Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2024 7:27:50 PM EDT
I built my own website many years ago and have migrated it a few times to my current hosting service: godaddy.  GoDaddy's prices are getting out of control, and I want to upgrade to SSL to gain a https so customer browsers quit giving them security warnings when they visit my site.  GoDaddy wants an extra $100+ / year for this (on top of what I'm already paying for 2 domain names and hosting), so I would like some other options (with prices).

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SouthernGunHand] [#1]
Arf switched over to Epik.

ETA at least as the registrar.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
@HenryKnoxFineBooks
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running sites on Bluehost (Ipower actually, but Bluehost bought them), and Hostinger. I have only had one issue with my Ipower/Bluehost since 2009, and it was resolved quickly. I have only had Hostinger for about a year, and had two issues with two seperate sites, both were corrupt config files. Ran the autofix and got them back up in minutes. Bluehost is more expensive than Hostinger, but they are so reliable, and I have about 70 email address with them, that I don't want to switch. I used to be on Godaddy, and Hostgator, but when renewal time came they priced themselves high enough to push me to Hostinger. All my sites are wordpress, and they moved seemlessly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HenryKnoxFineBooks] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
@HenryKnoxFineBooks
View Quote

I operate in that space. Base hosting HTML site via Apache on Linux @ $100 a year and $25 a year for the SSL Cert. You can run your own DNS or we do it. From your description,, I assume no DBs behind the site, and you're probably not using 100GB of disk space ... more involved stuff might cost more.

ETA: We also block IPs from countries we don't like. So, if you want to host stuff for Russian brides, Chinese Communist Party use, or the Islamic Republic of Iran, etc. we are not the hosting outfit you are seeking.

If you want to stay on the NET no matter what some woke DIE organization wants to do to deplatform you, then you will be happy with us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:

I operate in that space. Base hosting HTML site via Apache on Linux @ $100 a year and $25 a year for the SSL Cert. You can run your own DNS or we do it. From your description,, I assume no DBs behind the site, and you're probably not using 100GB of disk space ... more involved stuff might cost more.

ETA: We also block IPs from countries we don't like. So, if you want to host stuff for Russian brides, Chinese Communist Party use, or the Islamic Republic of Iran, etc. we are not the hosting outfit you are seeking.

If you want to stay on the NET no matter what some woke DIE organization wants to do to deplatform you, then you will be happy with us.
View Quote

@HenryKnoxFineBooks

I run an automotive performance business, so no russian brides, chinese or iranian ties; or anything like that.

I don't think my site has a DB.  It's just HTML pages and pictures.  It is currently using about 19gb of disk space.

As I said in the OP, the biggest issue is I don't have SSL so everyone's browser is flagging it as "not safe".  To be honest, that doesn't really matter (aside from the browser warnings) because I don't collect customer data on my website - I direct everyone to email me directly for orders / inquiries.

Can I PM you to discuss further?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mad_Anthony:

@HenryKnoxFineBooks

I run an automotive performance business, so no russian brides, chinese or iranian ties; or anything like that.

I don't think my site has a DB.  It's just HTML pages and pictures.  It is currently using about 19gb of disk space.

As I said in the OP, the biggest issue is I don't have SSL so everyone's browser is flagging it as "not safe".  To be honest, that doesn't really matter (aside from the browser warnings) because I don't collect customer data on my website - I direct everyone to email me directly for orders / inquiries.

Can I PM you to discuss further?
View Quote

Please do and we can have a look at what we can do for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:

Please do and we can have a look at what we can do for you.
View Quote

PM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top