Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 4/9/2024 2:54:07 PM EDT
Arizona Supreme Court upholds 1864 law banning nearly all abortions

The pink hair mafia will be out stuffing ballot boxes this Nov.

I agree with the ruling. Maybe a bit hypocritical, but why couldn't this wait until 2025.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GI-45] [#1]
Voters can remove the restrictions through a ballot measure in November.
View Quote

Great. Maybe they'll put another marijuana legalization proposition on there too for good measure.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.
View Quote

They knew what they were doing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's like the trolley problem, except the train is currently running over babies while the empty track switch is labeled "Maybe lose elections."
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.
View Quote

That was the goal
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Abortion and weed are the two things that keep Republicans out of office.  Such a stupid fucking hill to die on.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC there is an effort to get it on the ballot via proposition.  That's where it belongs.

You either believe in the Constitution or you don't.  It's not that hard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Arizona was lost after they got packed full of Californians.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck anyone who kills a baby and fuck anyone willing to win an election by ignoring baby killing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
Abortion and weed are the two things that keep Republicans out of office.  Such a stupid fucking hill to die on.
View Quote

Yeah, God forbid people have principles and stand by them.

Might as well just vote Democrat. Afterall, Democrat positions from 10 years ago are currently a big part of the current GOP platform. Giving in to the other side has worked out great.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread is certainly an interesting spin on the topic.  Is the message that it's actually about elections and politics?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If not acknowledging the reality of the murder of innocent children as an evil to be banned is what it costs to “win” elections, then the election was never won since the entirety of the “win” is predicated on tolerating child murder.

That’s… not a win. It’s a call to heaven for vengeance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Good thing I got snipped years ago then
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:08:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PTR32Sooner] [#15]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Might as well just vote Democrat. Afterall, Democrat positions from 10 years ago are currently a big part of the current GOP platform. Giving in to the other side has worked out great.
View Quote

Principles mean jack shit if you don’t get elected to office.

You’re at home with your principles while the liberal that got elected is making law.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By -Sabot42-:
Fuck anyone who kills a baby and fuck anyone willing to win an election by ignoring baby killing.
View Quote

I agree, kinda.  and I guess fuck me cause I think this was a bad idea.

But we would make a lot more progress in this fight over the long haul by actually winning the presidency.

If you think losing the presidency will save babies, you are wrong.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Abortion is wrong. There is no level of killing that is acceptable where one can remain pro-life. Nobody would argue that Jeffrey Dahmer is more pro-life than John Wayne Gacy because he killed fewer people. Abortion is wrong. Republicans who support "limited" abortion are not pro-life. This includes Trump.

I do not accept the whole "state" issue. Would that be federalism? Sure, if you accept that the owning of slaves, the legality of rape and murder, and so on are state issues. They are fundamentally wrong, and as the Constitution guarantees a right to life before all, abortion should be illegal as a matter of natural law.

Nobody who is "riled up" by abortion issues was going to vote Republican in the first place. I tend to believe this country is well beyond saving, and people getting angry and voting against restrictions on abortion when we're already one of the most permissive in the entire world is a prime example of that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 210grum:

That was the goal
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 210grum:
They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

That was the goal

this
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Appears there are two camps in GD when it comes to abortion and electoral politics.

First camp is the ideological purists who are completely fine with the GOP losing every election going forward if that is price of abortion bans like this one in AZ.  That position all but guarantees giving the dims/libtards more power to fuck everything up, so why even bother voting at all.

The second camp is not so rigid ideologically with abortion, but espousing that opinion renders you persona non-grata with certain factions within the GOP.  Even Trump punted to the states on abortion in a bid to improve his electoral prospects; ostensibly because he realizes pissing off the purists might be ok if that is what it takes to get him back in office to be able to unfuck what potato has done.

Wishy-washy?  Yes.  Pragmatic to meet the electorate where it appears to be?  Also yes.  Either way it's an imperfect solution.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GI-45:

Great. Maybe they'll put another marijuana legalization proposition on there too for good measure.

View Quote

Don't tell the doom and gloom N_T crowd.
The issue has been sent to the states, it's up to their legislative bodies to come up with an acceptable law.
 I knew a girl in HS, a friends older sister, that had at least 4 abortions of convenience.
I'm very pro life, BTW, and hate the abortion industry for personal reasons.
But as a realist, I realize that there are plenty of women ( and men) who want to kill their babies before they are born. I despise them, but it's really between them and God, the evil that they do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I too love losing my gun rights, massive inflation, and leaving the country's borders wide open, fellow antiabortion enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I don't see Republicans hardly talk about weed. Most states have either medical or recreational already. I don't think its much of an issue anymore.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I don't see Republicans hardly talk about weed. Most states have either medical or recreational already. I don't think it's much of an issue anymore.
View All Quotes

I don't see Republicans hardly talk about weed. Most states have either medical or recreational already. I don't think it's much of an issue anymore.

Arizona has legal weed
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FS7:
Abortion is wrong. There is no level of killing that is acceptable where one can remain pro-life. Nobody would argue that Jeffrey Dahmer is more pro-life than John Wayne Gacy because he killed fewer people. Abortion is wrong. Republicans who support "limited" abortion are not pro-life. This includes Trump.

I do not accept the whole "state" issue. Would that be federalism? Sure, if you accept that the owning of slaves, the legality of rape and murder, and so on are state issues. They are fundamentally wrong, and as the Constitution guarantees a right to life before all, abortion should be illegal as a matter of natural law.

Nobody who is "riled up" by abortion issues was going to vote Republican in the first place. I tend to believe this country is well beyond saving, and people getting angry and voting against restrictions on abortion when we're already one of the most permissive in the entire world is a prime example of that.
View Quote

Rape and murder is a state issue. Barring a federal nexus such as killing a postal worker or committing a murder in furtherance of certain federal crimes, it is not a federal crime and it is and should remain a state issue. So not really inconsistent here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CypressCity] [#27]

View Quote

Maybe I'm reading it wrong on the Arizona ruling but it looks like it will not protect women needing an abortion if their health is in jeopardy.  I believe women should be able to cancel their pregnancy if their health or the baby's health is a major concern.  I do not support abortion if it's just to terminate a pregnancy.

Either way, this ruling will just help elect more democrats.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#28]
We live in a country where women want to murder their children.

We are broken and no law or election can fix that.

Women, all women — white, brown, orange, republican, democrat —love killing babies.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JLH3:

Arizona has legal weed
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLH3:

Arizona has legal weed

Exactly.

Weed isn't as big of a deal anymore politically.

Abortion definitely is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Fucking them is the source of the problem, and continued fucking of them in no way alleviates the ongoing consequences.

It's easier to sink than unsink a boat.
Likewise, it is not possible to unfuck a person back into virginity.

Better just to join a monastery.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Chances are pretty good to get momma and baby killed together with the open border here. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:

You’re at home with your principles while the liberal that got elected is making law.
View Quote

Yup.  It's ok, though, my basement is an abortion-free zone.  Just me, my collection of slowly rusting guns, and a whole shitload of spiders and house centipedes.  Hey ma, bring more dino tendies down!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
The pink hair mafia would be out no matter what with Trump as the Republican nominee.  Fuck them all.  I hope this angers a few into a stroke.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
As someone in AZ, I love how the (local) media is just losing their ever fucking mind about it.  I personally don't care either way, but I do love how all the channels say the same thing. "The Supreme Court upheld a law from before AZ was a state, slavery was still going on and women didn't have the right to vote."  

The good Ole days
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Rape and murder is a state issue. Barring a federal nexus such as killing a postal worker or committing a murder in furtherance of certain federal crimes, it is not a federal crime and it is and should remain a state issue. So not really inconsistent here.
View Quote

Does the Constitution not apply everywhere?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#36]

I don't see Republicans hardly talk about weed. Most states have either medical or recreational already. I don't think its much of an issue anymore.
View All Quotes

Desantis just had a press conference last week stating that it will be everywhere and smell like weed (I already smell it all the time) if the weed amendment in Florida passes. Dumbasses should lay off the anti-weed thing. Plenty of other shit is legal that's just as bad/worse for you.

...murder though is not in the same universe as the reefer as far as I'm concerned though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

The more things progress the more they stay the same.

The ancient Hebrews went this pagan route and that didn't work out too well for them...imagine how much worst it will be
for a one time Christian nation to go down that same path...and refuse to turn away...

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
This thread is certainly an interesting spin on the topic.  Is the message that it's actually about elections and politics?
View Quote

and consequences
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
I too love losing my gun rights, massive inflation, and leaving the country's borders wide open, fellow antiabortion enthusiasts.
View Quote
Not to mention losing elections leads to more abortion as well. Some people just can't be reasoned with.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Yup.  It's ok, though, my basement is an abortion-free zone.  Just me, my collection of slowly rusting guns, and a whole shitload of spiders and house centipedes.  Hey ma, bring more dino tendies down!
View All Quotes

As long as we are against it before we are for it to be against it again it's all cool... or something.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Remember. The gays ONLY WANTED TO GET MARRIED.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Of course it does.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By klinc:

Desantis just had a press conference last week stating that it will be everywhere and smell like weed (I already smell it all the time) if the weed amendment in Florida passes. Dumbasses should lay off the anti-weed thing. Plenty of other shit is legal that's just as bad/worse for you.

...murder though is not in the same universe as the reefer as far as I'm concerned though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:

I agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Exactly,
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Of course it does.

View Quote

Well I know, but my point was that a law passed in the 51st state of Murderstan whereby murder is celebrated would by any reasonable understanding of the Constitution be nullified. This is of course predicated on the notion that we have a court system that understands the Constitution, which we really don't. But that's neither here nor there.

It follows that if a right to life is guaranteed in the Constitution, then a law permitting abortion would violate the Constitution and as such be struck down as illegal.

This is again based on the absurd and antiquated notion that we have three separate but co-equal branches of government that follow the Constitution and the rule of law.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Arizona was lost after they got packed full of Californians.
View Quote
Tons of liberals came from snow country.  Also, snow bird liberals vote in two states.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

This. If you don’t believe in conserving life itself, can you even claim to be a Conservative?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Short sighted
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

If "you" get elected to office, but your position is the same as "them," why should I vote for "you"?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Without life, what is any other right worth?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top