BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Another good choice.
Saw it at a later show, show we were driving home around 10 PM.
We're sitting at a light and I swear the fucking Car pulled up next to us.
Freaked me the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Soldier Blue, Razorback, The Day After, and The Stunt Man. Saw them all when I was under ten.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Children of the corn scared me shitless when I saw it - I could not finish the movie.  I should watch it now.  I'm sure it's probably ridiculous/campy shit, but as a 9 year old, it scarred the hell out of me.
View Quote

This.  I was 10.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Salems Lot
I am 49 years old now and until the day I die I will not sleep with the blinds open because of thus movie.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Xenomorphs gave me nightmares as a young lad.

https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/1046330/xenomorph-alien.jpg
View Quote

This. I was 9 and stayed up late to watch the original Alien on HBO. Scared the shit out of me. All I saw the rest of the night was alien shadows and I didn't sleep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Excellent choice.
View Quote

came to post this.  Jumped on my bed for months after so I didn't get my Achilles cut.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Night of the living dead, the 70’s version.

As kids it was terrifying, I remember my Mom and Aunt scaring the hell out of us later that night after we went to bed, they did they’re hair and makeup just like the zombies in the film. Me my sister and cousin were scared to sleep for weeks…LOL.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't really watch scary movies as a kid but there was one movie where the new girlfriend of a kids dad was teaching the kid how to swim and she drowned the kid to get him out of the picture. I don't remember what the movie was called.  I was a competitive swimmer from a pretty young age in school and that part of the movie  kept coming back in nightmares even after high school sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The Exorcist
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
My kid just turned 10 and his mother will not allow him to watch scary movie in her house.  He wants to watch one bad, so this is a good list next time he comes up for the night.  

I have rewatched alot of the suggestions here as an adult, and some are cheesy as hell now.  Others, hold their place.  Not sure how bad I wanna scare my kid, as my parents did not give a fuck at the time when I was that young, so I may go with something made before 1985.  I dont wanna be a shithead father, but give him the scare he wants.  So we will see.  Not sure if all kids are the same or not when it comes to these movies.  Like I said in the OP, not sure if he would be scared of "The Birds" or "Cujo" today.  Probably gonna start out with Jaws and see how it goes.  Maybe throw in a Chucky movie.  

He may be to old to be scared by them, but we can work our way up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Salem’s Lot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
@sycotik1
"The Birds" is a classic, use it for a starter movie. The only downside is, like other classic movies, they do things like plot and character development to enhance the story, which might make the story seem slower getting started.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

recent movies I won't watch again-
Silence of the Lambs
Braveheart
View Quote

When my oldest daughter was 14 or so she started in with the "people are good, I don't need protection" bullshit. I made he watch Silence.
She asked for a shotgun after a day or two. I bought her a semiauto 20g.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If it helps, I had an oncology surgeon and two cardiologists before I turned 50.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.... you're not as old as I thought you were!

Hell,he's just a kid

If it helps, I had an oncology surgeon and two cardiologists before I turned 50.  

To be fair, you are older than me, but not by as much as I thought.

Most folks on Arfcom think I am older than I am. But I am still oldish.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
the scene in Pinocchio where he and the other boy start turning into donkeys is scarier than any legit horror movie I saw as a
kid
View Quote

I remember that scaring me too.  I don't remember how old I was.  Probably six or seven.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Fright Night gave me the creeps as a kid, but not as much as the reruns of Nightstalker.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Yentl...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Shining.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#21]
The original version of "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark."

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top