Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Meal Plans in a box (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#1]
My wife and. Have tried them all and for us, by far, Hello Fresh is the best and I look forward to getting the shipment. We get two meals per month and really enjoy them.

Blue Apron was not bad but Hello Fresh has the type of meal selection we like.

Hello fresh does not use anything exotic and I will repeat the meals myself with store bought groceries
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol that ain't a meal plan.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
I get the factor_75 for a few lunch/dinner during the week when I need to save time.

they're actually pretty good, well the ground beef isn't great but the pork and chicken meals are killer.

they are motherfuckin expensive though.
View Quote

I've done a few influencer deals w/ Factor and so they've sent me a bunch of free food. It's really good IMO. But I have my own wife at home, so...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a ridiculously easy, high protein, easy to make, no waste meal prepping system at home, but no one but me would commit to eating the way I do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I do Hello Fresh, mostly because I get a 15% discount as a perk at work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m the king of left overs.  Will eat shit till it’s gone.  Wife, not so much.

Left overs are what usually (always) end up in my lunch box for work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I cook every single meal we eat and meal prep and have zero leftovers. We have a chest freezer full with meat/veggies, etc and a chest freezer full with ready made individual meals, currently 23 different ones. All we have to do is open the freezer and grab what we feel like eating that day. We never wonder what we are going to eat that day, we have plenty of choices. We also don't have to both eat the same meal if we don't feel like. I try to always have 100+ ready meals in the freezer which is two meals a day for 50 days for the two of us. I don't have time to cook during the week and this makes it very easy as well. Way cheaper than buying ready made meals that you still have to cook and I am sure it is a lot healthier as well.
Since we started doing that, our grocery bills went way down and as mentioned, there are no leftovers at all that get wasted.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
We did HelloFresh before we had a kid.  The meals were really good, easy to make, and very convenient.  We stopped because we were constantly getting deliveries with the packages of meat leaking everywhere.  We also stopped because our daughter was old enough to eat solid food so we were preparing different meals.

I would do it again but probably pick a different company.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Ex and I did Hello Fresh for awhile

Got tired of it pretty quickly

SSDD: Sear a protein, make a pan sauce, roast Brussel Sprouts, or carrots, or green beans in the oven
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
My bil uses Blue Apron.

I opened his freezer and he has a shitload of the cold packs in there. His wife is a stay-at-home. He works from home. I just don't get it.

I can more understand it with a working couple, but my wife does most of the inside cooking. I buy whole turkeys on sale whenever I see them.

We make huge pots of chili. I often throw a picnic roast in the instapot. I cook a mess of chicken thighs at a time. Huge dishes of homemade mac n cheese.

Spaghetti with meat sauce. We rarely eat out and pack the kids' lunches every day with real food.

My 16 year old is eating for 3. A service would be pretty costly for us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
My bil uses Blue Apron.

I opened his freezer and he has a shitload of the cold packs in there. His wife is a stay-at-home. He works from home. I just don't get it.

I can more understand it with a working couple, but my wife does most of the inside cooking. I buy whole turkeys on sale whenever I see them.

We make huge pots of chili. I often throw a picnic roast in the instapot. I cook a mess of chicken thighs at a time. Huge dishes of homemade mac n cheese.

Spaghetti with meat sauce. We rarely eat out and pack the kids' lunches every day with real food.

My 16 year old is eating for 3. A service would be pretty costly for us.
View Quote

We are empty nesters and both work.

We both mentioned last night while making super we both enjoyed cooking the meals together. That is a plus for us.

We sure don’t want whole turkeys and giant pots of chili. Beans or no beans. I get tired of the same thing for three days in a row.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Meal Plans in a box (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top