Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2024 10:14:10 PM EDT
A step up from the shitty Line6 4x12. A lot heavier too!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spleenless-Dave] [#1]
Nice!  What is the wattage on that amp?  I've never seen one of those before.

My late brother was into collecting Marshall heads and speaker cabinets. When he passed his daughter sold everything off. I got one old tube head that he had taken apart that I believe was from the '60s that had a purple covering but we think that someone recovered it. I sold it years ago.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good cab. I have a red one with greenbacks under a Bogner Helios. If you have the power to feed them. They'll move some air.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, If I was going to buy another 4x12 cab that would be the one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
forgot to add. I'm jealous of the valvestate rack amp.  Mine had a puff of smoke come out the last time I turned it on. :-(
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Congratulations, I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
Nice!  What is the wattage on that amp?  I've never seen one of those before.

My late brother was into collecting Marshall heads and speaker cabinets. When he passed his daughter sold everything off. I got one old tube head that he had taken apart that I believe was from the '60s that had a purple covering but we think that someone recovered it. I sold it years ago.
View Quote

2 channels x 120W. 240W in mono channel.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
A 1960 cab weighs about 80 lbs. I used to have a Marshall Half stack. Nothing sound like it and Marshall makes great cabs.
Fast forward, I’m older now and use a Quilter amp with a DV Mark cab.
Sounds great but nothing like what you have.
Enjoy your amp. If you have to move it every night it might change your outlook.
It’s all relative. Enjoy what you have while it works for you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mr335:
A 1960 cab weighs about 80 lbs. I used to have a Marshall Half stack. Nothing sound like it and Marshall makes great cabs.
Fast forward, I’m older now and use a Quilter amp with a DV Mark cab.
Sounds great but nothing like what you have.
Enjoy your amp. If you have to move it every night it might change your outlook.
It’s all relative. Enjoy what you have while it works for you.
View Quote

Yeah, thankfully this doesn't need to move very often.

Oh, and a minor update to this thread, I ended up going the Arfcom way and got both. The Marshall cab and power amp are my core setup but now I also have a QSC K12.2 for using the Helix's modeling abilities and also for just louder, better quality audio to play along with. Now I'm going to have to start filling one of the empty banks in the Helix with full amp+cab modeled versions of my presets. Not the worst problem to have though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice! Now you need another one for stereo!
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:
Nice! Now you need another one for stereo!
View Quote

That's on the agenda once there's a bit more disposable income to play around with. Although I'm kind of weighing that against a JCM800 head. I really don't need either but I want both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top