Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 402
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Check this guy out for me and tell me what you think. I've been told by a couple people to go here.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeep450:

So I have feeling like shit. Took a online quiz and I feel EXACTLY like the quiz was made for me.

I called ageless men (friend told me he goes there) and man talk about

So I looked up a urologist on my insurance company and made an appointment.
What am I in for?
View Quote
The thread here is great.  It is one of the first places I really started questioning myself and whether I should get checked.  There is some great insight to be found too.  With that said,  the forum I'm about to give you a link to has tons of info on the science of it all as well as the layman version of things too.  It helped me connect a lot of the other dots.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By jrzy:

My T level was 1102 3 days after my shot of a 1/2 ml

I haven't changed anything other than drop my dose from 1 ml once per week to a 1/2 mil twice per week  , maybe a little less than a 1/2 ml

I just did a shot after 6 days of no shots , a 1/4 ml of T

I use to think more was better but I think I feel a lot better when my T is lower, maybe a steady range of 650?

When my T is over a 1000 I don't feel great, it's like I am losing the benefit of the T itself.

Going to see how I feel at 1/4 ml twice per week.

Any using a dose that low having good results?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

Any benefit to going off T injections for a couple of weeks ?

My T has been running really high even at 1/2 ml per week

Giving my endo system a small break?

Why? Come on dude, you're not that high. If you think you're to high for whatever reason, tapper off the dose.

You won't be giving your endocrine system any kind of break, all you'll do is feel like shit for a couple weeks because you missed your shots and it will take your body time to get used to the test again.

You over think alot of this. Stick with a plan and keep going. I don't know how you find any kind of baseline for dosages or protocols when you change you shit up so often.

I haven't changed anything other than drop my dose from 1 ml once per week to a 1/2 mil twice per week  , maybe a little less than a 1/2 ml

I use to think more was better but I think I feel a lot better when my T is lower, maybe a steady range of 650?

When my T is over a 1000 I don't feel great, it's like I am losing the benefit of the T itself.

OK here's an update on dropping my T dose:

The past week or so I have been dosing my T at 1/4 Ml every 3.5 days

I feel all around better.

Libido hit that place like last year, I hit a spot where I felt like I was 18 again.

This is the same result I am getting now from the lower dose.

Anastrozole is a 1/4 Mg the day after the shot, which amounts to a 1/2 Mg per week.

I have never felt this balanced.

I can only hope this lasts.

Took a while to get to the burn when I was lifting this week.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Sigh...

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
How many mg per ml?

View All Quotes

OK here's an update on dropping my T dose:

The past week or so I have been dosing my T at 1/4 Ml every 3.5 days

I feel all around better.

Libido hit that place like last year, I hit a spot where I felt like I was 18 again.

This is the same result I am getting now from the lower dose.

Anastrozole is a 1/4 Mg the day after the shot, which amounts to a 1/2 Mg per week.

I have never felt this balanced.

I can only hope this lasts.

Took a while to get to the burn when I was lifting this week.

How many mg per ml?

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]

200mg/per cc.  
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

Any benefit to going off T injections for a couple of weeks ?

My T has been running really high even at 1/2 ml per week

Giving my endo system a small break?

Why? Come on dude, you're not that high. If you think you're to high for whatever reason, tapper off the dose.

You won't be giving your endocrine system any kind of break, all you'll do is feel like shit for a couple weeks because you missed your shots and it will take your body time to get used to the test again.

You over think alot of this. Stick with a plan and keep going. I don't know how you find any kind of baseline for dosages or protocols when you change you shit up so often.

You didn't mention the concentration of the material you're injecting...

So how can we answer???

[Or did you and I missed it?
200mg/per cc.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
So I went to see the doc this morning and he agreed that something it wrong. Blood was drawn and I was given a shot of T and told to come back in 4 weeks. The nurse said it was a 1 month shot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
So I went to see the doc this morning and he agreed that something it wrong. Blood was drawn and I was given a shot of T and told to come back in 4 weeks. The nurse said it was a 1 month shot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

1 month?  

Here's what is going to happen.  Depending on how high the dose was, you're going to feel really good for about a week.  Then you're going to feel the effects rapidly diminish.  By the end of the second week, if not sooner, you will probably be feeling run down again...and remain run down for the remaining two weeks.  They've set you up for a hormonal roller coaster each month, probably with only one good week.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 3:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoosier122] [#11]
Can someone tell me if these numbers look out of the ordinary? They were drawn at 9 a.m., while fasting.

I'm a 29-year-old male with some serious malabsorption issues. The GI doctors cannot figure it out, but corticosteroids 40mg+ daily make my symptoms much better.

So I asked my primary care doctor to test for adrenal disorders. He said these results aren't out of the ordinary, but I believe the cortisol and DHEA levels are definitely out of the "normal" range, according to the hospital's own lab and online literature.

Cortisol AM Sample: 1.8 ug/dl

Glucose: 59 mg/dl

DHEA Sulfate: 55 ug/dL

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shane333:

1 month?  

Here's what is going to happen.  Depending on how high the dose was, you're going to feel really good for about a week.  Then you're going to feel the effects rapidly diminish.  By the end of the second week, if not sooner, you will probably be feeling run down again...and remain run down for the remaining two weeks.  They've set you up for a hormonal roller coaster each month, probably with only one good week.
View All Quotes

1 month?  

400mg I think is what she said, I think she said it was (2) 200 which would be a 2 weeks dose. It was alot (volume wise) in the shot. How long before I should "feel" something from it?

I really liked the doc, he seemed to really listen to me and answered all the questions I had (I should have had more I'm sure) should I call and try to make it 2 weeks instead?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#13]

400mg I think is what she said, I think she said it was (2) 200 which would be a 2 weeks dose. It was alot (volume wise) in the shot. How long before I should "feel" something from it?

I really liked the doc, he seemed to really listen to me and answered all the questions I had (I should have had more I'm sure) should I call and try to make it 2 weeks instead?
View All Quotes

1 month?  

It's going to be building up in your bloodstream for the next 24 hours or so from the time of the injection.  You may notice effects from the injection within hours.  A boost to libido, hyper-aware of every woman in sight radius, a boost to energy levels, etc are common.  Effects should peak between 24 and 48 hours after the injection, and stay strong for a few days.  Towards the end of the week, though, you'll feel things taper off.  Testosterone Cypionate has a half life of about 7 to 8 days.  So between the half life of the medication in your body, and your body metabolizing it through your daily activity, you'll probably notice it tapering off between 1 and 2 weeks after the injection.  That will leave you two full weeks, maybe more, when your body simply won't have enough.

Early on in my TRT, I was being given 200mg once every 2 weeks.  After being on that for a couple of months, my doctor had blood taken towards of the 2 week cycle, and my T levels were abysmally low.  My levels are actually pretty good just taking 80mg/week.  I do much better on 80mg/week than I was doing on 200mg/2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Good info, I appreciate it. So do you think I should try and bump the appointment to 2 weeks instead of 4? I don't want to "crash" and deal with that after I'm flying high.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#15]
Good info, I appreciate it. So do you think I should try and bump the appointment to 2 weeks instead of 4? I don't want to "crash" and deal with that after I'm flying high.
View Quote

If you are similar to me when I started, then expect your estrogen to start going thru the roof.

Sort of 'growing pains', body hurting, were my chief ones, others get emotional, etc, etc...

My Doc just said nonsense, and wouldn't prescribe an E blocker. My E was over 45 on the L-C scale IIRC.

So I got some and then changed docs.

My initial dose for awhile was quite a bit less than yours --about .25

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I would get it bumped up to weekly.  Better to get 1/4 the dose weekly.  Less of a hormonal roller coaster that way.  And ask about giving yourself injections.  It could save you on doctor's office visits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#17]

I would get it bumped up to weekly.  Better to get 1/4 the dose weekly.  Less of a hormonal roller coaster that way.  And ask about giving yourself injections.  It could save you on doctor's office visits.
View All Quotes

If the doc ordered a 400mg dose once a month, I don't hold out hope for that doc ever getting him right. The doc is an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:

to that I'll add........This doc must be old.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeep450] [#19]
This was my first visit. He doesn't even know what my numbers are yet. What has he done wrong? What should have have done different on first visit?

Donato is who I seen. Link left cold. He's not a old guy.

http://www.southeasturology.com/physicians.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]

He's shooting blind without labs.  When was your thyroid last checked?
View All Quotes
This was my first visit. He doesn't even know what my numbers are yet. What has he done wrong?

Do they do that with the initial blood test? As far as I know, it's never been checked.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
This was my first visit. He doesn't even know what my numbers are yet. What has he done wrong?

Exactly, you may not need TRT.  It may be something else.  Jumping right to a shot in the ass without even pulling labs is really wild to me.  And that 400mg shot is going to spike your E2 probably causing joint pain and ED.  Then your T will crash in about 14 days making you feel like dogshit by day 21 or so.  

Standard modern protocol is a 200 mg booster shot followed by a 100mg per week after that.    That's just a starting point after about 6 weeks you pull labs and adjust as necessary.  At this point if you want to stick with TRT I'd try to talk him into a followup shot in 7-10 days at a much reduced dosage and then start pushing him to do your injections at home.  

I'm probably repeating myself but you need to dig into this and try to find a reason, such as weight gain hypothyroid pituitary etc then treat accordingly.  For example if it's thyroid you just take a pill every day and it's a hell of a lot easier to regulate and dial in than TRT is.  

Let us know what your bloodwork says when it comes back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By hoosier122:

Can someone tell me if these numbers look out of the ordinary? They were drawn at 9 a.m., while fasting.

I'm a 29-year-old male with some serious malabsorption issues. The GI doctors cannot figure it out, but corticosteroids 40mg+ daily make my symptoms much better.

So I asked my primary care doctor to test for adrenal disorders. He said these results aren't out of the ordinary, but I believe the cortisol and DHEA levels are definitely out of the "normal" range, according to the hospital's own lab and online literature.

View Quote

Did I post this on the wrong thread? Should I start an 'Are My Adrenals Fucked Up?' thread?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#24]
This was my first visit. He doesn't even know what my numbers are yet. What has he done wrong? What should have have done different on first visit?

View Quote

The Doc may have given you a dose to see what happens, so he can adjust other doses accordingly.

This is not necessarily a bad thing...  

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Did I post this on the wrong thread? Should I start an 'Are My Adrenals Fucked Up?' thread?
View All Quotes

Possibly adrenal fatigue is not really a heavily researched area and considered by some to be something of a snake oil thing.  DHEA supplements will drastically raise that number careful though high DHEA can also make you lose your hair.  

I can't speak to the other numbers.  Here's a good article on adrenals:https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/truth-about-adrenal-fatigue
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#26]

The Doc may have given you a dose to see what happens, so he can adjust other doses accordingly.

View All Quotes

That's what he told me. Heck we talked for almost an hour.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Possibly adrenal fatigue is not really a heavily researched area and considered by some to be something of a snake oil thing.  DHEA supplements will drastically raise that number careful though high DHEA can also make you lose your hair.  

I can't speak to the other numbers.  Here's a good article on adrenals:https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/truth-about-adrenal-fatigue
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I have small bowel enteropathy with unknown etiology (cause). So basically, my small bowel doesn't absorb anything -- especially protein. It's been this way for nearly a year. I lost 70 pounds in about 4 months and am currently getting all my nutrition through 2 liters of nightly TPN. GI doctors think it's autoimmune, but can't pin it or treat it effectively.

The only thing that makes me better is high-dose steroids (prednisone or methylPrednisolone). Also when I was on the steroids, I felt "normal." My skin was clearer, had my normal level of energy, slept better, etc.

That experience with steroids and the GI docs' inability to treat me with other drugs has me hypothesizing that I'm cortisol deficient for some reason. I think the low cortisol and DHEA levels definitely indicate a problem, but my primary care was not convinced. He would probably refer me to an endocrinologist, if I asked. Is that worth pursuing?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Yep, the guy could have 700 T level and idiot Doc is going to shut down a high natural production of that T?

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#29]
At what dosage are most of you doing?

1 Ml @ 200Mg ?

Thats 200 Mg of testosterone in every ml

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#31]

My test cyp is coming 100mg/ml in a multimodes vial.  I do 60mg twice a week.  Just started 500IU HCG twice per week as well.
View All Quotes
1 Ml @ 200Mg ?

My test cyp is coming 100mg/ml in a multimodes vial.  I do 60mg twice a week.  Just started 500IU HCG twice per week as well.

Doing 70 to 80 mg every 4 days.

700 iu HCG every 4 days.

Subcutaneously.

It works and I'm OLD

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep, the guy could have 700 T level and idiot Doc is going to shut down a high natural production of that T?

View All Quotes

I guarantee you my numbers are nowhere near 700, I'd bet a pmag they are less than 300.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#33]

I guarantee you my numbers are nowhere near 700, I'd bet a pmag they are less than 300.
View All Quotes

Challenge extended...

Like a bunch of old farts in here. We should get a pool going on his labs. I say they are between 250 and 300.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#34]
MAN I feel different (in a good way) this morning. Hit the ground running. I slept ok, about normal so I don't think it was related to sleeping.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

1.3ml @200mg/ml
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cowboy:
1 Ml @ 200Mg ?

1.3ml @200mg/ml

Is that every YEAR ---or TWO  

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Do any of you guys with low T get your cortisol, DHEA and creatinine levels also tested? If so, would you mind posting them?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

What are the ranges? Have you had a acth stim test?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Sparky:
View All Quotes

No acth stim test. Those were the values from one 9 a.m. (fasting) blood draw.

Normal ranges according to the lab are in parenthesis.

Creatinine: 0.67 mg/dl (0.66-1.25)

Aldosterone: 9.9 ng/dL (< 31)

Blood Urea Nitrogen: 21 mg/dl

BUN/Creatinine Ratio: 47.2

Cortisol AM Sample: 1.8 ug/dl (4.5-22.7)

Glucose: 59 mg/dl (74-106)

DHEA Sulfate: 55 ug/dL (280-640)
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

How long have you been taking the the steroids? Long term high dose use will kill your adrenals and make you dependent on them.  With your low dhea and cortisol it looks as if you have an adrenal problem. Those kind of go together. I would suggest a blood draw to check your ACTH. If that is off it could be a pituitary problem. Get a stim test as well to check for primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency. Have you ever checked your thyroid or igf-1?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:21:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoosier122] [#42]

How long have you been taking the the steroids? Long term high dose use will kill your adrenals and make you dependent on them.  With your low dhea and cortisol it looks as if you have an adrenal problem. Those kind of go together. I would suggest a blood draw to check your ACTH. If that is off it could be a pituitary problem. Get a stim test as well to check for primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency. Have you ever checked your thyroid or igf-1?
View All Quotes

In the past year to treat the GI issues, I've been on three different tapering doses of prednisone:

January: 30 mg to 0 mg (daily)

March: 50 mg to 0 mg (daily)

June/July: 60 mg to 0 mg (daily) ... I've not had any prednisone since the second week of August.

BUT, I am currently being treated with Budesonide 3 mg @  3x daily. It is a glucocorticoid steroid. So I guess that it is likely that the Budesonide is still affecting my adrenals -- despite the whole purpose of me being on the Budesonide was to avoid the side effects of prednisone.

Sigh ... it really sucks that they cannot reliably test for adrenal issues while on steroids. Even when I'm getting no symptom relief from the Budesonide.

No igf-1 testing. My sister does have hypothyroidism.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:22:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#44]
How quickly did HCG start to have any effect?  How much did it impact your total T?  Did you lose any weight with the HCG?  Just took my third shot of 500IU tonight.
View Quote

Really haven't noticed anything different...

That's prolly a good thing...

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Tomorrow will be one week since my dr visit. I feel 1000% better than this time last week. I think this is on the right track for what was wrong with me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Tomorrow will be one week since my dr visit. I feel 1000% better than this time last week. I think this is on the right track for what was wrong with me.
View Quote

Good to hear someone is doing better. I did more labs today. The endo doc wants to see if there is an underlying reason for the low T. So he is checking a few things I guess. Still haven't started treatment...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate to sound like a constant whiner on this issue but does anyone have a definitive symptom  on Low E2 and High E2?

There are so many symptoms that mirror high & low.

I have real trouble nailing down if my E2 is too high or too low?

I can't run to labcorp every week.  
Page / 402
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top