up with breastfeeding. Hopefully it continues to work out for you.
View Quote

@DeltaV42

I find that the med made my thirst more - I have always been super thirsty *LOL* in a needing fluids way since I was a kid - the ones I have seen in my groups who struggle with a lot of side effects didn't drink water or enough fluids enough.

I think if your wife is very similar to me and knows how to eat and has lifestyle under control it will be a walk-in the park. My missing link was resolving the insulin resistance - I had tried metformin years and years ago but that would make me feel like utter garbage.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Skiing will keep the weight off.  Just got to hit the slopes every day....

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what I'm talking about, my perfect woman
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ozempic is $45 per month for the first 4 months, then goes to $205 for the next 8 months. It has an added side benefit of preventing non-fatal strokes and heart attacks. It is some good stuff.

https://i.postimg.cc/T1qFYQw1/Ozempic-Pen.jpg
View Quote

Where are you finding it at $45/ month without insurance and a discount card??

My wife needs the help, she was on monjaro,  the insurance company said nope, gotta fail more drugs. She's been through a bunch, currently on insulin.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am diabetic and have been taking mounjaro for about 6 months. A 3 month supply cost $3500 before insurance. Starting Jan 1st Aetna say they will no longer cover it. It works good and absolutely kills your apatite. Not in a bad way you just dont get hungry. I eat maybe 2 meals a day when working and generally one when not working. I know yall are going to say the one mill is 5 big macs or some crazy shit... its a normal meal veg a little starch and some meat. I have lost some weight but not dramatic maybe 20 lbs. I am also on a low 5mg dose also.
View Quote

Probably because of people like my friend's wife and her friends. They all go to the same doctor who says he's treating them for diabetes so they can get their insurance to cover it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably because of people like my friend's wife and her friends. They all go to the same doctor who says he's treating them for diabetes so they can get their insurance to cover it.
View Quote

I find the whole semantics thing fascinating. Many folks who are overweight and obese with the beginnings of a metabolic syndrome may end up becoming Type II... now if you are just trying to lose 20 lbs for a beach bod? I do find that skeptical but if the goal is to get people to have better health outcomes versus costly outcomes - why not use a tool with appropriate counseling and lifestyle to prevent going into Type II.

I am fortunate -  my employer gives me the delta of what my insurance costs them per month versus what they have budgeted for every employee.

Example if I cost them 600.00 a month but they budget 1800 a month per employee (aka because some put their spouses, kids, etc  on the insurance) I get 1200 each month for reimbursements - they viewed that as fair for all. So even if I lose the coupon for mounjaro and since my insurance does not cover it - I will still submit the costs for reimbursement.

Ironically because my employer will cover anything that is health related including the gym people have really made very conscious efforts in deciding how much insurance to get, what procedures, etc.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Semaglutide injection may increase the risk that you will develop tumors of the thyroid gland, including medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC; a type of thyroid cancer). Laboratory animals who were given semaglutide developed tumors
View Quote

This is a feature for the pharma companies.

They surely have products for the cancers as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Haha, nope, it sits more in her belly than butt and boobs .
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Semaglutide injection may increase the risk that you will develop tumors of the thyroid gland, including medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC; a type of thyroid cancer). Laboratory animals who were given semaglutide developed tumors

Lab rats aren't always a great test indicator.

They live in a box and get fucked with their whole life.

Lots of stuff you probably ingest already bas similar effefts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not only that but the lab rats that are being used are from a fucked up genetic lineage.

Brett Weinstein makes a fantastic argument about this flaw in the lab rat line
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where do ya'll buy your GLP-1 (semaglutide)?
View Quote

Just happened to be working in mexico.  Cab get the ozempic shot or semaglutide pill form for like $185
OTC.  

Picked up a bottle of lidocaine for $3 too after seeing the dog
Surgery thread a few weeks ago that  & I have suture kits in my med kits.

Makea me wish we had this kind of personal freedom.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]
My doc prescribed the 2.5 mounjaro last month.  Took my 3rd dose yesterday and called them for a refill.  They were going to bump me to the 5.0 but the coupon has changed so instead of $25 out of pocket, it was going to be $27x.  

Looks like I won't be taking that anymore

Luckily I was smart and I would take my dose as soon as I got home from my last night shift so I would have a couple days off in case of any side effects. For me, the first 24 hours were fine but then the next morning I would wake up with the most disgusting burps and have several bouts of poo rocketing out of my starfish all day long.  

If that's how people are losing weight taking this, they can keep it

Ironically, I just started keto to lower my A1C when he suggested to try this.  I'll just go back to my original plan.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I wnt to my PCP this week..showed him my 8.1 A1c and he was like, its not diabetes! It's monjouno! time.

So he said since I am so fat and my a1c is so high, insurance co is gonna have to pay.

So I guess we will see...maybe I can lose sum weight and look sexy for summer time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#27]
There is no free lunch. Later in life (or sooner) you will pay for the shortcut.

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is no free lunch. Later in life (or sooner) you will pay for the shortcut.

View Quote

What do you feel will be the piper's payment with these types of medications?

For me, I am looking at my last years being a controlled crash. I am substituting what I'm doing now for dying having parts lopped off and loss of vision and dialysis. (I am mixed on the topic of being confined to a tactical jazzy though, have you seen some of the options you can get now??)
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

.............................................. this woman I know personally. She is a fitness instructor,

She was peaked at 240, got down to 200 in 2 years....fucking ...............................

View Quote
Any PICS of 240 pound fitness instructor ?
............Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
............Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.............................................. this woman I know personally. She is a fitness instructor,

She was peaked at 240, got down to 200 in 2 years....fucking ...............................

............Thanks.

No such thing as a female born, legit fitness instructor who is 240lbs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoting myself.  I spoke to a coworker who was on it as well and he'll be dropping it since it went from $25 to $27x.  

I guess the manufacturer figures they're going to get so many fatty fats that are willing to pay out of pocket that they don't have to discount it as heavily for the people who need it medically.

Quoted:
My doc prescribed the 2.5 mounjaro last month.  Took my 3rd dose yesterday and called them for a refill.  They were going to bump me to the 5.0 but the coupon has changed so instead of $25 out of pocket, it was going to be $27x.  

Looks like I won't be taking that anymore

Luckily I was smart and I would take my dose as soon as I got home from my last night shift so I would have a couple days off in case of any side effects. For me, the first 24 hours were fine but then the next morning I would wake up with the most disgusting burps and have several bouts of poo rocketing out of my starfish all day long.  

If that's how people are losing weight taking this, they can keep it

Ironically, I just started keto to lower my A1C when he suggested to try this.  I'll just go back to my original plan.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I work with a woman who was a Type II. She started Ozempic and lost 54 pounds. Her A1C is 5.4. They took her off the DM meds. She’s also going to her cardiologist for a consult to get off her HTN meds because she’s become hypotensive.

Time will tell if she keeps the weight off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Walking and jogging are free, just sayin.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A 200 lb woman is lying or ignorant about something if she cant lose weight. Either calculating tdee wrong or not counting calories right.

Not that the drug wont help them but that is not a result of a fucked metabolism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 200 lb woman is lying or ignorant about something if she cant lose weight. Either calculating tdee wrong or not counting calories right.

Not that the drug wont help them but that is not a result of a fucked metabolism.
This

Energy in < Energy out = weight loss

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

not only that but the lab rats that are being used are from a fucked up genetic lineage.

Brett Weinstein makes a fantastic argument about this flaw in the lab rat line
View Quote

That's been known for a looonnggggg time.  My high school biology teacher brought it up every time we discussed rat experiments.  This was in the mid 80's.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top