[#1]

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need a great helm.

And some mail.

A surcoat, too.

Heater shield or kite shield, while I'm at it, and an XI-XII century arming sword.
View Quote
If you were at all serious, I know people who can help you...my stuff is Norse, but any time period can be done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Beautiful. I've been looking for a leather holster just like that for my 19 with an rmr. How's the retention? @CnA
View Quote

It's great.  They did a fitting on me before the holster was completed to make sure the retention was correct.  Just a FYI, a couple of people wanted them to do the same Crusader design as my holster, but Split Second Tacticals will not copy original designs for others.   They will work with you to design unique artwork.   It's nice to know that mine is one of a kind, but other less reputable shops would probably copy it.

Now it's time to do some open carry in Dearborn, MI, aka Dearbornastan to see people get triggered. 
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you were at all serious, I know people who can help you...my stuff is Norse, but any time period can be done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/254435/My_Helmet-509311.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a great helm.

And some mail.

A surcoat, too.

Heater shield or kite shield, while I'm at it, and an XI-XII century arming sword.

@Kagetora

Details?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@Kagetora

Details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a great helm.

And some mail.

A surcoat, too.

@Kagetora

Details?
It's blackened 12ga and 14ga stainless, with brass riveting and trim. I had it made for me, cost was $1100.  It's designed for SCA (and other groups) heavy combat.

You can get cheaper "munitions grade" stuff, though. This was custom made for me. I'm still working on engraving the brass before attaching it permanently (you can see it's just temporarily attached in the pic).

There are people who make literally anything you want (and can afford) from simple cold-rolled steel armor in a "one size fits most" type to museum quality custom spring steel, to titanium "sport armor," and everything in between. The only limit is your wallet, and how long you are willing to wait.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, here are a couple links:

DarkHeart Armoury  -  Made the helmet in the pic I posted (a friend)

Aesir Metalwyrks  -  make pretty sharp looking stuff

There are many others.  People do this for a living.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's blackened 12ga and 14ga stainless, with brass riveting and trim. I had it made for me, cost was $1100.  It's designed for SCA (and other groups) heavy combat.

You can get cheaper "munitions grade" stuff, though. This was custom made for me. I'm still working on engraving the brass before attaching it permanently (you can see it's just temporarily attached in the pic).

There are people who make literally anything you want (and can afford) from simple cold-rolled steel armor in a "one size fits most" type to museum quality custom spring steel, to titanium "sport armor," and everything in between. The only limit is your wallet, and how long you are willing to wait.
View Quote

I'd pay decent money for a good one, but that's way out of the budget.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I have expensive hobbies. Lol. Firearms, fly-fishing, SCA. Adds up fast.

The current set I am working on is probably going to end up being, oh...$3000. But it includes that helmet and matching shoulder and knees, hidden titanium arms and elbows, ti gauntlets, hidden leather and ti upper legs, and a leather coat-of-plates. Some I made myself (so, materials cost) some I bought.

There is much less expensive stuff out there too. When I get home from work, I will try to find some links for decent munitions grade items.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are a couple links to places that make less expensive pieces. Some things to remember when buying armor:

-You get what you pay for. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. That's not to say it's bad, or doesn't work, it's just to say it's mass produced, one-size-fits-most, and typically made from cheaper (and heavier) materials. Custom stuff that fits you well costs more. Sort of the difference between being the Lord in the castle and the man-at-arms being issued stuff out of an armory.
-Always contact people before ordering anything, and check people out online before sending them money.  Some of these people can be a bit...flaky. Not dishonest, but difficult to deal with sometimes. Think contractors who tell you it will be done at a certain point, then you just expect it to be late.
-This shit does not stop bullets. My helmet? It would probably stop .22lr. Maybe pistol rounds on glancing shots...but likely not. That's not what it's for. Modern rounds go right through it. Those old breastplates with bullet dents and proof-marks? Shot by primitive black-powder weapons. Those penetrated quite a bit too. That's why people don't wear armor anymore.  

Anyway...

The Armour Archive forum  -Good place to get info and check sellers out. There are more forums if you make a membership and log in.

Illusion Armory

Bokalo's Armory

Icefalcon Armory

I am not endorsing these places, as I haven't bought from them. Well... I bought a helmet from Illusion Armory, and was quite happy with it, but that was in the early '90's. So, 25+ years ago.  Sites like these are what you are looking for though, for functional armor.  They make armor that can take a pounding, like for SCA, EMP, HEMA, Battle of Nations, etc.

Places like Armstreet, Dark Knight Armory, and others sell a lot of costume pieces, and sometimes some functional pieces, but read the description closely.

Museum quality replicas are super cool also, but also crazy expensive, and not designed to take continuous abuse. Historically, you'd survive a battle (hopefully) and have an armourer fix your stuff before the next one. Most of us don't have that luxury. Functional sport armor for the activities I mentioned tends to be overbuilt to minimize repairs.

Anyway, if you want to have a real set of Crusader armor, here is how you do it.

Oh, and chain mail? Looks awesome, is usually heavy as hell, and protects like shit. Great against a cutting weapon, and piercing if you have rivetted or welded links. Not as much against crushing ones.  You can find it all over the web, from butted aluminum and mild steel all the way up to rivetted and welded stainless, spring, and titanium.

Plate is far superior.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah! Must have.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm just barely through page two and I am laughing my ass off
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here are a couple links to places that make less expensive pieces. Some things to remember when buying armor:

-You get what you pay for. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. That's not to say it's bad, or doesn't work, it's just to say it's mass produced, one-size-fits-most, and typically made from cheaper (and heavier) materials. Custom stuff that fits you well costs more. Sort of the difference between being the Lord in the castle and the man-at-arms being issued stuff out of an armory.
-Always contact people before ordering anything, and check people out online before sending them money.  Some of these people can be a bit...flaky. Not dishonest, but difficult to deal with sometimes. Think contractors who tell you it will be done at a certain point, then you just expect it to be late.
-This shit does not stop bullets. My helmet? It would probably stop .22lr. Maybe pistol rounds on glancing shots...but likely not. That's not what it's for. Modern rounds go right through it. Those old breastplates with bullet dents and proof-marks? Shot by primitive black-powder weapons. Those penetrated quite a bit too. That's why people don't wear armor anymore.  

Anyway...

The Armour Archive forum  -Good place to get info and check sellers out. There are more forums if you make a membership and log in.

Illusion Armory

Bokalo's Armory

Icefalcon Armory

I am not endorsing these places, as I haven't bought from them. Well... I bought a helmet from Illusion Armory, and was quite happy with it, but that was in the early '90's. So, 25+ years ago.  Sites like these are what you are looking for though, for functional armor.  They make armor that can take a pounding, like for SCA, EMP, HEMA, Battle of Nations, etc.

Places like Armstreet, Dark Knight Armory, and others sell a lot of costume pieces, and sometimes some functional pieces, but read the description closely.

Museum quality replicas are super cool also, but also crazy expensive, and not designed to take continuous abuse. Historically, you'd survive a battle (hopefully) and have an armourer fix your stuff before the next one. Most of us don't have that luxury. Functional sport armor for the activities I mentioned tends to be overbuilt to minimize repairs.

Anyway, if you want to have a real set of Crusader armor, here is how you do it.

Oh, and chain mail? Looks awesome, is usually heavy as hell, and protects like shit. Great against a cutting weapon, and piercing if you have rivetted or welded links. Not as much against crushing ones.  You can find it all over the web, from butted aluminum and mild steel all the way up to rivetted and welded stainless, spring, and titanium.

Plate is far superior.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not us lord, not us, your name goes the glory
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Psalm 115:1
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway...

Illusion Armory

Bokalo's Armory

Icefalcon Armory

Plate is far superior.

Thanks.
Anytime. If you want more info, message me... I think I have hijacked this thread enough.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Thinking about getting one of these, Deus Vult?

Link Posted: 4/26/2018 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one and love it. Deus Vult for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I want one withna binary trigger in it for extra deus vult
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a meme, but I thought it was worth a mention. Also, it's pretty tasty.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Have one, highly recommend you FO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ve got one. I just haven’t decided what to do with it. I really want a MK12 I may go that route with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've got one. I just haven't decided what to do with it. I really want a MK12 I may go that route with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've got one. I just haven't decided what to do with it. I really want a MK12 I may go that route with it.
Check back a couple pages in this thread, I got the painted Crusader lower and put it on a 10.5" pistol kit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#26]
want.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Check back a couple pages in this thread, I got the painted Crusader lower and put it on a 10.5" pistol kit.
View Quote
Yeah man that looks badass. Mine isn’t painted but I really really dig that look. My wife is pretty artsy I may turn her loose on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope this isn’t a dupe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Primary Arms has the Crusader lower at $80 in stock
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#32]
mPsi posted this elsewhere...
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Deus Vult.

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
If I can get them with red engraving I'm down for a few
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
That site is unusable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I agree- it displays all wrong.
Navigation is a mess.

Here's a pic I got from there:

Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#42]
deus vult more memes!
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I heart this thread more than I should.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Where can a guy get that hat?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why does he have a Bently steering wheel in a Jeep?
View Quote
Have you ever tried driving these modern vehicles while wearing plate steel? The seats and steering wheel adjust only so far
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Stolen and cross posted from the YLYL thread.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Dang it, the Laser thread went to archive.

However, these are appropriate for here.  I introduce the Deus Vult collection.

5" Glass mirror, lasered and painted:

.30 Cal Ammo Can lasered and painted:

A wooden plank lasered and inked:

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top