BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Yeah it’s definitely a weird flex.

I’ve probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it’s fate.

Doing that isn’t fun, and it’s not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don’t brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

View Quote

Compassion. It's a thing. And that woman gleefully killed her dog instead of having that. That's the problem here. Anyone who "hates" a dog. Really?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a bullshit story anyway.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Sounds like a bullshit story anyway.
View Quote

That'd be even worse tbh
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
all you people excusing killing a dog or likening her killing a dog to the justification that democrats abort babies are sorely missing the point. This race is about getting EVERY vote, and that means from UNDECIDED/middle of the road voters.

Noem knows she's on the short list and she's a politician. The fact that SHE WROTE that in a book, is retard level stupid. It gives the opposition (all of them) ammo. If you're in a battle, you don't give your enemy ammo to shoot you with. You don't give them clubs to beat you with.

Noem did both and it shows that she's not cut out for the job.

Sorry, not sorry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:25:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#5]
Yeah it’s definitely a weird flex.

I’ve probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it’s fate.

Doing that isn’t fun, and it’s not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don’t brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

View Quote

+1 weird/stupid flex indeed. Some people just have to spill it. It was also dumb & irresponsible. 14 month old pup & she gave up on it. That's some shallow commitment.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone posted the full context of her statements from the book? Or is it just cherry picked quotes?

One can see discussing putting down animals among fellow farmers or ranchers as not a big deal thing. But to city and suburban folks along with a media and political types looking for any weakness or crack to exploit this was pants on head stupid to say publicly. Wonder if she had no choice but bring it up now to get it out in the open because others witnessed the animals being put down rather than have it land as an October surprise if Trump had picked her. No matter the reason, it likely sinks her politically outside of the farming folks.

Her tweet likewise won't sit well with many people and just gives more ammo to use against her by the media and political types.

Kristi Noem
@KristiNoem
We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm. Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years.

If you want more real, honest, and politically INcorrect stories that’ll have the media gasping, preorder “No Going Back”: https://t.co/TDCUjjMhJZ
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Has anyone posted the full context of her statements from the book? Or is it just cherry picked quotes?

One can see discussing putting down animals among fellow farmers or ranchers as not a big deal thing. But to city and suburban folks along with a media and political types looking for any weakness or crack to exploit this was pants on head stupid to say publicly. Wonder if she had no choice but bring it up now to get it out in the open because others witnessed the animals being put down rather than have it land as an October surprise if Trump had picked her. No matter the reason, it likely sinks her politically outside of the farming folks.

Her tweet likewise won't sit well with many people and just gives more ammo to use against her by the media and political types.

Kristi Noem
@KristiNoem
We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm. Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years.

If you want more real, honest, and politically INcorrect stories that’ll have the media gasping, preorder “No Going Back”: https://t.co/TDCUjjMhJZ
View Quote

Politicians never know when the STFU.  Part of the narcisism of a politician is thinking they can talk their way out of anything.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
It’s still Trump/Noem 2024.

Get with the program, skags.
View Quote

Nope.  Trump/Sarah Huckabee is the winning combo.

Noem is finished. It does not matter what anyone here thinks.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

he is picking Tulsi
View Quote

This is probably what will happen. Get ready for Tulsi and Orange man’s common sense assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

People are being hypocritical because her story as it's written describes lazy dog handling, and blames the dog for it's faults rather than the trainer.

Appearing to be proud of the act just makes it worse for her.

I can only think of a few very specific circumstances where you would shoot a dog, and an immature bird dog killing chickens in not one of those instances, not even close.

A dog that can't be trained is entirely different, but at 14 months with an unknown history of training, we can only really assume she was just mad and took it out on the dog that day. Not great optics for someone running for office.
View Quote

You don’t understand how line breeding works and the culling methods used.

There’s no possible way you can determine whether these behaviors are a result of poor training or poor breeding.  Also that determination would be highly subjective.  The fact remains, line breeding programs have and do cull dogs for less flawed behavior.

I’m going to agree, this situation could and should have been handled differently.  Many alternative avenues existed outside killing the dog.  That being said…you can’t have it both ways.  What she did is still common behavior for line breeding and none of these dogs would exist without these breeding practices.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]

I don't think she is a breeder though, just an idiot that apparently can't train her dog.

If she really cared about the breed she would have returned it to the breeder and they would have chosen the best course of action.
View Quote

The dog clearly wasn’t aggressive towards humans because the daughter wanted to know where it was which would imply she played with dog a lot. I think the whole turned and bit thing was probably her trying to stop the dog in a panicked state and she put her hand between the dogs mouth and the chicken it was biting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By beardog30:

There’s no possible way you can determine whether these behaviors are a result of poor training or poor breeding.  Also that determination would be highly subjective.  The fact remains, line breeding programs have and do cull dogs for less flawed behavior.

I’m going to agree, this situation could and should have been handled differently.  Many alternative avenues existed outside killing the dog.  That being said…you can’t have it both ways.  What she did is still common behavior for line breeding and none of these dogs would exist without these breeding practices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

People are being hypocritical because her story as it's written describes lazy dog handling, and blames the dog for it's faults rather than the trainer.

Appearing to be proud of the act just makes it worse for her.

I can only think of a few very specific circumstances where you would shoot a dog, and an immature bird dog killing chickens in not one of those instances, not even close.

A dog that can't be trained is entirely different, but at 14 months with an unknown history of training, we can only really assume she was just mad and took it out on the dog that day. Not great optics for someone running for office.

@beardog30

Give me the name of a sporting breeding association that advocates for behavioral euthanasia, prior to a proper assessment/training approach, in the last 25 years.

I can tell you that GWP's, GSP's, SRHP's, and Pudelpointer association's would ban a member. Undesirable traits are identified, the dogs are spayed/neutered, and they're usually sent out to non-hunting or non-testing families. I don't know a single reputable breeder that would advocate giving up on an animal like this, without at a minimum offering to take it back and try to fix the stupid mistakes the owner probably made.

This is not normal practice in the last 30 years at a minimum with professional gundog breeders, nor is it normal behavior for upper-middle-class people that own 10k acre ranches.

She wasn't an "up at 4am to feed the cows" kind of "aww shucks" farmer. She is an upper middle-class politician, that never did much as far as education or a career, and that just said some really dumb shit in an attempt to show how tough and relatable she is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dan1918A2:
I like dogs just fine. I like cats even more.

Sometimes something needs killing and it’s as simple as that.

If something causes more trouble than it’s worth, it can go. Be done with it.

Shitbag humans can also fall into this category. But we’re not allowed to put them down.
View Quote

Only if they're in the womb, or, as many democrats desire, even if they've been out of the womb for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:12:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#15]
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

@beardog30

Give me the name of a sporting breeding association that advocates for behavioral euthanasia, prior to a proper assessment/training approach, in the last 25 years.

I can tell you that GWP's, GSP's, SRHP's, and Pudelpointer association's would ban a member. Undesirable traits are identified, the dogs are spayed/neutered, and they're usually sent out to non-hunting or non-testing families. I don't know a single reputable breeder that would advocate giving up on an animal like this, without at a minimum offering to take it back and try to fix the stupid mistakes the owner probably made.

This is not normal practice in the last 30 years at a minimum with professional gundog breeders, nor is it normal behavior for upper-middle-class people that own 10k acre ranches.

She wasn't an "up at 4am to feed the cows" kind of "aww shucks" farmer. She is an upper middle-class politician, that never did much as far as education or a career, and that just said some really dumb shit in an attempt to show how tough and relatable she is.
View Quote

Advocate?  What’s that have to do with facts.  These clubs probably don’t advocate this practice as it be a PR nightmare.
They might even kick members out as you suggested.  

It doesn’t change the fact that none of those breeds would exist without extensive culling for behavioral attributes.  They can stand on a fictitious moral high ground all they want…they wouldn’t have a club without line breeding.

I don’t think you and most people understand what it takes to breed specific traits and behaviors when you don’t have 100000 years of evolution to cherry pick dogs.  In order to get the breeds we have today, thousands if not millions of dogs were culled to produce desirable traits.

The internet and artificial insemination/accessible sperm banks has made line breeding much more tame.  The fact remains, none of these dogs exist without culling of less than desirable traits, including behavioral traits.  It’s hypocritical to own and use these purpose bred dogs without acknowledging how these dogs came into fruition.  

We can Monday morning quarterback her behavior all day long…rationalize how she could have done things differently due to her socioeconomic status…fact still remains what she did is inline with established breeding practices that brought us these dogs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like the hero 50% of GD deserves
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I shot a big ram one time fucker knocked my knee out of joint and tried to hit me twice while I was on the ground in pain.  It got between me and an old car in the pasture. I kicked it in the side of the head with my semi good leg and actually smashed the door to the car in with its head..  a couple weeks later my friend called me and asked if I wanted to kill that fucker and I did kill that big fucker.

Fucking felt good to kill that son of a bitch
It took all two of us two big guys in our prime to pick it up hang it and butcher it.

I doubt that fucker was any good to eat but I helped him get it on ice.  If I would have had a gun I would have killed him in that pasture and left him lay.
I know guys who have shot lots of dogs I’ve been with them when they did it.  If the dogs would have gone my way I would have killed them. They happened to get lucky and they got the shot.
Dogs running in packs, turned and came at us, and chasing deer, and dogs that bit people or other dogs, or killed chickens.

She knew eventually it would come out so she let it out

SSS is the best way
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By The_Beaten_Weiner:
Note to self :

If Kristi Noem ever tells you " Hey let's go take a walk down to the gravel pit ! "

Don't go !
View Quote

I had a friend who lived on a small tract of land out in the country.
People dropped off dogs all the time.
His father would take them for a walk.

One day his father wanted him to go walking to shoot some doves.  He did not go.  Later told his dad no one ever comes back from your walks.
They laughed
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By drew5337:

Behavioral euthanasia is a thing, it was a factor in putting down my dog Nitro, a GSD with a mean streak a mile wide.

If an animal were a danger to people, I've got no moral qualms with it.  I'd probably let the vet do it as opposed to shooting it myself, but then I'm not a fucking psychopath.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Republicans just love to shoot themselves in the foot! Seriously why write about that?

Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” the South Dakota governor writes in a new book, adding that the dog, a female, had an “aggressive personality” and needed to be trained to be used for hunting pheasant.
What unfolds over the next few pages shows how that effort went very wrong indeed – and, remarkably, how Cricket was not the only domestic animal Noem chose to kill one day in hunting season.

She includes her story about the ill-fated Cricket, she says, to illustrate her willingness, in politics as well as in South Dakota life, to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done.
By taking Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs, Noem says, she hoped to calm the young dog down and begin to teach her how to behave. Unfortunately, Cricket ruined the hunt, going “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life”.
Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.
“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”
Noem, who also represented her state in Congress for eight years, got her gun, then led Cricket to a gravel pit.

“It was not a pleasant job,” she writes, “but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realised another unpleasant job needed to be done.”
Incredibly, Noem’s tale of slaughter is not finished.
Her family, she writes, also owned a male goat that was “nasty and mean”, because it had not been castrated. Furthermore, the goat smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid” and “loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes.
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.

This is why women don’t belong in politics and leadership positions imho. Sounds like she got all emotionally overwhelmed and went on a killing spree.

Behavioral euthanasia is a thing, it was a factor in putting down my dog Nitro, a GSD with a mean streak a mile wide.

If an animal were a danger to people, I've got no moral qualms with it.  I'd probably let the vet do it as opposed to shooting it myself, but then I'm not a fucking psychopath.

I’m not I psychopath either but everytime I eat a hamburger I just killed a cow and it’s cheaper to take care of your own problems than pay a vet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Republicans just love to shoot themselves in the foot! Seriously why write about that?

Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” the South Dakota governor writes in a new book, adding that the dog, a female, had an “aggressive personality” and needed to be trained to be used for hunting pheasant.
What unfolds over the next few pages shows how that effort went very wrong indeed – and, remarkably, how Cricket was not the only domestic animal Noem chose to kill one day in hunting season.

She includes her story about the ill-fated Cricket, she says, to illustrate her willingness, in politics as well as in South Dakota life, to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done.
By taking Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs, Noem says, she hoped to calm the young dog down and begin to teach her how to behave. Unfortunately, Cricket ruined the hunt, going “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life”.
Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.
“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”
Noem, who also represented her state in Congress for eight years, got her gun, then led Cricket to a gravel pit.

“It was not a pleasant job,” she writes, “but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realised another unpleasant job needed to be done.”
Incredibly, Noem’s tale of slaughter is not finished.
Her family, she writes, also owned a male goat that was “nasty and mean”, because it had not been castrated. Furthermore, the goat smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid” and “loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes.
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.

This is why women don’t belong in politics and leadership positions imho. Sounds like she got all emotionally overwhelmed and went on a killing spree.

I’m not I psychopath either but everytime I eat a hamburger I just killed a cow and it’s cheaper to take care of your own problems than pay a vet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:

Kristi Noem
@KristiNoem

View Quote

Now she's comparing shooting a dog she claims to have hated to putting down some old horses?

What a retard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#24]

This is probably what will happen. Get ready for Tulsi and Orange man’s common sense assault weapons ban.
View All Quotes

he is picking Tulsi

She refused to vote on his impeachment… add to that she’s a piece of shit, it’s not happening.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Advocate?  What’s that have to do with facts.  These clubs probably don’t advocate this practice as it be a PR nightmare.

It doesn’t change the fact that none of those breeds would exist without extensive culling for behavioral attributes.  They can stand on a fictitious moral high ground all they want…they wouldn’t have a club without line breeding.

I don’t think you and most people understand what it takes to breed specific traits and behaviors when you don’t have 100000 years of evolution to cherry pick dogs.  In order to get the breeds we have today, thousands if not millions of dogs were culled to produce desirable traits.

The internet and artificial insemination/accessible sperm banks has made line breeding much more tame.  The fact remains, none of these dogs exist without culling of less than desirable traits, including behavioral traits.  It’s hypocritical to own and use these purpose bred dogs without acknowledging how these dogs came into fruition.  

We can Monday morning quarterback her behavior all day long…rationalize how she could have done things differently due to her socioeconomic status…fact still remains what she did is inline with established breeding practices that brought us these dogs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

@beardog30

We understand, you keep telling us the same thing.

I know that culling was and is used in breeds.

She didn't cull, she killed.

The breeders should be the ones making the calls when it comes selecting for traits and behavior, not a moron that could afford one of the dogs.

If the dog wasn't sent back to the breeder how could they ever even make that determination. If anything she made the program worse because she took data away from the breeder that they could have used when choosing stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#26]

The only fantasy world in this thread is the one where folks think bragging about killing your daughters bird dog for… chasing birds is A) normal and B) not political suicide.

You can boast all you want about “Muh country livin” facts or not. But all you are really accomplishing is fulfilling negative stereotypes about rural white folks to middle of the road voters, losing them and the elections and SCOTUS justices that go with them.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Josh:

No, it isn't.

You're making up some fantasy of a world to argue about.  

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.

The only fantasy world in this thread is the one where folks think bragging about killing your daughters bird dog for… chasing birds is A) normal and B) not political suicide.

You can boast all you want about “Muh country livin” facts or not. But all you are really accomplishing is fulfilling negative stereotypes about rural white folks to middle of the road voters, losing them and the elections and SCOTUS justices that go with them.

Nobody's "boasting" about anything.

It's life.

You and your tree hugging hippy buddies who live in some fantasy world while pretending you understand, you simply don't.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#27]
She fucked up thinking city folks would understand.

I grew up on a ranch, if your dog killed livestock your dog was gone.

If your dog killed livestock and threatened its owner it was dead on the spot.

SSS.

Grandpa did not fuck around with this shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

he is picking Tulsi

It's pretty obvious Tulsi is a totally different person since she got shitcanned by the democrats.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
I’ve been a hard core Republican since I was 13, but the willful and spiteful ignorance coming from our “leadership” is extremely demoralizing.    

Nobody could be that stupid by accident.  It’s as if they don’t want to win.    Maybe they were paid to quit and lay down; destroy us from within. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
View Quote

You are an overly generous man.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

SSS.

View Quote

As is obvious in this thread, city folks and even the city infected hippy country folks don't understand reality.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Realistically Tulsi would be a phenomenal pick.  So he's probably going to pick somebody else.
View Quote

Unfortunately this.

Trump picks the best people.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Unfortunately this.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Realistically Tulsi would be a phenomenal pick.  So he's probably going to pick somebody else.

Unfortunately this.

Sanders would be another good pick, and the two of them seem to get along, so it's possible he might pick her, but I think Tulsi would be way better to pull in at least some independent support.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That’s farm life.
View Quote

I mean, I've killed dogs that were mostly feral and killing wanted animals.

That story sounds like someone who needs to know about training dogs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#34]

The breeders should be the ones making the calls when it comes selecting for traits and behavior, not a moron that could afford one of the dogs.

If the dog wasn't sent back to the breeder how could they ever even make that determination. If anything she made the program worse because she took data away from the breeder that they could have used when choosing stock.
View Quote

Do you understand though, because you’ve yet to show that you’re capable of moving past your emotions.  

That’s your opinion and mine as well for what it’s worth…fact remains what she did in line with culling practices.  You and I can’t criticize her if we’re going to use the dogs produced by the same breeding practices.

Lol the breeder should make the call?  Plenty of morons in the dog breeding world too.
According to you…Somehow being a “breeder” makes you the gate keeper on evaluating all dogs behavior.  Which breeder determines the standard to which all dogs are bred?  You may want to send a memo to every reputable breeder that they have to come up with a uniform standard that’s applied to every dog.  I hate to break this to you kennel clubs only establishes a base line and the behavior from breeder to breeder varies wildly.  Paint River setters wouldn’t tolerate a setter from the Berg brothers or Cash setters and vice versa.  All three of those lines are world renowned.  Go ahead and try to get them to agree on a behavior standard.  This dog is ultimately property and the desired behavior the owners want is subjective.  The owner…whether that be the breeder or end user alone gets to determine what is or is not desirable and if they decide to cull that animal, it’s inline with thousands of years of basic animal husbandry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#35]

As is obvious in this thread, city folks and even the city infected hippy country folks don't understand reality.
View Quote

Part of me thinks the real thing angering city folks is the fact she told a cold, hard, fundamental truth about dealing with dangerous animals.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: foggy] [#36]
she told a cold, hard, fundamental truth about dealing with dangerous animals.
View Quote

"ATF has entered the chat"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

True, but this was a bird dog. Of course it killed chickens.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Now that literally made me laugh out loud....
Got damm
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

SSS.

Very few people understand reality outside their own specialty.  And most either actively don't want to, or would be shocked and upset if they were told about it.  Hence the idiocy of putting this anecdote down on paper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Do you understand though, because you’ve yet to show that you’re capable of moving past your emotions.  

That’s your opinion and mine as well for what it’s worth…fact remains what she did in line with culling practices.  You and I can’t criticize her if we’re going to use the dogs produced by the same breeding practices.

Lol the breeder should make the call?  Plenty of morons in the dog breeding world too.
According to you…Somehow being a “breeder” makes you the gate keeper on evaluating all dogs behavior.  Which breeder determines the standard to which all dogs are bred?  You may want to send a memo to every reputable breeder that they have to come up with a uniform standard that’s applied to every dog.  I hate to break this to you kennel clubs only establishes a base line and the behavior from breeder to breeder varies wildly.  Paint River setters wouldn’t tolerate a setter from the Berg brothers or Cash setters and vice versa.  All three of those lines are world renowned.  Go ahead and try to get them to agree on a behavior standard.  This dog is ultimately property and the desired behavior the owners want is subjective.  The owner…whether that be the breeder or end user alone gets to determine what is or is not desirable and if they decide to cull that animal, it’s inline with thousands of years of basic animal husbandry.
View All Quotes

Okay. How about this then.

What was gained for that line by her killing that dog? Were there other pups in that litter with the same issues? Were they also culled?

We don't even know what kind of training the dog had before that, could have been a dynamo of a dog but the handler was a moron.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
I've been a hard core Republican since I was 13, but the willful and spiteful ignorance coming from our "leadership" is extremely demoralizing.    

Nobody could be that stupid by accident.  It's as if they don't want to win.    Maybe they were paid to quit and lay down; destroy us from within. It's the only thing that makes sense.
View Quote
Yeah. This one is so bad I think it's a lesser insult to say it's intentional rather than saying this is how stupid Noem is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Republicans are so fucked this election cycle. It's gonna be a weird fall. Seems like they are doing their best to push those on the fence right over the left side.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#43]
What the fuck...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

This is EXACTLY why conservatives cannot win and our way of life is disappearing.

We should not roast her, we need to rally around her.
View Quote

I agree with you that this is exactly why conservatives cannot win, but not for the reasons you think. What kind of stupid bitch would say something like this? Does she actually think this makes her more viable candidate on the national scene? She’s a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#45]

No, it isn't.

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deanwormer:
Gosh this whole "i'm a tough guy farmer thats how we do things, you city slickers just dont get it" cosplay is the most hilarious fake ass flex of them all on arfcom... need to add that to the "i'm all these cool things" copypasta

Like you aren't nearly all sitting in a suburban tract home just like the rest of us.  your fancy lawnmower and half a dozen potted plants doesn't make you a Subsistence farmer.

and if you work on/for/own a farm, congratulations... you bring a product to market in a capitalist* supply/demand system with unique challenges, just like the rest of us (be it with our hands, mind, product produced/grown whatever).... doesn't make you special.  Perhaps you can educate this white-collar no-nothing girly-handed city-slicker on how blasting your failed hunting dog is part of the unique challenge of agribusiness.

*curios how so many "rural conservative pro capitalist real-America(tm) red states" sure LOVE them some farm subsidies...

Yeah it's definitely a weird flex.

I've probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it's fate.

Doing that isn't fun, and it's not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don't brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

Nobody is "flexing" anything.

It's just facts.

It's a total flex and prideful ignorance.

Killing livestock and even dogs may indeed be an unpleasant part of farm life and selective breeding, but whether you like it or not to 85% of the country dogs are considered a beloved part of the family, not something to be discarded when they become inconvenient due to their owners incompetence.

This is the redneck equivalent of a black politician admitting they shot up the house of someone that disrespected them, then when invariably 85% of people think he's a psychopath, claiming that the people flipping out about it just don't understand hood life.

ETA it's not the "facts" that are wrong, it's the head in the sand egocentrism and ignorance of how the rest of the world will view it.

No, it isn't.

Lol yeah it's a weird flex. I had to provide references a couple pages back to prove I was farm stronk enough to even weigh in.

And all this is as if she's some subsistence farmer scratching in the dirt every morning before the sun comes up "If muh dog don't earn his meals, I take him to the gravel pit! Everyone earns their keep on the farm, or they don't eat!"

Lol she's a rich politician, not a dirt farmer
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By foggy:

"ATF has entered the chat"
View Quote

when I say dangerous animals, I don't just mean dogs.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#47]

Nobody's "boasting" about anything.

It's life.

You and your tree hugging hippy buddies who live in some fantasy world while pretending you understand, you simply don't.
View Quote

Haha picture of “tree hugging hippy” who lives in fantasy land. Sure buddy, just keep telling yourself that.
Attachment Attached File

Maybe just not a complete psychopath who is a realist with regards to the American electorate.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Girl boss cunt ‘s political career just got  cricketed and taken to the gravel pit.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Some of you all have no fucking clue what world farmers live in.

Dog bites human, dog dies. That’s it.  Done. There is no “shelter”.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
Originally Posted By JKH62:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.

A bird dog is part of a hobby though. Its death isn’t a planned part of the businesses operation.

A decent person would take a dog that doesn’t hunt to a shelter and let the shelter people know it’s a pet-only situation.

This wasn’t a “had to do it” thing, it was “don’t want to deal with this anymore”.

Some of you all have no fucking clue what world farmers live in.

Dog bites human, dog dies. That’s it.  Done. There is no “shelter”.

These are the same people ok with killing babies in order to win elections. Babies ok....dogs no.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#50]
I dunno, I love dogs, but getting bit hard by one will change your tune pretty quick.
 Using that story as an anecdote to bolster your political image is suicidal though.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top