Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/26/2024 10:17:44 PM EDT
Last year my son was physically assaulted on the school bus. I advised my son to respond with violence but he’s not like me in that respect.

Based on the nature that my son was choked out by a kid with ADD who was unprovoked, I called and left a voicemail for the resident state trooper. Due to scheduled time off, I didn’t hear back from him for 1.5 days.

In the meantime, the next morning I spoke on the phone with the school principal about the assault and let him know that I’m waiting to hear back from the cops. He said he’d look into the matter and get back to me the same day. He also mentioned that the other kid had some intellectual problems and that he’d like to make some type of deal to smooth things over.

Later that same day last year the school principal called me and said that he had sat both boys down in the office and heard out both sides of the situation. He then sent them on their way and then spoke with both of the parents of the assailant and brought them up to speed on what happened.

The principal told me that the other parents were going to discipline their kid and he was hoping that was good enough for me. I agreed that it was. Another day later the cop returned my phone call and I told him that the principal handled the matter to my satisfaction and that his cop assistance wasn’t needed.

Roughly a year passes and then this week something happens. Doesn’t even involve my kid at all. Another kid has a grandfather who kicked the bucket this past weekend.
This little asshole kid with ADD notices the other kid is sad and pries for information. Then the ADD asshole kid weaponizes the info about the dead grandfather and makes the bereaved kid cry and become distraught because ADD asshole kid is saying things like the dead grandfather is a piece of shit and better off dead, even though this little asshole has never met the grandfather and really doesn’t know the bereaved family.

My son announced these happenings to my wife and I when he got off the bus. I know where that little ADD asshole lives and I drove to his parents house at 5pm. Knocked on the door and asked the mother if I could please speak to the father. Both parents were white, red hair and brown hair.

Both parents heard me out while I told them what happened (was this Tuesday) and that I really feel their child has expressed inappropriate behavior and that i’d appreciate it if they’d discuss the matter with their son. I also mentioned that I was saddened that their son would do such a thing today after I thought they straightened him out last year after the principal spoke with them about when their son choked my son out on the bus.

Both parents dropped their jaws and responded that this was the first time that they heard about any physical altercation last year and that the school principal never contacted them at all about their son assaulting my son. They had no idea that it had happened.

I had a sudden realization that last year the school principal had a choice between covering up the incident or doing the right thing and the associated paperwork. Unfortunately the principal chose to lie to me about his management of the situation to make me go away. Wow!

I’ve been told today that many parents at the baseball field have a problem with both the Superintendent and the Principal and that there’s a movement from an organized group of parents that want to fire both of those administrators.

Next week I have a meeting with the Superintendent to discuss the lie told to me by the Principal. They don’t know yet why I’m coming in. My concern is that if the Principal has lied to me about such a small matter, what other matters may exist about his integrity? I was also told today by another parent that these two administrators have been sticking up for each other.

What advice do you have for me?
My kids don’t want to leave the public school because of their friends but my wife would happily withdraw them and homeschool them again. I’m not looking to run from this problem and would prefer that other parents learn about what happened to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Run for school board
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the parents hair color have to do with the story?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m ADD for sure, but an asshole with less frequency.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You inserted yourself in something that had absolutely nothing to do with you?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
View Quote

Keeps the usual players from guessing ethnicity
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Good Luck
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
Another day later the cop returned my phone call and I told him that the principal handled the matter to my satisfaction and that his cop assistance wasn’t needed.

View Quote

Recontact the cop and find out if you can still press charges
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think that principal is going to change his behavior based on your concerns.

He is a liar and a manipulator.  Goad him into saying the wrong thing in front of his boss.  Bonus points if you can get a threat out of him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Get your kids into martial arts. It sounds like no one is going to protect them but themselves.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you 100% sure the kid's parents weren't lying to you?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Joe_Pennsy:

Recontact the cop and find out if you can still press charges
View Quote

Burn it to the ground and nuke it from orbit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Inferior to blonde hair which is supreme.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
How do you know the other kids parents aren't lieing? Maybe they're just playing dumb to cover for their POS kid.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Talk to the superintendent and then bring the incidents up at the next board of education meeting. Demand the board members make a motion to vote to remove both principal and/or superintendent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Do not meet one on one with the superintendent.

Bring the information up in a public board meeting so that everyone knows. If the superintendent and the principal are not doing a good job for the students then this information needs to become public knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#16]
ADD doesn’t make kids a POS, shitty parenting does.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to public school. Usually staffed by spineless ivory tower types.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKFF] [#18]
Alaska is a one party state.  I would put my iPhone on audio record, do an unannounced visit to speak to the principal.

I would tell him I’m coming by to thank him for how he handled the matter last year and just say out loud what he said happened. Get him to confirm that’s what he said.  Then tell him you’re story about talking to the other parents.  Ask him why he would tell you something so clearly that never happened.

Then I would post it on YouTube, next door, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, the local deli etc etc
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Last year my son was physically assaulted on the school bus. I advised my son to respond with violence but he's not like me in that respect.

Based on the nature that my son was choked out by a kid with ADD who was unprovoked, I called and left a voicemail for the resident state trooper. Due to scheduled time off, I didn't hear back from him for 1.5 days.

In the meantime, the next morning I spoke on the phone with the school principal about the assault and let him know that I'm waiting to hear back from the cops. He said he'd look into the matter and get back to me the same day. He also mentioned that the other kid had some intellectual problems and that he'd like to make some type of deal to smooth things over.

Later that same day last year the school principal called me and said that he had sat both boys down in the office and heard out both sides of the situation. He then sent them on their way and then spoke with both of the parents of the assailant and brought them up to speed on what happened.

The principal told me that the other parents were going to discipline their kid and he was hoping that was good enough for me. I agreed that it was. Another day later the cop returned my phone call and I told him that the principal handled the matter to my satisfaction and that his cop assistance wasn't needed.

Roughly a year passes and then this week something happens. Doesn't even involve my kid at all. Another kid has a grandfather who kicked the bucket this past weekend.
This little asshole kid with ADD notices the other kid is sad and pries for information. Then the ADD asshole kid weaponizes the info about the dead grandfather and makes the bereaved kid cry and become distraught because ADD asshole kid is saying things like the dead grandfather is a piece of shit and better off dead, even though this little asshole has never met the grandfather and really doesn't know the bereaved family.

My son announced these happenings to my wife and I when he got off the bus. I know where that little ADD asshole lives and I drove to his parents house at 5pm. Knocked on the door and asked the mother if I could please speak to the father. Both parents were white, red hair and brown hair.

Both parents heard me out while I told them what happened (was this Tuesday) and that I really feel their child has expressed inappropriate behavior and that i'd appreciate it if they'd discuss the matter with their son. I also mentioned that I was saddened that their son would do such a thing today after I thought they straightened him out last year after the principal spoke with them about when their son choked my son out on the bus.

Both parents dropped their jaws and responded that this was the first time that they heard about any physical altercation last year and that the school principal never contacted them at all about their son assaulting my son. They had no idea that it had happened.

I had a sudden realization that last year the school principal had a choice between covering up the incident or doing the right thing and the associated paperwork. Unfortunately the principal chose to lie to me about his management of the situation to make me go away. Wow!

I've been told today that many parents at the baseball field have a problem with both the Superintendent and the Principal and that there's a movement from an organized group of parents that want to fire both of those administrators.

Next week I have a meeting with the Superintendent to discuss the lie told to me by the Principal. They don't know yet why I'm coming in. My concern is that if the Principal has lied to me about such a small matter, what other matters may exist about his integrity? I was also told today by another parent that these two administrators have been sticking up for each other.

My kids don't want to leave the public school because of their friends but my wife would happily withdraw them and homeschool them again. I'm not looking to run from this problem and would prefer that other parents learn about what happened to me.
View Quote
Time to involve a lawyer and go after the principal
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
BJJ and homeschool.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 80085:
Do not meet one on one with the superintendent.

Bring the information up in a public board meeting so that everyone knows. If the superintendent and the principal are not doing a good job for the students then this information needs to become public knowledge.
View Quote

This. If the Principal and Superintendent are covering for each other then the safest bet is to out them in front of the board. Also sounds like many parents will help to back your argument in front of the board.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tveddy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tveddy:

...I noticed that the kid's hair color is strangely absent...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

One of them has no soul (redhead)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Baseball bat, something something......................principal

I'd be pissed
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Be honest about what you know for a fact. Don't present information you don't know for a fact without stating how and when you learned the information. Don't present assumptions. Be prepared that the principal could have a record of what happened, it could be false, but the ADD kids parents would likely need to voluntarily come forward.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#26]
You don’t actually know the principal lied to you— you’re simply choosing to believe the parents instead of him.  Not sure that’s a smart assumption.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#27]
This op!
True Detective season 2: Colin Farrell beats "Ass-pen" father
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Go in dry.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Im_Awake:

View Quote

No way- the parents of problem kids never could do such a thing!

Also quite likely- they forgot, because they get contacted weekly about problems with their kid, and they totally have stopped listening a long time ago….
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SpeedYellow:
You don’t actually know the principal lied to you— you’re simply choosing to believe the parents instead of him.  Not sure that’s a smart assumption.
View Quote

Yeah, parents may have lied about it to cover for their bad parenting. It’s probably not the kids fault anyway it’s his shit head parents.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Twice before when the parents had black hair and not white skin, those parents denied that their kids did anything at all, let alone anything wrong. That’s why I mentioned that these parents looked Irish by their hair color, because they accepted responsibility and acted like they gave a shit. That’s why. Does that make sense to you? @GilTPayne
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AKFF:
Alaska is a one party state.  I would put my iPhone on audio record, do an unannounced visit to speak to the principal.

I would tell him I’m coming by to thank him for how he handled the matter last year and just say out loud what he said happened. Get him to confirm that’s what he said.  Then tell him you’re story about talking to the other parents.  Ask him why he would tell you something so clearly that never happened.

Then I would post it on YouTube, next door, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, the local deli etc etc
View Quote

Take it to a lawyer.

I would ask the officer if the state has mandatory reporting for those type of incidents. If it wasn't reported by the school through proper channels that should be looked into.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Concentricity] [#33]

View Quote

No. But they seemed sincere and concerned compared to snarky and ignorant. You can smell those ignorant types from a mile away when they open their mouths.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Also quite likely- they forgot, because they get contacted weekly about problems with their kid, and they totally have stopped listening a long time ago….
View Quote

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#35]
That hair could be dyed bro.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Twice before when the parents had black hair and not white skin, those parents denied that their kids did anything at all, let alone anything wrong. That’s why I mentioned that these parents looked Irish by their hair color, because they accepted responsibility and acted like they gave a shit. That’s why. Does that make sense to you? @GilTPayne
View All Quotes

Of course, it just seemed anomalous to mention it.

I get where you are coming from though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I would love to know where: "MP" is located???
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Concentricity] [#38]
Originally Posted By Primecube:

I would love to know where: "MP" is located???
View Quote

It is a State or Territory of the USA. Does that really matter though? It’s just a false location because I’m ashamed of my State for all of the anti-gun legislation that comes from it. Doesn’t make me any less of a freedom loving person than you. So why look down on me for that? @Primecube
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:

100%.  

One of the advantages of working a career in one area.  You got to see those same problem kids, whose in denial shitbird parents always covered for them, raising their own meth addicted babies…. entirely as predicted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaFan64] [#40]
Stick it to that bastard.  He’s going to argue that the parents are lying.  Might be a good idea to see if they could come along where they can refute the principal when he pulls that out of his ass.  If he has that many complaints, he’ll likely be gone, but if enough hell isn’t raised they’ll just move him to another school.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Concentricity] [#41]
Originally Posted By XDONX3:

Yeah, parents may have lied about it to cover for their bad parenting. It’s probably not the kids fault anyway it’s his shit head parents.
View Quote

I’ve definitely seen examples of kids labeled with ADD whose parents use that label as an excuse for their childs’ abhorrent behavior when it would be more appropriate for said parent to smack the shit out of the kid. Never heard of ADD back when I was little. Kids were either normal, retarded or in Juvie. Mostly normal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Last year my son was physically assaulted on the school bus. I advised my son to respond with violence but he’s not like me in that respect.

Based on the nature that my son was choked out by a kid with ADD who was unprovoked, I called and left a voicemail for the resident state trooper. Due to scheduled time off, I didn’t hear back from him for 1.5 days.

In the meantime, the next morning I spoke on the phone with the school principal about the assault and let him know that I’m waiting to hear back from the cops. He said he’d look into the matter and get back to me the same day. He also mentioned that the other kid had some intellectual problems and that he’d like to make some type of deal to smooth things over.

The principal told me that the other parents were going to discipline their kid and he was hoping that was good enough for me. I agreed that it was. Another day later the cop returned my phone call and I told him that the principal handled the matter to my satisfaction and that his cop assistance wasn’t needed.

Roughly a year passes and then this week something happens. Doesn’t even involve my kid at all. Another kid has a grandfather who kicked the bucket this past weekend.
This little asshole kid with ADD notices the other kid is sad and pries for information. Then the ADD asshole kid weaponizes the info about the dead grandfather and makes the bereaved kid cry and become distraught because ADD asshole kid is saying things like the dead grandfather is a piece of shit and better off dead, even though this little asshole has never met the grandfather and really doesn’t know the bereaved family.

Both parents heard me out while I told them what happened (was this Tuesday) and that I really feel their child has expressed inappropriate behavior and that i’d appreciate it if they’d discuss the matter with their son. I also mentioned that I was saddened that their son would do such a thing today after I thought they straightened him out last year after the principal spoke with them about when their son choked my son out on the bus.

I’ve been told today that many parents at the baseball field have a problem with both the Superintendent and the Principal and that there’s a movement from an organized group of parents that want to fire both of those administrators.

Next week I have a meeting with the Superintendent to discuss the lie told to me by the Principal. They don’t know yet why I’m coming in. My concern is that if the Principal has lied to me about such a small matter, what other matters may exist about his integrity? I was also told today by another parent that these two administrators have been sticking up for each other.

My kids don’t want to leave the public school because of their friends but my wife would happily withdraw them and homeschool them again. I’m not looking to run from this problem and would prefer that other parents learn about what happened to me.
View Quote

I'd stay the fuck away from all those lunatics.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
About as much as the ADD bullshit
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
You were lied to due to S. O. P. Which doesn’t follow the manual because it throws a monkey wrench in their Gravy Train.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#45]
Originally Posted By SpeedYellow:
You don't actually know the principal lied to you  you're simply choosing to believe the parents instead of him.  Not sure that's a smart assumption.
View Quote
Wonder if ADD kid's parents have talked to principal after talking to OP
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Bring a lawyer.

You have more than 12 months to file suit in almost every jurisdiction.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Homeschool the kid....there is no way you could do worse than public education.
The whole thing is rigged to make your son a human vegetable that hates himself.

Buy him all the books he can read...a 22 rifle and some traps and turn him loose in the woods.

He'll be fine
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Of course, it just seemed anomalous to mention it.

I get where you are coming from though.
View Quote

Anomalous… you like big words! You must’ve gone to college or something. I’m off to Urban Dictionary to see what Anomalous means.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Anomalous… you like big words! You must’ve gone to college or something. I’m off to Urban Dictionary to see what Anomalous means.
View Quote

It's a Word from : "Half-Life"...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#50]

It is a State or Territory of the USA. Does that really matter though? It’s just a false location because I’m ashamed of my State for all of the anti-gun legislation that comes from it. Doesn’t make me any less of a freedom loving person than you. So why look down on me for that? @Primecube
View Quote

I don't look down on you at all!! And I understand where you're coming from Brother!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top