Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2024 4:01:15 PM EDT
I loved the original. 2 was good as well. I don't think I ever finished 3.
What a well written story.

22 years ago. Fuck I'm getting old

https://tech4gamers.com/max-payne-remakes-big-project/

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good game, still have the mousepad!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
3 was good also.
Great series of games.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Love the first 2, such great games.

I honestly clicked thinking movie remake to redo the trash that was the film.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell yeah! I was just playing yesterday it's a classic!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Loved 1. Could only play in 16 min increments before my graphics card would tap out and BSOD my box ??????

I’ll definitely buy the remake now that I have disposable income to have a proper GPU
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love the first 2, such great games.

I honestly clicked thinking movie remake to redo the trash that was the film.
View Quote

Yup.  Wow that was garbage.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Was this the one they made a movie with Olga Kruylenko and Mila Kunis?

Needed a lesbo scene
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I won't buy it. Sam Lake turned into a massive globohomo ESG guzzling cum stain, and Alan Woke 2 was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

They're going to ruin these remakes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Loved 1. Could only play in 16 min increments before my graphics card would tap out and BSOD my box ??????

I’ll definitely buy the remake now that I have disposable income to have a proper GPU
View Quote

I feel your pain! I was still running a Voodoo3 when Max Payne came out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Thought they’d be remaking the movie. It was a pretty generic Hard Boiled/Death Wish etc movie though, so I dunno that there’s that much there.

Then I realized they’d be remaking the game. It had the bullet time gimmick which was neat but got old quick. Outside that it was a pretty generic shooter though, so I dunno that there’s that there.

So I guess I just don’t know that there’s that much there lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoa, they're going to merge 1 & 2 into one game? That's gonna be awesome. I never got through the 3rd game for a few reasons. That main reason being it didn't feel like a Max Payne game and the other major reason is that boss fight at the airport was straight up bullshit. I couldn't get past that part.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Aww shit. I'm hyped. Max Payne was one of the most games ever.

1 and 2 were awesome. 3 was OK storywise. The only thing that made it worthwhile IMO was the gunplay and the NJ flashback scenes. IDK, Brazil just seemed too sunny and colorful for a Max Payne setting.

If this is going to be a 2 in one remake, they'd have to REALLY fuck up for me to not love it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whoa, they're going to merge 1 & 2 into one game? That's gonna be awesome. I never got through the 3rd game for a few reasons. That main reason being it didn't feel like a Max Payne game and the other major reason is that boss fight at the airport was straight up bullshit. I couldn't get past that part.
View Quote
They're going to race swap Mona and insert an hour long homo erotic musical interlude that's unskippable. I'm telling you guys, it's gonna be shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2 are some of my favorite games of all time but I honestly don't want the remake.  It's so incredibly rare that a remaster or remake is an improvement upon the original.  Notable original works are what they are as a result of numerous factors coming together at just the right time and often by chance.  It's catching lightning in a bottle.

I like the original art of those games as is.  The textures, the models, the voice acting.  They are all products of their time.  I'd take a remaster with some minor quality of life improvements that left the original art intact but that's about it.  You know, tweaks to the engine, the controls, maybe a few other minor things but the original game was great as is.

On of my favorite projects was "DarkXL" where some random guy on the internet took Dark Forces and upgraded the engine for proper mouse and keyboard play and rendering at modern screen resolutions.  The "art" of the original game was entirely preserved but it was just made more playable for a modern audience.  The game basically played exactly like my brain remembered it from the 1990s, none of the original feel was lost, and that in my mind is the way to properly honor and old game.

Same goes for movies.  I don't mind some work done to clean up the picture and the audio but don't go in there and George Lucas the fucking thing.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Loved the series.  I think one of the games came free with one of my video cards, maybe the diamond viper v770.

I've prefer a remaster similar to what happened with quake though.  A reboot will probably be garbage.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They're going to race swap Mona and insert an hour long homo erotic musical interlude that's unskippable. I'm telling you guys, it's gonna be shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're probably right.
View Quote
It's going to be molested. This is nu remedy.
Alan Wake 2 - Herald of Darkness Musical Mission (4K) Old Gods of Asgard

They're contracted with sweet baby, who's entire purpose is to rewrite scripts to be more progressive. https://sweetbabyinc.com

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsmCoI5QJ3k

They're contracted with sweet baby, who's entire purpose is to rewrite scripts to be more progressive. https://sweetbabyinc.com

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsmCoI5QJ3k

Eww...  

Attachment Attached File

Video games were best when the were developed by problematic males trying to shock parents and taunt regulators like ID software in the 90s and Rockstar North in the early 2000s.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top