Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2024 11:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnRoamer]
Ran into an alignment issue when running dual PVS' on a Sotac bridge and made up this little spacer to drop one down.

I don't have a printer and am unfamiliar with the different material choices and was wondering what would be best for a part like this?  It will always be sandwiched between the body of the PVS and the OSS Shoe so I am not sure how strong it really needs to be.

The prototypes were printed in Nylon 12 and Nylon 12 with glass fiber and both seem fairly strong.  I was thinking the Nylon 12 with glass fiber followed by a vapor polish would be sufficient but am definitely open to other ideas.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't nylon creep?
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
not in this application: compression.

Unless it's printed with very low infill.
View Quote

Appreciate the responses so far. It's 100% infill fwiw.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You just need one? I could machine one out of delrin, abs, nylon, or aluminum. I'd need a step file.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Blob:
You just need one? I could machine one out of delrin, abs, nylon, or aluminum. I'd need a step file.
View Quote

Why machine out of delrin when you can print it with delrin!

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Why machine out of delrin when you can print it with delrin!

View Quote

A couple reasons at least
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#8]

A couple reasons at least
View Quote

Where is your sense of adventure!

Machining is awesome though. Wish I could do that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, I was actually approached by another member wanting to machine a few out of aluminum and anodize so we'll see how that goes.  

My initial thought was to hopefully find a 3d printed material and design that would work and then just put the file out there so whoever needed one could order theirs directly from a printer farm or print themselves.  Which it is sounding like the Nylon with glass fiber would work fine for that?  Once I get a little more feedback on fitment I'll order some and put them through some real world use and report back if they hold up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top