BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 17th amendment basically allows for de facto amendments by mob rule; change by mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t really bother with that whole amendment process anymore, too inconvenient.
The 17th amendment basically allows for de facto amendments by mob rule; change by mind.
De facto, in an extremely twisted way of looking at it.

De jure, not even close.

Which calls into question the legitimacy of the entire government at that point, when they no longer follow their own laws they’re only ruling by fear.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Opinion =/= truth.  RIF, bro.  But you go right ahead on with "your truth".
View Quote
So your truth is superior to my truth.

Got it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the cops I’ve known personally have been outstanding citizens , good neighbors, and good friends. They have a job to do . We the people have a job to do as well . The founding fathers made it very clear what needs to happen when tyranny is the rule rather than the exception. Certain segments of government think they are above the Constitution and the bill of rights . They need to be smacked down with extreme prejudice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm asking questions that make you uncomfortable and for which you have no answers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to laws.

You're arguing your point based on your emotions and feelings, an opinion.

Which is what the left does consistently.
I'm asking questions that make you uncomfortable and for which you have no answers.
No, I think he is saying you argue like a woman.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You are horribly misinformed.

Please cite case law or a case that did not get approval from a judge before any non-exigent door kicking happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you are unfamiliar with the concept of no knocks.

You are horribly disingenuous.
You are horribly misinformed.

Please cite case law or a case that did not get approval from a judge before any non-exigent door kicking happened.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Judge-DEA-s-raid-of-home-without-warrant-OK-/5-2226550/?page=1
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Smoke and mirrors IMO, how many warrants ever get denied?

Many times the requesting officers just make shit up, confidential informants and all.
View Quote
OK, cite a case or are you just shouting shit out your ass?

Back it up.

Prove your point. You made it, back it up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So POTUS is above the law in regards to the Constitution and the civil rights of an American Citizen and he can have him killed without a trial or thrown in prison for life without a hearing?
View Quote
POTUS can call for airstrikes against our enemies and if an American citizen is a combatant and gets KIA then that's too fookin bad.  POTUS can do things you can't.  Does that make you angry?

War does not allow niceties such as warrants and court orders.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes to an extent

I like cops.. I am just extremely cautious around people who can ruin my life with the swipe of a pen

Goes for politicians as well
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which begs the question of the legitimacy of the constitution itself.
View Quote
Oh so you want anarchy, mob rule.

Got it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wrong.
View Quote
Sorry you're so ignorant.

You're just proving it in this thread.

*this is fun!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So your truth is superior to my truth.

Got it.
View Quote
I don't use idiocies such as "your truth" and "my truth" seriously.  You do.  I repeat them only to illustrate your level of thinking feeling, that's all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Blame the laws, not Law Enforcement Officers.   We dont get to selectively decide what laws to enforce.  So lighten up, Francis.  If you have great gun laws, like in Arizona, then LEOs are very gun friendly, because we assume everyone is armed.

You have a problem with the gun laws, mobilize at the ballot box.  If you are in New York, or Maryland, then move.  
View Quote
So you don't take an oath to the constitution, or you don't believe the 2nd amendment is working plain english?

Just curious.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which begs the question of the legitimacy of the constitution itself.

Got it.
Not what I said.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oooooh buuuurrrrrnnn.  You're what, 12?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That sounds a lot like “I’ll gladly violate your constitutional rights for $55,000 a year”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blame the laws, not Law Enforcement Officers.   We dont get to selectively decide what laws to enforce.  So lighten up, Francis.  If you have great gun laws, like in Arizona, then LEOs are very gun friendly, because we assume everyone is armed.

You have a problem with the gun laws, mobilize at the ballot box.  If you are in New York, or Maryland, then move.  
That sounds a lot like “I’ll gladly violate your constitutional rights for $55,000 a year”.
Don't forget dental.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
POTUS can call for airstrikes against our enemies and if an American citizen is a combatant and gets KIA then that's too fookin bad.  POTUS can do things you can't.  Does that make you angry?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So POTUS is above the law in regards to the Constitution and the civil rights of an American Citizen and he can have him killed without a trial or thrown in prison for life without a hearing?

Cops can do things you can't, and we know that makes you angry....or uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Back it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many times the requesting officers just make shit up, confidential informants and all.

Back it up.

See above.

The greater issue is judges rubber stamping warrants on paper thin evidence or outright fabricated evidence.

Now of course that’s not the sort of statistic the government is going to keep, so you can safely demand I prove it knowing that fact.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're making statement pulled out of your ass without backing it up.

I think you are the ones who is uncomfortable and will just keep slinging bullshit until the bovine's run dry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did that make you uncomfortable?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see myself or anyone I work with busting down doors at 4am and violating civil rights. We gather evidence, conduct interviews, inform people of their civil rights, approach the court, present our cases, petition for a warrant, and then do it all iver again before a court where the suspect is innocent until judged by a jury after all my case work has been presented again.

I ain't snatching up folks at 4am and sending them to Gitmo without a trial or a kangaroo secret court. Nor am I doing it with armored units, CAS, or predator drones. I ain't whacking people from 12,000ft with a missle after a President has declared them a threat without trial.
I see you are unfamiliar with the concept of no knocks.

You are horribly disingenuous.
Oh, I'm very familiar with them. Again.... WARRANT.

I gather evidence, which includes interviews and reading suspects of their rights, presenting my case before the State Attorney's Office and then the Judge. And I swear and affirm that everything I have stated is truthful and honest.

When did PFC Snuffy do that before he raided a home?

Me? Two... why?

Because in one case the Judge personally knew the suspect and refused to recuse himself since the suspect was financially involved with the judge and the other time was that the State Attorney's Office agreed there was probable cause but declined to prosecute because it "was not a big deal" and he felt it wouldn't do him anything for his election.

I present solid cases so they don't get shot down. I come in with mountains of evidence. Prosecutors and Judges after reading my probable cause reports for a warrant never question me on my cases because the detailed evidence I present is that solid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Correct.  In a separate thread, it was generally agreed that Police Chiefs are appointed, not elected.
View Quote
Who are the police chiefs appointed by?

Oh, that's right, the governor or some other ELECTED official.

Some of you guys couldn't follow a painted line if you were holding the brush.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think you misconstrue the meaning.  Yes, do I have discretion to not cite a person for a violation?   Sure.  People keep talking about unconstitutional laws here.  Sorry, while there are laws you may not agree with, the courts in that state interpreted the constitution a certain way.  Am I a gun grabber?  Nope.  I live in a state where I have all sorts of second amendment freedoms.  That is my choice.  As far as my "oath", I take the oath to the constitution to the United States of America, and to the State of Arizona, very seriously.  But if people are doing dumb shit, and breaking the law, they are going to run afoul of a pair of handcuffs.  I am fortunate not to have "gun-grabbing" laws here.  If I worked in another state, I am not sure what I would do.  I love my job, I take it seriously, I am honest, hard-working, and try to do right by people.  But holding people accountable for breaking the laws I have sworn to uphold is my job.  Many of you here are sitting in your armchair stating you would or would not do this or that.  Yeah, ok.  All cops I have dealt with are corrupt.   Yeah, ok.  I call bullshit on both.  Internet heroes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't selecting what laws to enforce called discretion?
I think you misconstrue the meaning.  Yes, do I have discretion to not cite a person for a violation?   Sure.  People keep talking about unconstitutional laws here.  Sorry, while there are laws you may not agree with, the courts in that state interpreted the constitution a certain way.  Am I a gun grabber?  Nope.  I live in a state where I have all sorts of second amendment freedoms.  That is my choice.  As far as my "oath", I take the oath to the constitution to the United States of America, and to the State of Arizona, very seriously.  But if people are doing dumb shit, and breaking the law, they are going to run afoul of a pair of handcuffs.  I am fortunate not to have "gun-grabbing" laws here.  If I worked in another state, I am not sure what I would do.  I love my job, I take it seriously, I am honest, hard-working, and try to do right by people.  But holding people accountable for breaking the laws I have sworn to uphold is my job.  Many of you here are sitting in your armchair stating you would or would not do this or that.  Yeah, ok.  All cops I have dealt with are corrupt.   Yeah, ok.  I call bullshit on both.  Internet heroes.
I put my badge on the line to try to fight gun control laws from being passed in Florida. But hey, since I'm a.cop I'm automatically a bad guy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Talk to your shop steward.  He's got the juice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been doing it wrong.
Maybe I should ask for a dental plan.
Nah, not gonna get that any time soon.
Talk to your shop steward.  He's got the juice.
Florida is a right to work state. Doesn't work that way here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Section 23 page 34 Duncan v. Becerra

Or

People v. Verches if you want the long read.

Have fun bud.
View Quote
Thanks, I will.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Warrants issued on false info are extremely rare, and innocent people have never been killed on such raids.  I read it on GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Warrants issued on false info are extremely rare, and innocent people have never been killed on such raids.  I read it on GD.
So you're saying I present false evidence?

LOL
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No.

As the other poster said, it’s the corruption & elitism, in addition to the unjust laws.  I thought the book “Serpico” helped fix police corruption, but every cop I knew growing up was either corrupt or a thug who used his badge to bully whomever he chose.

I think I was around 11 when I wanted to be a cop, then listened to family friends brag about seized money, contraband & thuggery and decided—I don’t want to be that.
View Quote
He was a tattle tale in the academy, turning in the Vietnam vets for wearing uniform while running to get coffee and cigs IIRC or some such bullshit according to Jim Cirrillo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Correct.  In a separate thread, it was generally agreed that Police Chiefs are appointed, not elected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.
Wrong. It depends on the jurisdiction and how that political subdivision wrote their rules.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Me? Two... why?

Because in one case the Judge personally knew the suspect and refused to recuse himself since the suspect was financially involved with the judge and the other time was that the State Attorney's Office agreed there was probable cause but declined to prosecute because it "was not a big deal" and he felt it wouldn't do him anything for his election.

I present solid cases so they don't get shot down. I come in with mountains of evidence. Prosecutors and Judges after reading my probable cause reports for a warrant never question me on my cases because the detailed evidence I present is that solid.
View Quote
You realize of course no sane police officer would say otherwise on an open forum.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LOL no but let it pass.  The answer clearly makes you uncomfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I explained to you discretion and how it applies to me daily.
LOL....

I can't wait until school starts up again and the kids go back. I look forward to Brownells cracking down on such things.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Could say that about any profession or category.

"I used to respect doctors, but their blatant over prescribing opioids (On a national level) Has changed my opinion of them."

"I Used to respect clergy, but their abuse of children and the fleecing of their congregations (on a national level) has changed my opinion of them"

"I used to respect women, but their abuse of their sexuality and falsely accusing men of rape or sexual misconduct (On a national level) has changed my opinion of them"

OP, you're falling for a false narrative pushed by a media with an agenda.
View Quote
Excellent post. Hyperbole and whatnot. My coworkers and I will occasionally find law abiding citizens who don’t understand all laws and violate them. A conversation and some instruction goes a long way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
You’re taking this very personally, when people are speaking in generalities.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If the 28th Amendment voids the 2nd how is that unconstitutional? Show your work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a fool, and I don't say that often.  It has to be amended, and that process is clearly delineated in the document.  I recommend you read it.  You clearly haven't.
If the 28th Amendment voids the 2nd how is that unconstitutional? Show your work.
Kids that haven't passed high school civics yet can't.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
LOL....

I can't wait until school starts up again and the kids go back. I look forward to Brownells cracking down on such things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I explained to you discretion and how it applies to me daily.
LOL....

That’s an interesting sentiment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#35]
COC #7.  LEO bashing.  
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top