Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife's Prius is 10 years old with close to 90,000 miles and the battery health is fine.

Replacement ICE's aren't cheap either and aren't getting any cheaper, however batteries will only become cheaper.
View Quote
I'm not saying I don't believe you but there's no way those cells are like new. The first gen Prius used Lithium ion batteries, like what's in most cellphones. I've had to replace my phone battery every couple years because the life goes to shit. It's just the nature of the chemistry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just read the Tesla battery warranty.  It's 8 years/100k-150k miles (depending on model), w/70% capacity retention
View Quote

I'd be totally happy with my car losing 150hp, and/or 100 miles of range by 100,000 miles, lol.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How much does a new motor cost on other cars that go 0-60 in 2.8 seconds?
View Quote

A newer gen 3 ford coyote 5.0 is around 8500. In a factory five kit car they will generate times at the drag strip in the 11s without modification and run road track times comparable to a lambo Gallardo. So yea, electrics aren't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V96-AQ1FghI
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Warranty 8 years to 100000 miles... Batteries can have issues that warranty does not cover it states...
View Quote

And if Tesla replaces your battery under warranty you do not get a brand-new 0 mile battery.  You get a used or refurbished battery pack that has at least 70% of advertised range remaining.

How many owners will spend $15-20k on a new battery pack for a 10 year old Tesla that's only worth $10k?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If we went back to 1910 there would be many people saying the same thing about gas cars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Average electric vehicle: 1500 parts.

Average ICE vehicle: 10,000 parts.

Conversation over. Electric vehicles will dominate commuting in the next few decades.

false

No way electric vehicles take over with the myriad of disadvantages it has.

*battery life sucks
*cost more than ICE vehicles
*not enough locations to charge
*not enough POWER produced to charge vehicles
*reality is that electric vehicles have a lower lifespan than ICE vehicles do.
*many many many parking lots and garages, especially urban DO NOT have an ability to charge
*imagine the hundreds of cars at airport parking lots all fighting for the 20-30 charging ports
LOFL

If we went back to 1910 there would be many people saying the same thing about gas cars.
And your point is...?

People continued to use horse drawn power, steam power, etc well into the middle of the century.  At some point the technology because so reliable and cost effective that the marketplace adopted it on it's own.  Maybe we'll see that happen in the next decade, but more likely we'll see massive amounts of government interference trying to FORCE the adoption of this technology.  This is what clear minded and reasonable Americans loathe.

I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if someone wants to be an early adopter.  Try not to throw one back if I conclude that it is a bad choice for me at this point.  Also try not to throw out strawman arguments.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Trudeau just spent 2.7 million tax payer dollars creating exactly 54 electric car charging stations. Should only need a few million more and we will be ready for the switch to electric. Businesses like Home Depot that have the customary 2 unused virtue signal charging stations will surely keep the free charging policies when every car in the parking lot is electric.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The new batteries Tesla is making can be recycled, and the price will come down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They won't necessarily brick your car but they will do many other unethical things to fuck with you

Decrease your vehicle range, turn off features, many other things.

Their service division is very unethical And in some ways anti-consumer, buying parts from them is quite difficult to in some cases due to ridiculous reasoning.

I just don't know how their customers put up with it
View Quote

Wouldn't something like this be covered under the Magansen-Moss Act?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote

I've never head about that with Apple and with Tesla I think it's only salvage titles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Legislation over the last 16 years killed off the possibility of going to diesel and using diesel electric hybrids. Now we are blindly nosediving in golf cart technology then pretending to be blind about the toxic waste it's going to produce.

No one is waiting for the technology to be improved, ram it down America's throat, make the money, then walk away when your ass deep in the shit. That's the new American political system.
View Quote

Sounds familiar...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My calculator doesn't have enough digits........so if the Moron in Chief gets his way and converts 640K gas powered military vehicles, etc., to electric at $16K a pop, what is that about $102 BILLION???
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The battery has a minimum lifespan of 1,500 charge cycles, which should translate to 300,000+ miles (standard range/standard range plus) to 500,000 miles (long-range variants)

New batteries will be hitting 1 million miles+ lifespan within a few years.
View Quote
It's not like at 1,501 charges they just don't work, it's a gradual performance drop.

Like a flashlight manufacturer saying the light lasts for 2 hours. But at the end of and hour it's already half as bright as 1 minute. And will get dimmer still over the next hour but it lasted 2 hours...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LOFL

and you believe such nonsense?

My laptop and iPhone batteries sucks ass after 1 year.   How is this any better?
View Quote
Plenty of high mileage Tesla cars on the original battery.

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/7-myths-busted-after-200-000-in-my-tesla
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or brakes, or oil changes over the life of the car.

EVs are the future. I know I’ll miss ICE but it doesn’t change reality.
View Quote

You won't as much as you think once you've driven an BEV.  I know my Raptor will go when I can get a Cyber Truck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check out YouTuber Louis Rossmann. He's a huge proponent for right to repair and has tons of videos on Apple's bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. They largely will.

You don't think people only buy factory battery packs for - for example - replacement in an early generation Prius? Those are very expensive. Or you can buy a made-in-the-USA aftermarket unit for a couple thousand bucks and it includes sending the old pack to them by freight.

That couple thousand bucks gives you a battery good for another 8+ years. Why would purely electric vehicles be any different in terms of aftermarket support?

Are you serious? That's beyond outrageous. Apple and Tesla - and more - all need to have their dicks slapped by "right to repair". It shouldn't have to be said that people ought to hold rights to repair and change their belongings as they want but here we are.
Check out YouTuber Louis Rossmann. He's a huge proponent for right to repair and has tons of videos on Apple's bullshit.

Louis Rossmann remains one of the strongest proponents for RTR. He seems to be a fine young man and I hope he ends up being successful not just in business but with his political ambitions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would imagine.

I don't know though.

That when you keep it plugged in overnight that it has an effect like installing an engine block warmer on a truck in North Dakota.

Also reminds me of a famous story about Ettore Bugatti. Someone told him that the car they had bought from him had trouble starting on cold mornings. Bugatti's reply was something like.

"If you can afford one of my cars then you can afford a heated garage."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always wonder about these electric cars in cold climate. Batteries suck in cold weather, how much battery life is used up running the heater when it is -40 and your off to the rodeo.

I would imagine.

I don't know though.

That when you keep it plugged in overnight that it has an effect like installing an engine block warmer on a truck in North Dakota.

Also reminds me of a famous story about Ettore Bugatti. Someone told him that the car they had bought from him had trouble starting on cold mornings. Bugatti's reply was something like.

"If you can afford one of my cars then you can afford a heated garage."

Can confirm. Teslas already have battery warming tech that keeps them at ideal temperature while plugged in.

I am from North Dakota. I can't wait to buy an EV.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They won't necessarily brick your car but they will do many other unethical things to fuck with you

Their service division is very unethical And in some ways anti-consumer, buying parts from them is quite difficult to in some cases due to ridiculous reasoning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. They largely will.

You don't think people only buy factory battery packs for - for example - replacement in an early generation Prius? Those are very expensive. Or you can buy a made-in-the-USA aftermarket unit for a couple thousand bucks and it includes sending the old pack to them by freight.

That couple thousand bucks gives you a battery good for another 8+ years. Why would purely electric vehicles be any different in terms of aftermarket support?

Are you serious? That's beyond outrageous. Apple and Tesla - and more - all need to have their dicks slapped by "right to repair". It shouldn't have to be said that people ought to hold rights to repair and change their belongings as they want but here we are.

Heinous.

That's downright anti-American to say nothing of anti-consumer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh and the extreme launches will also degrade batteries faster
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Electric cars still not practical for most rural people, drive 80 miles to work (often being on call I have to drive 300 plus miles for work in a day), drive 30 miles to store, drive in subzero temps, icy and snowy roads where you commute time doubles or triples. Power at house goes down for a few days from an ice storm can't charge up car. Cars or trucks sitting out in subzero for a week at a time. Electric grid not capable currently to push power to everyone having electric car in the country. Car low on charge after work day and groceries in cold weather then an emergency and you car can't go cause it has to charge. The only way in the short term they will get rid of gas engines is to make a BS government mandate eliminating them by law. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And your point is...?

People continued to use horse drawn power, steam power, etc well into the middle of the century.  At some point the technology because so reliable and cost effective that the marketplace adopted it on it's own.  Maybe we'll see that happen in the next decade, but more likely we'll see massive amounts of government interference trying to FORCE the adoption of this technology.  This is what clear minded and reasonable Americans loathe.

I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if someone wants to be an early adopter.  Try not to throw one back if I conclude that it is a bad choice for me at this point.  Also try not to throw out strawman arguments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conversation over. Electric vehicles will dominate commuting in the next few decades.

false

No way electric vehicles take over with the myriad of disadvantages it has.

*battery life sucks
*cost more than ICE vehicles
*not enough locations to charge
*not enough POWER produced to charge vehicles
*reality is that electric vehicles have a lower lifespan than ICE vehicles do.
*many many many parking lots and garages, especially urban DO NOT have an ability to charge
*imagine the hundreds of cars at airport parking lots all fighting for the 20-30 charging ports
LOFL

And your point is...?

"But my golf cart won't be practical until EVERYONE uses them, then it'll all make sense & be great!"

I've seen that logic before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
When will the federal gas tax be applied to the electric vehicle fleet.
The roads are partially paid for by the gas tax per gallon, track your mileage electronically, then send you a bill?

To replace gas/diesel power with electric will require a doubleing power generation an distribution infrastructure to handle transportation power, who will pay? What power will be left for manufacturing and housing?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What happens when another cell goes bad a month later, then a couple more, then another over the next year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
there are  shops that can  break  down your tesla battery.

find the bad cell and replace it.

and it will not cost  `16 grand.  

What happens when another cell goes bad a month later, then a couple more, then another over the next year?

What happens when your ICE ruptures a power steering line 6 times in one year?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One of the few benefits of getting older is that you really don't have to care about this on-the-horizon stuff.  

I figure ICE will still be made in the next 5-10 years at least.  In 30 years I definitely won't be driving, so I will just do ICE until they are done making them then drive that last year until I am dead.

You young bucks can enjoy the future.  
View Quote

I already am.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The roads are partially paid for by the gas tax per gallon, track your mileage electronically, then send you a bill?

To replace gas/diesel power with electric will require a doubleing power generation an distribution infrastructure to handle transportation power, who will pay? What power will be left for manufacturing and housing?
View Quote

Heck, in high density populations where are all these "charging outlets" going to be???
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's more is not only do their customers support it they shit on others who point out their battered wife syndrome. Like a frickin cult.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Electric cars still not practical for most rural people, drive 80 miles to work (often being on call I have to drive 300 plus miles for work in a day), drive 30 miles to store, drive in subzero temps, icy and snowy roads where you commute time doubles or triples. Power at house goes down for a few days from an ice storm can't charge up car. Cars or trucks sitting out in subzero for a week at a time. Electric grid not capable currently to push power to everyone having electric car in the country. Car low on charge after work day and groceries in cold weather then an emergency and you car can't go cause it has to charge. The only way in the short term they will get rid of gas engines is to make a BS government mandate eliminating them by law. Fuck that.
View Quote

Your rural life has been determined to be detrimental to the Earth mother, so you will be relocated to one of our finest remaining urban centers in order to increase your efficiency.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wouldn't something like this be covered under the Magansen-Moss Act?
View Quote

They got completely around it

A new case will have to brought to the Supreme Court
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Heck, in high density populations where are all these "charging outlets" going to be???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like you have to plug these things in every hour of every day.

*Unplug

Leave your house.

Drive 3 miles to Home Depot

*Plug in

Go across the street to get Pho

*Plug in

Run a mile down the road to the ABC

*Plug in

Drive 3 miles home

*Plug in

I mean... is that how you guys imagine this works?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm not saying I don't believe you but there's no way those cells are like new. The first gen Prius used Lithium ion batteries, like what's in most cellphones. I've had to replace my phone battery every couple years because the life goes to shit. It's just the nature of the chemistry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife's Prius is 10 years old with close to 90,000 miles and the battery health is fine.

Replacement ICE's aren't cheap either and aren't getting any cheaper, however batteries will only become cheaper.
He didn't say it was "like new", he said it was "fine".  He's probably right.  I had a 2005 Prius for 12 years and amassed 243k miles on it.  Aside from the fact that it was nearly maintenance free (oil changes, tires, one new set of brake pads at 200k, one new lead acid aux battery at 180k) the main battery was fine.

Toyota engineers smartly figured out a way to take care of the NiMH battery during its use so that its livespan is every long.  In short, it never charges more than 80% and never discharges less than 40%.  I am less familiar with the first gen Prius, but he didn't claim he had that generation.  Unless I missed it, in which case I apologize.

I bet you don't do that with your smartphone.  Some people drain their smartphone batteries all the time and then complain that they don't get good battery life.  That's the best way to kill it.  Taking care of the battery properly will lengthen the lifespan dramatically.  That's also the nature of chemistry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll figure that out once everyone is ride-sharing from their 1000ft2 apartment in a 100,000 unit complex.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right next to the spot you park your car at night.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's a Tesla issue. Not a concept of technology issue.

I'm not promoting Tesla as a company, but rather electric cars as a concept.
View Quote
I have no issue with EV's as a concept and if they help advance technology and gives people more options and more choices and
people want to buy EV's for commuting and whatnot, I think that's a good thing.
I have a HUGE problem with it being forced down our throats by government and banning the sale of all ICE's because they know
what's best for us.
Why is being able to make your own choice in this country met with such hostility? You like EV's. I like ICE's. Why can't we both co-exist
in the same economy?

eta: typos
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legislation over the last 16 years killed off the possibility of going to diesel and using diesel electric hybrids. Now we are blindly nosediving in golf cart technology then pretending to be blind about the toxic waste it's going to produce.

No one is waiting for the technology to be improved, ram it down America's throat, make the money, then walk away when your ass deep in the shit. That's the new American political system.

Sounds familiar...
https://daily.jstor.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/aral_sea_1050x700.jpg
https://cdn.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/arsenic_poisoning.jpeg

I understood that reference gif
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have no issue with EC's as a concept and if they help advance technology and gives people more options and more choices and
people want to buy EC's for commuting and whatnot, I think that's a good thing.
I have a HUGE problem with it being forced down our throats by government and banning the sale of all ICE's because they know
what's best for us.
Why is being able to make your own choice in this country met with such hostility? You like EC's. I like ICE's. Why can't we both co-exist
in the same economy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a Tesla issue. Not a concept of technology issue.

I'm not promoting Tesla as a company, but rather electric cars as a concept.
I have no issue with EC's as a concept and if they help advance technology and gives people more options and more choices and
people want to buy EC's for commuting and whatnot, I think that's a good thing.
what's best for us.
Why is being able to make your own choice in this country met with such hostility? You like EC's. I like ICE's. Why can't we both co-exist
in the same economy?

I'm not gonna argue on a single point with you there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I love how people think electric vehicles are part of a grand Must Comply enslavement scheme.

How much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to generate your own electricity at home?

Comparatively, how much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to synthesize gasoline at home?

Cord cutters and off the grid types should be delighted by electric vehicles. They open up so many more possibilities for you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
OK. But can you actually buy any of those parts?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
How is the used car market depreciating these cars with regard to "battery life remaining"?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The new batteries Tesla is making can be recycled, and the price will come down.
View Quote

"Recycled" doesn't mean what you think it means in this context.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

More likely that gasoline and diesel will be priced into oblivion. $10-20/gallon, through taxation and market forces. The number of fuel stations and availability will decline and 80 mile commutes will be unsustainable with ICE vehicles. You can keep you ICE vehicle, but can you afford to operate it? Most of us can’t refine our own fuel. At that point people will have some decisions to make about where live and work and what they drive. Particularly those with jobs that require a physical presence.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

*Unplug

Leave your house.

*Plug in

*Plug in

*Plug in

Drive 3 miles home

*Plug in

View Quote

Let's say you live in NYC........where are all the plugs going to be?

Not everyone has a garage and driveway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

EVs are the future. I know I'll miss ICE but it doesn't change reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EVs are the future. I know I'll miss ICE but it doesn't change reality.
Idk figure 200,000 miles. An oil change 10,000 miles that's 20 at $50 each is $1,000

brakes every 50,000 miles that 4 I can do them for $300 so that's $1,200.

Round up to $2,500 for those things over the life of my vehicle.

And EVs still have brakes. And a lot have more problems even before their time just because of lack of use. Stuff stuck up and froze pads delaminating from backing etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
As a lover of cars, motorcycles, and airplanes... I understand the positives of EVs, but they will never have a "soul" like many ICEs do... the same way that no matter how close they get at guitar amplifier digital modeling, it will never have that same mojo of a glowing, imperfect, but each very unique vacuum tube. That's my personal viewpoint. Tesla's and other performance EV cars can accellerate at STUPID rates that will push you back in your seat. But if you've ever watched a [preferrably V8/V10/V12 era] Formula One race, and then watch a Formula E race... the latter still sounds like toy slot cars racing around a track. There's no magic or mojo in any EV car... and that's unappealing to car guys. Think of Porsches from the 50s through the 80s, or a Ferrari of a similar era, or an old radial or P-51 Merlin airplane engine... there are seemingly magical things about these old classics. it is doubtful that there will ever be EVs that inspiring. But of course, soccer moms and many cubical or home office drones don't give a shit about cars, other than commuting or just a staus symbol... and that will only become truer as time marches on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most people who live in NYC don't own a car anyway, so...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah, everyone lives in a house with a driveway and/or garage.

Here's where I lived in the early 80's.............

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He didn't say it was "like new", he said it was "fine".  He's probably right.  I had a 2005 Prius for 12 years and amassed 243k miles on it.  Aside from the fact that it was nearly maintenance free (oil changes, tires, one new set of brake pads at 200k, one new lead acid aux battery at 180k) the main battery was fine.

Toyota engineers smartly figured out a way to take care of the NiMH battery during its use so that its livespan is every long.  In short, it never charges more than 80% and never discharges less than 40%.  I am less familiar with the first gen Prius, but he didn't claim he had that generation.  Unless I missed it, in which case I apologize.

I bet you don't do that with your smartphone.  Some people drain their smartphone batteries all the time and then complain that they don't get good battery life.  That's the best way to kill it.  Taking care of the battery properly will lengthen the lifespan dramatically.  That's also the nature of chemistry.
View Quote
We got my youngest daughter a 2006 Prius. Main Battery needed to be replaced at 230k - I think it was around $1200. Sucker runs like a top other than the weird dash light problem.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Unplug

Leave your house.

*Plug in

*Plug in

*Plug in

Drive 3 miles home

*Plug in

Pretty sure people living in Manhattan don't leave their cars at gas stations either.

Of the people in NYC that have cars and that have garages or parking garage spots can charge them there. For people that street park only, they can take an hour each week to charge up? Just like getting gas, it just takes a little longer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I love how people think electric vehicles are part of a grand Must Comply enslavement scheme.

How much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to generate your own electricity at home?

Comparatively, how much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to synthesize gasoline at home?

Cord cutters and off the grid types should be delighted by electric vehicles. They open up so many more possibilities for you.
View Quote

This guy gets it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do these types of batteries go to hell like typical ones do if left sitting around unused?
View Quote

I believe they are just using a bunch of 18650 cells.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top