Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Why isn't it the EMT (Extreme Military Truck)?

Were I Lee Iacocca, I'd fire whomever screwed up the initial designation. That's the type who leaves Coke
cans inside the door panel.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) has placed an order for militarized Toyota Land Cruisers, Hiluxes and Ford Rangers to use as low-profile but battle-survivable field vehicles. That’s provided the prototypes pass muster in military evaluations, of course.

Defense contractor Battelle of Columbus, Ohio has been awarded up to $170 million to build “as many as 556 vehicles—396 armored and 160 unarmored—with most of them consisting of the Toyota Land Cruiser models 76 and 79,” Military Aerospace reports.

This is from a 2016 Article. I noticed nobody asked for a Jeep.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?  I can think of a lot better things to buy for $100K+++
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Did I make it in before the mall crawler comments from Prius and 2 wheel drive truck owners that think off-roading is just a gravel road?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the mall crawler comments from Prius and 2 wheel drive truck owners that think off-roading is just a gravel road?
View Quote
Clearly you have never been to a Gambler 500 event. 2 wd does not stop anyone
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it come with factory Punisher stickers and those dumb plastic frowny eyebrow things over the headlights!?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's all I ever see jacked up jeeps at. The mall and maybe Starbucks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it come with factory Punisher stickers and those dumb plastic frowny eyebrow things over the headlights!?
View Quote
That comes in the up armored version.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
No surprise this is on the drawing board since all the soft skin HMMWVs that were in support roles are rapidly dwindling from the military's inventory except the lightly armored M997A2 and new A3 ambulances.

The uparmored HMMWVs and JLTVs are too busy carrying armor to handle things like commo shelters.

This thing would end up being in the same role as the old CUCVs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should go offroading sometime, you would see plenty of them on the trails. Stop spending all your time at Starbucks and the mall and you can see all sorts of neat stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it have to be extreme? How about just the MGT?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]
More pictures, including pics of it at a military equipment expo at Jeep Gladiator Forum.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-gladiator-xmt-light-tactical-vehicle-announced-by-fca-and-am-general.23026/
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You should go offroading sometime, you would see plenty of them on the trails. Stop spending all your time at Starbucks and the mall and you can see all sorts of neat stuff.
View Quote
Sorry Sonny I only pass those places. Hard not to notice jacked up jeeps with Rubicon stickers, snorkels - I guess that's the get through the water puddles in the parking lot - spare gas cans that are never used, and jacks mounted on the hoods that look like they've never been taken off.

Been off roading a lot in my life never seen any Jeeps. Plenty of Scouts, Blazers, Broncos no Jeeps
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd take one, as long as it had AC seats and a huge touch screen thing I can stream my apple phone to.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The recently divorced, trying to hold on to their youth housewives around here will love it.
View Quote
FIFY

TC
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry Sonny I only pass those places. Hard not to notice jacked up jeeps with Rubicon stickers, snorkels - I guess that's the get through the water puddles in the parking lot - spare gas cans that are never used, and jacks mounted on the hoods that look like they've never been taken off.

Been off roading a lot in my life never seen any Jeeps. Plenty of Scouts, Blazers, Broncos no Jeeps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. When you went wheeling last in the '70s there was no such thing as a Jeep YJ, TJ, JK, JL, or JT.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing, Grandma.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why isn't it the EMT (Extreme Military Truck)?

Were I Lee Iacocca, I'd fire whomever screwed up the initial designation. That's the type who leaves Coke
cans inside the door panel.
View Quote
He's dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Would rather have the top right one

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you done anything in the last 25 years?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Whatever this is, I saw 4 of them on a car carrier in Walton KY. They looked brand new too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
The only Jeep that I'm interested in:

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure thing, Grandma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing, Grandma.
My mom, who is a grandma, says he is wrong.

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And here we go, something comes along that the military wants and then most on here want it.
It doesn't matter what it looks like, just that the military wants it.
View Quote
I saw a standard one in the wild today. I just about flooded my truck with drool.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#27]
No.

Just no.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#28]
The top right is a Land Cruiser.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Guess everyone is trying to crossover their trucks into military use?  Saw some pics of a concept Ford Ranger online the other day plus found another pic of a different one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The top right is a Land Cruiser.
View Quote
I think it’s the Jeep with a LC based top.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i Like it, I’ve always wanted one of the j8 military Jeep trucks aev imported for a short time.
View Quote
Traded my clone in.

Now have gladiator ...

That I have to clone...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top