Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2020 2:38:39 PM EDT
"Composting “is a fabulous option,” University of Tennessee environmental microbiologist Jennifer DeBruyn, who did not participate in the research, tells Science News. The approach has long been used to process animal carcasses, she notes. “The idea of applying it to humans, to me, as an ecologist and someone who has worked in composting, it just makes perfect sense, honestly.”

Yeah, wonder how many ex-boyfriends of hers that have gone missing...

It Takes Less Than 30 Days to Compost a Human Body

"Recompose’s recipe includes woodchips, alfalfa, and straw grass. A body is placed in a closed vessel with these materials and rotated slowly to encourage microbial breakdown of the tissues. In a month’s time, the composted material—a couple cubic yards of bone-riddled soil that meets EPA safety standards—is made available to relatives, who can spread it in their garden or use it to plant a tree."

Some science articles by women give me the creeps. Just sayin

"Lynne Carpenter-Boggs, a soil scientist at Washington State University in Pullman who led the small trial of six volunteers, found that the bodies got warm during the composting process—stabilizing at around 55 °C (131 °F) for some time. “We are certain that there has been a destruction of the vast majority of [disease-causing organisms] and pharmaceuticals because of the high temperatures that we reached,” she tells the BBC."

So how much did volunteers for this study get paid?

"DeBruyn adds to Science News that the heat generated during composting also helps destroy pathogens. Prions, however, are not killed by heat, Carpenter-Boggs adds, meaning that composting “wouldn’t be allowed for people who have diagnosed Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease,” she tells Science News...

Washington’s new law to add compositing as an acceptable means of human remains disposal goes into effect in May. Recompose plans to open for business soon. Colorado is currently considering legislation to legalize human composting, according to the BBC."

One step closer to Soylent Soilent Green...

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet the Chinese are doing this
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hungry pigs will do it faster.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, does that mean you get to keep the skull?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fact: You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I am morbidly curious about the whole process.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not speed the process with a chipper?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."

Beat
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't even read an article about dead bodies without reading some garbage about climate change.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fact: You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Disincorporation at 6000m/s is bestest disposal method... Inshallah.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Tigers are more efficient
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
That bitch Carole Baskins.

ETA beat by one post
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... thank you. That's a great weight off me mind.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
So, the tradition of Catholic Churches for hundreds of years in Italy actually worked.

Burry in “hallowed ground”.  Since the ground was used for composting humans, year after year - it had a very high bacterial count, plus being dug up repeatedly it probably had good aeration.  Then let the body sit till the plot was needed again.  Dig it up, sort out the bones, plant new corpse.   Bones were then moved to catacombs.

—-
Personally I liked the method used in Fargo - but that little tidbit of the movie was based on a true story and they caught the wood chipper operator.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]

I thought lime accomplished the same thing?

These people are mentally ill.

"It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people." --Chairman Shen-Ji Yang on The Recycling Tanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not playing funny on Snatch, pigs will leave little to nothing.  Shot a large pig, didn't find it till the next day, came back a week later worried about a smell it may make, no fur, no parts, no bones except for a single vertabre
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But what about dags? Do you like them?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.
View Quote

Now, morbid and creepifying, I’ve got no problem with.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But what about dags? Do you like them?
View Quote

Sure, I like dags. I like caravans more.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]
If they are going to pass a law legalizing this, there needs to be a provision in it that requires home sellers to disclose that they used human remains to fertilize their backyard tree.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re a weird, scary dude.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

My MityVac oil change pump seems highly inadequate now
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Just turn me into biochar. Much quicker and easier.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cee what you did there I do.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now, morbid and creepifying, I've got no problem with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, morbid and creepifying, I've got no problem with.

As long as she does it quiet like.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I worked in the dead stock business for 7 years.  A feedlot could take an animal  that died,  cut it open,  put it inside a wind row of manure and let it sit.

30 days later a 300 pound animal would be reduced to large bones and teeth.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Wrap the body in chicken wire with a couple cinderblocks and chuck it into the freshwater river of your choice. Catfish will eat the flesh and silt and sediment will cover up the bones in about a month.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If they are going to pass a law legalizing this, there needs to be a provision in it that requires home sellers to disclose that they used human remains to fertilize their backyard tree.
View Quote

"We spread my wife in the back yard. See this peach? It was her finest hour!"
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well... thank you. That's a great weight off me mind.
View Quote
From a movie
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Carpenter-Boggs/Carol Baskins ????
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Worked for Luke Perry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not true.

I have found the numbers to fall between 34 and 42.
View Quote

You're not getting the compost hot enough, need to make a bigger pile.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tigers too.

edit: Beat like a sassy hooker.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Plant wheat, make bread , eat,  … biblical
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow, thanks for that, it's a load off me mind. Now if you don't mind telling me who the fuck you are?? Apart from someone who feed people to pigs of course...
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#44]
SSS.

Add Lime
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Whats the best way to break down the bones?  Can you do that all in one shot?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thus the expression- as greedy as a pig!

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#48]
OP does not know enough about deep mine shafts in Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:47:44 AM EDT
[#49]
In a month’s time, the composted material—a couple cubic yards of bone-riddled soil that meets EPA safety standards—is made available to relatives, who can spread it in their garden or use it to plant a tree."
View Quote

Bone riddled soil?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long for a 255lb man? Will they consume the bones and skull as well? Asking for a friend.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top