Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2019 9:47:41 PM EDT
I'm looking for a set of full doors I can swap between a CJ7 and YJ, and came across these....

They're not marked, are fiberglass with glass windows, and have no hinges.  I assume you just drill them for a set of standard hinges, but will the latches line up correctly with the stock YJ hasps?

Anyone familiar with these particular doors?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen them. Maybe off some kind of aftermarket hard top/tub setup? No roll down windows would probably irritate me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Those look like they are meant to fit a hard top...you'll likely run into fitment issues if you have a soft top.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Plan is to run with a hardtop....
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve seen those- JC Whitney sold them for years. They’ll fit a YJ, just make sure to get them lined up perfect to mark the hinge placement.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Hinge placement should be the same, latch will have to be replaced with YJ style. CJ doors should be a direct fit except for latch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like a nightmare to get aligned when you do have to drill the hinges.

Unless those are close to free, I'd keep looking for someone getting rid of factory doors.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Those look like Acme hard doors. They were an aftermarket manufacturer of hard tops and offered doors as well. The handles look to be in about the same position as the OEM 1976-1981 CJ-7 and CJ-8 hard doors with rotary handles. But they look like they must use some proprietary post that mounts to the door opening of the tub. Without that, I am not sure how useful they may be.

The 1982-1986 CJ-7 and CJ-8 and 1987-1995 YJ Wrangler use hard doors with paddle handles that latch to a post that mounts to the tub near the top of the rear of the door opening in the tub. Depends on how much they can be had for and how handy you are, but those look like they might be more work than they are worth on a late CJ or YJ.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like a nightmare to get aligned when you do have to drill the hinges.

Unless those are close to free, I'd keep looking for someone getting rid of factory doors.
View Quote
I had a couple of CJs and factory doors off another jeep was bad enough.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's your door latch

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, getting them aligned would be my biggest concern.  I know factory full doors are $400-600, I *might* be able to get these for $150.  I don't really mind fabbing up the hinges, but I'd have to allow enough play with the bolts to make sure everything lines up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd almost rather just get full soft doors than screw with lining up latches and hinges.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Those look like ACME doors with the bottom window solid.

ETA: I see somebody already mentioned that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is a thread that may be relevant to the OPs interests: CJ7 people with Acme doors... Couple questions.

Looks like Acme used Eberhard slam latches. These look like striker plates you would need: EMC 206-15X EXCEL

Attachment Attached File

I don’t think that fitting the doors would be that big of an issue. It’s a CJ/YJ after all. I like the idea that these doors won’t rust. And the OEM steel doors have their own problems.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a CJ and they don't look like they'd fit to me, the window frame lines don't look right, the CJ is closer to 90 degrees.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Look like the doors off my 87 hardtop wrangler.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a CJ and they don't look like they'd fit to me, the window frame lines don't look right, the CJ is closer to 90 degrees.
View Quote
The basic outline looks the same to me.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top