BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Empire: pro gun, allow most people to just go about their lives and business in freedom, mostly hands off

Rebels: Space Isis kid-stealing religious zealot Karens who can't help but stick their nose into everyone else's business to make sure they're doing things "right" (i.e. "our way").
View Quote

it's true
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Palpatine fought against terrorists and insurrectionists.  He brought all cultures together under one system with one language and one economy.  He was a great Uniter and someone who spoke for everybody.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Except none of that is true... Empire was anti gun, save for their people, took from people what they wanted, stole from businesses and even took them over and was tyrannical in every sense of the word. Extended scenes from Episode 4 even go into detail of how the Empire takes over and pushes out people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Empire: pro gun, allow most people to just go about their lives and business in freedom, mostly hands off

Rebels: Space Isis kid-stealing religious zealot Karens who can't help but stick their nose into everyone else's business to make sure they're doing things "right" (i.e. "our way").

Except none of that is true... Empire was anti gun, save for their people, took from people what they wanted, stole from businesses and even took them over and was tyrannical in every sense of the word. Extended scenes from Episode 4 even go into detail of how the Empire takes over and pushes out people.

So not canon?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, the Yuuzhan Vong came for real and killed trillions of beings and destroyed thousands of worlds, so…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What really makes the argument for me is that the Empire has advance knowledge of the coming Yuuzhan Vong threat, and those insane superweapons they were building were to defeat a literal galaxy ending threat.

Because the Emperor would never create a threat in order to gain more power so he could "protect" everyone from it.

Well, the Yuuzhan Vong came for real and killed trillions of beings and destroyed thousands of worlds, so…

Was that in a movie?  I haven’t seen the last couple.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#6]
The Jedi have proven themselves to be utterly incompetent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's from those Star Wars books made after the movie came out in the 80s. When Disney bought the rights to the franchise from George Lucas they decided it wasn't part of the Star Wars lore anymore.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Essentially George Lucas did some pretty solid world building and tackled some tough but good themes. In the end the empire was not as evil as originally thought. And the new republic wasn’t as good as hyped. It was just governments and people making decisions that sometimes didn’t work out. But the characters and storylines were good and believable.

However when the mouse bought the star wars franchise. They turned it into steaming woke shit lead by an axe faced Mary Sue with a heavy handed white people bad/orange man bad overtones. And in simplistic stupid story lines with badly written characters that actually went a level lower than jar jar binks. With the mouse figuring if they threw enough CGI in it people would ignore the steaming piles of shut the main characters were.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The Thrawn books really sold me on the Empire; much different than the movie's portrayal.

If a new world rich in materials suddenly popped up close to earth, the USA and its allies would go Empire to take it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The chart says “Game is not available in country” at the bottom. If the poll is based on a game where you can choose sides which side to be then I’m surprised the empire doesn’t have even more that choose it.  Who wouldn’t choose Dearth Vader, Darth Maul, or one of the other cooler characters if you had the option.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Big yuuup. We had a huge imperial base on Tattooine and a rebel base nearby that we farmed. They farmed ours and it was good. A bunch of twits came by and destroyed our base not caring why it was there. Every griefer was a rebel 100%

Lowca server, BBFE clan
View Quote
I was on that server too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would enlist in the Imperial Army if I could be a biker scout.
View Quote

Road captain of the hover chairs?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
However when the mouse bought the star wars franchise. They turned it into steaming woke shit lead by an axe faced Mary Sue with a heavy handed white people bad/orange man bad overtones. And in simplistic stupid story lines with badly written characters that actually went a level lower than jar jar binks. With the mouse figuring if they threw enough CGI in it people would ignore the steaming piles of shut the main characters were.

View Quote

Making shitty movies, pushing woke bullshit, supporting blm while simultaneously minimizing or completely removing the lone black dude from the movie posters in china.(is asshoe)

kathleen kennedy should be tarred and feathered with the rest of pedowood.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Because the Empire were the good guys!

Alderaan was a floating Fallujah, and Vader was right to blow it up. And fuck those furry isis bastards!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/the-case-for-the-empire
View Quote

Fallujah was populated with unarmed pacifists?

Whoa….
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd want to be an armorer for the empire - first thing I'd do is redesign the helmets and integrate electronic tracking into the heads up display so they might actually hit something with their shots. They can't shoot for crap.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Empire didn’t enforce laws as much in the outer rim.  That’s manpower shortage, not beneficence.  I suspect the core worlds were somewhat different…

The old republic was corrupt as fuck, hence the empire.  The empire was tyrannical as fuck, hence the rebellion.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Whoa….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alderaan was a floating Fallujah, and Vader was right to blow it up. And fuck those furry isis bastards!

Whoa….

Unarmed pacifists that were the main supplier of weapons to the Rebel terrorists and whose crown princess used her diplomatic immunity to carry out Rebel missions?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unarmed pacifists that were the main supplier of weapons to the Rebel terrorists and whose crown princess used her diplomatic immunity to carry out Rebel missions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa….

Thank you. The Monkey gets it!
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Just like in the real world, there are no "good guys". Both sides suck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Empire 110%.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

While you have a point on that cult, the rest just wanted freedom to do as they pleased. The republic was doing just fine.

Empire/Darkside i.e...the good guys, lol.

Death Star

Executrix

Executor

Malevolence

B28 Extinction Class Bomber

Finalizer

Tie Reaper

The Silencer

Rebel/Resistance

Home One

Negotiator

Raddus

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's from those Star Wars books made after the movie came out in the 80s. When Disney bought the rights to the franchise from George Lucas they decided it wasn't part of the Star Wars lore anymore.
View Quote

The four things The Mouse has done right when it comes to Star Wars:

“Rebels”, “The Bad Batch”, Rogue One, and delete fucking everything when it comes to the EU/Legends.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

About the only thing Disney dropped i agree with.  The Vong were just gross and alien to Star Wars in tone and feel.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

While you have a point on that cult, the rest just wanted freedom to do as they pleased. The republic was doing just fine.

Empire/Darkside i.e...the good guys, lol.

Death Star

Executrix

Executor

Malevolence

B28 Extinction Class Bomber

Finalizer

Tie Reaper

The Silencer

Rebel/Resistance

Home One

Negotiator

Raddus

View Quote

America:

Reaper

Predator

Vengeance

Invader

Marauder

Destroyer

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa….

So they didn’t have any weapons because they gave them all to the rebels?

Double whoa….
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

@DragoMuseveni
Not sure when you played but we were the city closest to the Jabba theme park, well closest with a star port. We were huge and crashed the server with a huge pvp battle in our city one night.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@DragoMuseveni
Not sure when you played but we were the city closest to the Jabba theme park, well closest with a star port. We were huge and crashed the server with a huge pvp battle in our city one night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@DragoMuseveni
I played on and off over the years.
I was there for such fun times as Pub 9 when all the Jedi came out of the closet and started playing with their glow sticks in public with impunity.
The Combat Upgrade
The NGE.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I played on and off over the years.
I was there for such fun times as Pub 9 when all the Jedi came out of the closet and started playing with their glow sticks in public with impunity.
The Combat Upgrade
The NGE.

View Quote

@DragoMuseveni
I left not long after the Combat Upgrade and hated the NGE. I was playing on SWGEmu for a while, it was neat and buggy like the original game. No Jedi so it was still fun. SOE screwed up when they added Jedi in a game that takes place between episodes 4 and 5
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? So why didn’t they take over the huts? The sand people? The moisture farmers? They seemed to let everybody mind their own and do their own business.  There are mining planets, gambling planets everybody living in peace unless they get audited by the space zealots Jedi.

They don’t even let you smoke.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Really? So why didn’t they take over the huts? The sand people? The moisture farmers? They seemed to let everybody mind their own and do their own business.  There are mining planets, gambling planets everybody living in peace unless they get audited by the space zealots Jedi.

They don’t even let you smoke.
View Quote

They lacked the manpower for enforcement in the outer rim.  Can’t be a jackbooted thug everywhere at once…

Regional governors can be corrupt and let things slide when nobody is looking.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#36]
meh,...  starwars was always a red vs. blue kind of conflict.  neither side has any real moral high ground
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
After seeing the last 6 movies how could you not be for the empire?
View Quote

This right here

I don't understand, besides Vader and the Sith, what was so bad about the Empire. They had capitalism, freedom etc.  

The gripe I have is with Sith, not the Empire itself.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top