Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just totally ok to be racist so long as it's against the global minority that is white people and western(American, Euro) culture.  It's ok, it's not "hate" if you don't have the "power."

Oh evolutionary arguments, how they amuse me.  I like the idea that a hand tranforming into a foot (without any fossil links showing this astounding progression, don't worry, it's "punctuated"), and LOSING immense amounts of strength, and protective body hair, are all evolutionary changes that are articulated as "disadvantageous" when it comes to transforming apes into humans.  All through the magic of genetic copying errors, and in-spite of genes switching on and off environmentally-aka-epigenetics.  Glorious logic, very science.
Meanwhile turtles, sharks, and old species discovered to still exist, etc. hardly changed all during hundreds of millions of years and immense changes in food, threats, and climate, (don't worry though, we call it "stasis" because...reasons).  

Oh the magical shapeshifting self-assuming(tautological) rationale that if-something-is, it must be because it served some infinitesimal survival function over countless generations(aka that creature with that gene made more babies, that line had more babies, etc.), thus we can come up with some made-up story, no matter how absurd, no matter how problematic all the in-between stages would have been to survival, or how dysfunctional a half "evolved" foot would be, no matter how the identical trait could be argued as having survival "fitness" in one creature, and hamper survival in another, it's washed over with elegant evolutionary wrapping paper, then we wrap it up, and put it in a pretty little science box with a bow, and go, "see, this is why "X" is the way it is, we know, we super duper know. Trust the science."  We put it in science books and museums, the media tells the stories, every field of science integrates the just-so stories even though they add nothing to the actual science of the field, writers integrate it into all manner of stories and articles, and the masses who were never exposed to any real serious challenges to it gobble it up(even better, misunderstand it and regurgitate it as Lamarckianism), and best of all, the scientists who's jobs it is to toe-the-line or be mocked out of academia and research definitely believe it, and thus we can proudly say, "see, most everyone believes it, and that's how we know. Trust the science."  

It's truly an ingenious a bulwark as the climate science, or the zeitgeist of LGBT logic.  Hey, does anyone remember when the Nazis used evolutionary logic at the times to degrade the Jews?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He showed how stupid he was by being for forced vaccination
View Quote

His argument for that made logical sense but being in favor of forcing it on people is a stupid position to take.  For example if 1% got covid and died but of those taking the vaccine if only 0.1% died from covid and 0.1% died from the vaccine, then the logical conclusion given the information at the time is less death from getting vaccinated.  Of course the people dying from the vaccine include younger healthier people compared it being mostly older and obese people from covid.  At that point you are just trading lives and need to argue whose life is worth more or less.  From a strictly death number view Tyson's position is accurate.  I think most people will agree that forcing it is wrong and then trading lives is wrong.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can’t stand the guy.  He’s the embodiment of the “well akchually” guy.  He has to let everybody know that he’s the smartest guy in the room at all times.  His tweets about movies show this perfectly.  He’s unable to enjoy anything just for the entertainment value, he has to use it as an opportunity to show off.  

The fact that they love him on Reddit tells you everything you need to know about him.
View Quote

Pretty much this. Blowhard incarnate. Anyone remember his retarded tweet about helicopters vs airplanes where he was completely unaware of the concept of autorotation?

I used to listen to his podcast many years ago. After about the 87th reference to cooking a pizza in 9 seconds on the surface of Venus and somehow equating that to the rising CO2/global warming of earth, I gave up. Having a different opinion is fine, I just ask that you don't be an insufferable twat about it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pretty much this. Blowhard incarnate. Anyone remember his retarded tweet about helicopters vs airplanes where he was completely unaware of the concept of autorotation?

I used to listen to his podcast many years ago. After about the 87th reference to cooking a pizza in 9 seconds on the surface of Venus and somehow equating that to the rising CO2/global warming of earth, I gave up. Having a different opinion is fine, I just ask that you don't be an insufferable twat about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can’t stand the guy.  He’s the embodiment of the “well akchually” guy.  He has to let everybody know that he’s the smartest guy in the room at all times.  His tweets about movies show this perfectly.  He’s unable to enjoy anything just for the entertainment value, he has to use it as an opportunity to show off.  

The fact that they love him on Reddit tells you everything you need to know about him.

The best example I can think of was his tweet about Top Gun 2 where was basically said “well akchually, you’d die if you ejected at Mach 10”.  No shit, it’s a movie, suspend your disbelief and just enjoy one of the few non garbage movies to come out of Hollywood recently.  If you made an accurate movie about fighter pilots without an element of fantasy it’d be boring as shit, because it would be 10% flying and 90% endless staff meetings and mandatory sexual harassment training.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think this makes 3 pages

Inb4 lock
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In this thread:
1) People who determined that he is racist without having seen the video where the statements are clearly meant cynically
2) People who apparently determined his guilt on a sexual assault accusation based on (so far at least) unfounded accusations, something they wouldn't tolerate if it were done to someone they like.

Even more sad is the fact that there's a guy who made a whole video about Tyson who KNEW that he wasn't making those statements in seriousness, and the fact that only a couple of people decided to look up the actual source material.
View Quote

I'm just here for the bantz.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It ok, because it's ok to be racist towards the whites.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-neil-degrasse-tyson-reveal-the-complexity-of-academic-inequality/

He's a loud mouth bag of shit rapist
View Quote

Sus.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It ok, because it's ok to be racist towards the whites.
View Quote

If you believe "racist" is a real word, you have to believe its definition as defined by the people who wield it. If you believe that, you have to believe its actually impossible to be racist against whites.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In this thread:
1) People who determined that he is racist without having seen the video where the statements are clearly meant cynically
2) People who apparently determined his guilt on a sexual assault accusation based on (so far at least) unfounded accusations, something they wouldn't tolerate if it were done to someone they like.

Even more sad is the fact that there's a guy who made a whole video about Tyson who KNEW that he wasn't making those statements in seriousness, and the fact that only a couple of people decided to look up the actual source material.
View Quote
Dr Lexus, paging Dr. Lexus....
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He's a smart guy and is very articulate...but now-a-days, the more he opens his mouth, the less I like him.

Haven't liked him since his last JRE podcast.
View Quote

Bias is science…
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
NdT is just another establishment, consensus science lemming.  Don't take anything he says seriously.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Supposedly the man is brilliant.

He strikes me as a brilliant son of a bitch
View Quote

He is not a stupid man.
Like it or not, there has been some discussion on the down low about his SAT scores from the 70s and his GRE scores from a few years after that.

Which pretty much are on par with an IQ 2 sd above the mean.
And average for someone with a physical science degree.

And smarter than about 98% of the general population.

So about 2% of the general population are in this range.
Maybe 4% or so of vanilla white/Europeans.
About 6% or so North Asians and Ashkenazi.
Overall, about 0.5% of Latin Americans are.  It’s a biphasic curve.  Mainly.
But about 0.1% of African Americans.  
And he had an African American father.  His mother was Puerto Rican.  Which means anything from white as a Hitler youth to mestizo to Africa black and everything in between.  I have no idea. I have the understanding that both were college educated and hard working and gainfully employed and supported his love of science from childhood.

Now, while that may have been average smart for a physical sciences major overall, there are some fields a little harder than others.  He completed his course work, was having problems with his research, took his masters, and dropped from his first Ph.D. Endeavor.  I think he bumped around as a lecturer in the field and then knocked out his Ph.D. On the second go around.

He is smarter than the vast majority of the general population, average for a physical sciences type overall, but below average for say some guy with a Ph.D. In math, physics, P Chem, etc.

But in general, a lot of people in the arena of academic Ph.D.s in Physics, Astronomy, and Astrophysics love him. Some do not.  But overall,
Because he has a general love of science, tries to instill this love in the general public, is a rarity, is on the surface married for 30 something years, role model, etc.there is a positive vibe. Insiders will admit he is a little too gropey on occasion, but do not believe the rape allegations.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't follow him but he seems like a fairly reasonable guy and knows how to teach complex topics simply.

The source video is pretty entertaining, not your typical liberal incideoius bullcrap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Is this where I chimp out and riot because he said I’m a monkey?

Nope sorry not that fragile
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfounded?

Are we not still doing "Believe All Women"?

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not really. He runs a planetarium, and has no significant papers or scientific accomplishments to his name. I guess he might be smart compared to your average guy and all, but he's not even in the ballpark of being a heavyweight in the scientific community, which is what he's commonly touted as being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a smart guy and is very articulate...but now-a-days, the more he opens his mouth, the less I like him.

Not really. He runs a planetarium, and has no significant papers or scientific accomplishments to his name. I guess he might be smart compared to your average guy and all, but he's not even in the ballpark of being a heavyweight in the scientific community, which is what he's commonly touted as being.

People get the impression that he is because his one admirable talent is to talk to his audiences level.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Equal opportunity version of Bill Nye?
View Quote

bingo
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unfounded?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfounded?

Only when it’s against conservatives.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think this makes 3 pages

Inb4 lock
View Quote

At 2
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
If he is/was a vaxxer, then a douche he is.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That was the first question that came to my mind.  Here is the result of a 3-minute Web search.  I think it's pretty humorous and entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflMVD3K4Sk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is the actual source? The video in OP is just sone random guy reading some random article.

That was the first question that came to my mind.  Here is the result of a 3-minute Web search.  I think it's pretty humorous and entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflMVD3K4Sk
That's hurtful about my treehouse, Neil. Hurtful. Real hurtful.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Got kicked out at UT, but bleeding hearts at Columbia gave him a doctorate.  Never a practicing astronomer, just a gadfly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is this where I chimp out and riot because he said I’m a monkey?

Nope sorry not that fragile
View Quote
I just ripped somebody's face off with my teeth in anger.

And then wrote a haiku about it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
FNdGT

This is the guy that made Pluto a non planet.
View Quote

Pluto was never a planet.

The actual planets got sick of seeing its weiner in the planet bathroom.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#29]
It doesn't bother me.

I was called "Honky" in the '70s & '80s.

I was called "Cracker" in the '90s.

I got jumped as a kid.

This doesn't faze me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Guess what, some folks do more than others.

Ron Perlman

Patrick Ewing

Neville Brand

Kiell Smith-Bynoe
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Chimpanzees are closely related humans. It has nothing to do with skin pigmentation.
View Quote

Maybe he's relating white feral behavior and violence to simians.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Sanford and Son - Gorilla Cookies!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Either all races are truly equal, or they are not.  Stop playing the handicap game.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Science guy dips foot in political quicksand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Smart, articulate guys can still be complete rhetorical conning ideologues and some of them are even more at risk of becoming as such - just like this racist focusing on skin color
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yup, the guy is a blowhard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fancies himself a genius on all subjects because he gained attention for being well spoken in one subject.  When you actual hear him speak on anything out of his lane, he's actually a complete dumbass and he talks down to anyone who disagrees with him, because you know, he's a scientist who knows all.

Yup, the guy is a blowhard.

He's a scientist on the level of Bill Nye
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Nazism comes in all colors now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#41]
What’s wrong with resembling monkeys?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's a faggot and a half and very convinced of his own superiority.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Neil deGrasse Tyson Uses Science to Show Why Whites Resemble Monkeys

The actual interview, for the rare arfcommer with genuine intellectual curiosity regarding what he actually said, in context.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Time for me to chime in again. You guys need to watch the actual video. You are acting like this is the Covid for and falling for fake news.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Just as nonsensical as everything else that bag of shit says
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Is this dude a black Bill Nye? Likes to sound smart about science but doesn't have the credentials to back it up?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Here is the video where the comment happens.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Scientifically Explains Why Whites Resemble Monkeys More than Blacks (Part 9)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top