Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Obesity is a virtue. Victory donuts and 1200 calorie breakfast coffee for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Here in California , SFV a lot of fatties.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

5 days a week is my goal, but mostly aerobic, for my heart. I'm done impressing the girls. Now I'm just trying to live longer.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y’all still working out?

5 days a week is my goal, but mostly aerobic, for my heart. I'm done impressing the girls. Now I'm just trying to live longer.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Genetics brother, genetics.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y’all still working out?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0ae4a458b02b1705c96dd846493e2aad/tumblr_inline_n3ghj9J3u91qcklud.gif

Genetics brother, genetics.  

I think just about anyone can do it.  Thing is, it probably requires some lifestyle changes that most aren't willing to do.

I used to be a gym bro like most everyone else.  The T-shirt bodybuilder, 15-20% BF.  Usually at the higher teens.  

I'm in my 50's and started to finally worry about longevity more than just lifting to get bigger.   Then last year just for the hell of it decided to see if I could diet down again to see abs.  Often when I get down to that level it doesn't last too long.  But being older it's different - I feel so much better where I'm at and I've changed habits so that it's not hard maintaining it.  

For me, it seemed to get below 15-ish percent bodyfat and maintain it was difficult until I made some changes.  Probably the most important ones:
1. Basically quit alcohol.  
2. Very rarely eat fried food.  It's inflammatory which really hinders efforts to get and stay lean.  Younger dudes can get away with more, but I ain't one of them anymore.  You can make it fit your macros but you could write pages why you shouldn't.
3. Move more.  Get a tracker and get set a goal to get to 10K steps per day.  Part of that is go for a 5-10 minute walk after meals, helps with digestion and at least one study found it aids with blood sugar as well.

No one notices you with a decent amount of muscle with a gym bro physique.  Get down to the 10 percent range and many notice, and even get a fair number of comments about it.  I have a lot less muscle than I did 20 years ago, but that doesn't seem to matter nearly as much.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top