Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/15/2023 5:50:16 PM EDT
She’s an 18-year veteran RN in an EP lab at a large hospital system. Her and a few others are having all of their computer login time monitored as they do their charting. She logs in and her background changes to black. She says the only time this happened in the past was when she called IT for help and they took over her screen. One time today she noticed her mouse cursor was frozen for a bit. Apparently the hospital system does random audits like this, but I’m wondering what brand of software would they be using? She said it seems to be on autopilot and doesn’t seem like there’s a live person watching.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're using an employer's system, you should always assume that everything is being monitored. She probably signed something to that effect already.
There are a thousand ways to do it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve come to the conclusion that the healthcare field is the last place I would want to work. Sounds like hospital management is full of power seeking cunts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Very unlikely someone is just sitting there just watching...  IT can monitor and see everything she does anyways when she logs in.  Wouldn't even worry about it.    Do her job and move on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow can they do that? Pretty sure that violates privacy and free speech.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Everybody on an employer computer is being monitored in one way or another
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Since every key stroke is recorded and log-in are randomly audited, this seems par at my hospital system.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
She should be thankful no one is trying to steal her electric bike rental
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're using an employer's system, you should always assume that everything is being monitored. She probably signed something to that effect already.
View Quote

She already knows that and accepts it. They only use the computers to chart in patient records…no random web browsing. I’m just curious to know what product they would be using.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have no privacy and no free speech at work.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ve come to the conclusion that the healthcare field is the last place I would want to work. Sounds like hospital management is full of power seeking cunts.
View Quote

Qft
My wife works in healthcare. It's a soul-sucking hellscape now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom of speech while working and documenting in a patients chart that is the property of the patient and hosptial?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's also woke as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. You have no expectation of privacy on your employer's computer except what they explicitly tell you is allowed and private.  Just assume they're watching any way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very unlikely someone is just sitting there just watching...  IT can monitor and see everything she does anyways when she logs in.  Wouldn't even worry about it.    Do her job and move on.
View Quote

She’s not worried. I’m wondering what software vendor a hospital IT department would use.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#16]
There are agents that collect logs from and report back to SIEMs and other applications but someone actually watching what she is doing is pretty much zero especially in healthcare where barely any money is devoted to security or tech.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe it's not the company IT people monitoring.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She’s not worried. I’m wondering what software vendor a hospital IT department would use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you described is the default background for ConnectWise Control on an active connection. Could be for other vendors, not sure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
My desktop at work is always something outrageous. It's currently FJB falling down. I like to think they see it if they ever monitor me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#21]
It's my understanding they can do "click audits" at any time and see everything you've done/accessed on the computer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What you described is the default background for ConnectWise Control on an active connection. Could be for other vendors, not sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my thought.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

They do that to make sure that HIPPA isn't being violated. You'd be surprised at how many hospital employees go looking through charts of people they know or local (and even national ) celebrities.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Fintech is much much worse.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They do that to make sure that HIPPA isn't being violated. You'd be surprised at how many hospital employees go looking through charts of people they know or local (and even national ) celebrities.
View Quote

Yeah pretty much any work computer is monitored. Obviously. With the ability to actively montor. But some just upload everything every night at a certain time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
EMR flags care workers accessing charts that they have not been assigned to and sends a report to the nurse manager and department manager.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My hospital seems to audit accesses any time an employee or famous person is admitted. We had someone of local fame come into the ER. 10 employees were fired for inappropriate access to that chart afterwards.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
She’s an 18-year veteran RN in an EP lab at a large hospital system. Her and a few others are having all of their computer login time monitored as they do their charting. She logs in and her background changes to black. She says the only time this happened in the past was when she called IT for help and they took over her screen. One time today she noticed her mouse cursor was frozen for a bit. Apparently the hospital system does random audits like this, but I’m wondering what brand of software would they be using? She said it seems to be on autopilot and doesn’t seem like there’s a live person watching.
View Quote

Tell her to tell them to FOAD.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Picture of wife not loading.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

She's not worried. I'm wondering what software vendor a hospital IT department would use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's not worried. I'm wondering what software vendor a hospital IT department would use.
Whatever is cheapest
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Healthcare in general needs to apologize to their customers for playing along with the CDC and Big Pharma.  Some individuals have but it’s a big ask.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife could only access her paycheck stubs through the hospitals pc while she was at work. So much for privacy looking at your paycheck and personal info.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love when folks that don't understand the Constitution bring up the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly

She has no right to privacy on the system. They can log every keystroke if they like.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I figured way back in 2003 before I retired that using the company computer for anything other than work was fraught with peril.
Couple general managers never did figure it out and lost their jobs when they sent out a couple mild jokes that got reported by pre Karens or whatever they were called back then.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My wife could only access her paycheck stubs through the hospitals pc while she was at work. So much for privacy looking at your paycheck and personal info.
View Quote
IT and Security also get audited for unauthorized access to hosts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I love when folks that don't understand the Constitution bring up the Constitution.
View Quote

I love when folks don't see a troll post as a troll post.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Bombgar is likely what they are using
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh

Lives are at stake. I have issue with a hospital logging user use.

Her private phone and computer are different.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife used to work in a healthcare benefit related industry. Numerous people were fired for snooping in the records of famous people.

One day a colleague of hers wound up taking a call from a movie star everyone here has heard of. To solve the issue he needed to access the star's info. The next day the colleague got a call from corporate compliance asking why he had accessed that record. They (compliance) listened to a recording of the call to verify his access was legit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
She should be thankful no one is trying to steal her electric bike rental
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is SO many out there.  Icon should be in the try by the clock. Hover over it and it'll say.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

LoL
This is too good.

Skimming the thread, I see 3 took the bait
LoL
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#47]
A frozen mouse=/=remote access software

The background and only the background changed?

When my folks took over a system it was black or white - we could black the screen while we did maintenance or we could co-drive with the customer using their keyboard, video, mouse. 99% of the time we blacked the screen as I normally sent my guys to do face-to-face with the customer for training/explaining. With COVID we went 100% remote and used the co-drive capability.. The user gets a clear pop-up that says John Jones from IT wants to take control ... that ability is built-in Windows Pro and Windows Server Active Directory.

Remote monitoring could be silent but as a firewall admin I don't need to see your screen to see what you're consuming off the Internet, I can capture it, or more likely run it though filters to analyze what it sees. Even if it's encrypted as the firewall has the ability to decrypt the stream, look at it, and then re-encrypt it and send it on its way. The user has zero idea of anything going on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and not understanding what the OP of thread is on about.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is SO many out there.  Icon should be in the try by the clock. Hover over it and it'll say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked her and she said there is no tray icon that pops up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you can’t or didn’t read. She has no problem with it. I’m interested in the IT aspect of it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top