Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2024 3:43:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
As an owner of an m1009 also I will side that direction.

For years it was an extra vehicle and if my wife’s car went down , I just let her drive my primary and I drove the m1009. While not the most versatile vehicle , it runs enough to trust back and forth to work.

Mine also needs some tlc , but I can’t seem to let it go. Needs new window seals , front windshield , new paint , driver seat is toast , and a new radiator. But like I said it runs well enough.

Didn’t help you much did I. 🙃
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 6:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealSundance] [#2]
The blazer will get about 6 more MPG.  If the lower intake manifold hasn't been replaced it will and even then there a good chance the engine will soon after need replaced due to coolant going into the oil.  

I would take the money and get a 5.3 engine swap with a 4l80 for the M1009 and what ever else needs fixed because you'll be dumping money into the s10.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
The blazer will get about 6 more MPG.  If the lower intake manifold hasn't been replaced it will and even then there a good chance the engine will soon after need replaced due to coolant going into the oil.  

I would take the money and get a 5.3 engine swap with a 4l80 for the M1009 and what ever else needs fixed because you'll be dumping money into the s10.
View Quote

all of this

I would love a mint ZR2 truck or blazer but having owned two similar s10s back in the day, it's only a matter of time before you start dumping money into that blazer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top