Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2023 11:09:03 PM EDT
https://archive.is/7mtv4

Add another dollar to the Alex Jones was right jar.

The Adams administration has announced a plan to begin tracking the carbon footprint created by household food consumption as well as a new target for New York City agencies to reduce their food-based emissions by 33% by the year 2023. [Did they mean 2032 - I.C.?]

The new plan puts the city on par with London and 13 other cities to incorporate food consumption into its greenhouse gas emission metrics. The effort to examine the environmental effects of eating foods like meat and dairy was first announced about a year ago as part of a collaboration among major cities across the globe.

On Monday, Adams acknowledged that interrogating people’s food choices would be difficult. “I don't know if people are really ready for this conversation,” he said.

World Economic Forum's 'My Carbon' Project.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/09/my-carbon-an-approach-for-inclusive-and-sustainable-cities/

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember that scene in Game of Thrones when the slaves kill their masters, that was great.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing CoC to say.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably lead to another example of controlling peoples behavior through taxation.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Or, stay with me on this,

Attachment Attached File

Plant some trees if you're worried about CO2.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Trees are environmentally friendly.

Especially the tree of Liberty.

Sounds like fertilizing it would be green.

Green AF.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah yes....the War on Food.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay cool, now restrict EBT purchases to reflect government approved foods
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Time to start cooking over charcoal
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
This is how Taco Bell becomes the only "restaurant" isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s a solution for this, in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Personally, I think I am well ready for this conversion. It is an important conversion to have, and one that is well overdue.

It goes something like: 'Fuck you, you statist fascist fuck. What I eat is no business of you, of New York City, of New York State, of society at large, or of anybody at all except for myself.  So why don't you eat my whole ass you hypocritical Marxist Commie bastard. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch, you son of a whore, you misbegotten offspring of the diseased backside of a toad. Fuck you.'

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

YEAH RIGHT!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Remember that scene in Game of Thrones when the slaves kill their masters, that was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrSGOvFDCE
View Quote

She's Hot!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:40:13 AM EDT
[#17]
There's plenty of food to eat within NYC to avoid that pesky farming and transportation.

Rat vs beef

Pigeon vs chicken

Tomatoes grown in street feces

Whatever you can scoop out of the river.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://archive.is/7mtv4

On Monday, Adams acknowledged that interrogating people’s food choices would be difficult. “I don't know if people are really ready for this conversation,” he said.
View Quote

Anyone still confused about how to respond when a leftist tells you they just want to have a conversation?

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Just remember all the crazy dystopian future and apocalypse movies and that is where we are ending up quickly.

I feel like this has to be a dream, and i am still in my coma. Oh God Please let me still be in a coma.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Every time they do this shit I burn a tire in the backyard.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Another classic communist wet dream where the politicians literally spoon feed Soyent Green to their people.

Did they come out and admit that Soyent Green is made from the dead bodies of conservatives yet?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Time to start cooking over char coal
View Quote
Parlor coal makes for a nice fire.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are restricted but I like your twist with specific by-brand approved foods.

That would allow the bureaucracy to collect bribes from companies seeking to get on the approval list.

Offer a politician more power? Yes please! I can see an entire department with dozens and dozens of city employees entertaining food companies that want approval to sell in NYC. There would be millions and millions of dollars of graft and payouts a month.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just remember all the crazy dystopian future and apocalypse movies and that is where we are ending up quickly.

I feel like this has to be a dream, and i am still in my coma. Oh God Please let me still be in a coma.
View Quote

It can happen amazingly fast.

Hitler came to office in 1933 and six years later the panzers were crossing the border.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#25]
When do we get the three sea shells?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Had an environut coworker at my last job.

At one point she made some kind of passive aggressive comment about people driving pickups, minutes after I had mentioned something about my truck (I don't remember what).

I told her that while I don't trust the math on carbon impact, it doesn't matter because my life is greener than just about anyone. I own acres of thriving hardwood forest, which are capturing enough carbon to offset most if not all of my carbon footprint.

She said it doesn't work like that, and the carbon captured by my woods doesn't make my driving a truck OK.

I asked if it was OK to cut it all down then.

She looked horrified and said that I don't understand the problem.

I asked if she believed in a carbon capture / carbon credit system. (I knew she did). She said yes.

I asked what is the difference between paying some company to use an industrial process to pull carbon out of the air and store it, and me doing it directly by owning a bunch of forest and the trees doing it?

She walked away.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Adams is a weirdo vegan I think and has already been pushing that. He needs to keep it up.

No high co2 producing beef in NYC (to punish his rich supporters).

Nothing but local veggies for his poor, EBT supporters
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I want to make sure I am getting this right. The plan is to no longer allow illegals to have beans in their burritos to reduce gas emissions?

Is belching while drinking beer considered an emission?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

At one point she made some kind of passive aggressive comment about people driving pickups, minutes after I had mentioned something about my truck (I don't remember what).

I told her that while I don't trust the math on carbon impact, it doesn't matter because my life is greener than just about anyone. I own acres of thriving hardwood forest, which are capturing enough carbon to offset most if not all of my carbon footprint.

She said it doesn't work like that, and the carbon captured by my woods doesn't make my driving a truck OK.

I asked if it was OK to cut it all down then.

She looked horrified and said that I don't understand the problem.

I asked if she believed in a carbon capture / carbon credit system. (I knew she did). She said yes.

I asked what is the difference between paying some company to use an industrial process to pull carbon out of the air and store it, and me doing it directly by owning a bunch of forest and the trees doing it?

She walked away.
View Quote

Ask her if the carbon math is really accurate - then how does minimizing a very small amount of CO2 really change the course versus assigning resources to manage the eventual climate change.  How does she explain the 8 ice ages that exist pre-human combustion engines?  Climate changes - period it isn't static what needs to change is how we adapt.

Its more of a compass heading to convince people to take resources away from those they woudln't morally choose to do so (cut food, health care and energy ) to those that "consume too much"  Your too old for helath care you will consume too much carbon if you live longer - etc. etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Someone altered the timeline. The consequences have been disastrous.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Commies have a habit of starving millions of people to death
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Personally, I think I am well ready for this conversion. It is an important conversion to have, and one that is well overdue.

It goes something like: 'Fuck you, you statist fascist fuck. What I eat is no business of you, of New York City, of New York State, of society at large, or of anybody at all except for myself.  So why don't you eat my whole ass you hypocritical Marxist Commie bastard. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch, you son of a whore, you misbegotten offspring of the diseased backside of a toad. Fuck you.'

View Quote

11/11!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember what happened after that though?

All the slaves were mad and lost, they had no way of functioning without someone to tell them what to do.

I would anticipate the same happening in a lot of large urban areas of suddenly they were no longer under the thumb.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey, mayor adams; pull my finger!

And FU.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#36]
They can suck their greenhouse gas right outta my ass
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Time to start cooking over charcoal
View Quote

like roasting the mother-WEFers?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Making way for Soylent Green
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Are they including the CO2 from the power it took for the A/C, computers, lights, and phones these yammerheads used to come up with this drivel?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Can't even let them eat cake?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to have a coworker like that. Made some comments about "People shouldn't be allowed to own trucks like that" because I have an old Duramax that I basically only drove a few times a month. Of course, he also had a truck, and it was his daily driver, but that was different because he "needed" it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Beans will be banned to reduce methane emissions
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can't even let them eat cake?
View Quote

The actual translation was closer to "Let them eat cakes (of dung)"
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#44]
How the fuck do they plan on doing such a thing?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Surprise, commies following each other in lockstep regarding control methods.

In 20 years you'll have to file for a permit to take a whiz.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All the slaves were mad and lost, they had no way of functioning without someone to tell them what to do.

I would anticipate the same happening in a lot of large urban areas of suddenly they were no longer under the thumb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm having a hard time seeing the downside here.  A slave will always be a slave because they look to someone else to provide for them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#48]
What compels someone to be a megalomaniac?

I will never understand these people who have this compulsive need to control every single detail of other's lives. Especially give the fact that more often than not they can barely control their own life and family (e.g. Hunter Biden).  

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#49]
In the end more carbon will be released when it all gets burnt down.

Could also mention the fact it is more green to drive an old gas car, than to force the production of a new electric one - given about 1/2 the carbon produced is during manufacturing.  Not to mention odds are that most of the electricity the car uses also released carbon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top