Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I hadn’t watched the videos. Still haven’t.

Looked into having my SBS 870 converted to a serbu style but the damn conversion would have cost a grand and ended up with fewer rounds anyway. Fuck it. Guess a 12” shotgun is as cool as I’ll get for a while :-/
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
   That .22
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the super shorty work well with mini slugs?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Never tried.  I’ve just used 2 3/4 and 3”.  Good question though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The SU15 is something different. It’s a bufferless AR design, like a KAC PDW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will we see those by the time the Serbu SU15 hits the market?
Technically you can get one now. Either by machining it, or 3d printing it yourself. The GB-22 isn't super secret. He's put out videos on it for years now, but it was a proof of concept to make the cheapest functional gun possible for gun buyback schemes. I don't quite understand the angle of brining it to market himself, as it likely would come in at an end user cost higher than the amount it could be resold for in a buy back.  It only really makes sense to me to sell to home builders that want an actual reference gun straight from the source.

He does sell the plans now. I'm sure they're probably redistributed elsewhere for free, but I think he deserves $12 for making it. https://serbu.com/gb-22-plans/

The SU15 is something different. It’s a bufferless AR design, like a KAC PDW.

I wish KAC would make that PDW available
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Just put .50bmg blanks and use them as flash bangs for room clearing

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do any 870’s run them?  I assume the Mossberg adapter works on those.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That .22
View Quote

He put the plans online if you want to build your own

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Not interested in gimmick guns for suckers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are the stock plastic grip that comes on the 870 from Remington. Been meaning to change mine out for some time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/20141128_235306-3026597.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Triggerstuck
What grip on the SS?

They are the stock plastic grip that comes on the 870 from Remington. Been meaning to change mine out for some time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/20141128_235306-3026597.jpg

Pretty sure it’s Choate that made them. I swapped mine out but need to figure out an adapter for the sling I got with mine. It was threaded through the loop on the grip.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remington has a full length closed carrier (except for a 3- sided cut in case an extra shell gets jammed under the bolt, it allows some flex so you can work it free), no adapter needed. Mossberg needs the adapter to prevent shells from falling out the rear of the partial carrier.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Damn. That would be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could use a 12 gauge revolver.  That'd be cool.

Damn. That would be.

The Crye Six12 was (is?) a six-shot, 12 gauge, revolver and was supposed to be produced in Nashville. I haven't heard or seen shit about them in several years, though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought that it was illegal to put a foregrip on a pistol?

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're talking about the Super Shorty, it is an AOW (due to the fact that it's a smoothbore handgun). As such, it is legal to install a vertical foregrip.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Damn. That would be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could use a 12 gauge revolver.  That'd be cool.

Damn. That would be.

So...a Street Sweeper?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Super shorty please
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang, suddenly I’m 13 years old again watching Miami Vice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.
View Quote
Come on dude. You've already been corrected, so I won't say that again. Mark makes a good .50, don't smear him.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it count if it is a part of the pump mechanism?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Single-shot 22.

‘Kay, neat.

Show me a reliable, durable, hi-cap compact 9mm with a fixed/floating barrel that suppresses well and doesn’t cost $2K+, and you’ll have my attention.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd be happy just getting back the money they took on the SU15 preorder.
View Quote

What does the Florida Attorney General have to say about it? I like Mark, like his videos, think he’s funny, and think he’s really good at what he does…. But if he took money you gave him in good faith to produce a gun, it’s been a criminally long time…. What was that, 2015? I think I was at SHOT that year….. “When I get around to it” isn’t an excuse once you start taking money from people.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Single-shot 22.

‘Kay, neat.

Show me a reliable, durable, hi-cap compact 9mm with a fixed/floating barrel that suppresses well and doesn’t cost $2K+, and you’ll have my attention.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#24]
The BFG50 is tits.  Preferred it over my Armalite.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I have an SBS I wanted to convert to the SSS or at least get a conversation kit from him.  I missed out by a matter of days (years ago).  I called since I'm local and pleaded my case.    No luck.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wasn't a rifle issue but an issue with the ammo used.
View Quote

Be honest with yourself, it's both - ever wonder why every other rifle ever made has a big lump of metal for a bolt and not a threaded cap?

When Kentucky Ballistics RN-50 grenaded it tore through all the parts that are meant to stop the breach cannonballing into your neck - that's a huge issue right there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#28]
About 10 years ago, I mention to him that he should consider 3D printing the GB (using a metal barrel insert).  

He looked at me like I was speaking Chinese...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What does the Florida Attorney General have to say about it? I like Mark, like his videos, think he’s funny, and think he’s really good at what he does…. But if he took money you gave him in good faith to produce a gun, it’s been a criminally long time…. What was that, 2015? I think I was at SHOT that year….. “When I get around to it” isn’t an excuse once you start taking money from people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be happy just getting back the money they took on the SU15 preorder.

Well, 2015 just happened to be the year I was diagnosed with cancer also.  The intervening years have been either trying to stay ahead of it, or going places like MD Anderson which take a lot of my available funds.  I'll hold up my end, but if the upper is 20 more years, I won't be around anyways and they win.  Don't get me wrong.  I have a Serbu super shorty which I love, just wish the SU15 was ready also.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about you learn how to manufacture what you have first so your 50s don't have a 3 year waiting list ?????

Or...you know, explode.

I would expect that the second problem would tend to mitigate the first...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Remington has a full length closed carrier (except for a 3- sided cut in case an extra shell gets jammed under the bolt, it allows some flex so you can work it free), no adapter needed. Mossberg needs the adapter to prevent shells from falling out the rear of the partial carrier.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Or you can just shoot 3" slugs out of it*.

*Note: don't do this. Seriously. It almost cost us yet another NFL player benched from injury. Quite possibly the single worst recoiling non-shouldered weapon I've shot, and I find the S&W scandium guns to be downright fun to play with. Two rounds and I had serious pain in my thumb for about a week.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

So unmodified Remingtons will run mini shells? I did not know that to be the case.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have an SBS I wanted to convert to the SSS or at least get a conversation kit from him.  I missed out by a matter of days (years ago).  I called since I'm local and pleaded my case.    No luck.
View Quote

Might try Safety Harbor that's what mine is.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#35]
TAC-14 with hardwood and lots of range session drove the interest in a Serbu out of me.

I do love my TAC-14
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
TAC-14 with hardwood and lots of range session drove the interest in a Serbu out of me.

I do love my TAC-14
View Quote

If those had been popular and available I might have gone that way but I really wanted something super short for fun. When you have them side by side it feels like the Shockwaves are twice as big even though it's only 8-10 inches
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about you learn how to manufacture what you have first so your 50s don't have a 3 year waiting list ?????

Or...you know, explode.

One of his early pre-production 50BMG rifles had a design flaw that led to a catastrophic failure and an injured shooter.

I had a SIRIS for a time and sold it for a dumb reason.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or you can just shoot 3" slugs out of it*.

*Note: don't do this. Seriously. It almost cost us yet another NFL player benched from injury. Quite possibly the single worst recoiling non-shouldered weapon I've shot, and I find the S&W scandium guns to be downright fun to play with. Two rounds and I had serious pain in my thumb for about a week.
View Quote

I don't find them too uncomfortable to shoot with a Pachmeyr grip but I don't shoot them too often as I worry about the thinned down barrel ring.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top