Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2021 2:26:04 PM EDT
I've been having some millennial problems lately. This was a reminder to be grateful that I'm not a Japanese millennial. Being an American millennial is cake by comparison.

5 Most Annoying OUTDATED Business Rules in Japan

Click bait title aside, this dude has an interesting channel for people curious about Japanese culture, or just want to know why weebs are so obsessed with it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
ok boomer
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been having some millennial problems lately.
View Quote

As in, you're having problem with a Millennial, or you're a Millennial having Millenniall problems?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As in, you're having problem with a Millennial, or you're a Millennial having Millenniall problems?
View Quote

lol I also read it that way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

A millennial having millennial problems.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Japan will have to change certain aspects of their oddly and haphazardly Westernized culture or they'll implode. The suicide rate alone gives me pause - the low birth rate is also troublesome.

It's a sticky problem and it gives me more reasons to be really glad I live in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

such as?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hai Boomersan !!
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Boomers epitomized the "I'll die at my desk" concept.

Gen-X's claim to fame is "I'll work 12 hour days/6 days a week and drink, smoke, inject, or pop any substance to keep me working so I can finish my 3rd divorce with another childless marriage"

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gen-X's claim to fame is "I'll work 12 hour days/6 days a week and drink, smoke, inject, or pop any substance to keep me working so I can finish my 3rd divorce with another childless marriage"
View Quote

lol, no.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The Japanese salary life and temp labor spinoffs has little in common with US generational friction.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Low birth is partially a consequence of a messed up real estate market. Large number of empty houses yet prices at the very high level.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wew!  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#16]
That fucking guy should quit YouTube and go be a stewardess for spirit airlines
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Japan will be just fine.  Very few families produce citizens like George Floyd or Trayvon.

In Japan, only ~2% of babies are born to unwed mothers.  In the US, it's almost half.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Low birth is partially a consequence of a messed up real estate market. Large number of empty houses yet prices at the very high level.
View Quote
They don't have a free market system, the real estate is highly controlled by the government and land owners. Huge swaths of Japan farmland has been abandoned because there are no young people following their elders, and they become fallow. Same thing is happening China. The Chicom govt has raised the max children per couple to 3, but it is "too little too late," they are walking down the same path as Japan.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Japan will have to change certain aspects of their oddly and haphazardly Westernized culture or they'll implode. The suicide rate alone gives me pause - the low birth rate is also troublesome.

It's a sticky problem and it gives me more reasons to be really glad I live in the USA.
View Quote
Yeah, where we’ll soon be out-voted by 3rd Worlders. Yay!
At least they still have their culture.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Japan will have to change certain aspects of their oddly and haphazardly Westernized culture or they'll implode. The suicide rate alone gives me pause
View Quote

Yeh, that's kind of the stereotype of Japan - Not sure that the actual statistics bear it out.

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeh, that's kind of the stereotype of Japan - Not sure that the actual statistics bear it out.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Homicide_and_Suicide_Rate_by_Country.svg/2000px-Homicide_and_Suicide_Rate_by_Country.svg.png
View Quote

Man, them former CCCP countries winning the medal count hard on suicide rates...
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Man, them former CCCP countries winning the medal count hard on suicide rates...
View Quote

Rather horrifying. In my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
JFC...couldn't make it more than 6 minutes...he needs to stop with the FUCKING CONSTANT frame movements in and out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm banking that guy isn't straight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#25]
so is Japans demographic problem worse than China?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kind of attribute it to "hypermetropolozation" (You heard it here 1st).  Japan's massive, dense cities & extremely high cost of living, combined with their cultural pressures & expectations...it has to be crushing. So there they are, with young men becoming permanent basement dwellers, marrying robot dolls, & buying used girls underwear out of vending machines. You'd think there'd be some national introspection.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

such as?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

such as?

Nobody laid out the red carpet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#28]
In-spite of being technologically advanced, Japan is culturally very out dated. They can be incredibly racist and sexist.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
JFC...couldn't make it more than 6 minutes...he needs to stop with the FUCKING CONSTANT frame movements in and out.
View Quote
Yes. His speech tempo and word emphasis, gestures, and video editing, leads to an incredibly aggravating viewing experience.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#30]
HRT shortage?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#31]
For some of you youngins, back in the early 90s it was thought that Japanese efficiency was going to make them a world power. We'd all be speaking Japanese and using the Yen. We even got these two movies that capitalized on the fear. But their work force aged quite a bit, they also suffer from high inflation. This caused their GDP to be pretty flat from the 90s on. So maybe they will try again in a few decades.

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#32]
They also banned used underwear vending machines which is highly correlated with their economy's sluggishness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burusera
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In-spite of being technologically advanced, Japan is culturally very out dated. They can be incredibly racist and sexist.
View Quote

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all.

If a culture wants to be xenophobic, they have that right and privilege.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all.

If a culture wants to be xenophobic, they have that right and privilege.
View Quote

The PC term for that is homogenous society. It's why all the great ideas that work in Japan would never work in America. Use that word next time some says- we should try like Japan does to...
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They also banned used underwear vending machines which is highly correlated with their economy's sluggishness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burusera
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Homicide_and_Suicide_Rate_by_Country.svg/2000px-Homicide_and_Suicide_Rate_by_Country.svg.png

Former ?  Uh, I'm not sure Belarus has received the memo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#37]
They’re not going to solve a lot of their problems if they don’t force managers to start testing employees like human beings. It’s hard to have a family and make babies if you have to be at work by 7:00 before the boss shows up, go out drinking with him and pretend to like it after you get out of work at 7 in the evening, drag yourself home and get ready to do it again the next day.

And they aren’t going to address their demographic issue through mass immigration, which means that at some point something is going to have to give.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top