BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have an instant pot they work just as well as a dedicated rice cooker.  I did replace the bowl with a non-stick bowl from Amazon as the stainless bowl was a pain to clean after rice.
View Quote

Yep, I retired my rice cooker after getting an instant pot. I don't have room for multiple small appliances so I chose the most versatile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've had the same Tiger JNP 3 cup cooker for the last 21 years and it's still going strong.  They're like $120 and look like a $20 cooker, but are bulletproof and only have one button. Made in Japan.  I can't imagine what I would need with all the electronic displays and buttons that some of these things have - I think some people will buy whatever has the most settings.  Makes perfect rice, keeps it ready to go for over 24 hours.

https://tiger-corporation-us.com/product/jnp-0550-jnp-0720/

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0086/4547/6409/products/JNP_Series_Rice_Cooker_1000x.png?v=1613472616
View Quote

Yep,

I brought a Tiger back from Japan to replace the 20 year one that I already have.  Still haven't opened the box.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Instant pot with the accessory non stick pot.  I can slow cook, pressure cook dehydrate and air fry with mine too, lol.

Just made arroz con pollo in mine Sunday, awesome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A pot and boiling water.  Rinse the rice.  Add the rice.  Simmer and cover for 18 minutes.  Fluff.

It's funny.  I learned in Costa Rica since rice is everywhere there but the "cooker" is a pot.  First attempt was horrible.  Third attempt and everyone was pretty happy with it.  Butter and fresh cilantro with black beans, some nice pork chops with salsa and fresh pineapple on the side.  Fried plantains and bananas for desert.  Damn, I miss it.  Local store had some green salsa that was straight up awesome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One knuckle, one knuckle only.
View Quote

You understand...use finger. Use finger.
Uncle Roger Teach You How to Make Rice (#shorts)
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Zojirushi and don't look back.
View Quote

This. Will never make rice any other way. Just pour the rice in by the cup. How ever many cups you put in, you simply add water to that number line on the pot. Close lid hit start.

Perfection every time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Instant pot with the accessory non stick pot.  I can slow cook, pressure cook dehydrate and air fry with mine too, lol.

View Quote

Well look at you using fancy Spanish words for rice
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine is on right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Zojirushi (uncle roger approved) or maybe tiger
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just get the cheap ones.They only need to last one year as I buy a new one every August 6th
View Quote

In celebration of…?
In celebration of…?
In celebration of…?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
You can always get by with a covered pot on the stove. I used to make rice that way when I was a kid. But now, the rice cookers are great and the way to go. But, I culd always cook rice in a pot if my rice cooker was broken. Problem is the pot on a stove can get messy (unless you have a lipped pot especially made for rice - we had those too).
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
$17 from Target

Bought this one a while back as typically we’re making the main dish we need the rice for in the instapot.

Works great, non-stick bowl so cleanup is a breeze, no burnt rice. Not sure what the Zorijushi  does that this doesn’t to command up to 10x the price.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine came from Philippines. She makes perfect rice every time.
View Quote

That model can also make lumpia!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top