User Panel

Page / 107
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By floridacop:

I'll post the pic from your link.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/ir211_png-2857508.JPG

oh, and Jesus Christ Karl, you can do better.  Pathetic.
View Quote
ffs, was he fried when he posted that? +1 on the clown statement
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridacop] [#2]
Just to make something easy to track, I'll post it here and anyone can update it down the road.

Channel started in 2015:  
Attachment Attached File

Channel started in 2020, and was the subject of shitposting and attacks by above channel's supporters:
Attachment Attached File

And the channel started in 2011 by his former partner prior to working with Karl:
Attachment Attached File

Interesting to see where it is at after a few months of updates.  Admin has already passed Karl.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Atun Shei asking Karl on Twitter about using bible pages for black powder wadding.  Karl more than happy to make a date together to do it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/ir212_png-2857530.JPG

Karl the edgy little 17 year old going on 50, just having to find a way to flag a bird at middle America.
View Quote

I wonder if they have the balls to do it with the Koran
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Atun Shei asking Karl on Twitter about using bible pages for black powder wadding.  Karl more than happy to make a date together to do it.

Karl the edgy little 17 year old going on 50, just having to find a way to flag a bird at middle America.

Come now, you know the answer
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:33:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Clockwork138] [#5]

View All Quotes

Doing that, along with destroying any other religious texts that aren't Christian, is somehow bigotry to those pussies.

"Christianity is the most repressive religion in the world." - Leftists like Karl

Yeah, sure, but the world's largest religion, one that still has actual oppressive theocracies based on it, somehow isn't.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

If you recall, back when the Satanic mumu pics hit and people asked if he would tear up a Koran.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "No, because that book doesnt preach or inspire hate towards the LGBT community"
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 5:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridacop] [#7]
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:

If you recall, back when the Satanic mumu pics hit and people asked if he would tear up a Koran.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "No, because that book doesnt preach or inspire hate towards the LGBT community"
View Quote

More Karl and his weak ass bullshit excuses and deflections.  

First, earlier a posts shows him saying no persons of color want to appear on his channel because they are afraid of white supremacists and bigots along with the "splash back" that may come from his channel being targeted.   First Karl wants to talk about being targeted and splash back, look no further than Administrative Results, he can actually tell you first hand about being targeted by someone's followers, can't he Karl?   Second, I'm gonna imagine that Colion Noir or Hank Strange would not say that they are afraid to appear on your channel, but you wont do that will you?   You could reach out to the very organization that you mentioned in one of your Q & As, the National African-American Gun Association, and I bet that they would have someone not intimidated by the imaginary boogie man you have created to avoid dealing with the problem you created with your channel.   Or you can just talk about persons of color and suck up whatever money you make off jumping on their backs, while you a Scandanavian white guy, tell us all about what they have experienced.   You seem to be busy catering to the alphabet left and giving them a lot of love, while ignoring giving anything but your talk of people of color.   Really reach out to someone Karl, not come out with lame excuses.  

But back to the use of Bible pages for black powder wadding.  As pointed out Karl won't touch the Quran either that muumuu wearing hypocrite.  Nope, the much worse transgressor promoted by Karl is the "Evangelical Taliban" found in Christianity.  Which Christians make up the Evangelical Taliban Karl?  Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, Protestant, Lutheran, Assemblies of God, Church of the Nazarene, Disciples of Christ, Mennonite, Quaker, Seventh-Day Adventist or any of the other branches I am missing?  

Since The Satanic Temple is not a real religion, why doesn't Karl tear up a page of the Fundamental Tenets or maybe pull a page from the Devil's Tome as wadding?  I mean it's not like you have any real convictions.  

But the Quran and Islam are off the table for Karl.  

From the site islamqa (Islam Question & Answer)

"Question:
Could you please tell me why lesbianism and homosexuality are sins in Islam? I know they are great sins but my question is: why? I haven't been able to find the real reason? So, tell me what Allah says in the Quran and what the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) says in hadith about them."

"Summary of answer:
1. Homosexuals go against the natural disposition (fitrah) which Allah has created in mankind. 2. The spread of homosexuality and lesbianism has caused man diseases which neither the east nor the west can deny exist because of them. 3. Homosexuality and lesbianism cause the breakup of the family and lead people to give up their work and study because they are preoccupied with these perversions."

Karl, can you show us anything like this happening in the US by the Evangelical Taliban?:

"ISIS enforcing shariah law on a suspected homosexual man in Raqaa, Syria, by throwing him off the tallest building. If he survived the fall, a gang of Muslims on the ground wait with rocks to crush him to death."

Public caning of a homosexual in Malaysia.

Images of additional antigay atrocities in ISIS-controlled territory have emerged, purportedly showing the beheadings of two allegedly gay men and one alleged blasphemer, African website News24 reports.

I find it ironic and hypocritical that Karl supports armed masked men doing mutual aid, direct action and violence against people with orthodox values here in the US, and will even mutilate and destroy Christian religious texts like a good little satanic zealot.  Meanwhile, the group of people Karl is saying are being exterminated and targeted in this very country, are being for real tortured and killed elsewhere by a for real segment of religious fanatics and extreme hardliners while Karl contributes to creating a false "panic" about what really isn't happening here.  And he such a chicken shit that he won't even touch what religion those fanatics and hardliners have identified with.   See for all the bad ass talk, Karl isn't going to volunteer to be the next Charlie Hebdo or Curtis Culwell Center.  He will poke and fuck with the American right, because it is the safe call and it generates cash for his income.  Karl has aligned himself with the radicals and attacks the orthodox.      

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe I’m out of the loop but does anyone have any clue why Karl and friends are dunking on people that died in a submarine accident? Maybe I’m missing something but it seems like he’s happy about this?

https://twitter.com/InRangeTV/status/1671266665886269440
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 50-70blk:
Maybe I’m out of the loop but does anyone have any clue why Karl and friends are dunking on people that died in a submarine accident? Maybe I’m missing something but it seems like he’s happy about this?

https://twitter.com/InRangeTV/status/1671266665886269440
View Quote

Probably because they are "rich capitalist pigs" or some shit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Karl seems special.  It is always funny when the alphabet crew cry about stuff happening in the ME. Like do some research homie before you get thrown from a roof.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if Karl has scored with Tacticool Girlfriend yet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Or...they know they're subject to having their head sawed off on the internet by the RoPers if they talk shit about the desert mind virus.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Pajamacannon:
I wonder if Karl has scored with Tacticool Girlfriend yet.
View Quote

Much more likely that TacticoolGirlfriend scored with Karl's girlfriend
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

View Quote

Russell?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Aside from a few passages here and there, I have no idea the full contents of the Koran. But I do know fundamentalist followers of the Koran throw gays off buildings because their faith requires it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Asking Karl if he wants to have a person of color on his channel is like when you ask a rabid feminist if they want to go with you to a WNBA game. They have zero interest in actually going. Then a couple of weeks later, you could tell them you have luxury box tickets to an NBA game and they fall all over themselves to go so they can post it on their instagrams. They will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify this. Deep down they know how hypocritical they are.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Karl's new video on driving with night vision is up.  

Interesting choice of t-shirt:
Attachment Attached File

Some info on the Monkey Wrench Gang from the internet:
"The Monkey Wrench Gang concerns the use of sabotage to protest environmentally damaging activities in the American Southwest. Abbey’s most famous fiction work is an account of four “environmental warriors” liberating parts of Utah and Arizona from evil road-builders, miners and rednecks. The book fueled a new generation of angry young environmentalists (such as Earth First!) who practice monkey-wrenching, or sabotage for the sake of protecting the wilderness. The book was so influential that the term “monkeywrench” has come to mean, besides sabotage and damage to machines, any sabotage, activism, law-making, or law-breaking to preserve wilderness, wild spaces, and ecosystems. (Text adapted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Abbeyweb.net.)" https://www.environmentandsociety.org/mml/monkey-wrench-gang
Interesting fictional work on activists and sabotage.

The character on his t-shirt:
"Doc Sarvis is an overweight, middle-aged physician whose money finances the group’s activities. Although it is Doc who first proposes the idea of a serious assault on Glen Canyon Dam, he is also adamant that the group not injure or kill people but restrict themselves to the destruction of inanimate objects. He is motivated, in part, by years of watching people sick and dying from diseases related to pollution." https://www.enotes.com/topics/monkey-wrench-gang/characters
Hmmm, an overweight middle aged man who finances the groups activities.  Wonder if Doc Sarvis had a patreon account?

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Karl's new video on driving with night vision is up.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/ir154_png-2859067.JPG

Some info on the Monkey Wrench Gang from the internet:
"The Monkey Wrench Gang concerns the use of sabotage to protest environmentally damaging activities in the American Southwest. Abbey’s most famous fiction work is an account of four “environmental warriors” liberating parts of Utah and Arizona from evil road-builders, miners and rednecks. The book fueled a new generation of angry young environmentalists (such as Earth First!) who practice monkey-wrenching, or sabotage for the sake of protecting the wilderness. The book was so influential that the term “monkeywrench” has come to mean, besides sabotage and damage to machines, any sabotage, activism, law-making, or law-breaking to preserve wilderness, wild spaces, and ecosystems. (Text adapted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Abbeyweb.net.)" https://www.environmentandsociety.org/mml/monkey-wrench-gang
Interesting fictional work on activists and sabotage.

The character on his t-shirt:
"Doc Sarvis is an overweight, middle-aged physician whose money finances the group’s activities. Although it is Doc who first proposes the idea of a serious assault on Glen Canyon Dam, he is also adamant that the group not injure or kill people but restrict themselves to the destruction of inanimate objects. He is motivated, in part, by years of watching people sick and dying from diseases related to pollution." https://www.enotes.com/topics/monkey-wrench-gang/characters
Hmmm, an overweight middle aged man who finances the groups activities.  Wonder if Doc Sarvis had a patreon account?

View Quote

Lol. Ed Abbey wasn’t a flaming pussy like the modern left and Monkey Wrench Gang was a pretty good read.

It’s too late now though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#19]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

View Quote

While him and Russel are giving each other Dutch rudders in the corner crying.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Meanwhile Karl goes out in the desert and injects lead into it....
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

It's just more of the hypocrisy.  

I know nothing of Edward Abbey other than what I started reading today.  Seems to have spent a lot of time in nature.  Also wrote his masters thesis about anarchism and the morality of violence, kind of up Karl's lane.  He did live in the Tuscon area, which may explain why Karl is also into him.  Karl may overlook that Abbey was opposed to illegal/undocumented immigration.  

I'm not sure of FightingHellfish's location or interests, but if he is familiar with the area he might offer some light into Abbey and if he has a following or association to the Tuscon or Arizona areas.

Side note on the new driving with night vison video Karl posted:  At about the 6:55 mark, Karl is talking about using his VW Thing for the driving test as it is "analog" and does not have lights that are on when the vehicle is running.  This applies to the instruments and I would assume lack of daytime running lights.  He does mention that he a switch installed that allows him to kill his brake light.  
Attachment Attached File

At first I was like OK, I guess that if you hit your brakes, the light from the rear tail lights could have enough power or spill to effect what you saw from the front of the car under NODs.  Just seemed strange to install a brake light kill switch for the test.   I am not anti kill switch, just in all my professional life outside of the military lighting controls/packages, I have only seen kill switches on some LE vehicles (for slow driving neighborhoods at night), some street racers (for trying to avoid detection by the cops if chased during a race) and saw one truck with them that another officer had stopped for poaching (to not give away their position when shotting from the vehicle on a road, and a game and fish officer said they have heard of some poachers installing them).  An all that was back when vehicles were simpler.  I'm sure that some vehicles near the border have them.  

But installing them for this test was kind of overkill to me.  But I also went back to the video he did on his VW Thing and there that switch was,
Attachment Attached File

7 years ago.  

So not a smoking gun by any means, just another thing that to me is the weird vibe that is Karl.  Who knows what this dud may be involved with.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#22]
From my experience disabling braking lights is an expedient used for insurance frauds (like trying to deceive the car following you to crash into your car so you can get money from medical/car insurance) or in the worst case for Carjacking/Kidnapping (same overall technique, it was also used in the famous kidnapping and killing of a prominent italian politician in the 70s).
I hope this is not the case, maybe the switch is part of the vehicle original configuration because that car was supposed to be a military vehicle for Nato.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Thing.  The cars in the US were not military vehicles, and that is not a factory switch... but if I were going to drive mine around with NODs, I'd put one in there too.  This is not sinister.  

That was a serious low-effort video though.  Dude is phoning it in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#24]
I will say that I wish my car had a NOD switch.  

My most hated thing about my truck (2022 Frontier) is that the cargo light comes on whenever I open the door.  On goon nights it is a solid PITA, and forget driving around with NODs on- still trying to figure that one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
From my experience disabling braking lights is an expedient used for insurance frauds (like trying to deceive the car following you to crash into your car so you can get money from medical/car insurance) or in the worst case for Carjacking/Kidnapping (same overall technique, it was also used in the famous kidnapping and killing of a prominent italian politician in the 70s).
I hope this is not the case, maybe the switch is part of the vehicle original configuration because that car was supposed to be a military vehicle for Nato.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The far left switch (2 above) is the headlight switch).  

The knob to its right (1 above) is the knob to turn on the heater.  

(Just FYI, the 6 location is a Brake warning light.  A light that comes on if one of the 2 (front and back) brake circuits fail.  It has nothing to do with killing the brake lights).  

Attachment Attached File

So "someone" replaced the heater knob with a brake light kill switch?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#26]
lol Abbey was pretty based:

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1981/12/17/holes-in-the-fence/

These are harsh, even cruel propositions, but in fact the American boat is full, if not already overloaded; we cannot afford further mass immigration. The American public is aware of this truth even if our "leaders" prefer to attempt to ignore it. We know what they will not acknowledge, that the tendency of mass immigration from Mexico is to degrade and cheapen American life downward to the Hispanic standard. Anyone who has made a recent visit to Mexico, or even to Miami, Florida, knows what I mean. When the call for compassion is raised (a word now hopelessly corrupted by its use in the mouths of such as Nixon, Carter, and Reagan) we must answer that the most compassionate thing we can do for nations like Mexico is to encourage them, somehow, to commence the policies of deep internal reform and population stabilization that are clearly necessary.

Edward Abbey

Tuscon, Arizona

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
I have a Thing.  The cars in the US were not military vehicles, and that is not a factory switch... but if I were going to drive mine around with NODs, I'd put one in there too.  This is not sinister.  

View Quote

I didn't say it was sinister, just odd.  With the growing use and availability of night vision I can see some guys wanting them.  In states where night hunting and NODs are allowed or predator eradication is allowed I could see some guys wanting these features on vehicles as an example.  

Speaking of low effort and phoning it in.  Karl's friend Tactical Girlfriend is kind of ripping off Garand Thumb:

Attachment Attached File

Let's put on a lab coat and shoot at stuff.  Low effort.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridacop] [#28]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
lol Abbey was pretty based:

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1981/12/17/holes-in-the-fence/

View Quote

Sshhhh.  That is not the point.  Your harshing Karl's mellow man.

But this from his wiki page:

In an essay called "Immigration and Liberal Taboos", collected in his 1988 book One Life at a Time, Please, Abbey expressed his opposition to immigration ("legal or illegal, from any source") into the United States: "(I)t occurs to some of us that perhaps ever-continuing industrial and population growth is not the true road to human happiness, that simple gross quantitative increase of this kind creates only more pain, dislocation, confusion and misery. In which case it might be wise for us as American citizens to consider calling a halt to the mass influx of even more millions of hungry, ignorant, unskilled, and culturally-morally-genetically impoverished people. At least until we have brought our own affairs into order. Especially when these uninvited millions bring with them an alien mode of life which—let us be honest about this—is not appealing to the majority of Americans. Why not? Because we prefer democratic government, for one thing; because we still hope for an open, spacious, uncrowded, and beautiful—yes, beautiful!—society, for another. The alternative, in the squalor, cruelty, and corruption of Latin America, is plain for all to see."[52]

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Hey come on man, he's not sponsored by corporations (aside from Red Lobster)!
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
I will say that I wish my car had a NOD switch.  

My most hated thing about my truck (2022 Frontier) is that the cargo light comes on whenever I open the door.  On goon nights it is a solid PITA, and forget driving around with NODs on- still trying to figure that one.
View Quote

My F150 did the same thing, but I was able to disable it with Forscan. Cargo lights and parking lights would pop on any time the doors opened or shut. The other issue I still have is the reverse camera in the mirror is almost blinding, so it is another thing that would have to be covered along with the dash and radio/climate control.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

His pollution is for the greater good though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#32]

I didn't say it was sinister, just odd.  With the growing use and availability of night vision I can see some guys wanting them.  In states where night hunting and NODs are allowed or predator eradication is allowed I could see some guys wanting these features on vehicles as an example.  

Speaking of low effort and phoning it in.  Karl's friend Tactical Girlfriend is kind of ripping off Garand Thumb:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/ir158_png-2860333.JPG

Let's put on a lab coat and shoot at stuff.  Low effort.
View Quote

Lab coat? I thought (s)he preferred brown shirts?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Lol. Ed Abbey wasn’t a flaming pussy like the modern left and Monkey Wrench Gang was a pretty good read.

View Quote

Modern progressives try to piggyback off the original labor and anarchist movements without having a fraction of the intestinal fortitude the old-timers did. The working class they claim to represent by and large hates them for their hypocrisy and immorality.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Did I miss anything good?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By SBR_Slut:
lolcows just can't help themselves

Did I miss anything good?

I was going through DEI training and therefore had plenty of time to get caught up on several dozen pages of this thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sabocat:

Modern progressives try to piggyback off the original labor and anarchist movements without having a fraction of the intestinal fortitude the old-timers did. The working class they claim to represent by and large hates them for their hypocrisy and immorality.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sabocat:
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

I've been monitoring a Stalinist group for lulz - they absolutely loath progressives (especially ones they categorize as being PMC) and think they're class enemies of the working class. They also sperg out about retail and service industries drones calling themselves 'working class'.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#38]

I've been monitoring a Stalinist group for lulz - they absolutely loath progressives (especially ones they categorize as being PMC) and think they're class enemies of the working class. They also sperg out about retail and service industries drones calling themselves 'working class'.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote

PMC?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

PMC?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

PMC?

@AK-12

in their lingo: "professional managerial class"

Managerial elite.

I.E. the NPC CurrentThing whitecollar drones (regardless of their rank within corporate hierarchy)
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#40]

@AK-12

in their lingo: "professional managerial class"

Managerial elite.

I.E. the NPC CurrentThing whitecollar drones (regardless of their rank within corporate hierarchy)
View Quote

Got it, just hadn't seen that acronym.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

The number of people on the left who even know who Stalin was is pretty small, the number that can identify “Stalinism” has to be tiny and the number of people calling themselves Stalinists has to be statistically zero.

Random connection: I watched “Death of Stalin” again last night. Great movie.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Just adding some more tweets or replies from Karl:

Attachment Attached File

Uhm, Karl (and Atun), the suspect in the Upstairs Lounge Arson, that was never charged, was Roger Dale Nunez.  He was a gay man that had been kicked out of the club earlier that day and had a history of mental illness.  He would kill himself the next year after the fire.

Karl still thanking the SRA types for their recommendations:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#43]

So "someone" replaced the heater knob with a brake light kill switch?
View Quote

No, his car never had a factory switch there.

Things were imported for two years.  In '73, the heater was a gasoline fired heater under the 'hood'. This was a legacy from the military, as it allowed the heater to be run with the car turned off. In '74, they switched to 'heater boxes' on the exhaust manifold, the same as a VW beetle.  

Karl has a '74, evidenced by the ugly shrouds over the engine cooling vent intakes.  Karl's had beetle heat exchangers (on the engine exhaust manifold), which were operated by levers and cables near the parking brake on the transmission tunnel, so he never had the heater control switch on the dash (for the gasoline powered heater up front).

The fuse block is under the dash though, so if you want to install a brake light switch, it's real easy to drill a hole and do it right there. It's also possible there was a pre-existing hole (maybe with a plastic plug), as I'm sure VW had a plenty of dash plates with holes in them from five years of production pretty much unchanged.

FWIW, all US spec Things were made in Puebla, Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#44]

No, his car never had a factory switch there.

Things were imported for two years.  In '73, the heater was a gasoline fired heater under the 'hood'. This was a legacy from the military, as it allowed the heater to be run with the car turned off. In '74, they switched to 'heater boxes' on the exhaust manifold, the same as a VW beetle.  

Karl has a '74, evidenced by the ugly shrouds over the engine cooling vent intakes.  Karl's had beetle heat exchangers (on the engine exhaust manifold), which were operated by levers and cables near the parking brake on the transmission tunnel, so he never had the heater control switch on the dash (for the gasoline powered heater up front).

The fuse block is under the dash though, so if you want to install a brake light switch, it's real easy to drill a hole and do it right there. It's also possible there was a pre-existing hole (maybe with a plastic plug), as I'm sure VW had a plenty of dash plates with holes in them from five years of production pretty much unchanged.

FWIW, all US spec Things were made in Puebla, Mexico.
View Quote

This site is great for the variety of info that the members bring.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#45]
TFB unknowingly (maybe?) walking into the minefield.

WWSD on TFB
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:
TFB unknowingly (maybe?) walking into the minefield.

WWSD on TFB
View Quote

Reeves is probably cool with it.  
Attachment Attached File

Also nice to see Karl found the t shirt with holes in it to wear in the feature about your co-creation.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I wonder if that acog has a bible verse on it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Just to show the convictions of this shit talking hypocrite.  New vid out today:
Attachment Attached File

Synopsis of vid:
Attachment Attached File

Wow, talking up PSA.  But Pepperidge Farms noticed and still remembers some of the bullshit you did when you thought you wouldn't be associated with them or need them.

Remember this post from 2020?:
Attachment Attached File

Those "brilliant people" have you speaking highly of something they came out with.  Something you bought with Patreon money, hope it didn't cut into Russell's allowance.

But let's go back a few months to March.  Remember this post:
Attachment Attached File

You hot linked to your own channel.
You hot linked Tisas (who sent you the gun for free, despite your no corporate overlords, no gods no masters bullshit, maybe that is why they got the hotlink).
You left PSA cold.  At least now you are hot linking to "the brilliant people at Palmetto State Armory who bring you MAGA and "build the wall" lowers.   And they were left cold because you had to buy the gun with money from your collective socialist community chest.
What a hypocrite.  You dog them until you need their shit to make some content and push for more Patreon bucks.  You are so fake.

I hope PSA remembers the stupid shit you pulled while you try to make nice and get a shot at some corporate teat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top