Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2023 4:15:22 PM EDT
Been wanting to do this for a long while. This is my first venture into the 20 inch territory.

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice lightweight build
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What front sight base is that?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What front sight base is that?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
View Quote

A.R.M.S  #41B
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
That's sexy!

I need to do that to my SP1 or XM16. Where did you get the furniture?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the grip comfortable?   It looks like there are edges but that might just be the camera angle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
wood is good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I dig it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of quote is that? That's not something I've ever posted and has nothing to do with the thread?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What kind of quote is that? That's not something I've ever posted and has nothing to do with the thread?
View Quote

Fallout: new Vegas look like a gun from that video game a bit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was a joke.

You have a rifle almost identical to what the unnamed NCR soldiers in "Fallout: New Vegas" carry and that is one of the comments they frequently say when the player character approaches them.

Many of us in the PSA thread wanted an NCR marked lower to do builds very similar to your top picture. Naturally, all the non-gamers thought we were nuts for wanting a California lower (NCR is the New California Republic, whose flag is a two headed bear)

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice. Good relief from the pistol brace threads...
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is the grip comfortable?   It looks like there are edges but that might just be the camera angle.
View Quote

The grip is kinda chonky but not uncomfortable. I would have liked it to be more A2-ish though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure how I feel about the A3 upper but I think that's a good example that wood furniture can look nice. At least you can carve up that grip if you want, or possibly make your own.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not sure how I feel about the A3 upper but I think that's a good example that wood furniture can look nice. At least you can carve up that grip if you want, or possibly make your own.
View Quote

I built it that way for 2 reasons. The first is that I already had most of the parts. Just had to buy the furniture and related bits. And second, if I want to run an optic for whatever reason I can pull the carry handle and fold the front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top