BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no desire to get mouth cancer or throat cancer or lung cancer or any of those other things that humans can get from smoking that crap.
View Quote

Good for you.
go shit somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah it's tough to beat a real Cuban Cohiba cigar
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the #9 and T52. For a shorter, casual stick, try the Papas Fritas. They’re about $6 and use the leftovers that don’t make it into the more expensive Liga cigars.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So you primarily get your thrills from crapping in threads about stuff you care little to nothing about?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no desire to get mouth cancer or throat cancer or lung cancer or any of those other things that humans can get from smoking that crap.
So you primarily get your thrills from crapping in threads about stuff you care little to nothing about?
It appears that way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Two posts above yours, he’s your guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of cigars... What happened with the Arfcom cigar?  There was a member here that was putting together a plan for possibly having a group buy.  I haven't heard anything new, and can't find the thread anymore.

Two posts above yours, he’s your guy.

Still on my to-do list.

It's been more difficult than I expected, without just being cheesy and taking a production cigar, putting a new band on it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m a sweet cigar guy.  I had a Deadwood sweet Jane, one of the best I’ve had

https://www.2guyscigars.com/themes/images/brandpages/DeadwoodYummyBitchesBP.jpg
View Quote

just stopped by my local shop for a sweet jane...had to settle for a Crazy A.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BLUF: Only suckers seek out and pay ridiculous prices for cubans.

90%+ of "cubans" available around the world are counterfeit.

When castro took over the tobacco farms, the growers took their seed and fucked off to Nicaragua, Dominica, etc.

New world cigars are every bit as good and often come from the same seed lineage as cubans.

But at the end of the day, cigar tastes are extremely individual, just like women and liquor. Find what you like and enjoy the fuck out of it.
View Quote

I wouldn’t say 90% around the world. In Spain there are very few counterfeits. In the Caribbean (outside Cuba) there are very few genuine Cuban cigars.

One of the frustrating things is that few non-Cuban cigars taste anything like Cubans, despite the fact that there’s a huge amount of knowledge in growing and rolling tobacco outside Cuba. Cubatabaco and Habanos don’t deserve its tobacco—everything is fucked up there and the quality control sucks. I wish rollers in Nicaragua and Florida had access to Cuban tobacco, because they would treat it how it deserves.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Still on my to-do list.

It's been more difficult than I expected, without just being cheesy and taking a production cigar, putting a new band on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of cigars... What happened with the Arfcom cigar?  There was a member here that was putting together a plan for possibly having a group buy.  I haven't heard anything new, and can't find the thread anymore.

Two posts above yours, he's your guy.

Still on my to-do list.

No problems.  Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite is the Camacho Triple Maduro.  It's always enjoyable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Solid choice.

Quoted:
LFD Digger maduro. Only catch is, you need a full meal and about 3 hours.

Good GOD. I didn't realize they made the Double Ligeros in a 8.5"x60. I love LFD double ligeros, and strong cigars in general, but I think I would be puking by the end of that. When I smoke LFD double ligeros, I mainly smoke the chisel-tips.

I love the Liga Privada series. I just wish everyone else hadn't figured out how good they are. It's exactly what happened with Blanton's, demand has sky-rocketed.

This thread was perfect timing. I got the notification that my box of Drew Estate x Pappy Van Winkle Flying Pigs was delivered today. VERY excited to try those out.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent sticks in Gordo size.  

Currently smoking a 5 Vegas Series A and drinking the last of a bottle of Blackened bourbon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
may be missing a few like cohiba, padron, bijou, LDF, etc. but these are my tier one smokes. FIGHT ME!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
may be missing a few like cohiba, padron, bijou, LDF, etc. but these are my tier one smokes. FIGHT ME!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/PXL_20220408_210647047_1_jpg-2342367.JPG
View Quote

Opus Lost City are one of my top 3 smokes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/PXL_20220408_210647047_1_jpg-2342367.JPG
View Quote

I enjoyed every one of these. You are correct.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice whats your other two?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never had a Liga Privada or anything from Drew Estates, that whole Flavors thing kinda put me off. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83325/9077A3A0-C960-4E06-9E65-8DA5D010BF6B-2022854.jpg

Never had a Liga Privada or anything from Drew Estates, that whole Flavors thing kinda put me off. What am I missing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83325/9077A3A0-C960-4E06-9E65-8DA5D010BF6B-2022854.jpg

You are missing nothing. When I first stared I smoked all kinds of flavored cigars. After a while I wouldn't smoke any of them, once in a great while I'll try one, but it's never good enough to make me want more.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
You need to try a Padron Family Reserve 50th if you like those two cigars, OP.

Link
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I just bought one yesterday along with some other sticks

Attachment Attached File

Finally had to reorganize the tupperdors a bit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me either.

That’s why I smoke cigars and pipes neither of which are inhaled and I smoke one or the other maybe once a week or less.

Statistically it’s not enough to make a difference.

All the cancer studies google will throw at you are daily smokers and they don’t even get lung cancer.

The more you know
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liga Privada and they're Undercrown line are damn good and not infused or flavored. They're very highly regarded typically with the #9 and the Undercrown 10 both being rated in the 90s
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

All are damn good sticks. The Melanio is higher rated than most cigars out there at 96
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read more, talk less. Its been shown in study after study that a typical cigar use shows no real increase in health concerns

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Liga Privada and they're Undercrown line are damn good and not infused or flavored. They're very highly regarded typically with the #9 and the Undercrown 10 both being rated in the 90s
View Quote

I don’t wander into a shop looking for new sticks to try. Most of my new stuff comes from friend recommendations. I know I miss out on quite a few good sticks, but I think I miss out on more high price mediocre  sticks with a big marketing push.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also from Drew Estates and not flavored are the Nica Rustica and Hererra Esteli lines. There are three different Herrera Esteli blends, and one for the Nica Rustica. They're all fantastic. Drew Estates got famous with their infused cigars, but their non-flavored stuff deserves more attention.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I just can't make myself smoke anything other than Caldwell's anymore. Long Live the King and The King is Dead are all I need in my humidor from now on. They typically burn good and the flavor is consistent from smoke to smoke.

IMO they are underpriced for what you get. Generally get them for about $11 each.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just can't make myself smoke anything other than Caldwell's anymore. Long Live the King and The King is Dead are all I need in my humidor from now on. They typically burn good and the flavor is consistent from smoke to smoke.

IMO they are underpriced for what you get. Generally get them for about $11 each.
View Quote

Check cigar page. They’ve got cheap caldwells. I got a bunch for basically $4 each. They’ve been hit or miss for me. The Eastern Standard was great. Like cream soda without the sugar but with a good bit of pepper on top. Odd but great.

I didn’t like the last czar at all. Tasted like of meaty. Just not my thing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Monica Lewinsky will have to verify that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opus X 20th anniversary edition “The blue” - specifically the OG release

2017 Davidoff Chefs edition

Some of my fuente collection. I have about 15-20k in cigars at anyone point in time currently.

At least till I build my new house.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The best I've had was a true Cohiba Maduro (in Aruba).

Just had a Liga Privada No9. A perfect burn. Just a simply fantastic smoke. Had other Ligas; they've all Ben good, but this one was excellent.

What's your best?
View Quote
Maybe your tastes are different than mine but true Cohibas aren't in the top 5 of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Authentic Habanos SA cigars are sublime. The catch is 99% of 'Cuban cigars' sold in the tourist locales are completely fake. You've got to know your source before you even get there or you'll quite likely unknowingly end up with fakes and come away with the feeling of "I don't see what the big deal is about Cubans?!"
View Quote
I have had real Cubans multiple times and sublime would not be my description of them.  Good cigars but far from great.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By

The truth is that the Hondurans and Nicaraguans are putting out a product that is just as good as what Cuba had in its prime.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You need to try a Padron Family Reserve 50th if you like those two cigars, OP.

Link
View Quote

The aged premium padrons simply can’t be beat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/021F1BE0-DA8D-440E-89FA-DB227E4C585C-2342678.jpg

Some of my fuente collection. I have about 15-20k in cigars at anyone point in time currently.

View Quote

Jesus Christ my man.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Check cigar page. They’ve got cheap caldwells. I got a bunch for basically $4 each. They’ve been hit or miss for me. The Eastern Standard was great. Like cream soda without the sugar but with a good bit of pepper on top. Odd but great.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the two I listed. Haven't had a bad one yet, although I don't smoke as much as much as some here, maybe 1 every other week, so I might have smoked 10-12 of each. All of them have burned good-great for me and I like the taste and aroma I get from them. I'll keep smoking them until they prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Unless it was marinated in Monica Lewinsky's pussy, it will always be second best
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the two I listed. Haven't had a bad one yet, although I don't smoke as much as much as some here, maybe 1 every other week, so I might have smoked 10-12 of each. All of them have burned good-great for me and I like the taste and aroma I get from them. I'll keep smoking them until they prove me wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been saving those two from the sampler I got. I’ll try them soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/021F1BE0-DA8D-440E-89FA-DB227E4C585C-2342678.jpg

View Quote

I prefer Maduros, but…

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Cigars > Wine
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Decided to have one of those Cohibas I posted earlier. Such an easy draw.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top