Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Dins on rings.  You won’t have any use for them anymore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take a few months of cold/snow for not having insects and reptiles that kill you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it was probably the Brown Sociable spider

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133053/W6aTyuR-735618.gif
View Quote
^C'mon man, that's a Brown Neil Pertus.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Need pictures of guns and wife to make a diagnosis.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not a brown recluse OP, you don't even feel them. I have a missing piece of flesh that got scraped out after the necrosis stopped that scarred over into a crater if you want to see what a real brown recluse bite looks like. I didn't even feel it when they were scraping the wound out, no anesthesia. It was completely numb and dead.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think it was a brown recluse.... they don't like being outside, especially "on a fake bloom"

Hint.... they are "reclusive"
View Quote
Yep, they like hiding "in" or "under" stuff

See them in the shop here and it's instant death for them. Them bastards can jump too. Tried smashing one with a wrench that I found inside the loader bucket on the Kubota. Never have moved my hand that fast ever since to shake it off
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It'll buff out, after you piss on it to establish dominance?
View Quote
And once you establish dominance, it’s yours and you can do with that dirty spider whatever you please.

IBTL
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's a word
View Quote
Well, how omnibvorescient of you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The pic is a Wolf spider.  Not venomous and doesn't normally bite unless really provoked but hurts like a bitch.

Brown Recluse is aggressive and bite doesn't hurt much if at all initially, the hurt comes later.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
No photo, huh?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#11]
At least you didn't get bit on your seam.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I doubt it!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
"Brown recluse spider bites often go unnoticed initially because they are usually painless bites."
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I was bit by a brown recluse doing construction on a fire job in KC.  The whole house was LOADED with them.  When I say loaded, i'm talking that you could walk through the house and see them.
Then the boss told his nephew and I to go start spraying killz in the basement.  We both looked at eachother like " I got your back if you got mine" and we went to work.   Killed 2 before we got to the bottom of the steps and started spraying the walls.
He pointed one out on the wall.  I tried to paint it into the wall but it disappeared from the spray pressure.  YEP, FUCK!!  what have I done moment.

That is probably not the one that got me but one of them did.  Bit me on the inside of my right calf.  Softball sized rainbow colored mark with two puncture marks in the middle.
Was partying over at the neighbors a couple days later and the guys wife was a nurse.  She stopped me dead in my tracks and asked me about it since i was wearing shorts.
I told her its probably a brown recluse bite.  She about lost her shit on me telling me I need to go into the hospital ASAP.
The perks of living in MN, we don't really have to deal with shit like that so I kind of ignored it.

Long story short, I didn't go in and i'm still waiting on my Spider-Man powers to kick in.  It healed up fine and didn't have any necrosis.

It took about a month and a half for the bruising to go away.  It was all kind of interesting colors.  yellow, pink, purple, blue, black, green.

Good LUCK.  Can I have your guns?

EDIT.  
This is EXACTLY what the house was infested with.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP has deceased?
If truly a brown recluse he could lose the finger.
Medical attention is required as the bite carries a necrotic venom, plus antibiotics will be required to deal with the following on infection.
View Quote
It's well known that most people who think they've been bitten by a recluse were NOT bitten by a recluse.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You made that word up. Nice work.
View Quote
Nope.  It's an actual word, used properly in a sentence.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, how omnibvorescient of you.
View Quote
Now you're being silly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
My uncle swears by putting meat tenderizer on recluse bites.
View Quote
Pulls out the protein like the poison has protein in it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but if you are wearing any rings on that hand, take them off.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The pic is a Wolf spider.  Not venomous and doesn't normally bite unless really provoked but hurts like a bitch.

Brown Recluse is aggressive and bite doesn't hurt much if at all initially, the hurt comes later.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
If you pee on your finger it will neutralize the acid that would otherwise melt the flesh from your hand.

We get them here all the time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The pic is a Wolf spider. Not venomous and doesn't normally bite unless really provoked but hurts like a bitch.

Brown Recluse is aggressive and bite doesn't hurt much if at all initially, the hurt comes later..
View Quote
Quoted for truth!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, they suck. Got bit above the knee and it swoll up, got super itchy and took months to finally go away.
View Quote
This.  Also, didn’t feel the bite, just the swelling
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I didnt feel my bite, just saw him crawling on my arm when I picked up a pile of laundry.  Smashed him and moved on.  An hour or two later, my bicep started to itch.

Got red and I could see the bite mark.  Well shit.  Off to the interwebs and tried all the home remedy stuff.  About 24 hours after the bite, my arm was swollen from shoulder to wrist, like a freakin balloon.  Purple about 6 inches around the bite.  Time to go to doc.

He put a steroid shot right throw the bite site.  Hurt like hell.  Told me that if I would have waited a few more hours I would have had to have skin graphs.

Healed up okay with just a few layers of skin sloughing off.  Nasty scar but that's it.

So, if it really was a brown recluse, dont wait around, go to doc or ER now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Things that didn't happen for $1,000 Alex.

Also, that is not a place a brown recluse would be.
View Quote
The fuck is this childishness.  If you don't believe a post, backspace, head on elsewhere else, don't take your 7th grade school yard antics to the discussions.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#26]
If you have Twitter, you can tweet a pic of the spider and the location to @RecluseOrNot and they will reply with what kind of spider it is. They even identify other types of recluses.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]
For those of you who think a BRS bite is no big deal, I knew a guy in Tallahasse, FL who lost his foot because he thought it was no big deal.
Go see a doctor, OP.

Oh and this post is worthless without pics, so here you go.

Fixed for brain fart.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Most don’t envenomate in a bite
View Quote
Instant burning pain probably means an envenomed bite from whatever it was.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Dibs on 401k/IRA
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
how would you not seem IMMEDIATE medical attention?

ETA dibs on optics.
View Quote
it's much more important to let everyone know
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The fuck is this childishness.  If you don't believe a post, backspace, head on elsewhere else, don't take your 7th grade school yard antics to the discussions.
View Quote
How about you mind your own business, nosy?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My uncle swears by putting meat tenderizer on recluse bites.
"Pulls out?"

No.

Meat tenderizer contains enzymes that denature the proteins that make up the venom.
Too bad it can't touch most of the venom - unless you are able to marinate the wound site overnight in the fridge.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For those of you who think a BRS bite is no big deal, I knew a guy in Tallahasse, FL who lost his foot because he thought it was no big deal.
Go see a doctor, OP.

https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50056/1001109094/original/this-terrifying-brown-recluse-bite-that-required-surgery-photo-u2?w=650&q=50&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

https://images.emedicinehealth.com/images/4453/4453-4474-10729-42552.jpg

Fixed for brain fart.
View Quote
Those are not a foot.

idonbelieveit.gif
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Reached for something containing sweet nectar, immediate burning pain, I was gonna guess a bee or wasp sting.
View Quote
Yep. They hang around feeders. Been stung a bunch by bees and wasps.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Those are not a foot.

idonbelieveit.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go see a doctor, OP.

https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50056/1001109094/original/this-terrifying-brown-recluse-bite-that-required-surgery-photo-u2?w=650&q=50&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

Fixed for brain fart.
Those are not a foot.

idonbelieveit.gif
Did I state that those pictures are of a foot? No.
But since you are hard of understanding,

THE FOLLOWING PHOTOGRAPHS ARE OF BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER BITES ON PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIVE IN TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA AND ARE PURELY USED AS EXAMPLES FOR PEOPLE WHO DISREGARD BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER BITES AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES CONSISTING OF DISFIGUREMENT, AMPUTATION AND DISABILITY.

Did you understand that, sugartits?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It’s touching how many of you think there is some sort of acute treatment for a brown recluse bite.
View Quote
There are a few
Whether or not they work, or are actually worse is up for debate.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Is the OP still alive?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got bit on the leg a year ago by one.

Leg throbbed and the area round the bite was red about 3-4" in diameter for 6 weeks until it went away.

Never turned black and rotted lucky for me
View Quote
Happened nto my dad.  He waited to go to the doctor, he finally went.  Doc said he was lucky any longer and they might have had to take his leg.  His calf was black as night.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Did I state that those pictures are of a foot? No.
But since you are hard of understanding,

THE FOLLOWING PHOTOGRAPHS ARE OF BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER BITES ON PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIVE IN TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA AND ARE PURELY USED AS EXAMPLES FOR PEOPLE WHO DISREGARD BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER BITES AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES CONSISTING OF DISFIGUREMENT, AMPUTATION AND DISABILITY.

Did you understand that, sugartits?
View Quote
Must be new here...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Did he died?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dibs on wife/girlfriend and vehicles
View Quote
Ooh! save his wallet for me!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I was bit by the New Zealand equivalent of black widow.

Attachment Attached File

It swelled a bit... (My elbow was the size of a tennis ball)  And it was hot, I had a fever and some cramps but was basically OK.  Since medical attention was a bit inconvenient I hit the internet and was an expert on venomous spiders by the end of the morning!  Saw a lot of images that were not helpful...

One thing I learned is that responses to spider bites vary a lot.  In my case, widow bites (Katipo in this case) are often painful but sometimes go full retard.  In which case there is antivenom that works fast.  So I waited it out and was uncomfortable but lived.  And while researching it found about the same for brown recluse bites.  Sometimes it's awful but typically it's just painful.  Some folks have suggested nitroglycerin patches as a way to prevent the vasoconstriction that is theorized to lead to necrosis.  Other people think that secondary infections are a cause of necrosis.  So who knows.

The good news is that alcohol is a vasodilator! So have a drink and relax.  It's what I did.  In fact I invented a drink that evening that I now call the "Redback" (Local name for the spider).  Bourbon with Contreau on the rocks with a squeeze of lime.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Go see a doctor, OP.

Fixed for brain fart.
View Quote
Was getting ready to post those. Those are real brown recluse bites.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are a few
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s touching how many of you think there is some sort of acute treatment for a brown recluse bite.
There are a few
Not really up for debate.  If you put them on dapsone better call heme onc... and maybe your lawyer. Wait, watch, then cut it out, once necrotic area stops enlarging. Or, as is far more likely, turns out to be nothing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I got bit a few times on my shoulder in my sleep.  It hurt for about a month and sucked to wear a shirt.  It just blistered a bit and scabbed over.  Benadryl and ice the area and see a doc and get some antibiotics.  No need to go to the ER, just see your GP or go to the walk-in clinic if you get bit.  But this all depends on your reaction to the bite.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Need pictures of guns and wife to make a diagnosis.
View Quote
Last screen name?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't know if we have brown recluses up here in southern Idaho. We have widows and hobo spiders, but I haven't seen any recluses. Normally, I don't mind critters, though I do hate mice when they're in my home.  However, my big ass had to crawl up underneath the house at 0900 this morning to pull some PEX pipe from the tacks it was sitting in (replacing outdoor faucet).  Of course, I have to go to the very farthest corner of the house to get to the faucet and pipe.

I didn't see one critter along the way, which I was thankful for.  When I got to that corner...HO-LEE-FUK.  That's why I didn't see any along the way, they were all posted in that damn corner, with their fucking eggs too!

Wasn't a damn thing I could do except pray I didn't get bit...However, I'm a cheapskate and I wasn't about to spend 400.00 on a plumber.

Thankfully, I did not get bit, but I did get both eyes filled with that wonderful fiberglass insulation shit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#48]
A friend was bitten by the BR.   He was 26.   What resulted was:  stroke, artificial heart valve,,,,,

5 years later the heart valve gives out and he died.   So,    good luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I call BS on it being a brown recluse. Not typical for their location and when I was bit I never felt it.

But you will know when it oozes puss for the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Here’s my bite after a little bit. I still have a hole in my leg where the muscle died off.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top