Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2020 2:06:44 PM EDT
It was quick, but not super fantastic quick.  Nothing like the new Chargers or Challengers.  It belongs to a friend of mine, a Hurican or something like that.  I thought the clutch was broken or something, but it is apparently that stiff.  The ride was like it had no suspension at all, like a '84 Corvette, or a go cart.  The steering was so fast I had trouble keeping it in line.  0-100 was almost as fast as a 600cc motorcycle.  I was not impressed.  Huge disappointment.  We went for a quick ride through the mountains and I came out feeling like I had run a marathon from muscling the controls on this car.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I drove a Porsche once. Clutch sounds similar.  No fun
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You lucky bastard!

I've been seeing this one around. Man I'd love to drive it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was quick, but not super fantastic quick.  Nothing like the new Chargers or Challengers.
View Quote
LOL. 2.4 second 0-60 isn't quick enough huh? You're either trolling or your buddy's Huracan is busted. He didn't 3D print it did he?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There is only one manual swapped Huracan on the planet, and it's also a LS twin turbo - and you drove it. Amazing. I can't believe you did not think 1500hp was fast, but I'm sure it was a work out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The shifter was great.  Maybe one of the best manual transmissions ever.  Seats were great, they hugged me like they were built just for me.  Everything else was disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Lucky you ...
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I may have driven a few

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is only one manual swapped Huracan on the planet, and it's also a LS twin turbo - and you drove it. Amazing. I can't believe you did not think 1500hp was fast, but I'm sure it was a work out.
View Quote
I may not be correct on the model.
Another gearhead friend has a tricked out Mustang with aftermarket everything, Blower, suspension, brakes.   I think I could run it around a track faster.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Also this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You lucky bastard!

View Quote
I assume Truck Bed Liner is not an OEM color option?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The Lamborghini Countach driven by Valentino Balboni

You want a workout, drive an old Countach.

I’d still LOVE to have one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet it was a Murcielago, not a Huracan.

OP, did it look like this:

Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
This Summer I dropped my humble 2014 Accord off at my mechanic's shop. This was out front. Sadly, the owner wasn't interested in a straight up trade....

He fired it up for us. What a glorious, glorious noise!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I may not be correct on the model.
Another gearhead friend has a tricked out Mustang with aftermarket everything, Blower, suspension, brakes.   I think I could run it around a track faster.
View Quote
First off.  No.

Likely what you may have driven was a Gallardo. That model was replaced by the hurrican and is available with a manual tans.

2nd. You dont compare a mustang to a supercar. Chargers and Challengers are likely more your type. Good in a straight line and useless for anything else.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Before I moved, my neighbor was from a super rich Asian family. He and his buddies were all in some Lamborghini club in which you had to be Asian to join. The club if I remember right didn’t allow cheaper models. Diablos, Hurricans, and Aventadors only. All his friends drove Aventadors...every Friday night I had at least one, usually several parked outside my house, and they’d just pull up like it’s no big deal. We were not close with them or anything so I never mustered the courage to ask to sit in/drive one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Last year I drove the Audi with the Lambo engine...
and felt the same way. (550hp IIRC)
Ran great and was fast... but was not "suck your eyeballs in" fast. Would be nice as a daily driver though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bet it was a Murcielago, not a Huracan.

OP, did it look like this:

https://f7432d8eadcf865aa9d9-9c672a3a4ecaaacdf2fee3b3e6fd2716.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/C2299/U6431/IMG_12808-large.jpg
View Quote
Yes, but it did not have the giant wing on the back.
My old Yamaha YZF-R6 was way faster to 100 than the lambo.  I had to pretty much lay on the tank to keep the front end down.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You lucky bastard!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/167167/28438D33-2B75-456F-990D-2B610A5657E0_jpeg-1220426.JPG
View Quote
Being colorblind grey stand out to me, I like it. Especially the grey ford uses on their trucks now, it really stands out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like you drove a Gallardo. They were fast in their day with their 500-550ish horsepower but the current gen of super cars are just on a different level.

The Gallardo was first released in 2004, so it’s pretty dated at this point. I still want one because Lambo.

May have also been an early murcielago. That and the Gallardo were the last lambos that had a manual transmission in any decent numbers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL. 2.4 second 0-60 isn't quick enough huh? You're either trolling or your buddy's Huracan is busted. He didn't 3D print it did he?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was quick, but not super fantastic quick.  Nothing like the new Chargers or Challengers.
Lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I drove a Porsche once. Clutch sounds similar.  No fun
View Quote
Have no idea what generation you drove but it wasn’t a 996 or newer. Compared to a Vette, Stang, Camero, etc it’s very lite in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Life long dream but the OP cannot even remember the model of the Lambo and it belongs to his friend
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Life long dream but the OP cannot even remember the model of the Lambo and it belongs to his friend
View Quote
Op drove fiero based kit car
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder what other "dreams" are just as disappointing. I bet a lot of us would come to find out that not everything is as great as it seems
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#27]
only Lambo I ever rode in was in the middle of a field....

It was also a tractor
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
If you drove one with a manual, you got to drive a rather desirable car.  Manual Gallardos and Murcielagos are commanding quite a premium these days.  In some cases tens of thousands more than their E-Gear counterparts.  Or more.  if you're not impressed, I have to ask at what RPM were you shifting?  The Gallardo I drove recently really came alive in the top quarter of the RPM range.  In Sport and shifting high was tons of fun.

The person who asked about the front end.... $750 to thousands is the range.  Plus the installation and paint.  Carbon fiber pieces can get to the $7,000 range, iirc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It was quick, but not super fantastic quick.  Nothing like the new Chargers or Challengers.  It belongs to a friend of mine, a Hurican or something like that.  I thought the clutch was broken or something, but it is apparently that stiff.  The ride was like it had no suspension at all, like a '84 Corvette, or a go cart.  The steering was so fast I had trouble keeping it in line.  0-100 was almost as fast as a 600cc motorcycle.  I was not impressed.  Huge disappointment.  We went for a quick ride through the mountains and I came out feeling like I had run a marathon from muscling the controls on this car.
View Quote
my uncle is has an insane car collection, ferarri, lambos, Porsche, vipers, etc...he actually has a full time mechanic to maintain his collection. FWIW he says his favorite sports cars hands down are the high end corvettes. Best bang for your buck he says. Most are under $100k and out perform all of the foreign sports cars worth $250-500k.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wonder what other "dreams" are just as disappointing. I bet a lot of us would come to find out that not everything is as great as it seems
View Quote
I went into my driving experience with the idea of not really wanting to meet my heroes.  I left not disappointed.  Had the car for 24 hours and put a few hundred miles on it through Napa, Sonoma and up the PCH.  The tall skinny pedal was able to repeatedly put a smile on my face. The sound was awesome near retaining walls and through tighter areas.  The handling was exceptional for a car that was an '08 model.  It had far more capability than I did.  The curves that I took at the peak of my comfort could have likely been taken far faster by someone who really knew the limits of the car.  I would love to get one on a track and really get to drive it hard and learn to get to its limits.  A daily rental or 3-lap track experience would likely leave you wanting for more.  Having one to really learn to drive would likely leave you very satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Off topic, sorry.  In the thread title when I read "last evening" I wondered if OP would be from WV and you are.   I've only known one other person to say "last evening" regularly and he's a guy from WV.  Most of us just say yesterday or last night or yesterday afternoon.

Back to your Lambo thread.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#33]
It was kind of like jumping into the sack with Sandra Bullock only to find out it was her time of the month and she wasn't interested.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Off topic, sorry.  In the thread title when I read "last evening" I wondered if OP would be from WV and you are.   I've only known one other person to say "last evening" regularly and he's a guy from WV.  Most of us just say yesterday or last night or yesterday afternoon.

Back to your Lambo thread.
View Quote
Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents are all from WV.  Except for Nana, she was born in Sweeden.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#35]
The brand hasn’t been known to be quarter mile monsters as much as highway run missiles. 40-140 roll races and the such. They haven’t had the gears for that nor low end. Granted I haven’t driven many but raced against several. Underground racing has solved such problems
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You'd have to be really careful about not pulling too far up when parking those bad boys. I wonder how much $$$ pain that would cause, bumping that chin spoiler on a concrete parking berm.
View Quote
$,$$$-$$,$$$
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The brand hasn’t been known to be quarter mile monsters as much as highway run missiles. 40-140 roll races and the such. They haven’t had the gears for that nor low end. Granted I haven’t driven many but raced against several. Underground racing has solved such problems
View Quote
Underground has definitely solved the shit out of those problems.  1500hp twin turbo kits for the win!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Zero to 100 in 1 second at the dragstrip will ruin you for getting any enjoyment from something "fast".
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
My friend is a retired wall street lawyer guy.  He doesn't show off, and all I saw was Lamborghini logo and wanted a closer look.  He said, let me get the keys!  I will never own one, but I do own the best powder measure in the world.  Harrell's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s amaZing how many people are into cars but don’t understand them.

Not pointed at you Op just in general.

What you describe is exactly how the car should be for what it’s setup to do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's amaZing how many people are into cars but don't understand them.

Not pointed at you Op just in general.

What you describe is exactly how the car should be for what it's setup to do.
View Quote
Honestly, I'd rather have a '68 Impala SS fastback, or a 63 split window corvette.  I'm not up on the super expensive euro cars.  My uncle was stationed at Aviono Air base in Italy back in the day.  His buddy had a Ferrari.  A new wheel for that Ferrari cost more than the Triumph car my uncle had.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

my uncle is has an insane car collection, ferarri, lambos, Porsche, vipers, etc...he actually has a full time mechanic to maintain his collection. FWIW he says his favorite sports cars hands down are the high end corvettes. Best bang for your buck he says. Most are under $100k and out perform all of the foreign sports cars worth $250-500k.
View Quote
Is your uncle Jay Leno?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TorVQotPDNg

You want a workout, drive an old Countach.

I’d still LOVE to have one.
View Quote
It's funny, the Countach was the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP. I've driven one, and it was indeed a tough car to drive. Old WW2 era farm tractors take less effort to engage the clutch, and there is almost no friction point - it's either on or off.

But I'd still love to have one too
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#46]
My life-long dream was to have sex with a model.  She was ok - a little stiff and not very exciting.  I dont get why everyone wants to bang models.

I'm sure - like your questionable Lamborghini- the model I screwed was representative of all women, and I should just be celibate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I texted him to see what model it is.  I doubt he answers soon.  He is like me and doesn't carry his phone everywhere like most folks do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Never meet your heroes!

The clutch on Porsche’s are not bad at all I have owned a ‘69 911, ‘84 944 and a ‘97 Boxster. Drove my buddies ‘73 RS replica and GT3 and didn’t have any complaints with any of their clutches.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP doesn’t realize he drove a Camry kit car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top