Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If it weren't for big pharma a certain dude in SC who got nipped by an inland taipan would have assume ambient temperature by now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Happy_Hour_Hero:
My personal take on typical primary care is they've given up on convincing patients to take their health into their own hands and default to a quick "here's what you really should do, but you're fat, lazy and stupid, so that's never going to happen, so here's a bunch of prescriptions instead"
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 3:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By warlord:
Many of you folks speak ill against big pharma, you will sing a different tune when one of your loved ones develops cancer, in that case you will want the best SotA wonder drugs. The current crop of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines is one of them, my nephew has a PhD in bio-chem, and I asked him about it the COVID vaccines, and he said that vaccines only has the proteins that stimulate the body's immune system to fight the virus, but the vaccines does not have the complete protein package to make you ill. Many of you believe what you read in the general news media, many of that is BS written by English majors. The mRNA vaccine technology is the SotA in vaccines and it is unlike the technology of older vaccines.
View Quote

My uncle took the rnrna shot , which we believe caused his rapid onset of advanced cancer. He fully trusted the team of oncologists and the latest SotA treatment that shrunk multiple tumors. He isn’t cured but is in extreme pain from the neuropathy caused by the chemotherapy.

He was a completely different man before modern medicine helped him. Strong, active, smart, optimistic and stoic. Now he’s in such bad shape that his condition is dragging down other family members with him.

My wife has a friend that was diagnosed with breast cancer around ten years ago. She changed her diet to almost all ketogenic and is doing very well. No oncology, just an occasional scan.

I take apricot extract, try not to eat too unhealthily and avoid exposure to toxic items such as medical advances.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

The US is actually above the global mean number of hours of physical exercise per week. The global average is 6.1 and the US is at 6.3hrs

Exercising even an hour a day doesn’t really make a difference if your life is otherwise sedentary (think desk job but you hit the gym a few days a week and eat big ag produced food). If you look at most blue zones in the world the people are active all day every day.. gardening, walking everywhere etc.  Where in the US people will buy items like sxs’s, golf carts to check the mail, sub compact tractors and zero turn mowers to maintain their 1/2-1acre lots, or just hire out that maintenance all together.

Activity has stifled in the western world mostly due to technology advances (most inventions are to ‘save’ you from physical activity/work) & residential development models(subdivisions).  

Everyone eats like shit because the global western agriculture model produces shit food (but the big tractors are cool ). All one needs to do is go to a grocery store and look around and this is blatantly obvious.

60% of Americans have at least one chronic disease. This has everything to do with shit food and sedentary life styles. No, exercising 6hrs a week doesn’t make one not sedentary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
No.

Everyone just eats like shit and doesn't exercise.

The US is actually above the global mean number of hours of physical exercise per week. The global average is 6.1 and the US is at 6.3hrs

Exercising even an hour a day doesn’t really make a difference if your life is otherwise sedentary (think desk job but you hit the gym a few days a week and eat big ag produced food). If you look at most blue zones in the world the people are active all day every day.. gardening, walking everywhere etc.  Where in the US people will buy items like sxs’s, golf carts to check the mail, sub compact tractors and zero turn mowers to maintain their 1/2-1acre lots, or just hire out that maintenance all together.

Activity has stifled in the western world mostly due to technology advances (most inventions are to ‘save’ you from physical activity/work) & residential development models(subdivisions).  

Everyone eats like shit because the global western agriculture model produces shit food (but the big tractors are cool ). All one needs to do is go to a grocery store and look around and this is blatantly obvious.

60% of Americans have at least one chronic disease. This has everything to do with shit food and sedentary life styles. No, exercising 6hrs a week doesn’t make one not sedentary.

What do you recommend for most working-age people?  Physical employment is not the primary source of income for most folks now.  Are they supposed to garden/walk/exercise through the night?  Just asking.  And it IS a serious question.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Ayup.  

I’ll touch on it again since it’s brought up frequently… and that’s ‘exercise’.  Americans are over the global median of 6.1hrs of exercise per week, yet are one of the most unhealthy populations on the planet.

When it comes to ‘exercise’ What really matters is general physical movement.  Here is a scenario -  If you work a desk job for 40hrs a week, exercise for 6hrs a week, and watch football on the weekends, ride the couch and an zero turn mower once a week.. you are living a largely sedentary lifestyle.   If you are physically active in everyday life.. walk to get the mail, make instead of buy, move as much as you can at work, split wood by hand, dig post holes by hand, push mow the yard, walk to the garden to manually pull weeds, actually move in the kitchen cooking your food instead of popping in the microwave, walk to check the cows, don’t sit on your duff all weekend etc and do zero exercise.. you are not living a sedentary lifestyle.  

View Quote

You must still think it's the 1930s.  Who the fuck has time for that now?  I work ten hour days.  Have two teenaged daughters.  I feel fortunate I have the gumption to get up at 0330 every weekday to squeeze in my hour of weights or cardio.  Try to be realistic please.  Unless you expect people to run on three hours of sleep every day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It started with the Rockefellers and the shift from plant based medicine to petroleum based medicines.   Rockefeller was key in the creation of many of the medical groups that determine treatments, funding of studies and efficacy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Here’s one way big pharma uses humans for profit..

Psych nurse practionioner is a very lucrative job. All you do is zoom in with your “patients” and keep them on meds and push more meds on them, basically writing scrips everyday. These are mentally frail people being farmed by the system. You can easily make $250k + per year and not work a full day as its partially commission based.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
OP, google Confirmation Bias.
View Quote

Lol. Uh huh. I’m only moderately self-aware, but that’s funny. I genuinely enjoy this place. So much catching up to do here, but still so busy, so it’ll have to wait until another time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]

So real talk, I'm pretty damn healthy. Exercise, weight all that fun stuff.

My doc took a look at my lipid profile I think my total cholesterol was... like 170 something and my bad cholesterol was 130.  Obviously not perfect, but.... minor.

Doc wanted to put me on a statin, and I can absolutely see how there may be a problem with over prescribing.
View All Quotes

Prescriptions drugs are the large contributing factor in the rising health care costs we’ve seen over the last 2-3 decades.

In 2020, 1 in 4.28 people in the US were taking psychiatric drugs.. now think of how many people are on other meds like BC, cholesterol meds, diabetes meds, etc.

So real talk, I'm pretty damn healthy. Exercise, weight all that fun stuff.

My doc took a look at my lipid profile I think my total cholesterol was... like 170 something and my bad cholesterol was 130.  Obviously not perfect, but.... minor.

Doc wanted to put me on a statin, and I can absolutely see how there may be a problem with over prescribing.

Yeah, I think that this is probably criminal negligence for a future generation… normal practice today. Then, after 20 years of statins, you’ll have dementia, and then you’ll need some cocktail of meds for that, too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

There's no money in healthy people, and cures have been suppressed in the name of profit.

There's no money in dead people, either.  That's why they want us fat, sick, and stupid; maximum profit.

There are a couple big pharma shills here, you'll find them.  

View Quote

This. After 40 plus years in the healthcare industry, I have witnessed the paradigm shift from caring and compassionate healing
to bottom-line oriented production line services.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:45:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#11]
Originally Posted By Spartikis:
As someone who suffers from epilepsy I am thankful for pharmaceuticals and modern medicine.

If I was born pre-1950 I probably wouldn’t have reached adulthood.

And yet 2 pills a day and I’m able to live a completely normal life. I can drive, have a career, enjoy hobbies, get married, have kids, etc…

So I’ll go against the crowd and say thank you to big pharma.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:
As someone who suffers from epilepsy I am thankful for pharmaceuticals and modern medicine.

If I was born pre-1950 I probably wouldn’t have reached adulthood.

And yet 2 pills a day and I’m able to live a completely normal life. I can drive, have a career, enjoy hobbies, get married, have kids, etc…

So I’ll go against the crowd and say thank you to big pharma.

And every person on this board that has a heart Stent, or had a c-section, or an appendectomy .... owes their lives to big pharma.

They do good, but people don't like to see that

Originally Posted By LRShooter:

No kickbacks, but they'll fly you to Florida and pay you $50K to stay in a resort all weekend to give a 5 Minute speech on how great ByDureon is if you'll push it on your new diabetes patients.  And, yeah, that's publicly available information.

And where do you see that?  Cuz I've never even heard of it and I've been the field 30 years.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top