BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who says you arent living in the flash right now?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's wild. I think there's a shitload about humans and our brains and our connection to the spiritual realm or alternative universe, that we don't know much if anything about
View Quote
You should head over to the UFO sub-forum.  That is precisely where that field of research is headed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a patient die on the OR table many years ago.

That patient was wearing a two lead EEG called a BIS monitor.

We took the time to clean the patient up after pronunciation of death, and I kept that brain wave monitor on for probably 25 minutes.

There was still brain activity for at least 25 minutes after death, when I removed the monitor.  

View Quote

How can you give a pronunciation of death if you have brain activity? By definition wasn’t the patient still alive until brain wave activity ceases?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We took the time to clean the patient up after pronunciation of death, and I kept that brain wave monitor on for probably 25 minutes.

There was still brain activity for at least 25 minutes after death, when I removed the monitor.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Avg GDer will see about 8700 hours of pr0n flash before their eyes, die with weirdest boner
View Quote

".arp"
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]

This is why it’s so rare, because you can’t plan this,” Ajmal Zemmar
View Quote

Can't you though?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I have to live through this again?
View Quote

Time is a flat circle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is crazy. Really makes you wonder if you could have moved the brain into a new body they would be alive.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How can you give a pronunciation of death if you have brain activity? By definition wasn’t the patient still alive until brain wave activity ceases?

View Quote

If you show up to the hospital in cardiac arrest and they exhaust all attempts to resuscitate you, the medical team will eventually withdraw and pronounce you dead.  They make that pronunciation without checking for brain wave activity.

You may be thinking of cases where the body's supportive organ systems are alive, or those systems are being kept alive by life supportive devices, but the patient has no brain activity so they are declared legally dead.  Without brain activity there is no hope of recovery.

This patient I mentioned, her heart stopped and she had a condition that made chest compressions completely ineffective, so resuscitation was impossible (yes, we exhausted every possible effort).  There was no possible way to keep her body alive without a functioning heart, so she died.  Having residual brain wave activity (some mysterious neuro-chemical synapses firing off??) after being pronounced dead, does not equal sentience.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
snallgaster in post  #44 got it right

When you're about to die, your brain starts running at warp speed trying to find a solution to the problem
It's a tornado of pure thought, you see everything

At least it was for me
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is crazy. Really makes you wonder if you could have moved the brain into a new body they would be alive.

View Quote

That's some serious science fictional shit you're on to.

When you can pull that off you will be a very wealthy man.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://hyperallergic.com/720694/science-confirms-that-life-flashes-before-the-eyes-upon-death/

When an 87-year-old epilepsy patient unexpectedly passed away during a brain scan, the scan found that his brain seemed to replay memories in the 30 seconds before and after his heart stopped beating, according to a recent study published in Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience.

The patient, whose name was kept private, suffered a heart attack, and due to his do-not-resuscitate status, the scientists were able to track his brain waves throughout the final moments of his life. The scan was conducted by an international team of 13 neuroscientists led by Raul Vicente of the University of Tartu in Estonia.

The scientists were originally conducting electroencephalography (EEG) scans on the patient to detect and treat seizures. When he unexpectedly died, the EEG machine kept running, providing the scientists a first-of-its-kind glimpse into the brain activity of a dying human.

"This is why it's so rare, because you can't plan this," Ajmal Zemmar, one of the co-authors of the study, told Insider. "No healthy human is gonna go and have an EEG before they die, and in no sick patient are we going to know when they're gonna die to record these signals."

The EEG brain scan found an oscillatory brain wave pattern in which activity in the brain's alpha, beta, and theta bands relatively decreased and activity in the gamma band relatively increased. It's thought that these oscillatory patterns, and an increase in gamma waves, suggest memory recall (the gamma band decreases external interference, allowing for deep inward concentration like recalling memories). Similar brain oscillations occur during meditation and dreaming.

This is the first time this has been proven in a human, although the concept looms large in our collective imagination. It comes back to us from people who have experienced near-death experiences, defined as when the brain has transitioned into preparing for death. Research into these experiences has reported intense memory recall and a panoramic review of one's life. They have also reported a hallucinatory and meditative state and a sense of transcendence and bliss. These accounts cross cultures and religions.
View Quote

Link to study referenced in the article

Kind of fascinating.
View Quote

Very fascinating, thanks for the share.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if you can have your life flash before you if you are vaporized instantaneously, like in a nuclear blast.
View Quote
I doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Geeez I hope like hell I dont have to deal with 30 more seconds with my ex-wife....
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#17]
The body releasing DMT during death is a popular theory to explain things like this and the the whole “I saw the light trope”
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://hyperallergic.com/720694/science-confirms-that-life-flashes-before-the-eyes-upon-death/

When an 87-year-old epilepsy patient unexpectedly passed away during a brain scan, the scan found that his brain seemed to replay memories in the 30 seconds before and after his heart stopped beating, according to a recent study published in Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience.

The patient, whose name was kept private, suffered a heart attack, and due to his do-not-resuscitate status, the scientists were able to track his brain waves throughout the final moments of his life. The scan was conducted by an international team of 13 neuroscientists led by Raul Vicente of the University of Tartu in Estonia.

The scientists were originally conducting electroencephalography (EEG) scans on the patient to detect and treat seizures. When he unexpectedly died, the EEG machine kept running, providing the scientists a first-of-its-kind glimpse into the brain activity of a dying human.

"This is why it's so rare, because you can't plan this," Ajmal Zemmar, one of the co-authors of the study, told Insider. "No healthy human is gonna go and have an EEG before they die, and in no sick patient are we going to know when they're gonna die to record these signals."

The EEG brain scan found an oscillatory brain wave pattern in which activity in the brain's alpha, beta, and theta bands relatively decreased and activity in the gamma band relatively increased. It's thought that these oscillatory patterns, and an increase in gamma waves, suggest memory recall (the gamma band decreases external interference, allowing for deep inward concentration like recalling memories). Similar brain oscillations occur during meditation and dreaming.

This is the first time this has been proven in a human, although the concept looms large in our collective imagination. It comes back to us from people who have experienced near-death experiences, defined as when the brain has transitioned into preparing for death. Research into these experiences has reported intense memory recall and a panoramic review of one's life. They have also reported a hallucinatory and meditative state and a sense of transcendence and bliss. These accounts cross cultures and religions.
View Quote

Kind of fascinating.
View Quote
Very interesting.

The thing I want to know is why you look down on your body, and see nurses etc walking into the room to deal with you, and then can identify individuals that weren't in the room when you passed, but entered while you were actively dieing?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I died before and that’s not true. Stopped breathing and no pulse. Fade to black, no bs.
View Quote

I think that means you're an NPC.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So, I have to go through this shit again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I still have dreams about working in my previous career field from 9 years ago. I always wake up mad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would probably end up thinking about work and die pissed off.

I still have dreams about working in my previous career field from 9 years ago. I always wake up mad.

36 years in an aircraft factory, retired 10 years come July. still have the dream where I have been brought back there for some purpose.  Nope, don`t work here, don`t care, gotta go, ain`t doing shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Probably bigfoot.
View Quote

I know you are being edgy, but lots of people that get close to death become more sensitive to the supernatural.  I have been close to death several times.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I died before and that’s not true. Stopped breathing and no pulse. Fade to black, no bs.
View Quote

Maybe you were just mostly dead and not all dead.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Username checks out.

Yeah, I don't even know what to think about that - equally fascinating and terrifying.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Very interesting.

The thing I want to know is why you look down on your body, and see nurses etc walking into the room to deal with you, and then can identify individuals that weren't in the room when you passed, but entered while you were actively dieing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of fascinating.
Very interesting.

Good question. Maybe in the very early part of death your body and senses go into hyper drive to find a way to stay alive as others have said?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ISED8U

Write a case report?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had a near death experience moments before I was sure I was going to die in a car accident. The time between when my car left the ground and hit the tree (hundredths of a second) seemed like minutes and I watched a replay of moments of my life in my head while aimulataneously watching the tree get closer.

I survived, obviously. It was pretty wild.
View Quote

Same thing happened to me twice, 13 years apart. I've told people that the brain is the most powerful computer known to man.  And when people say your life flashes before your eyes, they are right. But the things, or type of things, or centralized theme of things that flash the first time, aren't necessarily the same type of things that you might see the 2nd time.

Also, it might be what you've experienced in the past. Or, it might be your mind acting out, or playing out, or showing what might happen in the future. Sort of like a Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, or the results of  whatever event is currently causing the life flash.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wait... a DNR applies to having a heart attack...
View Quote

That's probably the simplest way of writing out what happened, don't read too much into it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In cases of OHCA (Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest), there is no brain wave monitor/testing. You're lucky if EMS has US to check for cardiac wall motion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
That’s when everything is uploaded to the matrix.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

“This is why it’s so rare, because you can’t plan this,” Ajmal Zemmar, one of the co-authors of the study, told Insider. “No healthy human is gonna go and have an EEG before they die, and in no sick patient are we going to know when they’re gonna die to record these signals.”

The EEG brain scan found an oscillatory brain wave pattern in which activity in the brain’s alpha, beta, and theta bands relatively decreased and activity in the gamma band relatively increased. It’s thought that these oscillatory patterns, and an increase in gamma waves, suggest memory recall (the gamma band decreases external interference, allowing for deep inward concentration like recalling memories). Similar brain oscillations occur during meditation and dreaming.

This is the first time this has been proven in a human, although the concept looms large in our collective imagination. It comes back to us from people who have experienced near-death experiences, defined as when the brain has transitioned into preparing for death. Research into these experiences has reported intense memory recall and a panoramic review of one’s life. They have also reported a hallucinatory and meditative state and a sense of transcendence and bliss. These accounts cross cultures and religions.
View Quote

Kind of fascinating.
View Quote

Lost all cred at bold.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think that means you're an NPC.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Wonder if the flash the guy that got shot point blank in the head from the cop was this kind of occurrence or just muzzle flash?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wow.  I wonder what it was?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  I wonder what it was?

Probably him thinking "They're gonna jump start me any second now....aaaaaany second..."
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Toss in a pinch of time dilation and you could spend an eternity in that final "moment"...Heaven?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You should head over to the UFO sub-forum.  That is precisely where that field of research is headed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's wild. I think there's a shitload about humans and our brains and our connection to the spiritual realm or alternative universe, that we don't know much if anything about

I was not aware that we had such a subforum. I read a thing awhile back that talked about chiropractors believing our body, mainly our spine and brain, are an antenna to the spiritual world.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw nothing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#39]
What’s the one gif you want to see as a flashback as the lights go out and you slip away?

For me I want to see that girl shooting, spread out in a  prone position with her ass cheeks dancing.

I will probably see Hillary shaking uncontrollably.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Time is a flat circle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I have to live through this again?

Time is a flat circle.

Time is simply nature’s way of keeping everything from happening at once.

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When I was in ICU for a few months, I had instances where I felt like I lived out entire lifetimes.  It happened when I was given medicine, passed out during pain, etc.
Not the same thing obviously but probably similar.

It felt like Inception.  It was terrifying to come out of those.
View Quote

Weird. I’ve experienced this as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just a matter of time when we figure out how download the information
View Quote

Nobody wants that.

At least I don't
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sad my life flash wont last 30 seconds
View Quote

8.7 seconds
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
snallgaster in post  #44 got it right

When you're about to die, your brain starts running at warp speed trying to find a solution to the problem
It's a tornado of pure thought, you see everything

At least it was for me
View Quote

Someday we will be able to synthesize that reaction and induce it. Imagine the possibilities. Then after that you will be able to recall significant memories and experiences and experience them all over again.

Then that service will be commercialized and only the rich will be able to afford it.

Then they will find a way to record those memories. Then after that companies will offer to buy your memories and them use them for marketing. Maybe even before that the same tech will be used to catch criminals and/or prosecute them/prove guilt (or innocence)

Then, remember the fappening? Imagine that but with millions of peoples memories.

Science -> commercialized for the rich -> harvested from the poors for marketing purposes -> Porn
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I can't imagine how.  You'd go from normal to nonexistent instantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if you can have your life flash before you if you are vaporized instantaneously, like in a nuclear blast.

I can't imagine how.  You'd go from normal to nonexistent instantly.

Non-existence is 'normal'. Life is a suspension of that norm.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same thing happened to me twice, 13 years apart. I've told people that the brain is the most powerful computer known to man.  And when people say your life flashes before your eyes, they are right. But the things, or type of things, or centralized theme of things that flash the first time, aren't necessarily the same type of things that you might see the 2nd time.

Also, it might be what you've experienced in the past. Or, it might be your mind acting out, or playing out, or showing what might happen in the future. Sort of like a Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, or the results of  whatever event is currently causing the life flash.
View Quote

Do you remember anything from the flashes or just the experience?  I remember it was profound but can’t remember specifics.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Someday we will be able to synthesize that reaction and induce it. Imagine the possibilities. Then after that you will be able to recall significant memories and experiences and experience them all over again.

Then that service will be commercialized and only the rich will be able to afford it.

Then they will find a way to record those memories. Then after that companies will offer to buy your memories and them use them for marketing. Maybe even before that the same tech will be used to catch criminals and/or prosecute them/prove guilt (or innocence)

Then, remember the fappening? Imagine that but with millions of peoples memories.

Science -> commercialized for the rich -> harvested from the poors for marketing purposes -> Porn
View Quote

I can't help but see a dystopian future movie right there, Blade Runner and Altered Carbon style.

I die, I'll see a sign saying "Delete Browser History?"
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Who says you arent living in the flash right now?
View Quote

Mind blown. Kind of reminds me of the guy here that said you won't know if you are dead just like you don't recall life before you were born.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Nobody actually knows what you see before you die, as they aren’t around any longer to tell us.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top