Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/12/2024 8:06:22 PM EDT
I've got one of these on the way.

Attachment Attached File

If you haven't used a Nepros ratchet, you should treat yourself someday.  I am at a point in my life that I want to enjoy my tools. These ratchets are really beautiful. So smooth. Perfect chrome. Low back drag.

I've almost got my full set of Koken nut grip sockets once the semi deep set arrives. They pair perfectly with the Nepros ratchet.

Nepros NBR290L

I think video gives a better impression of how well made they are.

https://youtu.be/fVmsyyn9NGw?si=KxSpPfTsZNwfavYF

Nepros vs Ko-ken Zeal ???? Nepros Ratchet • Ko-ken Nutgrip Sockets • Japanese Tool Haul
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the tool junkie crew
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I get a kick out of these threads you create where you talk up a product you haven't even received yet.  
You call it a work of art, but its still in the mail?   Its like reading amazon reviews.  5 stars.  I haven't used it yet, but definitely 5 stars.  I'd give 6 if I could.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I see wat you mean.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I get a kick out of these threads you create where you talk up a product you haven't even received yet.  
You call it a work of art, but its still in the mail?   Its like reading amazon reviews.  5 stars.  I haven't used it yet, but definitely 5 stars.  I'd give 6 if I could.
View Quote

How many Nepros ratchets do I own?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Just as good gold plated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FGracing:
Just as good gold plated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184999/IMG_6440_png-3348415.JPG
View Quote

If you saw the Nepros up close, it is sick how near perfect the Nepros is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
How do you review an item you don't even own yet?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kingstrider:
How do you review an item you don't even own yet?
View Quote

I own 3 Nepros ratchets. 1/2, 1/4 standard length, and a 3/8 in a 1/4 standard body.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#9]
More importantly, how can you review it when you haven't owned it a decade?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Nepros are top tier.  I have two, and silly enough try not to use them because they're so pretty.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Too long.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
More importantly, how can you review it when you haven't owned it a decade?
View Quote

Under that rule no one would do any tool threads at all. If you cannot tell a tool is quality right away then you might want to stay away from my threads.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Torque556:
Nepros are top tier.  I have two, and silly enough try not to use them because they're so pretty.  
View Quote

I try to grab them first. Lol. I just make sure to have some cardboard to lay it on.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By batmanacw:

Under that rule no one would do any tool threads at all. If you cannot tell a tool is quality right away then you might want to stay away from my threads.
View Quote
I can't imagine being this excited about a ratchet to begin with honestly.  It's kinda weird.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
Too long.
View Quote

I bought it because it is long. Already have the short one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:55:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#16]
It's a ratchet. You use it to turn bolts and nuts. Then it gets tossed in a tool box. I've been using US made Craftsman ratchets for the past 24 or so years. Never had an issue and they get the job done.

I don't need a work of art to take stuff apart or put stuff together. I need a tool.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:58:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pale_pony] [#17]
...I'm out
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I can't imagine being this excited about a ratchet to begin with honestly.  It's kinda weird.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Burnsy:

We are surrounded by clown world negativity all day long every day. Why not buy tools that we can enjoy and look forward to using?

I haven't used my 1/4 drive Koken nut grip sockets yet, but I'm dying to. I've used my 3/8 drive nut grips and are freakin awesome.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm big into the Tekton side of tools. I've been using their stuff for probably a decade now to work on big vehicles. They've never let me down.

I bet these are going to be superb and better than the Tektons are.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By southerncross:
If they are so awesome how have I never heard of them?
View Quote

Have you taken the time to look into Japanese tools?

KTC, Koken, Nepros are all part of the same company. Vessel and Eight Tools are both awesome.  Lots of great tools from Japan.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#22]
What does "I want to enjoy me tools mean"?  

Does it mean that you are brave enough?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I'm big into the Tekton side of tools. I've been using their stuff for probably a decade now to work on big vehicles. They've never let me down.

I bet these are going to be superb and better than the Tektons are.
View Quote

All my SAE 1/4 sockets are Tekton. So are my 3/4 drive sockets.  Lol!
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:
What does "I want to enjoy me tools mean"?  

Does it mean that you are brave enough?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
It's a ratchet. You use it to turn bolts and nuts. Then it gets tossed in a tool box. I've been using US made Craftsman ratchets for the past 24 or so years. Never had an issue and they get the job done.

I don't need a work of art to take stuff apart or put stuff together. I need a tool.
View Quote

OP is a tool whore, just like me.  You wither enjoy high quality tools, or you don't really care as long as they work.  There tends to be no in-between.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That's true but the feel, ratcheting mechanism, and minutia that make the Tekton and Nepros better than the old craftsman. I have multiple old craftsman sets that were given to me by my dad. They're great sets but fall short of the Tekton and Nepros.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#28]

All my SAE 1/4 sockets are Tekton. So are my 3/4 drive sockets.  Lol!
View Quote

I have a 30x50 shop that smells like a harbor freight with Icon, Capri, Tekton, pittsburg, and quinn tools everywhere
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#29]

OP is a tool whore, just like me.  You wither enjoy high quality tools, or you don't really care as long as they work.  There tends to be no in-between.
View All Quotes

I still have lots of mediocre tools. I just try to avoid using them. Lol.

I have tool sets in 3 different areas of my garage and shop. I still have a crappy 36 tooth long pattern Craftsman in my fabrication shop, right next to a round head fine tooth Craftsman. They work but I don't enjoy using them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#30]

I have a 30x50 shop that smells like a harbor freight with Icon, Capri, Tekton, pittsburg, and quinn tools everywhere
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#31]

I have tool sets in 3 different areas of my garage and shop. I still have a crappy 36 tooth long pattern Craftsman in my fabrication shop, right next to a round head fine tooth Craftsman. They work but I don't enjoy using them.
View All Quotes

Same here.  All my nice tools were at work, and I backfilled my house tools with inexpensive stuff.  Now my nice tools are at home and I have a good mix of nice, and cheap Lowe's Craftsman, some Tekton,etc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

The 36 tooth Craftsman 1/2, 3/8ths, and 1/4 were my go to for years. Nothing wrong with them BUT it's 2024...72 is the minimum.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#33]

The 36 tooth Craftsman 1/2, 3/8ths, and 1/4 were my go to for years. Nothing wrong with them BUT it's 2024...72 is the minimum.

View All Quotes

BTW: speaking of 72 teeth

Just buy it. The head is tiny. Very low backdrag. I use this same ratchet for work every day. Everyone loves it....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256399123533?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=TwHj-7tvSKa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=JI3B3TI3SPu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Purse-swinging thread
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Purse-swinging thread
View Quote

We all swinging wrenches all up in here!
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mstennes:

https://www.icegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/icegif-503.gif

He thought he had a point, but i own 3 other Nepros ratchets.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#38]
@batamancw what are you doing for power tools?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#39]
But can I use it as a hammer?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I have the 3/8" version. It might even be a 1/4" ratchet with 3/8" guts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:23:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mstennes:

https://www.icegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/icegif-503.gif

No I actually was laughing at the Amazon reviews.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BigDeeeeeeee:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27773/IMG_0667_jpeg-3348412.JPG

I see wat you mean.
View Quote

You can tell by the pixels…
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#43]
OP’s backdrag is getting gaped.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

That's true but the feel, ratcheting mechanism, and minutia that make the Tekton and Nepros better than the old craftsman. I have multiple old craftsman sets that were given to me by my dad. They're great sets but fall short of the Tekton and Nepros.

View Quote

Honestly,  I don't think I'd even be able to tell the difference. As long as the tool can take stuff apart and put it back together I don't give a damn if it's 25 teeth or 2500 teeth and as smooth as a hookers ass.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Honestly,  I don't think I'd even be able to tell the difference. As long as the tool can take stuff apart and put it back together I don't give a damn if it's 25 teeth or 2500 teeth and as smooth as a hookers ass.
View Quote

You could, easily. Even blindfolded.

Nice tools make everything nicer and easier.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#46]
@batamancw what are you doing for power tools?
View Quote
And I want to know what you build and service with all of these tools.

90% of the time I can tell if it's one of your threads just from the title.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I will stick with my german Hazet ratchets.... You can have that inferior Japanese junk!
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By torstin:
And I want to know what you build and service with all of these tools.

90% of the time I can tell if it's one of your threads just from the title.

View Quote

He’s building a Soviet era armored brigade, lol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

We can tell you have never used a quality ratchet and do not use tools for a living by your post.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Old low tooth count ratchets are fine for a lot of things but if you gotta do things like take the turbo off an obs 7.3 then stuff like this can make a drastic difference.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top