Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 owner wants to know why fireworks couldn't be used as a defensive weapon against drones and North Korean balloons filled with shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything except "safe and sane" fireworks are allowed in this jurisdiction. Nothing that flies, explodes, etc. Sparklers are OK...

With that being said, I can see the reasoning in this tightly-packed neighborhood. I don't know how many of these idiots have been involved in a structure fire, but I've been present in three of them, inside the building twice.

There has to be some kind of regulation as to where and when incendiary devices are allowed. I value my house, my property, and my life. Use a bit of discretion folks, if you live anywhere but rural areas.
View Quote

Some things aren't to be screwed with.
Doesn't matter if one lives in a town or out in rural nowhere, illegal fireworks breach all kinds of manufacturing & transportation laws. If a simple county cop or sheriff answers a Karen's complaint and comes out to check on you, he will recognize what you have and you will make the 10PM news as the insane bomb maker. You might as well be manufacturing machine guns, as to the Feds it's all the same. Be prepared for 100K in attorney fees and jail time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Those and the single shot version are awesome!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You want to see if you can find a 're-wrap' of the 25 shot Thunder King. They are technically illegal but get imported every year, wrapped in a seemingly benign package.

It's basically a 25 shot M80 launcher. My friends dad was a fireman, got all the cool confiscated fireworks. When he lit one of these off, it was the only firework I've ever been shell shocked from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cTR4wcjFQ
Those and the single shot version are awesome!

I think I'd prefer the Single Shot.

They are so loud that halfway through the 25 shot thunder King I was like "mein got, when will the shelling end". They must have 3-5g of flash powder per shot, and going off at 60-80' in the air somehow seems to amplify the sound.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Another cool thing is to take 50 roman candles, tie them in a bunch, use a torch to light them at the same time.

View Quote

I like to make a stand out of 1x2 and line up a bunch or roman candles and then string them together with a length of fuse. You can make a an effect that goes on for a couple of minutes. I use that as a backdrop to light off other bigger stuff for effect.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
tannerite
View Quote

Doable
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I like to make a stand out of 1x2 and line up a bunch or roman candles and then string them together with a length of fuse. You can make a an effect that goes on for a couple of minutes. I use that as a backdrop to light off other bigger stuff for effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another cool thing is to take 50 roman candles, tie them in a bunch, use a torch to light them at the same time.

This is the way with consumer grade stuff. Wire it all together with 0.4s/foot quick fuse.

https://www.skylighter.com/collections/firework-fuse/products/quick-fuse-white-gn1207
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter if one lives in a town or out in rural nowhere, illegal fireworks breach all kinds of manufacturing & transportation laws. If a simple county cop or sheriff answers a Karen's complaint and comes out to check on you, he will recognize what you have and you will make the 10PM news as the insane bomb maker. You might as well be manufacturing machine guns, as to the Feds it's all the same. Be prepared for 100K in attorney fees and jail time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything except "safe and sane" fireworks are allowed in this jurisdiction. Nothing that flies, explodes, etc. Sparklers are OK...

With that being said, I can see the reasoning in this tightly-packed neighborhood. I don't know how many of these idiots have been involved in a structure fire, but I've been present in three of them, inside the building twice.

There has to be some kind of regulation as to where and when incendiary devices are allowed. I value my house, my property, and my life. Use a bit of discretion folks, if you live anywhere but rural areas.

Freedom is scary.  Must be banned for the children, the PTSD vets, and the Karen’s.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I need some m80s.
They are pretty hard to find in a state that finds snakes a borderline criminal felony.
View Quote

Even in legal states I have not been able to find real M80s.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes it's a giant flying saucer and flies up in several stages and shoots mortars off just because it can.
View Quote

The Thai people build those using chemicals salvaged from car batteries.

They fly hundreds of feet into the air and the bigger ones use a parachute so as not to kill people on the way down. The biggest ones take 40-50 men or a crane to lift onto the launch stage.

They fly those and bamboo rockets for Boon Bon Fi the spring rocket festival.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
You won't find the old school M80s or Cherry Bombs  in any legitimate business but if yah run across things like this and the seem to be priced higher that what seems normal you may be surprised.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Even in legal states I have not been able to find real M80s.

View Quote

Been illegal for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
5m (15 foot) Talai aka "Thai Girandola" at Kutwa 2018
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are in the South within driving distance to Chattanooga (actually just west of Chattanooga), then look up Mike Killian fireworks.  You have to email him for the current price list.  Minimum purchase is $500..  Worth it if you are looking for a large quantity or want to do a group buy among friends.  Wholesale prices, but he lets you mix and match so you don't have to buy the case lot of one item.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the best parts of living here on the FL/GA border is having major fireworks distributors just a short drive away. I used to blow up the sky when we lived down south but here I have access to the shtuff that rattles windows and can be seen and heard from miles away. Sadly, wifey and I are old now and it's just hard setting it all up just to watch it by ourselves. Kids used to look forward to the show every year. Now they're busy with their own kids 175 miles away.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I love my state
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I go to TNT Fireworks in Alabama. They have some good stuff and their website always shows video of what the item does.
This was NYE 2023
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I buy some, mostly reloadable mortars, but almost everything else I roll my own. There is usually a list of overloaded stuff that made it past inspection on the Pyro forums but I haven't seen it this year yet.

This is a Gerandola, not one I made, but I do build them. This moster was made by someone with some serious dedication to the hobby.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20220803_180108_jpg-3229681.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20200704_115211_jpg-3229716.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20220805_185459_jpg-3229721.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20200704_175426_jpg-3229745.JPG
View Quote

Whistle Strobe rockets?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A 5" is no where near 2 lbs. You can dense pack 175 grams in a 3" and you get about a pound in a 5". However canisters are your best bet for salutes. Lidu 3" cans are about the best bang for buck out there.  

5's and 8's are fun, but if they come back down they are going to mess shit up. I've been near a low break 8 inch and it's not a firework anymore, it's a munition. Not something to mess with unless you have losts of space and are equipped to handle a dud that large.

View Quote

You don’t have to sell it anymore, I want some!
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I lit all three of these at the same time on New Years eve.

Corruption 2.0 - TNT Fireworks - 205 Shots

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Motherfuckin' Bootleg Fireworks (Funny Subtitle Version)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top