BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've largely resorted to revisiting 80's era movies. There are very few offerings today that aren't in-your-face woke nonsense.
View Quote
Same here. I will go up through the 2000s though. After that it went to shit with bad remakes and woke BS
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried watching it because everyone keeps going on and on about how great the Sandman world/story is.

I just couldn’t get into it.  A naked guy in a glass ball who can enter your dreams? Sure, that’s some amazing stuff.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I tried it and noticed the same shit as well. Got to episode 5 with the truth telling stone thing in the dinner where the guy goes off about ass raping the waitress’s son on a regular basis. As soon as it got to that pedo shit I had enough and turned that shit off. Absolutely fucking disgusting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It really makes me sad that all the amazing creativity and funds are being spent on shows that are pure liberal, LGBTXYZ propaganda.

The premise of the show, the camera work, the CG and the storyline is top tier. The acting is just ok but the directing is really well done. I do hate that the main character doesn't move his lips when he talks.

Every episode so far gets a healthy dose of totally unnecessary homosexual relationship and a very noticeable lack of heterosexual relationships. The last episode I watched ended with the reveal of the next but guy which is literally an over the top transgender guy.

I tried to push through the buckets of weird stuff because the story line and CG were so good but I think trans dude tipped it over the edge for me.

Anything else good on Netflix?

I tried it and noticed the same shit as well. Got to episode 5 with the truth telling stone thing in the dinner where the guy goes off about ass raping the waitress’s son on a regular basis. As soon as it got to that pedo shit I had enough and turned that shit off. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

He says in the very next line that the kid is 21.

Words mean things.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a HUUUUGE thread going on Netflix...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-1116241/&page=303

Edit to add: The audiobook version of The Sandman (and The Sandman Act II) was excellent. The Netflix version, not so much. Really was a letdown.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I started watching The Sandman two nights ago and I finished episode 5 last night before bed and it was a bit dark. I thought the homosexuality of the characters was a bit dark. The Bette and Marsh scene was a little dark and then it got a little crazy. I'm hooked on this series and hope it continues to suck me in. I feel the Sandman character is perfect. I like how he talks, like he pauses and keeps his words simple and slow when his lips don't move. He is calculated and smart. Looking forward to watching this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I liked dayshift with Jamie Foxx.

View Quote

It was just OK and felt like it was a simple version of the Blade trilogy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been pretty obsessed with Sandman since the 80s and have been a fan of Gaiman's works since (I even stood in line at one of his book signings in NYC for 7 hours). I really wish that this had been made pre-2005, before the infestation of woke culture. Every gender/race swap feels like a jab to my pop culture soul
This is what Death should look like

Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s an amazing world in the comics.  The Netflix show is ok.  If all of the alphabet shit wasn’t forced in the show would be hugely popular. Netflix can’t help themselves.  

I mean they laundered money to the Obamas.  Who would have faith in them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The novel is great. Haven't seen the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
American Gods was over-the-top gay too.

The novel is great. Haven't seen the show.

Avoid TV show nothing like the book. There is a scene in the TV show where illegals crossing the Rio Grand are shot dead by gringos, to appeal the ‘gods’ of guns. Disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
You are what you eat(consume).
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep.  3 hetero couples in the whole thing.  1 cuple is a random bang/gold digger and the other two couples hate each other/closet homosexual/bestiality.

If the world was really as gay as this show makes it to be, we would de-populate in 1 generation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked Ozark on NF.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Apparently this show had to sub in Johanna, who in the comic was seen in flashback as John Constantine's ancestor, for John, who appears in the comic in a time contemporary with the story, because of licensing issues with DC comics. Gaiman created Johanna, but Alan Moore created John, and the character is owned by DC. They're apparently developing a John Constantine show of their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is actually my favorite character so far. (Even though she's gay too)

Apparently this show had to sub in Johanna, who in the comic was seen in flashback as John Constantine's ancestor, for John, who appears in the comic in a time contemporary with the story, because of licensing issues with DC comics. Gaiman created Johanna, but Alan Moore created John, and the character is owned by DC. They're apparently developing a John Constantine show of their own.

Constantine that isnt Keanu just feels wrong
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is actually my favorite character so far. (Even though she's gay too)

Which is ironic, because the inspiration for him was from Sting, a blonde guy that looks nothing like Keanu.

It was still a neat movie though, but I liked the series that didn't last long and they seemed a little more faithful to the original.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Another thing that bothers me is the Corinthian's accent. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be but it's off-putting. I'm really curious how they're going to pull off his glasses off look
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Another thing that bothers me is the Corinthian's accent. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be but it's off-putting. I'm really curious how they're going to pull off his glasses off look
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I just watch old stuff now. Currently watching Congo from the 90s.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was a fun one. Knowing how much of a race baiting dick he can be I did laugh at the black history month discount line.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Justing finishing ep 5 (24/7). I'm actually impressed how close it tracked the original comic (well maybe 80% of it) and captured the horror vibe
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Watched it. It was alright.  Don't really care about the gay stuff.  

Sandman looks like Zoolander half the time though .
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Gay. Turned it off as soon as the homo shit started.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It really makes me sad that all the amazing creativity and funds are being spent on shows that are pure liberal, LGBTXYZ propaganda.

The premise of the show, the camera work, the CG and the storyline is top tier. The acting is just ok but the directing is really well done. I do hate that the main character doesn't move his lips when he talks.

Every episode so far gets a healthy dose of totally unnecessary homosexual relationship and a very noticeable lack of heterosexual relationships. The last episode I watched ended with the reveal of the next but guy which is literally an over the top transgender guy.

I tried to push through the buckets of weird stuff because the story line and CG were so good but I think trans dude tipped it over the edge for me.

View Quote

I really don't get it. The entertainment industry is composed mainly of people who are very christian or at least super conservative. I would expect the movies to reflect that massive, massive number of people who are christians in hollywood and all related fields. Christians everywhere. It's weird. I know practically all conservatives have their hopes and dreams hanging on getting into something artistic as opposed to businesses based on things like math or law. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#25]
LMFAO, I just started watching it tonight on 3rd episode. It's not bad
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I figured out at about episode 8 what the woke endgame is:

(end of the story spoiler. no not click if you don't want to know what happens at the end of comics)
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Netflix actually has a great collection of highly entertaining Korean TV shows. Everything else on there is mostly woke ass clown world garbage.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes the first 7 seasons, the 8th season is not on .
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's ok for a black person to be the hero.

@supra
View Quote

Of course it's ok for a black person to be the hero. Denzel Washington killed a shit-ton of white folk in Book of Eli and that movie is awesome.  

The difference is Denzel didn't have a sissy-boy white sidekick that he continuously ridiculed who literally peed his pants every time there was a hint of danger.  Denzel also isn't a racist and shit actor like Jamie Fox.

The movie sucked.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Consider the source. Neil Gaiman isn’t exactly a conservative.

While I like his books I’m completely unsurprised by this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I miss watching Netflix when I had time for TV.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The cafe episode is AIDS and Monkey Pox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have liked it so far. One episode (in the diner) was over the top non stop homo stuff but the rest were fine to me. I reckon I am desensitized.

The cafe episode is AIDS and Monkey Pox.

That's the point...
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it's mentioned the son is in his 20s. Not trying to defend the gay stuff but some of your jump to conclusion mats need calibration
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Words mean things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words mean things.

Liberals are always looking for something to be outraged about without actually getting facts. Works a lot here too
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You spelled Snoop Dogg wrong!

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I believe it's mentioned the son is in his 20s. Not trying to defend the gay stuff but some of your jump to conclusion mats need calibration
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also not rape, both consent according to the character.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I tried watching it because everyone keeps going on and on about how great the Sandman world/story is.

I just couldn't get into it.  A naked guy in a glass ball who can enter your dreams? Sure, that's some amazing stuff.
View Quote
That's more a failure of Gaimen as a storyteller, starting off with a drab beginning.  Jump ahead to episode 2; I think you'll like it better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've been pretty obsessed with Sandman since the 80s and have been a fan of Gaiman's works since (I even stood in line at one of his book signings in NYC for 7 hours). I really wish that this had been made pre-2005, before the infestation of woke culture. Every gender/race swap feels like a jab to my pop culture soul
This is what Death should look like

View Quote
Yuuuuuup.  Can't stop loving that cutie, really disappointed they had to make her black.  At least she's trim and fit, and not a gross hippo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I really don't get it. The entertainment industry is composed mainly of people who are very christian or at least super conservative. I would expect the movies to reflect that massive, massive number of people who are christians in hollywood and all related fields. Christians everywhere. It's weird. I know practically all conservatives have their hopes and dreams hanging on getting into something artistic as opposed to businesses based on things like math or law. I don't get it.
View Quote
 The entertainment biz is made up of degenerates and drug addicts; Hollyweird is a swamp that makes DC look like a crystal-clear running stream.  What would make you think they're "mostly Christian"?
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I can't get over how the cast keeps remarking how dumb the protag is... That's a sign of a quality script from Diversified Inc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I figured out at about episode 8 what the woke endgame is:

(end of the story spoiler. no not click if you don't want to know what happens at the end of comics)
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Ending stuff, don't click if you haven't read the books:

Click To View Spoiler
I feel confident those racist bigots were short-stroking it all over the place showing Dream as black in his interaction with Nada.

But on the bright side, they didn't have Despair naked, which I think we can all be thankful for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#43]
And really, Satan is a woman?  Are you serially telling me that, in all of Hollyweird, they couldn't find ONE beautiful man to play the part?  And she isn't even that pretty.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Words mean things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words mean things.

And yet, there will be a big fat pedo coming along none the less.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
On the bright side, he does get stabbed by the Corinthian.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words mean things.

And how was that character framed in the show?

As a bad person, and one that eventually pays for his actions.

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's more a failure of Gaimen as a storyteller, starting off with a drab beginning.  Jump ahead to episode 2; I think you'll like it better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just couldn't get into it.  A naked guy in a glass ball who can enter your dreams? Sure, that's some amazing stuff.
There's nothing wrong with Gaiman's pacing. Most of episode 1 is setting the world up for those not familiar with it
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with Gaiman's pacing. Most of episode 1 is setting the world up for those not familiar with it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was glad that it became a series, I like Gaiman's books, but didn't read Sandman because it was a graphic novel, I really have no interest in those.

When you go into a mini series you should expect that there will be more time spent on world building, it's the advantage over doing a movie, you have far more time with it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My wife & I have been watching it and thought the same thing.  We will keep watching it because it has its decent parts but sheesh.
View Quote

Why do you keep supporting people that hate you?  Cuz you gotta watch your dang tv shows?
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Dropped Netflix when they openly supported pedos.  Why does anyone support Netflix unless
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top