Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2024 2:51:07 PM EDT
Heat may be a contributing factor, but I have had too many failures to retract the probe here lately. It is generally happening after an initial print with a chamber temp of 55c.

I have tried all the usual fixes including cleaning/replacing the probe pin & tweaking the adjustment screw position. Things will work OK for a bit & then start the same crap all over again.

I dropped a line to Qidi support & suggested replacing the BLtouch. We'll see if they send a replacement or suggest I go to the magnetic sheet & proximity probe.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You seem to be plagued by little annoyances and issues with the QIDI.

Makes me glad I went Bambu X1C. I know I gave up build volume but daggon man that thing hasn't been super appliance-y.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Really this has been pretty much the only issue to date that has impacted my ability to get stuff done.  It has pretty much been just send the print job & remove when done.  No fiddling with z offset, etc. for the most part (unless I've just done a nozzle change, etc.).    Of course I'm pretty much just printing ASA with a 0.6 nozzle, no switching materials & settings.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the free mag plate and prox sensor upgrade. I wasn't even having an issue, I just emailed and asked for it.

No issues with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got a reply from Qidi.  They are sending a magnetic sheet & proximity probe via USPS.   The email included links to instructions & videos.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#5]
@bobbyhill

When you switched, did you reload the firmware with the proximity probe tag or did you just edit the printer.cfg file?
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Did some searching & found there have been a number of people who ran into BLtouch issues when used in a heated chamber.  Some with issues at temps as low as 40c.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
@bobbyhill

When you switched, did you reload the firmware with the proximity probe tag or did you just edit the printer.cfg file?
View Quote

I just reloaded the firmware. I don't have the hours to unfuck it when I capitalize something that shouldn't be or some other trivial mistake
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Got parts in today. Replaced disc magnets with the magnetic sheet & the Bltouch with the proximity probe. Got the firmware reloading with the induction probe version of printer.cfg.

Hopefully re-initialization will go smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Firmware in, factory reset & calibrations done.   So far things are OK.   Trying to dial in  z-offset with babystepping so all I have to worry about is what needs printing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top