Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2020 3:20:24 AM EDT
Got a hunt coming up and need a 2 person cot for me and the gal, we do NOT want a air mattress of any sorts.  Looking for something that is sturdy and won't break the bank.  We both have back issues hence the air mattress and a week on one of those would kill me and I'm sure her as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Try google?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I did but thought I would ask for some first hand experience...
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Kamp-rite & teton have nice ones
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did but thought I would ask for some first hand experience...
View Quote

Well, I've never seen one, in fifty years. Not saying there aren't any, because I also wasn't particularly looking for one either, but I don't think they is common. I also don't recommend a cot of any kind to sleep on, either. A closed cell foam pad and blankets is where you want to trend, and maybe a mummy bag under 20F. Cots are for semi-permanent camps, like a military FOB, you don't want one for ordinary camping of...well, any kind, really. You can make them pretty comfortable if you are somewhere for a long time where you can accumulate a lot of bedclothes over time; they offer no comfort benefits otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have time to cut some wood and make a knock down rope bed?  That and a futon may win the day.

Lookee here
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I would take  a pair of hammocks over a huge cot personally.

Free bump
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Tentcot is what you seek. Get the deluxe version.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#10]
It's called 2 cots.  Works great.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you tried an air mattress lately? The raised models are actually really nice.
I think it would be easier to adjust one of those for comfort than to find a cot with a decent sleeping surface.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]
amazon double

I did just see a 2 person while looking for xxl cots on amazon.

Personally could not figure out the point vs just placing 2 side by side. Its not like it would work for cuddling. It still had a support bar/beam seperating each side..

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll just say definitely the right call ruling out an air mattress. Two people trying to sleep on one just doesn't work, any movement and you wake the other person.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Cabelas used to have some
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah. Those are just the xxxl cots for the larger crowd.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]
The wife and I just jammed ours together and put an air mattress on top of the assembly.

Using some big zip ties to lash the cots together would be smart.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Why though? 2 cots and 2 sleeping bags is a pretty good way to camp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got a hunt coming up and need a 2 person cot for me and the gal, we do NOT want a air mattress of any sorts.  Looking for something that is sturdy and won't break the bank.  We both have back issues hence the air mattress and a week on one of those would kill me and I'm sure her as well.
View Quote

I have a Slumberjack XL - I’m 6’4” - that works well for 2 nights but after that my back is done because of the lack of support/hammock sling nature of a cot. I can’t imagine a 2 person cot being any better.

I also have a 3” thick foam/air car camping sleeping pad that works really well for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No "bumping" with the SO if you are in separate hammocks.
View Quote

Hammock is basically a sex swing, if you don't mind the woodland voyeurs
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trust me on this one: you want two one-person cots.

ETA: You’re going to need a closed cell foam pad on top of it, otherwise, you’ll freeze. Oh, yes, you will!

All that nice down on top of you keeping you warm, will be compressed down to a quarter of an inch and not doing jack underneath you as your body heat strives and fails to warm up the eighteen inches of fresh air below your cot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Kamp-rite & teton have nice ones
View Quote
Teton is damn stout!  I wanted a big cot so I wouldn't have rails digging into me when I flipped and flopped around.

I also did not want to deal with an air mattress and was done with sleeping on the ground.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Outfitter XL. Would be awful cozy and you’d have to want to spoon all night.

Plus, I bought a first generation one and it was an absolute bitch to get together as last latch took a lot of force to get locked into place.

I see they modified the new ones, but still wouldn’t expect it “easy”.

As everyone is saying, just buy two cots. You both will be happier.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Teton makes an XXL 85x40x19 inch .  If it is very cold out, this one will be big enough for two.  If it is hot out, probably only good for about 5-10 minutes of bumping uglies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, they used to make doubles, Bass Pro had a double too.

Bass Pro Shops Double Speed Frame Cot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top