Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/2/2019 5:27:50 PM EDT

Look man, I know you don't want to shoot the dude.. I've been there, but at a certain point, you have to shoot.

This one made my blood run cold, thank God his partner was a good shot.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't make it as a cop, I'd shot that fucker a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Blood ran cold is right. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Just more racists cops shooting unarmed people of color who are looking for help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that im a tough guy but he sounds like a school girl pleading with her big brother to give back her lunchbox. I too would be in jail for shooting a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
#10 adrenaline dump when he grabbed the officer.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Did he instinctively attempt to holster when he was charged?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
How many bullets did the guy take in the first fusillade?

Then he took a hostage? Dang.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncZfgmOJFc

Look man, I know you don't want to shoot the dude.. I've been there, but at a certain point, you have to shoot.

This one made my blood run cold, thank God his partner was a good shot.  
View Quote
Welcome to the new breed of police officer.

Technically proficient, but ill prepared to us those skills or too worried about the consequences if they do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
9mm?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
But, in the deescalation class I went to they showed us a video of like 18 cops that just kept backing up while some dude with a knife walked along the street. It was lauded a great example of patience and restraint because eventually the guy got talked out of his weapons and into handcuffs.

I wonder if this officer had seen that video?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
They shot him and then decided to go less than lethal?  Dumb
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Were they both trying to transition to less lethal?

I've seen in more than one video confusion of commands (either to other officers or to the perp).

In any emergency preparedness I've done, heck, even in youth baseball is someone takes the lead. Someone has to call the ball or take charge. Doesn't matter who, but someone has to. Either say I'm using less lethal or tell the other guy to.

Is that now how things are taught these days? Not second guessing in anyway, I'm sure when shit hits the fan some training goes out the window. Same with the old "you call 911" instead of "someone call 911".
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude was the fucking terminator.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
If you just tried to use deadly force don't go back to using non lethal force.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many bullets did the guy take in the first fusillade?

Then he took a hostage? Dang.
View Quote
Seven shots sent in the first round.  I think at least two, possibly a third hit.

Second round, three out of four I'll count as probables.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Everything was fine until they decided to holster their guns on a threat that was still active.

"Oh, the first time we needed to shoot him, but this time a taser will do."

Right, because the guy who just got up after taking 3 or 4 to the chest will totally go down with a taser, not to mention the taser is a one shot deal.  You miss and you're SOL.  They had already shot him once.  What was the hesitation of doing it again for a threat that's still clearly present?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Dumb. Cop. Almost. Died.

Dont ever transition to a taser from a handgun with an armed man within sight. Ever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But, in the deescalation class I went to they showed us a video of like 18 cops that just kept backing up while some dude with a knife walked along the street. It was lauded a great example of patience and restraint because eventually the guy got talked out of his weapons and into handcuffs.

View Quote
It's how the left gets another tentacle into society.

I just did a review of our states new laws as it relates to law enforcement and parole, probation and the thresholds for what constitutes a felony, what mandates "treatment" over incarceration, and how sentencing is being gutted.

All I can say is good luck folks.

I'm out, I'm gone.

The politicians have taken the bullets, shot the horse, burned down the jail and run the judge out of town.

But they sill want a sheriff to keep order? Yeah, fuck that, FUCK THEM, FUCK EVERYTHING.

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE. it's bleak and scary.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
3 strikes and you're out, not 87x put the knife down.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#22]
cop assisted suicide
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Should have shot him more once he got up, already showed intent and ability
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's how the left gets another tentacle into society.

I just did a review of our states new laws as it relates to law enforcement and parole, probation and the thresholds for what constitutes a felony, what mandates "treatment" over incarceration, and how sentencing is being gutted.

All I can say is good luck folks.

I'm out, I'm gone.

The politicians have taken the bullets, shot the horse, burned down the jail and run the judge out of town.

But they sill want a sheriff to keep order? Yeah, fuck that, FUCK THEM, FUCK EVERYTHING.

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE. it's bleak and scary
View Quote
We had one guy quit after he hesitated too long in a use-of-force SIMULATOR and got himself shot with rubber balls a few times.  He'd been an officer for like 4 years.  Thankfully he decided this wasn't for him before he had to do it for real.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope they did enough not to get sued, because clearly that was the priority for how they handled that call
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#27]
You can see him make the decision when he transitioned to the head.

That was scary
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you just tried to use deadly force don't go back to using non lethal force.
View Quote
Not always true
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Technically proficient, but ill prepared to us those skills or too worried about the consequences if they do.
View Quote
In todays world, I could see why he may have.  The suspect was shot multiple times, went to the ground and dropped the knife.  He then gets back up and charges the officer without the knife.  Can't say that the shooting of him at that point would have been ruled good in the court of law or much worse the court of public opinion.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]
35 seconds. From the time the guy started running, until the final shot was fired and perp down for good, 35 fucking seconds. We get to rewind, replay, frame by frame, think about all the things we could have/would have done. These guys lived it in real time, and it was only 35 seconds start to finish. Think about that before ya armchair this incident.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#31]
WOW !!

The officers most likely expected the guy to give up when he hit the ground , just like they always do in training.

Without the cameras, who would have believed their story.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]
fire truck should have put the hose on him
or hit him with the ladder
retreated any further they need call a cab to get back to their squad car
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just more racists cops shooting unarmed people of color who are looking for help.
View Quote
That narrative sounds about right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Apparently one of the cops was in a shooting a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Their retreat, because that what it was, did nothing but embolden the perp. I used to tell my martial art students, kids, to back up three steps, thinking this was enough to show defense rather than offense and then defend themselves if the aggressor advanced on them. The LEOs here all failed the Teuller Drill. Who was the guy, in the late 60's, that warned about letting civilian groups set LE policy?
ETA: Found it "More Deadly than War" by G. Edward Griffin.

More Deadly Than War – A Lecture by G. Edward Griffin
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#36]
InFuckinTense!
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I prefer this one.

Bodycam Shows Police Use Blanket to Catch Kitten Falling From Tree
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Their retreat, because that what it was, did nothing but embolden the perp. I used to tell my martial art students, kids, to back up three steps, thinking this was enough to show defense rather than offense and then defend themselves if the aggressor advanced on them. The LEOs here all failed the Teuller Drill. Who was the guy, in the late 60's, that warned about letting civilian groups set LE policy?
View Quote
Ok Sensai

Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I would've been on my 2nd mag dump after he got up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only to get worse.

A quick search for Athens Clarke County Police Department pay is 36k starting and topping out at 57k It’s also in GA so 99% sure they don’t have a union.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In todays world, I could see why he may have.  The suspect was shot multiple times, went to the ground and dropped the knife.  He then gets back up and charges the officer without the knife.  Can't say that the shooting of him at that point would have been ruled good in the court of law or much worse the court of public opinion.
View Quote
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I really feel bad for today's law enforcement. Either they are blissfully ignorant how "the system" will treat them if and when they get into a shooting, or they have rolled 7's and 11's in past uses of force and snake eyes are just around the next roll.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#44]
That was intense

Did the officer get stabbed?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I do not understand the total hesitation and assuming a reserved and subservient response to a person with a weapon by LEO's. it endangers the public and all emergency responders
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
fuck that. thats not what the taxpayers are paying for. if someone is acting lethally disturbed, we really don't want them in or out of society. now or later.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
fuck that. thats not what the taxpayers are paying for. if someone is acting lethally disturbed, we really don't want them in or out of society. now or later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a lot of the country that’s exactly what they’re paying for.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
100% true.
in the real world you do not regress. you stand ground or advance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Retirement can’t come quick enough
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top