Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2021 10:46:40 AM EDT
NEVER use Gunbroker!!!!  They fraudulently charged me for a gun that didn't even sell - they even charged me sales tax!.  I've jumped through all of their hoops, filed a "non-paying bidder" report, just like they wanted.  To no avail.  They haven't even communicated with me other than automated responses.    F'n maddening!    Charged me $85 for nothing!  Gunbroker SUX!  I think they've been infiltrated by libtards.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
you don't post often, but when you do you post with FEELING.  I can appreciate that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
2003 account with less than 30 posts. How the hell do people accomplish that. I can't keep my mouth shut because I'm always posting something, whether here or other boards.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot alot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot alot.
View Quote

One more post brother. We know you can do it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

He might pull something posting that much.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I've requested NPB credits before; never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I shoot alot.
View Quote

Maybe instead of shooting alot, you should have reviewed the terms and conditions of gunbroker.

Also, you should post the evidence to support your post's accusations.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I like Gunbroker.  Currently have 2 6.5 Grendel Uppers and a 3-15 optic listed there.  Everything else I put there has sold well.  No issues.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a NPB and Gunbroker would not refund my fee. I don't use them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe instead of shooting alot, you should have reviewed the terms and conditions of gunbroker.

Also, you should post the evidence to support your post's accusations.
View Quote

Maybe instead of assuming I didn't, you should assume I did.  Also, I don't have to post sh!t as far as "evidence" bro.  Didn't know I was goin' to freakin' court by posting my opinion  And you wonder why I don't post that much.  Yeah, I don't miss this crap at all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NEVER use Gunbroker!!!!  They fraudulently charged me for a gun that didn't even sell - they even charged me sales tax!.  I've jumped through all of their hoops, filed a "non-paying bidder" report, just like they wanted.  To no avail.  They haven't even communicated with me other than automated responses.    F'n maddening!    Charged me $85 for nothing!  Gunbroker SUX!  I think they've been infiltrated by libtards.
View Quote

Normally they make that charge to the credit card you have on file. Dispute it and you don't have to worry about giving those assholes a dime.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe instead of assuming I didn't, you should assume I did.  Also, I don't have to post sh!t as far as "evidence" bro.  Didn't know I was goin' to freakin' court by posting my opinion  And you wonder why I don't post that much.  Yeah, I don't miss this crap at all.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're not mind readers bro. Don't get upset when someone says something to you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, I never did get my money back from gunbroker, dude's check bounced, I got charged by MY bank also.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ll agree op. They have most definitely sucked since the sales tax bullshit. They’re a very expensive forum to sell on these days. In years past selling on there was a breeze and fairly inexpensive. I’ve noticed a hell of a lot less bargains on the broker since the whole tax thing also. Unless I can find it no where else gunbroker can f-ck off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#17]
How long ago did you report the non payer? They're kind of slow to deal with this but if you follow the steps you will generally get a refund. Also did you relist the item? If you don't relist the item they don't give you a credit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think I've ever had an issue with Gunjoker, but I've only ever bought things through them, I've never sold anything. I always buy from people with good feedback, just like you would do with Ebay or any similar site.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd love to know where all this tax is going to for these expensive items. Does the seller receive it for later claiming on his taxes or is it going to some GunBroker slush fund?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#20]
To get a credit for a NPB you have to send the notice at least four days after the auction ends, ten days after that claim it, AND you have to resist the item. I am guessing OP didn’t resist the item?

Gunbroker is packed full of dumbass non paying bidders but the company itself has treated me fairly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL I've tried to no avail to become a seller, there system says contact support and every time I do they send me something about taxes. It must be staffed with bots, I'd call your CC company dispute the charges and never use them again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
2003 account with less than 30 posts. How the hell do people accomplish that. I can't keep my mouth shut because I'm always posting something, whether here or other boards.
View Quote

I lurked here for 5-6 years before even making an account. Some people just don't feel like posting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LOL I've tried to no avail to become a seller, there system says contact support and every time I do they send me something about taxes. It must be staffed with bots, I'd call your CC company dispute the charges and never use them again.
View Quote
Depending on the card company you might get your account closed?

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I lurked here for 5-6 years before even making an account. Some people just don't feel like posting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told my dad about this site after I joined, which is almost five years ago. He visits as a guest, but doesn't want to register an account. Sure, I understand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#25]
In before Gunborker rant video.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I cancelled a purchase (10% fee from seller), but ended being more as GB doesn't refund state sales tax.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did same but have adapted.

OP, that sounds like BS. I have only sold on Armslist and that was when it was free.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#28]
let's hope Ammo Inc. fixes gunbroker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I do the gunbroker work for my local shop and all I can is Gunbroker Rocks!  Sure you have some issues but you get a very good price for the gun and often more then you would have asked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call your credit card company and issue a charge back.  Quit whining.

Yea, GB suxs a bowl of donkey dicks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#31]
GB's communication with their users is terrible. I had a non-paying bidder and it was a chore to get the fee erased, tons of emails before I finally got a response from a human, took me over a month. They did refund the charge and the sales tax.  Yeah, their back of the house needs some work. Other than one instance, I have no issues with them, the fees are reasonable, and they don't force you to use a payment system, verified users and the ability to kick/block a bidder with NR or a shitty rating is nice.

The positive is that you reach a lot of people and can sometimes get a lot more money. Their sales tax implementation is stinks though and has turned a lot of people off.

I lurked here for 5-6 years before even making an account.
View Quote

Me too. I was a member back in 2000/2001, went out of the country, forgot my password, and the email service I used was no longer good. Decided to join (again) when I retired, I don't like fishing lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#32]
It's not nicknamed GunPorker for nothing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can vouch for @NickGunar as he shitposts way too much. It’s maddening in fact. Get a life, Bro.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I never understood how post counts make people think they’re opinion means more than others.

I was always skeptical of gunbroker. Only bought one shotgun there and it was a basket case.  I’d hate to have to contact them for problems. Feels like a shitshow
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever had an issue with Gunjoker, but I've only ever bought things through them, I've never sold anything. I always buy from people with good feedback, just like you would do with Ebay or any similar site.
View Quote

It goes to the state.  Supreme Court case several years ago.  Sales tax has to be collected and remitted to the purchaser’s state taxing authority if there is sufficient nexus to the state (volume of sales) and the state has authorized collection from internet sales.  Most if not all have.  As the facilitator, GB has to collect and remit.

EDIT:  quoted wrong post. Intended to quote QwikKotaTX:

I'd love to know where all this tax is going to for these expensive items. Does the seller receive it for later claiming on his taxes or is it going to some GunBroker slush fund?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#37]
30 posts!  good work!

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#38]
You'll probably get your fees refunded.

I had a shit-bird non-paying bidder earlier this year and GB collected the fees from my CC. I jumped through the NPB hoops and they finally refunded me 3 1/2 months later.

Yeah, the system they have sucks. There was some recent notice that they intend to improve it. Can't recall where I saw it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I have bought some things and sold some things.

Some people I have to keep reminding to pay for items. They seem to think it means they have WEEKS to pay. Or it was an option to buy.

Most people do not leave feedback. So you have no idea what most people think of each other.

It is not like eBay and not that eBay is perfect.

They really should just mimic eBay.

And like anywhere there are scams.

I saw one pistol this week that was pictures of 2 different but similar pistols. Told Gunbroker and they did nothing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I shoot alot.
View Quote

Who or what is Alot and why are you shooting him/it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Supposedly GunBroker remits it to the state, and bills the seller for it.

As big as GunBroker is and the amount of money we're talking about I'm sure they are remitting it to this states that would be a major fraud if they weren't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I cancelled a purchase (10% fee from seller), but ended being more as GB doesn't refund state sales tax.
View Quote

Is that legal?

And yes, GB sucks.  I had a barrel for sale on GB and when it didn't sell I cross posted it on ebay.  I sold the barrel on ebay and before I pulled the GB listing someone hit "buy it now" there too.

I ended up finding the GB guy a barrel here on the forum since I felt like crap for not having what he bought on GB (he bought it directly from a member here) but I didn't get my money back on my GB fees.

If you don't relist the item, they make you pay.  In my case I didn't have the item to relist because I sold it elsewhere.

I just paid it because I didn't pull my listing before the guy hit buy it now, but it pissed me off at the total lack of communication I got from multiple attempts to contact someone on GB.

Won't be using them again to sell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve never had any issues with it. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So in effect, you sold the same item to 2 different people on 2 different sites.

Good thing it wasn't listed on AR15.com too.

Selling here and failing to complete the deal like you did on gunbroker would get you banned.
View Quote

Not purposely.  I listed it on GB and it sat for a long time with no interest, so I also listed on ebay with the intention of pulling one listing down if it sold at the other place.

Both had "buy it now" hit before I could pull one of the listings.

It was a Remington 700 223 barrel.  A lot of members here bought the 700's on clearance at Walmart and had them rebarreled to 300BLK (CDNN had AAC 300 BLK barrels on clearance as well, so was a great deal).

I called the GB buyer, and he was very understanding.  I expected negative feedback and I deserved it, but I felt like the right thing to do was to try to find him a barrel, so I put a WTB ad here and actually found him the same barrel cheaper than my "buy it now" price was, and he bought the barrel directly from the member here.  I told him if he wasn't happy with it I'd find him another one.

He got his barrel, said it was perfect, and I did the right thing, so I considered it a win-win.  You consider that "failing to complete a deal"?

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
He usually posts from one of his other accounts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Never had a problem with them but I buy maybe one gun a year from there, and almost never sell anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top