Iran has achieved nukes (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Now is GD finally ready to admit that Bush was an idiot and taking out Iraq was a terrible mistake? They were the one counterweight against Iran and now they're nothing.
View Quote

I would treat anyone who doesn't have this view as a suspect of the swamp.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Time for Stuxnet 2: Kinetic Boogaloo
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If they bought them from Boeing they'll probably explode when launched.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BigHumidity:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Now is GD finally ready to admit that Bush was an idiot and taking out Iraq was a terrible mistake? They were the one counterweight against Iran and now they're nothing.

I remember when the Shrub was agitating to invade Iraq and several Mid East experts warned it was a horrible idea due to Iran.  History has sure proved them right.  Cheney and the rest of his fucking Neo fascists were world grade idiots, and we'll be paying the price for their recklessness for the next 50 years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: engineer61] [#6]
Iran is making Enriched Uranium

Idiot Iranian politician probably thinks that highly enriched uranium means Iran has nuclear weapons, it doesn't.
Yes, they are just a month away from having weapons grade uranium, or maybe even already are producing it. But to get a working weapon you still need the explosives and triggering mechanism to work correctly, something that has to timed correctly to the microsecond. To get an H-bomb you need to have two triggered at the same time. Even with Chinese help I don't think that Iran's first try will work, but we will never know that if their second or third try do work, Iran will claim that the one that works is their first test. Probably will happen in the next 5 years.
As far as what Iran wants, they want three things, the U.S. to leave the area and let Iran dominate the Mideast, Israel to not exist, and most importantly, to get control of Mecca.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for suggesting that we destroy Iran. Look forward 200 years and see the US after NOT doing that WHILE WE COULD. Same goes for China. Glad I'm old enough to see my death coming. Fucking politicians.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Who was Hilary selling our uranium to?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for suggesting that we destroy Iran. Look forward 200 years and see the US after NOT doing that WHILE WE COULD. Same goes for China. Glad I'm old enough to see my death coming. Fucking politicians.
View Quote

I think sooner or later they will need to be nuked.  My guess is in the next 10 years some smelly goat fucker smuggles an Iranian bomb into Israel and sets it off.  Israel glasses several Iranian cities as a result.  Rest of the world goes bonkers.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Thanks Obama

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sure sure. The test pop is usually the statement of choice for nations demonstrating their attainment, or achievement to keep with the title.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
We've got more and vastly superior delivery systems.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 57man:
Just read it over on free citizen press.  Iran claims they have nuclear weapons.
View Quote
This is the point where a smart player goes ALL IN.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Obama
View Quote

And Judas Joe.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

View Quote

Doesn't matter.

They'll use it as a Deadman switch.

Invade Iran, topple the regime, and the warhead will get set off in a high pop civilian center after the fact.

Hell, they could have already smuggled it into the US or Europe and it's just chilling in a storage locker somewhere.

Think of the movie True Lies.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
We (Obama/Biden) funded this with our taxes and printing.
View Quote

Originally Posted By d16man:

Pallets of cash
View Quote

Wasn't it like 150 billion?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Both countries wanted nukes because they hated and feared each other.  Whoever had them first was likely to use them against the other and/or demand respect regionally as a "look at me, fear me" mantra.  Fuck em all.  GWB too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
If they do (which I suspect they do), they don't have enough.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think they have them. There is no evidence they have them. This is just more BS until I see something that proves otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:31:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Taft] [#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
They may have enough plutonium to build a few bombs by now but it doesn't mean they actually built one yet. If they really had one they would have to first test it to verify it even works. We would have seen sat photos of a deep dig for underground testing by now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
For the TL/DR crowd...this wasn't an announcement, it came from a yappy dog in the Iranian Parliament who has no inner-circle access. Possible it's true, but should be taken with a grain of salt.
View Quote

We should still nuke Iran, though.  It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Even if not true, it's only a matter of time.

I've wondered if the Norks or Russia haven't already provided them some of their nukes in the past few years.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 18B30:

My brother is married to an Iranian.  Her family is iinfluential in current Iranian politics.  Don’t confuse the IRG with the Iranian masses.  Many Iranians are pissed that the Theocracy is pissing away their children’s future with the forever war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:
Good, let them spend billions on weapons they can never use.

The maintenance and downstream costs of nukes is much higher than most people understand.  

If they ever used a nuke, Iran would cease to exist.

Sure, they could kill a few US Cities, but they would cease to exist as a nation state and their neighbors would gladly pick clean their few remaining border towns.

18Z50

Why do you think they could never use them? The Newcomers could have brought a few in with them.

My brother is married to an Iranian.  Her family is iinfluential in current Iranian politics.  Don’t confuse the IRG with the Iranian masses.  Many Iranians are pissed that the Theocracy is pissing away their children’s future with the forever war.

I am not saying all Iranians are extremists. The ruling class is more than willing to kill all the infidels. They have brainwashed enough of the masses to be a credible threat to our very existence.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

It's not as simple as in the movies
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Why do you think they could never use them? The Newcomers could have brought a few in with them.

It's not as simple as in the movies

I understand it is not as simple as the movies show. That does not mean they can’t do it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

What happens when one gets used on us?

Probably nothing, too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Originally Posted By sprtpilot:

No.  Biden would not nuke Iran after they use a nuke on Israel.  His administration and the corrupt media would simply say "We don't know who did it".
Just like they say they don't know China released Covid from a lab.

What happens when one gets used on us?

Probably nothing, too.

Iran uses one on Israel, it is game on and Tehran will cease to exist......simple as that
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Does Biden have the will to use them? I have my doubts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Obama
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Iran will give them to a terrorist proxy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Prez Peanut was a fool for pulling the plug on us going into Iran in Jan, 1979. We were 3 days from going down the hill to the port of LA to load up for that venture when the Shah fled.

The price of doing is far less than the cost of delay.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

"sign here Mr. President"

That demented old fuck isn't in control of anything.
Not his pen, not his mouth, not his brain, not his bowels, not his family and certainly NOT this country.
He is just a puppet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Not his pen, not his mouth, not his brain, not his bowels, not his family and certainly NOT this country.
He is just a puppet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

He is just a puppet.

Do the people pulling Biden’s strings have the will to use nukes?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#34]
It's not a big surprise if so. Their neighbor Pakistan also has them and is just as fanatical if not more so. The question is if they would use them or if it's just a deterrent like how North Korea is using theirs?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#35]
been beating that drum for 50yrs and still it works
give Ukraine another 20 billion that should solve the problem
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Do the people pulling Biden’s strings have the will to use nukes?
View Quote

Depends on how far the decision gets pushed down the chain. Nobody in the top link would have the balls to own it, but somebody below it would.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

We also have practically non-existent border security.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

ETA Waiting for seismic detectors to go off to confirm.
View Quote

They didn't test anything. And they don't need too. Here's why.

Common nuclear bombs come in two varieties: Plutonium (or Pu for brevity) and Uranium (or U).

The Pu bomb takes far less Uranium ore or concentrated than U bomb. That is why most countries opt for it: buying Uranium on the international market is not very easy, especially if you want it under the table. Expensive, too. Also, in order to transmute Uranium into Plutonium for the Pu bomb, one must run a nuclear reactor for a long time. This reactor is very vulnerable to an attack by a hostile power, as was demonstrated when Israel destroyed Iraqi and Syrian reactors. Finally, a Pu bomb requires a sophisticated ignition system, which is difficult to get right. So a country making a Pu bomb pretty much has to test it in order to know if it works.

Lybia, Iraq, Syria, Norks, Pakis, and even Indians all went the Pu route (not all succeeded).

The U bomb uses a lot more Uranium ore. Also, the Uranium for it does not have to be transmuted, only enriched. It can be extracted from ore using a bunch of complicated processes, one of which is stratification in a gas centrifuge. It takes as long or longer than making Plutonium. But in a key difference, the enrichment process can be distributed in numerous factories, so that a hostile power would not be able to knock out the whole program with one strike on a reactor. And, the U bomb does not need to be tested. You pretty much only need to assemble it and it's guaranteed to work.

Iran have their own domestic Uranium, so they are okay with the wasteful use of it. They have the time to let the enrichment to run its course. And they don't want to let Israel to destroy the whole program.
That is primarily while Mullahs went with the U bomb. But the lack of the need of testing is a nice bonus.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#40]
They either always have or still don’t
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By engineer61:
But to get a working weapon you still need the explosives and triggering mechanism to work correctly, something that has to timed correctly to the microsecond.
View Quote

The need for microseconds only applies to a bomb made out of Plutonium. But Iranian bomb is made from Uranium. It does not need any explosives. It can operate on a compressed Nitrogen if you want.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:01:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#42]
If they actually had one they would blow one up in a "test" to show that they had one and should be taken seriously.
There is no reason they wouldn't do this.
They are bluffing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks Obama
View Quote

But but.....he was the first black president!  He was destined for nothing but competence!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#44]
1. China helped Pakistan develop nukes.
2. Pakistan helped North Korea develop nukes.
3. North Korea helped Iran develop nukes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#45]
how is this any different than all the previous times iran was accused of having nukes?

iraq had weapons of mass destruction because donald rumsfeld gave them to saddam to fight iran yet we couldnt find them. instead our msm just kept claiming they were there long after saddam flew them to iran during the invasion as well as buried a few in the desert as chemical capable jet aircraft fully decomishioned.

how can you guarantee if we invade iran to fight a longest war ever for isreal that we will find them and that if they did in fact have them they wont use them when we attack? its just stupid at this point. the new kids of todays generation cant even be forced to go fight if a giant pearl harbor 9/11 event were to happen again as a catalyst. isreal is all grown up now and will have to learn to fend for itself.

if afghanistan gets nukes from north korea as a deterrant to invasion are we to just start all over at this point?  pakistani terrs have nukes according to cia and isreal yet its been 20 years and the world is still here unchanged.

lets just say iran did have nukes. how do they use them as anything other than deterrant, like where can they strike without engulfing the muslim world in fall out and direct death? isreal on the other hand has alot of juicy targets so its quite uneven to the point they bully everyone and pick fights in all directions.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:37:09 AM EDT
[#46]
many bothans have died to bring us this information...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

The maintenance and downstream costs of nukes is much higher than most people understand.  

Sure, they could kill a few US Cities, but they would cease to exist as a nation state and their neighbors would gladly pick clean their few remaining border towns.

18Z50

Speaking of which, they ever find those 50 suitcase nukes that were supposed to have been smuggled into the US when the Soviet Union was falling?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#48]
All Iranian infrastructure should be bombed to prevent them from having WMDs.  Roads, railroads, bridges, power plants, etc.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sporter:

If a country can build ballistic guided missiles, they'll have no issue building nukes.
View Quote
Tell that to the Nazis
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Dick Cheney swapped the Barksdale nuke for a freshly cut out Palestinian stone thrower's heart. It's in a Zim Integrated shipping container somewhere in Houston. Start worrying when the MSM say the Islamic Revolutionary Guard has smuggled one across our porous Southern border. RIP Roland Carnaby... Jk!
Page / 4
Iran has achieved nukes (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top