LOL
Not happening
View Quote
Non-Texans telling Texans about Texas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread shows who does not understand that any member can introduce any bill. That doesn't mean anything. Just like when a GOP member introduces an anti-abortion bill.
View Quote
The real impact is from those who show up to influence said members.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Red flag will be DOA unless it gets major changes. Gun show checks could happen, are happening voluntarily at some already, but would be very difficult to enforce.

Our legislators are still very Red.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/anti-gun-bills-to-be-introduced-in-texas/#axzz5ZQlmYTwo

[PAUL] Good thing this only happens in California [/PAUL]
View Quote
Yeah, Dems can introduce anything they want, and usually do. That doesn't mean it gets passed. GOV Abbott has said he wouldn't sign a "red flag" law if it made it to him.

Nice try though.

ETA Seems you forgot to mention that "constitutional carry" was also introduced and the TX GOP has stated that passing it is a priority this coming session.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL

I would like to see how they plan to get Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to consider ANY gun control.
View Quote
Yep. Most people don't understand that the Lt. Gov is the actual power regarding legislation in Texas.

I have been expecting Travis, Harris, Dallas counties or their cities to enact this shit and ruin some lives before it gets slapped down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep. Most people don't understand that the Lt. Gov is the actual power regarding legislation in Texas.

I have been expecting Travis, Harris, Dallas counties or their cities to enact this shit and ruin some lives before it gets slapped down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

I would like to see how they plan to get Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to consider ANY gun control.

AG Paxton would love to take them down hard and dry.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dead on arrival.
View Quote
DOA
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But didn't. Beto did better than I expected. I guess that's what 79 million will get you, which is over twice what Ted scrounged up.

79 million to lose LOL. If this is what going blue is like....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beto was quite close to winning the senate seat...
But didn't. Beto did better than I expected. I guess that's what 79 million will get you, which is over twice what Ted scrounged up.

79 million to lose LOL. If this is what going blue is like....
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Abbott would probably like to see it on his desk just to publicly stomp it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will go one place, to die in committee . Then again I bet TSRA and Alice Tripp can get it to Abbot's desk
Abbott publicly came out in favour of Red Flag laws right after the last schol shooting. I heard it live on the radio. He'd most likely sign such a bill into law. I hate that so many prominent Republicans are onboard with this kind of bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to Texamexafornia
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, Dems can introduce anything they want, and usually do. That doesn't mean it gets passed. GOV Abbott has said he wouldn't sign a "red flag" law if it made it to him.

Nice try though.

ETA Seems you forgot to mention that "constitutional carry" was also introduced and the TX GOP has stated that passing it is a priority this coming session.
View Quote
When did Abbott change his position? If he's switching back and forth I don't think he can be trusted, in any case. Best to try to defeat this in the legislature. Too bad the President has also endorsed this nonsense (and the NRA to an extent as wel, IIRC).
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Abbott publicly came out in favour of Red Flag laws right after the last schol shooting. I heard it live on the radio. He'd most likely sign such a bill into law. I hate that so many prominent Republicans are onboard with this kind of bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will go one place, to die in committee . Then again I bet TSRA and Alice Tripp can get it to Abbot's desk

Please inform yourself before spewing Leftist crap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#13]
time to make more doorstops

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Na sayers beware.
It may go nowhere today but tomorrow (and the not to distant future) is what I'm worried about.  
The amount of commies moving in from california, new york, washington, oregon and new jersey is disheartening
View Quote
Well, then there's no use lamenting it if it's a done deal
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This. “Introduced” is a long way from being signed, but we shouldn’t let that stop the anti-Texas circle jerk that seems to delight so many. Carry on....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread shows who does not understand that any member can introduce any bill. That doesn't mean anything. Just like when a GOP member introduces an anti-abortion bill.
This. “Introduced” is a long way from being signed, but we shouldn’t let that stop the anti-Texas circle jerk that seems to delight so many. Carry on....
"Oh boy, if their state is ruined, I won't feel ashamed of mine anymore!"
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
5th amendment violation, and people need to start suing.

Anyone can file a PO against anyone and it is granted based on NOTHING that can be verified unless investigators do their jobs.
View Quote
No adjudication, no due process, arbitrary bullshit....
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Beto lied about his affiliations in his campaign literature too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Texas will turn Blue. When it does, the Republic will be lost.
View Quote
The Republic is already lost. Florida elected an R senator and an R governor by the thinnest of margins. Next time, there will be 1,000,000 convicted felons who will be eligible to vote in Florida. How well do you think Rule of Law Republicans will do in Florida in 2020?

Checkmate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote
Abbott used a gun control buzzword ONCE and got shit for it for a full two months.

This is going nowhere.

BTW, constitutional carry is supposedly the priority bill next session.

"Waaah, Texas is lost!  Waaah, Beto gon' be prezdint!"
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

He needs to fuck up Beto over campaign finance violations first.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
He likely did it because our asshat senior senator, Cornyn supported it on the federal level.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

I’m OK with that.
Has anything come of it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/cb/40/11cb40b9e2d6b9fd5614513b0cf6cd91.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor choice of gif, since Trump proves his point.

CA residents telling Texans they know how to prevent our gun control better than we do.  How...typical.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He also didn't run as a Democrat; not a speck of blue on a poster, or even a (D) to be found.  He ran as a Whataburgerian.

If Cruz had shamelessly ripped off Topo Chico's logo, he'd have won by 70%
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

CA residents telling Texans they know how to prevent our gun control better than we do.  How...typical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doble entendre
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.

Anti gun bills are introduced every session.

They always die in committee.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#27]
We're already well aware of it nearly a week ago...

From December 6th ...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Silly-Dumb-O-Crats-at-it-again-Gun-Control-in-the-2019-Session/8-629817/

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Republic is already lost. Florida elected an R senator and an R governor by the thinnest of margins. Next time, there will be 1,000,000 convicted felons who will be eligible to vote in Florida. How well do you think Rule of Law Republicans will do in Florida in 2020?

Checkmate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.
Well, the Democrats will have to be buying a lot of beer & pot to get 1,000,000 convicted felons to bother to go to the polls.

And since it is two years away until the next election, odds are very good that a significant percentage of that number will be back locked up & incarcerated before then...   Leopards don't change their spots...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, the Democrats will have to be buying a lot of beer & pot to get 1,000,000 convicted felons to bother to go to the polls.

And since it is two years away until the next election, odds are very good that a significant percentage of that number will be back locked up & incarcerated before then...   Leopards don't change their spots...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.

What did Rick Scott win by? 10,000 votes? That's 1% of the new pool of available voters.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Which states have already passed red flat laws?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:46:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Shot down
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Ignorance thinking this bill has any credence. I also can try and write one about allowing Sasquatch to pass till roads for free.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Na sayers beware.
It may go nowhere today but tomorrow (and the not to distant future) is what I'm worried about.  
The amount of commies moving in from california, new york, washington, oregon and new jersey is disheartening
View Quote
I just moved to TX from WA. I've voted against every single tax increase / levy I've ever seen on a ballot... Never once voted for a D... Always vote small gov...and I own a grenade launcher DD. Pretty sure I'm more conservative than 99.99% of Texas natives. If I ran this place, there sure as hell wouldn't be "vehicle inspections", that's for sure. At any rate, my point is: not everyone from a communist state is a communist. I'm here for the freedom, and if I have anything to say about it TX gun laws will get better, not worse!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Na sayers beware.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What did Rick Scott win by? 10,000 votes? That's 1% of the new pool of available voters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.

with Respect to you my Friend...

It is not how many stand around the pool (could vote), elections are all about who dives in (actually votes) ...

I see the point of your argument that from a larger pool you may potentially get more voters, but in most elections the traditional prison population has a poor record of voter turn out.

The Democrats have really built excellent Ground Game operations in several states with powerful results.  NV, AZ, FL, TX, GA and other traditionally Very Red states they won or were very close to winning.   The National and State Republican parties seem to just be coasting by on past momentum and results, and not laying the groundwork for planned & coordinated campaigns in real contested battlegrounds in our deeply divided nation.

Example - Republicans have let themselves be seen as Anti-Hispanic by many.  The truth is George W Bush won large portions of the Hispanic - Latino vote both as Governor & as President because he understood that you can be against illegal immigration without being seen as a racist against Hispanics - Latinos in America.  Republicans need to restore their position that they support for LEGAL & Controlled Immigration & Integration of those who follow the rules and want to become AMERICANS, (not hyphenated minorities seeking special benefits or exemptions)

Just that phrase right there LEGAL & CONTROLLED IMMIGRATION & INTEGRATION would go a long ways toward helping Texas & National Republicans in working toward a significant and growing portion of the population they need to win.  The Republicans have essentially written off Black Voters.  They are far behind with Youth Voters.   They have been lucky that the people most likely to show up to vote 'R' in important elections are / were Whites of Mid to Upper Age.  That is a Demographic that will decline, and unless the Republicans realize that and reach out with a Positive Alternative to the Brown, Black, Young voters, (think the Beto campaign) we will see close races that "R"s will at some point start losing.  Once that momentum starts (Dam Breaks) things will go from bad to ugly to nasty pretty quickly...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Na sayers beware.
Mostly because Ted Cruz didn't campaign worth a damn.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’m OK with that.
Has anything come of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

I’m OK with that.
Has anything come of it?
Texas campaign finance violations are enforced by the Texas Ethics Commission.  However, Robert Francis was still dealing with his FEC violations last time I looked, so they’ll probably let the FEC have a turn before they even look at it.  My guess is he’ll pay a fine and go on.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Na sayers beware.
https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1541787921-Beto-Cruz-Texas-voters.JPG?auto=format&q=50&or=0&w=800
Seems like who ever made up this poll got their answers backwards.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lol Texas
View Quote
Remember how many times commuter rail came up in Austin before it finally passed in an off year election?

It was voted down several times.

These scumbags do not ever stop.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Going nowhere as written.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Never gonna happen.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Texans don't think turning purple be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what happened in the Republican majority State of Florida. Clawing and scratching my way to Texas and bringing a whole household of pro gun votes with me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Like I said, every state will have this law in the near future. Once every state has one it's only a matter of time before they figure out how to use it to mass confiscate.
View Quote
They don't have to ban guns , just people.   No guns from daddy means no guns for kids.

Got a YouTube channel shooting guns?  One leftist anonymous complaint away from losing them.

Kid talks about shooting on the weekend at school?  Leftist teacher would happily drop a dime.

Glock sticker on your truck?  One anonymous complaint from getting a no knock.

If video game nerds can swat people, lefty Lenny is going to have no problem.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#45]
That's a fascinating chart. Maybe a f ton of people moving here are coming for the low taxes and freedom. All native Texans 'see' is Californians moving to Austin, but those election numbers are pretty convincing. When we got here the election was over, but my wife was like "I can't wait until we can vote for Ted Cruz..."
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The President should rescind his endorsement for these actions.
View Quote
Quoted:
The President should rescind his endorsement for these actions.
View Quote
I approve of this double-tap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#47]
better be DOA

it will lead to a lot of bloodshed when people try to use it for swatting if passed
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#48]
“Nationally syndicated conservative radio host _________ was served a ‘risk protection order’ yesterday. Authorities state the action is due to his calls for violence to his audience such as, ‘keep your powder dry,’ and ‘know your enemy,’ as well as several furious rants about a coming civil war.

In other news, today the host’s home was burned to the ground with he and his family inside it.  Applications to fill his position have dropped to zero.”
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
IF it should pass in some form the problem is the raft Dem judges that rode in on Beto's coattails.

One of their judicial districts (I don't recall which one) which hadn’t elected a Democratic judge for near 20 years, elected eight Dems and flipped that court.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Remember how many times commuter rail came up in Austin before it finally passed in an off year election?

It was voted down several times.

These scumbags do not ever stop.
View Quote
As the Terrorists said "We only have to be lucky once - You have to be lucky everytime"
Page / 3
Top Top