User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Boring.

Do Harvard, a $42 billion tax-free investment and government control entity masquerading as a university.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now do the Vatican!

Boring.

Do Harvard, a $42 billion tax-free investment and government control entity masquerading as a university.

This is a rounding error to the LDS church.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And this Saturday you’re assigned to clean the church because it’s too expensive to hire custodians. Time to get on hands and knees to scrape play-dough out of the nursery carpet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the documents:

p.3

The Church created Ensign Peak in 1997 as an integrated auxiliary of the Church to manage the Church’s investment securities. Ensign Peak has no shareholders or members. The securities portfolio managed by Ensign Peak consists of what the Church calls “reserve funds” or “reserves,” which include U.S. equity and debt securities purchased with excess tithing, income and returns generated by Ensign Peak, and the assets of other Church integrated auxiliaries. Ensign Peak does not charge the Church management fees.

To prevent disclosure of the securities portfolio managed by Ensign Peak, the Church approved Ensign Peak’s plan of using other entities, instead of Ensign Peak, to file Forms 13F. The Church was concerned that disclosure of the assets in the name of Ensign Peak, a known Church affiliate, would lead to negative consequences in light of the size of the Church’s portfolio. Ensign Peak did not have the authority to implement this approach without the approval of the Church’s First Presidency.

I'm LDS. This is a problem.

And this Saturday you’re assigned to clean the church because it’s too expensive to hire custodians. Time to get on hands and knees to scrape play-dough out of the nursery carpet.

Not my week.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I live amongst Mormons but I don't belong to their church.  For the most part the members of the Mormon church are good people.  Very faithful to their religion, almost to a fault.

The money thing has always bothered me.  I see families struggling to make ends meet while paying two taxes- one to their church and one to the government.  It shouldn't be that way.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now do the Vatican!

View Quote

X1000
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Now do Scientology.
View Quote

X1,000,000
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, OP really has a hardon for the mormons.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is correct. Employed building custodians went away many years ago. Now they assign several members a week to clean the churches on Saturday. It’s an opportunity for more service.

IIRC the volunteer/service work that members provide for charity is assigned a dollar value and included when announcing the church’s charitable outreach. Need to find verification on that one, so take it as speculation.
View Quote

Wrong.   Not speculation, just flat out not true.   Just like much of the church criticism you see out there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
John Moses Browning was LDS. The company that bears his name is still in Ogden UT, a suburb of SLC.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Desert Tech is owned by the Kingston polygamist crime family.

Small but important distinction.

Fundamentalist LDS offshoot and not mainstream Mormon church.

Think closer to OG Joseph Smith and not nearly as rich or influential as the Salt Lake church.
View Quote

But they are following the exact same doctrine, with the exact same books, right?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So it's just a big investment firm making a few people rich
View Quote

Who is getting rich off of it?

Real names, please.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live amongst Mormons but I don't belong to their church.  For the most part the members of the Mormon church are good people.  Very faithful to their religion, almost to a fault.

The money thing has always bothered me.  I see families struggling to make ends meet while paying two taxes- one to their church and one to the government.  It shouldn't be that way.

View Quote

What other core doctrines and principles of various religions are okay to overlook because they are a struggle for some individuals to follow? Any of the 10 commandments on that list?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
IRS will not get involved once the LDS pays their tithe (with accrued interest) to the "Big Man"

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Now do the biggest shadow group of "persecuted" religious folk that has nefariously infiltrated almost every pillar of money, power, and control in the world. The group that hates everyone, even themselves when they have a moment of reflection.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wrong.   Not speculation, just flat out not true.   Just like much of the church criticism you see out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct. Employed building custodians went away many years ago. Now they assign several members a week to clean the churches on Saturday. It’s an opportunity for more service.

IIRC the volunteer/service work that members provide for charity is assigned a dollar value and included when announcing the church’s charitable outreach. Need to find verification on that one, so take it as speculation.

I have not been able to find any complete itemized breakdown in church reports going as far back as 2011. In the absence of that, neither your nor my position can be proven.

However, I said that mine needed verification and was based in memory. You made a statement of fact, which as a STEM educated professional you know requires documentation. I would be happy to find something more concrete than statements of combined giving.

You will find your literature review to be more convoluted since they recently consolidated reports to include internal welfare along with humanitarian outreach.

Please @ me when you have the citation, Doctor.  

Page 7 of this pdf includes at least some services with the dollar figure on expenditures. Based on that at least, my position is supported.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/shared/english/charities/pdf/2021/PD60013504_CaringForThoseInNeed_Annual_Report_2021_mobile_eng.pdf?lang=eng

All of the above notwithstanding, conservative estimates on tithing and other contributions are on the order of several billion dollars a year. Reported charitable outreach is about $900M a year, and the EPA fund essentially self-sustaining, what happens to the excess contributions?

If the whistleblower report to the IRS is accurate, “excess tithing” is allocated to the EPA fund. That should be transparent to the membership who are led to believe they’re donating to charity. IME, most members probably believe that tithing and fast offerings are both used for welfare and humanitarian aid. I was under that impression in my younger years.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#15]
LDS just doing the needful

What’s surprising about the big dogs scrapping
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have not been able to find any complete itemized breakdown in church reports going as far back as 2011. In the absence of that, neither your nor my position can be proven.

However, I said that mine needed verification and was based in memory. You made a statement of fact, which as a STEM educated professional you know requires documentation. I would be happy to find something more concrete than statements of combined giving.

You will find your literature review to be more convoluted since they recently consolidated reports to include internal welfare along with humanitarian outreach.

Please @ me when you have the citation, Doctor.  

Page 7 of this pdf includes at least some services with the dollar figure on expenditures.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/shared/english/charities/pdf/2021/PD60013504_CaringForThoseInNeed_Annual_Report_2021_mobile_eng.pdf?lang=eng

All of the above notwithstanding, conservative estimates on tithing and other contributions are on the order of several billion dollars a year. Reported charitable outreach is about $900M a year, and the EPA fund essentially self-sustaining, what happens to the excess contributions?

If the whistleblower report to the IRS is accurate, “excess tithing” is allocated to the EPA fund. That should be transparent to the membership who are led to believe they’re donating to charity. If you polled most members, most probably believe that tithing and fast offerings are both used for welfare and humanitarian aid.
View Quote

I know it is false because I have been involved in both the planning of and carrying out meetinghouse cleaning.   There is no reporting of how long it takes to clean or how many people are involved.   It is left up to individual units to decide how to clean.  

I know some units that have families receiving church welfare assistance involved in much of the cleaning.  That is one difference between government welfare and church welfare.   Government is a free handout with nothing expected in return.  The Church expects those that receive assistance to do some form of service in return.  It could be cleaning the building,  it could be mowing an elderly persons lawn for them.  I have seen a bishop ask a member family receiving assistance to go to a local nursing home and visit those residents without families to visit them.  It lets them do something for the help they receive and not simply become dependent.

Any "excess" funds are invested to have for when times become more difficult.  There will be times in the future when more will be spent.   The church is not like the government that spends more then it takes in.  It saves so when needed it is available.

With 128 temples in various stages of construction or renovation,  you could say there is probably not much excess.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know it is false because I have been involved in both the planning of and carrying out meetinghouse cleaning.   There is no reporting of how long it takes to clean or how many people are involved.   It is left up to individual units to decide how to clean.  

I know some units that have families receiving church welfare assistance involved in much of the cleaning.  That is one difference between government welfare and church welfare.   Government is a free handout with nothing expected in return.  The Church expects those that receive assistance to do some form of service in return.  It could be cleaning the building,  it could be mowing an elderly persons lawn for them.  I have seen a bishop ask a member family receiving assistance to go to a local nursing home and visit those without families to visit them.  It lets them do something for the help they receive and not simply become dependent.

Any "excess" funds are invested to have for when times become more difficult.  There will be times in the future when more will be spent.   The church is not like the government that spends more then it takes in.  It saves so when needed it is available.

With 128 temples in various stages of construction or renovation,  you could say there is probably not much excess.
View Quote

I’ve been involved in the meetinghouse cleaning, too. That’s not what I’m discussing.

I’m referring to things like documented hours donated to working in the cannery, service hour reports from missionaries, donated professional services and even unskilled labor, etc.

Look at the rules for filing IRS form 990. Volunteer hours are explicitly disallowed from being listed as contributions in parts 1 and 2. They ARE allowed to be described as expenses in part 3, statement or program service announcements. General volunteer hours for charities are estimated around $30, with professional hours being higher values.

It is entirely legal for a tax exempt organization to report volunteer hours. That’s several orders of magnitude less complicated than the actions described in the SEC notice, and it’s not even questionably legal. It’s overtly legal on the IRS page. It doesn’t take a consultation with a law firm.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember hearing at one time how much money passes through the LDS church.  I don't recall exactly what the numbers were, but it was jaw-dropping.
View Quote

figure 10 million members (low) , income of 30k per member,  10% tithe.. BIG money quick.

3000x10million incomes. is that 3 billion a year?, say 50% compounding  after 10+ years you are talking serious money.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’ve been involved in the meetinghouse cleaning, too. That’s not what I’m discussing.

I’m referring to things like documented hours donated to working in the cannery, service hour reports from missionaries, donated professional services and even unskilled labor, etc.

Look at the rules for filing IRS form 990. Volunteer hours are explicitly disallowed from being listed as contributions in parts 1 and 2. They ARE allowed to be described as expenses in part 3, statement or program service announcements. General volunteer hours for charities are estimated around $30, with professional hours being higher values.

It is entirely legal for a tax exempt organization to report volunteer hours. That’s several orders of magnitude less complicated than the actions described in the SEC notice, and it’s not even questionably legal. It’s overtly legal on the IRS page. It doesn’t take a consultation with a law firm.

View Quote

Your statement made it seem that is what you were discussing.  

You talked about members cleaning the chapels for more "service",  and then stated right after that the church counts service hours towards it's charitable donations.  

I have also been involved with planning and leading service functions after natural disasters and am not aware of any reporting of service hours that is used to add to it's charity count.  Funds spent for relief aid and supplies would be.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know some units that have families receiving church welfare assistance involved in much of the cleaning.  That is one difference between government welfare and church welfare.   Government is a free handout with nothing expected in return.  The Church expects those that receive assistance to do some form of service in return.  It could be cleaning the building,  it could be mowing an elderly persons lawn for them.  I have seen a bishop ask a member family receiving assistance to go to a local nursing home and visit those residents without families to visit them.  It lets them do something for the help they receive and not simply become dependent.

View Quote

That is not how it works around here.  The takers take until they wear out their welcome, then move to an adjacent ward and start over again.  These are the same people that call on thanksgiving to cry about not having anything to eat, then bitch when you show up with generics.  FTN.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
This is a bit of a non sequitir, but a few of the nurses I’m working with got in a discussion about how many times they’ve had to help patients with strokes or heart attacks during sacrament meeting.

How many meetinghouses have an AED? None that I’ve ever seen. How many have any first aid supplies beyond the rusty metal wall mounted box in the custodial closet? None that I’ve ever seen. IIRC only temples have AEDs.

This speaks to a level of regard for membership at large vs the PR & branding. I’ve picked up a high level Choir member who got flown to a meeting on a donated flight from a Learjet. His suit cost more than the Toyota I was driving.

It would not be unreasonable to wonder why tithing funds or other surpluses aren’t used to have lifesaving equipment in general meetinghouses.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now do the biggest shadow group of "persecuted" religious folk that has nefariously infiltrated almost every pillar of money, power, and control in the world. The group that hates everyone, even themselves when they have a moment of reflection.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-132.gif

View Quote

Oy gevalt!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I forget which leader said this but he suggested that instead of saying "church" replace it with "God".

So God committed SCC violations.
View Quote

Well if that's true, then it's God's money anyway, we know the government is corrupt, so it's His to do with as He pleases
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well if that's true, then it's God's money anyway, we know the government is corrupt, so it's His to do with as He pleases
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I forget which leader said this but he suggested that instead of saying "church" replace it with "God".

So God committed SCC violations.

And a little lightening smiting here and there wouldn't hurt anything either, while He's at it.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is a bit of a non sequitir, but a few of the nurses I’m working with got in a discussion about how many times they’ve had to help patients with strokes or heart attacks during sacrament meeting.

How many meetinghouses have an AED? None that I’ve ever seen. How many have any first aid supplies beyond the rusty metal wall mounted box in the custodial closet? None that I’ve ever seen. IIRC only temples have AEDs.

This speaks to a level of regard for membership at large vs the PR & branding. I’ve picked up a high level Choir member who got flown to a meeting on a donated flight from a Learjet. His suit cost more than the Toyota I was driving.

It would not be unreasonable to wonder why tithing funds or other surpluses aren’t used to have lifesaving equipment in general meetinghouses.
View Quote

AED's? LOL. Our carpet is worn down to the backing and the HVAC doesn't work in half the building.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

AED's? LOL. Our carpet is worn down to the backing and the HVAC doesn't work in half the building.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HVAC never works in the relief society room if you’re teaching Sunday school. It’s in the handbook. Look it up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

HVAC never works in the relief society room if you're teaching Sunday school. It's in the handbook. Look it up.
View Quote

Holy cow, this is totally true!

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wait,  are you saying the LDS church doesn't do real charity work as compared to the catholics?

What would you call the $5,000,000 the Mormon's gave for the restoration of the Cathedral of the Madeleine?
View Quote

I'm saying the LDS church, for calling itself a church, does surprisingly little comparatively speaking compared to the catholic church.

That $5 mil. is a tax deduction or rounding error compared the relative net worth of the enterprise, versus the catholic church.

I don't recall the catholics being found to break securities law and be fined by the SEC for "investments"

That's what i'm saying.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Only contributors can receive blessings and achieve salvation" though, like buying a life insurance policy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm saying the LDS church, for calling itself a church, does surprisingly little comparatively speaking compared to the catholic church.

That $5 mil. is a tax deduction or rounding error compared the relative net worth of the enterprise, versus the catholic church.

I don't recall the catholics being found to break securities law and be fined by the SEC for "investments"

That's what i'm saying.
View Quote

The Church has had many high profile financial improprieties.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Mormons are Democrats in Republican clothing
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

Jesus Christ is God, the Only-Begotten Son of our Heavenly Father.  He is the Creator of this world and all that exists in it.  He is the great I AM, Jehovah, the Lord of Hosts, the God of the Old Testament. He is our Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate to the Father.  We do not believe Jesus, our Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost are the same being. So for the record: Heavenly Father = God.  Jesus Christ = God. Holy Ghost = God. All members of the Godhead, but not the same being.

View Quote

But Jesus wasn't the only God according to mormons.  They say there were many Gods before him,  but before they were Gods they were men. It's also taught that a man can become God through the LDS church.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it possible to learn this power?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Mittens got to be all up in there doing it family style.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But Jesus wasn't the only God according to mormons.  They say there were many Gods before him,  but before they were Gods they were men. It's also taught that a man can become God through the LDS church.
View Quote

So did all those men who became gods pay tithing?

Let’s keep the thread on track now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Apparently, it doesn't pass through though...just sits in "rainy day funds".

So who is benefitting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember hearing at one time how much money passes through the LDS church.  I don't recall exactly what the numbers were, but it was jaw-dropping.

So who is benefitting?

From what I've heard, the LDS has a fairly extensive privatized social welfare program for their congregants. Yes, Mormons are expected to tithe 10% of their income... but they actually get something in return. By helping the church, the church actually stands by their own obligation of helping their members when they fall on hard times.

You can't say that about * A LOT * of non-LDS churches.

The fact that the LDS can accomplish that while *STILL* dealing with any amount of corruption... is actually a testimony to how good they are with money.

ETA: I say this as someone who is decidedly not mormon,... and frankly get pissed off that the LDS church seems to consistently produce some of the worst politicians the world has ever seen. I'm looking at you Mitt Romney and Harry Reid.

But the LDS's social safety net they provide congregants is something that is entirely biblical, and is a massive area in which other churches fall short.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
10% to the big church
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

From what I've heard, the LDS has a fairly extensive privatized social welfare program for their congregants. Yes, Mormons are expected to tithe 10% of their income... but they actually get something in return. By helping the church, the church actually stands by their own obligation of helping their members when they fall on hard times.

The fact that the LDS can accomplish that while *STILL* dealing with any amount of corruption... is actually a testimony to how good they are with money.

ETA: I say this as someone who is decidedly not mormon,... and frankly get pissed off that the LDS church seems to consistently produce some of the worst politicians the world has ever seen. I'm looking at you Mitt Romney and Harry Reid.

But the LDS's social safety net they provide congregants is something that is entirely biblical, and is a massive area in which other churches fall short.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who is benefitting?

As with government social welfare programs, there are scammers. I have a lazy BIL that "converted" to LDS just to get on the dole with them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Again,  pretty harmless compared to what the government has done.

I am a member and it doesn't bother me one bit.  Most faithful members I know also are not concerned over issues like this.  

It seems the only ones that get their panties in a bunch over these issues are ex-members or non-members trying to discredit the church.

I can see the good the church is doing all around the world with the funds they have.  I have seen the blessings paying tithing have brought into my life.  I listen to testimonies weekly of other members who also personally have seen the blessings of paying tithing in their lives.  

It's almost like God is keeping a promise he made somewhere in some book once:

"10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. "

I will keep paying faithfully because in my life experiences, I can not afford not to pay the Lord his share.

I believe this doesn't just apply to members of the LDS church either. Anyone willing to consecrate a tenth of their increase to God is entitled to his blessings.
View Quote

Just a quick question, how does your church view charitable donations that don’t go directly to the church?  Would they be considered part of your tithe?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is not how it works around here.  The takers take until they wear out their welcome, then move to an adjacent ward and start over again.  These are the same people that call on thanksgiving to cry about not having anything to eat, then bitch when you show up with generics.  FTN.

View Quote

Then the bishop is not doing his job.   The handbook is very clear that assistance is to be temporary and it's purpose is to help individuals on a path to become self reliant.  It also states members are expected to do something for assistance recieved.  

I know in the past,  members have come up to our bishop asking why they haven't gotten their check yet for an expense they had, and the bishop replied, :"because I asked you to mow widow so and so's lawn in return for the assistance, and is has not been done."  Some bishops are better then others.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just a quick question, how does your church view charitable donations that don’t go directly to the church?  Would they be considered part of your tithe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again,  pretty harmless compared to what the government has done.

I am a member and it doesn't bother me one bit.  Most faithful members I know also are not concerned over issues like this.  

It seems the only ones that get their panties in a bunch over these issues are ex-members or non-members trying to discredit the church.

I can see the good the church is doing all around the world with the funds they have.  I have seen the blessings paying tithing have brought into my life.  I listen to testimonies weekly of other members who also personally have seen the blessings of paying tithing in their lives.  

It's almost like God is keeping a promise he made somewhere in some book once:

"10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. "

I will keep paying faithfully because in my life experiences, I can not afford not to pay the Lord his share.

I believe this doesn't just apply to members of the LDS church either. Anyone willing to consecrate a tenth of their increase to God is entitled to his blessings.

Great question.

Curious, though, that it is considered benign since the government has done worse. That is a statement that you could make about any action, no matter how heinous. A poor excuse, IMO.

I also find it interesting that only those who send 10% to the big guy are entitled to His blessings. The God I know wouldn't preclude a righteous but poor soul from receiving His blessings. Since we are talking about scripture, see Luke 18:25

To be clear, I've never personally met a Mormon that I didn't find agreeable. That said, I also look with suspicion upon those who are fearful of criticizing/cannot find any fault with "their" church (any church) since the organizations are created by man and, as such, are imperfect are corruptible by nature.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure it doesn't count.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Then the bishop is not doing his job.   The handbook is very clear that assistance is to be temporary and it's purpose is to help individuals on a path to become self reliant.  It also states members are expected to do something for assistance recieved.  

I know in the past,  members have come up to our bishop asking why they haven't gotten their check yet for an expense they had, and the bishop replied, :"because I asked you to mow widow so and so's lawn in return for the assistance, and is has not been done."  Some bishops are better then others.
View Quote

Well the guy running the local ward must be a 'tard...'cause he never enforces the idea that the assistance is conditional.  As you would expect there are a group of perpetual "in need" in his ward.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, OP really has a hardon for the mormons.  
View Quote

Interesting screen name.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Crickets now, eh?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top