BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2024 5:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZW17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Any prisoner who attacks another prisoner should be locked anway in solitary for the rest of their sentence or be executed.  That’ll cut down on violence in prison in short order.  The ones who can’t control themselves won’t be around long.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:34:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#2]
There is no hate crime chomo law*

*In prison
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Wtf is a chomo
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Chomo may refer to:
Prison slang for child molester
Per Wikipedia
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Child molester…..
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Wtf is a chomo
View Quote

child molester.  they get the shank or shiv.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It's my understanding that, despite popular belief (and desire), child predators are not targeted by the other inmates because of the nature of their crimes. I am *more* than happy to be disabused of this notion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mikNtx:

View Quote
I thought shank is the verb and shiv is the noun? One gets shanked by a prisoner using a shiv. Or are they interchangeable?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Wtf is a chomo
View Quote

A delicious Mexican dessert
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rudderbutter] [#10]
Wtf is a chomo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Wtf is a chomo

A "chold" molester.

Originally Posted By R2point0:
I thought shank is the verb and shiv is the noun? One gets shanked by a prisoner using a shiv. Or are they interchangeable?

That is also my understanding.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#11]
It's my understanding that, despite popular belief (and desire), child predators are not targeted by the other inmates because of the nature of their crimes. I am *more* than happy to be disabused of this notion.
View Quote

My experience working in two Federal prisons for nearly a decade, including a United States Penitentary is exactly opposite.

Inmates despise sex offenders, most have kids etc...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes

Shank is a piercing weapon, shiv is a cutting weapon. Both can be used as adverbs, but neither is a verb.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

My experience working in two Federal prisons for nearly a decade, including a United States Penitentary is exactly opposite.

View Quote
I am glad to be corrected then.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pawcatch] [#14]
View Quote

Cousin was a CO at Hayes and he said it largely depends on race and the particular prison they're in.
He told me he knew of a notorious large black inmate that raped and killed a young boy in 1997 and he became a shot caller in a black gang despite what he did . He said that wouldn't fly with whites or Latino gangs though. Of course, many pedos are segregated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By elmidgeto:

Shank is a piercing weapon, shiv is a cutting weapon. Both can be used as adverbs, but neither is a verb.
View Quote
Huh. I learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Indiana has a classification system to keep birds of a feather together, as best they can anyway to keep the stabbing numbers down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#17]
The notion that convicted felons in prison are somehow going to stop short of attacking a child molester because doing so would be a hate crime is both ill assembled and ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

there is this old game show called card sharks.  they ask the contestants a question and a statistical percentage of those asked questioned.  yours of "child predators are not targeted by the other inmates because of the nature of their crimes."   the contestant leading would throw out a number,  the challenger would just say higher or lower.  a

as a challenger, i would hope the numbers of not targeted are much lower and most get the stabby.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I once had a conversation with the warden at a medium-security prison.  He told me that something like 40 percent of his inmates were sex offenders that were classified as "non-violent" (i.e. not aggravated sexual assault.

I surmised that part of the reason they were there was so they could be in protective custody without calling it protective custody.  The ones who committed aggravated sexual assault went to the maximum security prison.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I hate cholo molesters. They go around saying "yo, want some candy ese?"
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Never heard of such a thing. But JD would know about the Oregon prisons, he spent time there. But prisons like Corcoran, Pelican's Bay, Salinas Valley, Chomo's and rapists can almost guarantee they won't see their release date. Some of these places have entire units that house Chomo's to "protect" them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

It depends on the type of facility.  Fed prison all bets are off.  When I worked county jail, sex offenders were housed in their own dorm and were not to cross paths with anyone who was not a special segregation classification so there would be no opportunity for an assault.  

That isn’t to say they never kicked the shit out of each other, though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I consider trying up or killing a chomo a form of community service.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

They try to keep them with others like them and others who are short timers so the other have incentive not to do the world a favor.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Interchangeable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, saw it too. Couldn't believe it was the case, then I could. Especially with the PEDO shit that comes from the left.

BTW, it was the JD Delay interview with The Connect - Johnny Mitchell.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Alot of invicts are chomo victims.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Pawcatch:

Cousin is a CO at Hayes and he said it largely depends on race and the particular prison they're in.
He told me he knew of a notorious large black inmate that raped and killed a young boy in 1997 and he became a shot caller in a black gang despite what he did . He said that wouldn't fly with whites or Latino gangs though. Of course, many pedos are segregated.
View Quote

Hayes is not a nice place. Hope your cousin does good and maybe gets out of that place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:14:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrwhy01] [#33]
View Quote

Having worked in corrections myself and  my wife has worked in corrections for the past 18 years I can attest that child predators are generally not targeted by other inmates. They are generally treated as outcast by otherwise they are tolerated. It may happen in other institutions but in the 3 that my wife has been at and the one I worked they were largely left alone.

And there is no hate crime law protecting child predators.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

I'd thought it was verb/noun as well, but that makes sense too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Look, if they didn’t see Epstein not kill himself, they can take a break and turn off the cameras when the pedo’s commit “suicide” by stabbing themselves a hundred times using four different shanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:19:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZW17] [#36]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#37]

there is this old game show called card sharks.  they ask the contestants a question and a statistical percentage of those asked questioned.  yours of "child predators are not targeted by the other inmates because of the nature of their crimes."   the contestant leading would throw out a number,  the challenger would just say higher or lower.  a

as a challenger, i would hope the numbers of not targeted are much lower and most get the stabby.
View Quote

I don't know about card sharks. Shower sharks could be considered a game in prison.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
The notion that convicted felons in prison are somehow going to stop short of attacking a child molester because doing so would be a hate crime is both ill assembled and ridiculous.
View Quote

Yeah, it's like more gun laws will keep guns out of criminals hands...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

They'll just get extorted by other inmates usually, is what I've heard. Charged rent in commissary, stuff like that. You don't pay, you get beaten.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Shinji_Ikari:

Hayes is not a nice place. Hope your cousin does good and maybe gets out of that place.
View Quote

I just edited it, he's out now. Man, he has some stories. Also, did you find that certain races treated sexual offenses different?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 10mmManiac:
Never heard of such a thing. But JD would know about the Oregon prisons, he spent time there. But prisons like Corcoran, Pelican's Bay, Salinas Valley, Chomo's and rapists can almost guarantee they won't see their release date. Some of these places have entire units that house Chomo's to "protect" them.
View Quote

That all depends on the politics of the yard that inmate is on. Nothing is guaranteed in prison. Inmates with safety concerns that are legitimate are moved.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:

That's pretty much how they're used, but much like that pronoun nonsense, I refuse to participate in the rape of the English language.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Herewego:
Look, if they didn’t see Epstein not kill himself, they can take a break and turn off the cameras when the pedo’s commit “suicide” by stabbing themselves a hundred times using four different shanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#44]
This topic sort of came up not long after an uncle (by marriage only) got out. He said that nobody really stabbed or attempted to kill the chomos cause none of them really wanted to adid to their sentences. Instead they’d try to push them to kill themselves. Daily, sometimes multiple times a day, best the shit out of them, instigate fights with them, steal food and stuff they bought from commissary. The goal was just to make it as miserable for them that eventually they hang themselves with a bedsheet or some shit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

Nice! You found it. That’s it. Thanks man!

Skip to 1:00:00 to see the part about chomos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsw4BWRk9Q
View Quote

If you wanna see how JD feels about chomos, head over to his channel. He is always, well almost always, wearing a hat that looks like a Trump hat that says "Make Pedos Afraid Again". He also wears a shirt that says something like "Woodchipper 2024" or something like that that also talks about what to do with chomos. He was molested at 6 years old, so he has the fire within to smash them on sight. He also has the size to inflict much pain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

It's all subjective at that point,  just let nature take It's course...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:35:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R2point0] [#47]
I did a little googling and came up with https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/victim-attributes-hate-crime-law-difference-and-politics-justice .

Apparently at least part of the Justice department thinks that they should be protected under hate crime laws.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

They'll just get extorted by other inmates usually, is what I've heard. Charged rent in commissary, stuff like that. You don't pay, you get beaten.
View Quote

Depends.

The higher the security ar least in my system the more politics matter, AND the inmates were expected to conduct themselves as a man, not disrespect female staff...and sex offenders couldn't walk....all held accountable by their own gang/car.

But as you go lower down the security tier the other inmates are just foccused in getting out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#49]
A lot of people are in prison because of low impulse self control and with a poor understanding of long term consequences. My bet is a lot of the prisoners won’t adequately consider “special enhancement” penalties in their decision making process. They also believe that can get away without being caught.

Anyone who has experience in that field, please chime in. My experience dealing with prisoners in jail is limited.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#50]
@buckshot_jim

Jim, care to weigh in on this?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top